CDO Forums
Golden Hat #17 - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat #17 (/showthread.php?tid=11025)

Golden Hat #17 - Nicodemus - 04-24-2012 03:30 AM

Welcome to the 17th Golden Hat competition!

Subject Matter
For this Golden Hat competition we want to see your War Machines! This could be something pre-8th Edition, such as a Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower, a Tenderiser, an Earthshaker Cannon; it could be something from the Legion of Azgorh list, such as an Iron Daemon, a Magma Cannon; or perhaps something of your own creation!  Please keep in mind, if this is a Warmachine of your own creation, it should still be recognizable as a warmachine, not a K'daai Destroyer or something else.  Yes, technically the Hellcannon, and the older Seige Cannon (aka "Ass-cannon"), are Monsters, but these the only Chaos Dwarf pieces that we're going to allow to cross-over into this competition.

Your Warmachine must be Chaos Dwarf-related, but beyond that it may be operated by a number of Chaos Dwarf(s), Bull Centaur(s), Hobgoblin(s), Slave(s), etc.

EDIT: Restrictions on basing have been lifted. Any kind of base will be permitted. Additionally, while a war machine typically will have crew, this is not a requirement any longer (nor is there a limitation on the maximum number of crew). Ogre slaves and other beasts used in the service of the Machine of War are permitted, and this can include monsters of any size or description. The war machine itself ought to be the focus , however. We want to see the coolest Chaos Dwarf war machines ever constructed in the depths of Zharr Naggrund!

Also:
Display bases, plinths, as well as diorama style bases, are allowed.
The full rules for basing can be found here.

Specifics
Subject: 1 Chaos Dwarf War Machine
The due Date: 11:59 PM June 30th, 2012 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

What is the deadline?
Once again, this is the same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM June 30th, 2012 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Entrants have ~5 weeks to complete entries).

If, for some reason, you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame.
- The top entry will also receive a Forge World Hellsmith, courtesy of Grimstonefire, which includes 'free' postage (up to a value of £3, any additional postage cost will need to be paid for by the winner) -- the perfect accompanying character for your prize-winning warmachine!!
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

Entries will count towards a veteran medal.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting within the first week of July, 2012. If there are any questions please send a PM to myself, another Staff member or post them here.  Ideally post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

~N

RE: Golden Hat #17 - furrie - 04-26-2012 02:54 AM

Lets see if I can finish a Warmachine with crew

RE: Golden Hat #17 - DAGabriel - 04-26-2012 05:04 AM

I think i will try my luck, too!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 04-26-2012 05:34 AM

...First of all: great theme.
Second: I know you said "no K'Daai" but what if a person submits a sort of mechanical monster? I mean, what if it is CLEARLY recognizable as something mechanical? I don't know: trains, mine carts, mechanical bulls, steam drills (and so on)

EDIT: Thommy H's book allows daemonsmiths to ride Hellborn Constructs. Does this count as a Warmachine (with one crew)?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - The_Bear_in_the_Hat - 04-26-2012 05:49 AM

Count me in.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - tjub - 04-26-2012 06:15 AM

Herby Wrote:
The 17th Golden Hat competition! Great!

Hi Nicodemus!

I guess you will see a new creation not such one which has already be shown here on the side?

Greetings Takes Hat off
Herby

As long as you havent posted a painted version of the model its ok... Happy

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bolg - 04-26-2012 07:11 AM

What a great motivator to finally finish my hellcannon!!  awesomeness!!!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - bas_2312 - 04-26-2012 07:56 AM

I just started planning some warmachines to update my Big Hat army, so this came at exactly the right time!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - G.2 - 04-26-2012 08:54 AM

Do the Chaos Dwarf / Hobgoblin Operators need to be visible? For example; can the warmachine be completely enclosed (think WH40K dreadnought), with the assumption (and room) for 1-3 crew.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - tjub - 04-26-2012 11:11 AM

G.2 Wrote:
Do the Chaos Dwarf / Hobgoblin Operators need to be visible? For example; can the warmachine be completely enclosed (think WH40K dreadnought), with the assumption (and room) for 1-3 crew.

I assume that at least one will have to be...

Quote:
Crew
There must be a minimum of one crew accompanying your Warmachine, up to a maximum of 3 Crew members.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Blue in VT - 04-26-2012 11:40 AM

Takes Hat off

Great!  I may not have the most eye popping war machines for my old school dwarfs but I'll give this a go for sure.

Cheers

Blue

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Nicodemus - 04-26-2012 11:50 AM

G.2 Wrote:

At least one would have to be visible.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Zanko - 04-26-2012 11:59 AM

Great theme! Takes Hat off

I'm definety in - must think over with which model I will enter! Big Grin

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 04-26-2012 12:35 PM

...Does anyone mind answering my questions?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Grimstonefire - 04-26-2012 02:14 PM

The Hellsmith prize is unpainted and unassembled. Wink

I will have about a week to paint this after my exam.  So I may be in.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 04-26-2012 02:50 PM

Great! Here we go again! Have to put my other projects on hold!

@skink: I would have thought it was ok but best ask the mods. Pm Nico.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Grimstonefire - 04-26-2012 03:15 PM

@Skink.

I think Nicodemus already answered which monsters would be allowed, ones which are 'GW approved' (the ass cannon and hellcannon).  Aside from those two (which are more recognisable as war machines), this is not a monster/mount contest.

Just my unmodly opinion though.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 04-26-2012 03:58 PM

...Right!!! Just wondering Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Nicodemus - 04-26-2012 04:03 PM

Skink Wrote:
...Right!!! Just wondering Cheers!

It would have to look liek it's clearly not going to be mistaken for a monster type of unit (exception is the Hellcannon, which is a Monster, but clearly looks like a cannon). It would also need crew.

That being said, if you're confident it will still look like a warmachine, even if there's some creature features in there, then enter it.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 04-26-2012 05:01 PM

Uh, nuh!!! Being totally honest I'm sculpting a mechanical bull. There's no way I can pass that as a cannonBig Grin. It's time for me to think about a Magma Cannon I reckon! Thank you for your answers guyzCheers!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Nicodemus - 04-26-2012 05:53 PM

Skink Wrote:
Uh, nuh!!! Being totally honest I'm sculpting a mechanical bull. There's no way I can pass that as a cannonBig Grin. It's time for me to think about a Magma Cannon I reckon! Thank you for your answers guyzCheers!

Well thanks for being honest Skink, instead of bending the rules of the GH to the breaking point Wink   I'm always loathed to omit entries, but some times I just think, 'good gravy, there's going to be some complaints about this', LOL!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - GRNDL - 04-26-2012 11:30 PM

Nicodemus Wrote:
The goal here isn't to hinder creativity or to necessarily limit certain kinds of entries, per se,

Yay, more rules about imaginative bases. I'm not sure about this statement, but that pretty much ropes in a lot of creativity...

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Nicodemus - 04-27-2012 12:42 AM

GRNDL Wrote:

Nicodemus Wrote:
The goal here isn't to hinder creativity or to necessarily limit certain kinds of entries, per se,

Yay, more rules about imaginative bases. I'm not sure about this statement, but that pretty much ropes in a lot of creativity...

Your sarcasm notwithstanding, Yes yes... But I'm sure you're more than well aware of some of the absolute fiascos we've had in the past with bases that have 'dwarfed' the intended subject matter. Those have been decidedly less fun for all parties involved than a few rules. There's always going to be some rules around which we frame the contests.  I do hope you can still find some way to have fun with this one though!

By the way... you'll have your chance at elaborate bases, if I get my way. So hang in there Takes Hat off
~N

RE: Golden Hat #17 - devlanmud - 04-27-2012 03:01 AM

I had one in the pipe line but there is no way it would fit in the size guides. I'll come up with something else for this.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - clam - 04-27-2012 04:55 AM

Thought I'd understand what you were saying about basing - til you made that link to the GW hellcannon - and I was all confused again, so I'll ask then, would you say that these here are acceptable bases for GH 17:

(From GH 8)

Are they display bases or movement trays? I'd say movement bases as they are are in line with the GW Hellcannon, but ...?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Ravenswood - 04-27-2012 05:22 AM

I hope I will be quick enough to finish my Deathshrieker before end of may.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 04-27-2012 05:40 AM

Are you allowed a battery eg. Two bolthrowers?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Thommy H - 04-27-2012 06:10 AM

Must we have this thing with bases every GH? Entries go on gaming bases, not display bases, that's all it is.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 04-27-2012 06:28 AM

@thommy : yep it's always the same yet someone still always bends it and is still allowed to enter and usually ends up placing!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Thommy H - 04-27-2012 06:46 AM

Exactly. The rules are a little flexible so everyone should just chill out. It's just a fun painting contest.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Nicodemus - 04-27-2012 07:04 AM

Clam, your first two are prefect examples that I had looked at when I was thinking of the rules... and they are examples of going too far.  You can see why if you just look at what those warmachines look like.  The first one has way too many crew, but it is more base than warmachine.  Ditto with the second, but not as extreme.  You don't get to explain your entry when you submit it, so if the first entry was supposed to count as a Hellcannon so that it can be entered on a 100x150 base, it's not going to work. The size and scale suggests maybe an Earthshaker, and clearly the base is overkill for a contest that's supposed to be about painting a warmachine.  The third picture I'd probably allow because it's just shy of being too big or gawdy, but it's still a beyond what was intended for this GH.  

If any of you really can't figure it out, don't put it on a base!
~N

RE: Golden Hat #17 - clam - 04-27-2012 08:34 AM

Thommy H Wrote:
Must we have this thing with bases every GH? Entries go on gaming bases, not display bases, that's all it is.

Love you too, mate Wink

But I actually think it was quite justified here, as that new Hellcannon base looks quite like a "display base" to me - and as I don't play WFB 8th ed I don't actually have any ideas of what's legal, and what's not. Mr. Thommy H obviously didn't needed clarification, but I did - so thanks for clarifying, Nicodemus.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - GRNDL - 04-27-2012 08:38 AM

vulcanologist Wrote:
@thommy : yep it's always the same yet someone still always bends it and is still allowed to enter and usually ends up placing!

Actually, they are usually removed from the contest and the rules altered after models submitted, i.e: right in the middle of the contest.  Somebody "bends" the rules? I think in most cases the rules are stated and often questioned by entrants and given the go-ahead by the rule makers, so are "competition" legal. Its just the other entrants who don't agree - and they are usually biased. /peers at Vulcanologist.

Thommy H Wrote:

Exactly. The rules are a little flexible so everyone should just chill out. It's just a fun painting contest.

Except that they are gaming bases. Decorated gaming bases. A display base is usually large, plinth or dais like in appearance, with a title, or frame.  A gaming base and movement tray is of a standardized size for the model or unit.  Both gaming and display bases are usually allowed to provide context to the model on it, without being considered "for display purposes only."

You guys really love your double standard. "Its just a fun painting contest", unless someone submits a creative base design... Its a shame that peeps don't regard the models being entered with this attitude in mind, rather than using it as an anvil to get their own way. Let the votes decide what is too big or "gaudy".

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 04-27-2012 08:52 AM

@grndl : True true. Don't mean to sound hypocritical. I actually see no problem with all those earlier pics in this thread (unlike Nico and he's the mod!) what I sometimes don't understand are the entries that are often plainly way outside the competition remit. But hey at the end of the day this is meant to be a FUN contest and I'm all for creativity. To the best of my knowledge I've always voted for the winning entry! Didn't mean to come across as a winge I love Golden Hat and kudos to everyone who enters!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Eddandme - 04-27-2012 09:28 AM

clam Wrote:

Thommy H Wrote:

Love you too, mate Wink

But I actually think it was quite justified here, as that new Hellcannon base looks quite like a "display base" to me - and as I don't play WFB 8th ed I don't actually have any ideas of what's legal, and what's not. Mr. Thommy H obviously didn't needed clarification, but I did - so thanks for clarifying, Nicodemus.

I would say no bases at all unless the machine is supposed to represent a hellcannon but only then with the proper monster base (100mmx150mm)

RE: Golden Hat #17 - cornixt - 04-27-2012 01:46 PM

Just don't make the base overly large, it's that simple.

If you are unsure if yours is too big then it probably is.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Blue in VT - 04-27-2012 06:03 PM

cornixt Wrote:
Just don't make the base overly large, it's that simple.

If you are unsure if yours is too big then it probably is.

I think this is the best post so far....use your head...if you question...pare it backs little.

Blue

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Grimstonefire - 04-27-2012 06:13 PM

Am I the only one who finds it easy to judge the merits of a miniature and ignore the base?

Maybe not completely, but enough that it doesn't effect my favourites.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - khedyarl - 04-27-2012 07:13 PM

My only concern is that a maximum of three crewmembers makes the Ogre Slave on the Dreadquake inadmissable to this competition, which is unfortunate.  Is it possible, Nico, to change the ruling to be "If the miniature is a Forgeworld or Games Workshop miniature that comes stock with four crew, than it is permitted"?  Or something similar?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Da Crusha - 04-27-2012 08:43 PM

it kinda sucks that there is all of this debate over cool bases specifically for the hellcannon. that thing has a huge base now and if we decorate it so it won't be boring then we'll be penalized. other warmachines dont come with bases so its not as big of a deal, but the hell cannon specifically has to have a big base now.

on the other hand, I know the competition is about making a warmachine and not about making cool decorations.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bolg - 04-27-2012 08:52 PM

khedyarl Wrote:
My only concern is that a maximum of three crewmembers makes the Ogre Slave on the Dreadquake inadmissable to this competition, which is unfortunate.  Is it possible, Nico, to change the ruling to be "If the miniature is a Forgeworld or Games Workshop miniature that comes stock with four crew, than it is permitted"?  Or something similar?

You can just leave out one of the other crew members from the pic and include the ogre.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - zobo1942 - 04-27-2012 09:01 PM

This may be a silly question, but if we use ThommyH's rulebook as our Chaos Dwarf 'canon' (hahaha), would the 'Warmachines' be anything listed under 'Doom Harness', 'Doom Cannon' and 'Infernal Engines'?

Just curious....

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Lord Aldades - 04-28-2012 01:19 AM

Hmmm, where did I put my Swivel Guns :-D

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Nicodemus - 04-28-2012 02:39 AM

Bolg Wrote:

khedyarl Wrote:

You can just leave out one of the other crew members from the pic and include the ogre.

Exactly.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Kera foehunter - 04-28-2012 05:23 AM

Hummmmmmmmmm    War machine

RE: Golden Hat #17 - clam - 04-28-2012 05:49 AM

Da Crusha Wrote:
it kinda sucks that there is all of this debate over cool bases specifically for the hellcannon. that thing has a huge base now and if we decorate it so it won't be boring then we'll be penalized. other warmachines dont come with bases so its not as big of a deal, but the hell cannon specifically has to have a big base now.

on the other hand, I know the competition is about making a warmachine and not about making cool decorations.

You are so right - and you got to ask yourself one question - does it actually makes any difference? Why is it the organizer seems so strict on these matter's every single time? If it's clear from the start, what can it possible harm, that a guy/girl want to spend time on a base as well? We all know that what a great base can do to the overall apperance of a miniature, so how can that be such a bad thing?
Will an average diorama base give you any advantages compared to a non-based awesome painted War machine? Is scenery/terrain that more easy doing - that you could just slap paint on a war machine and hide it with a cool base?, and then do "better" than a great painted cannon? Hey, would you guys please give us some credit, here. I'm quite sure that the entry with the best overall appeal will get most votes - and win (if that matters to you). And think it's in our best interest that the cools entry win's and not the most accurate/game legal one.

I find base restrictions okay when theme is themed around a specific entry in a particular army list - like the K'daai one we just had. This one - however - was meant as an open category with an open wider theme - that does't call for these kind of regulations - and I think it's put boundaries on the artistic freedom, where it's not needed. In my eye the only one that benefit's from these restrictions are the hard core 8th ed gamers, that can pick the right base size.

And yes, GH is about having fun, but will once again ask if we could please keep it simple. This could have been so easy: "Chaos Dwarf themed War Machine, 1-3 crews, max size/base 100x150mm." - but sadly "no". Once again we can fear quality control, banned entries, questionable votings - you name it. Almost killing all the fun before we  even get started Sad

RE: Golden Hat #17 - cornixt - 04-28-2012 10:29 AM

What I am hearing here is "I like to have larger scenic bases and the rules don't allow it" or "I have a small model and want to make it seem more impressive with a big base".

We want this to be about the models, not a scene with a war machine in it. The category is wide as it is, you've got rockets, cannon, flame throwers all in it. If you can't fulfill a simple base requirement then you have much bigger problems.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Zanko - 04-28-2012 10:36 AM

My entry (so nothing extraordinary happens) will be a scratched build one with an ordinary base (of unknown size yet)! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Ghrask Dragh - 04-28-2012 10:47 AM

Do Golems count? and if so whats the correct base size?

You know, for the miniature I will plan forever and a day then not enter and keep my record of being one of the longest standing members never to have entered a Golden Hat competition (Damn my poor time managment!!!!)

Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Hashut's Blessing - 04-28-2012 04:59 PM

The rules are simple - the inability to accept those rules is what is taking the fun out of the competition. It's not a new requirement and is fully expected. We're not saying "Make the base as bland as possible", just that it shouldn't overwhelm the miniature being judged. It is an aid to the model - think of a 20mm based character: a textured paint with drybrush, a couple of rocks and a tuft and turf would be fine without detracting and the same principle is due here, just with larger numbers of tuft/turfs/stones or whatever you choose...

End of the day, we produce the competition, place rules to create a level playing field, all competitions (not just ours) have boundaries, it's not a difficult one to stick to and it's not one that's appeared suddenly. I've had a long day and apologise if I seem a bit short of temper, but it's tiring seeing the same complaints come up every time when it's nothing to complain about Sad

Ghrask: I'd say probably not, but I'll wait for another staffer to comment. They're not warmachines as such and don't use crew is my thinking is all.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Ghrask Dragh - 04-28-2012 05:05 PM

Thanks HB, I can now not enter anything with confidence Happy

Look forward to this one though, the new forgeworld stuff is going to make this one great

Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Hashut's Blessing - 04-28-2012 05:08 PM

As I said - long day and at a guess. If it's a mech-golem and has a handler it is a machine of war, so it depends on the style as well, I guess! Best to get another staffer to comment though Wink

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Grimstonefire - 04-28-2012 05:18 PM

Most fanlists these days have a Troop Type listed don't they?

I can't imagine there should be problems figuring out if something is a warmachine or monster (mount) based on a specific list.

Not that I care much about how others base their warmachines, but purely as a point of conversation, the Golden Daemon rules for the vehicle category:

Quote:
Although most of these models tend not to be supplied with a base, it is quite acceptable for you to mount the vehicle on a modest base (no more than 20mm larger than the vehicle itself).

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Thommy H - 04-28-2012 05:38 PM

Unit Type isn't a useful rule of thumb when one of the signature Chaos Dwarf "war machines" is actually a Monster.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Grimstonefire - 04-28-2012 05:56 PM

To be honest Imo this should purely be for units that are described in their unit type as warmachines.  Takes out the hellcannon, ass cannon and any sort of monster people want to create.

Put everything on a base no larger than 20mm bigger than the machine on all 4 sides as per the GD rules for vehicles.  Perhaps allow 50mm on one side for crew.    

Obviously with some abstract ruling for people doing flying war machines or those that would be unbalanced any other way etc.

Anything else, if people don't like it, paint it up anyway and put in in your blogs!  Simples.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Thommy H - 04-28-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:
Takes out the hellcannon, ass cannon and any sort of monster people want to create.

Why is that a good thing?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Blue in VT - 04-28-2012 06:36 PM

Wow... Relax all it's just a painting contest...and with this level of vitriol it's one I'm not sure I'm interested in being a part of.  There is obviously some history here that I'm not aware of...and frankly don't care about.  It's time to set aside ego and pick up paint brushes.

Can't we all just get along?

Cheers! have a beer and chill.

Blue

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Grimstonefire - 04-28-2012 07:01 PM

Why is it a bad thing???

If people want to start a contest for monsters right now they can??  Feel free.

I never understood that really.

Staff decided this is for warmachines.  Not monsters.  End of as far as I am concerned.

The hellcannon is just an annoying technicality.  We had this problem last time actually, with things that should just have been monsters.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Thommy H - 04-28-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:
The hellcannon is just an annoying technicality.

Or it's something that makes the unit interesting. And the staff haven't decided it's for "war machines" in the sense of the Unit Type "War Machine", hence why it's been clarified that the Hellcannon and Ass Cannon are allowed. Which is the whole reason I pointed out that citing the Unit Type in the case of units in fanlists is not a helpful distinction. Creating a hypothetical situation where this contest is using that as a prerequisite for entering a unit is really neither here nor there. There are some monsters that can be entered already.

Look, we all know what's a display base and what's a gaming base. The strict, completely arbitrary rules are there so that people can't claim ignorance if it comes down to it. Most of us are also fairly good judges of what the term "war machine" might conceivably mean, even when we're dealing with an army that has a steam locomotive that's Unique and a daemon-cannon that's a Monster. It's not hugely complicated, really.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bolg - 04-28-2012 08:35 PM

Blue in VT Wrote:
Wow... Relax all it's just a painting contest...and with this level of vitriol it's one I'm not sure I'm interested in being a part of.  There is obviously some history here that I'm not aware of...and frankly don't care about.  It's time to set aside ego and pick up paint brushes.

Can't we all just get along?

Cheers! have a beer and chill.

Blue

I'll drink to that (:

Santé/Proost/Skål

RE: Golden Hat #17 - DAGabriel - 04-29-2012 03:56 AM

Oh hell, I started with my hellcannon, will put it on a base I like and if someone thinks the base is over the top I will take it out of the competition.
After all, it is about getting the models done and in a fashion I would like to play with them. Can`t see that a tuft of grass makes a 20mm base a "scenic" base, and if I plant a small tree or a big rock on a 100*100 base i think it is the same.
BTW, a really good scenic 100*100 base and a warmachine would need real speedpainting to finish in the deadline.
I trust that the jury will find a good way to keep the competition fair and enjoyable for all who want to have fun here.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - theforgefather - 04-29-2012 04:25 AM

Well, at least we know what it is meant to look like this time...

unlike the k'daai! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #17 - JMR - 04-29-2012 06:17 AM

Wow, I'm surprised at the heat that this GH seems to generate.

I'll go and paint up a machine that my dawi zharr bring along to war and see where we end up Happy

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Xander - 04-30-2012 09:25 AM

Woo! A redux of my favourite Golden Hat (and the only one in which I have won a medal).

I should start planning something. Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Nicodemus - 04-30-2012 03:22 PM

Here's some quick background on what some of you seem to have perceived as my arbitrary rules -

Firstly, the fact that the current Hellcannon has a recommended base size is the only reason any base was considered at all for this GH, otherwise there would have been no basing allowed.

Secondly, the contest is to paint a warmachine and its crew.  

With that being said, here's what we're going to do:

1) Competition Rules:
The new basing rules are:
Basing is optional.  Maximum base size of 200x200mm, with no other restrictions. Display bases can be used, as well as plinths, dioramas, etc.

The category will stay as Warmachines, with Hellcannons and Siege(Ass) Cannons as the only exceptions/extensions to the warmachine type.

2) I will be returning to maintenance duities and will no longer be volunteering my time and effort toward these community service oriented tasks; which includes initiating behind-the-scenes polls of the staff, admins and immortals on Golden Hat and Artisan's Contest subject matter. Nor will I be compiling entries for judging, or tallying votes. In summary, I am removing myself from involvement in organizing any of the Golden Hat or Artisan's Contests for the forseeable future - although CDO members claim the contest rules are not fun, it's decidedly less fun to organize and run these things. I'll refraim from quitting indefinitely, but I'm certainly not going to be involved for a while.

I hope this doesn't leave any further bad taste in anyone's mouth. I'd really much rather carry on and see everyone focus on making great models and spend their time on doing a fantastic paint job, rather than be on here getting worked up over a silly contest to paint a toy, for no greater reward than a virtual medal that's only 32x32 pixels.  I sincerely hope those of you who felt the basing issue was so important for your entry and creativity in this contest that you will come up with something truly amazing.

All the best,
~N

RE: Golden Hat #17 - DAGabriel - 04-30-2012 03:59 PM

Hmm, feared that such a thing might happen and am truly sorry that my fear wasn`t wrong.
Can understand that decision, Nicodemus, and regret that the reactions/posts here forced you to draw such consequences.

Can only quote HB here: The rules are simple - the inability to accept those rules is what is taking the fun out of the competition.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Grimstonefire - 04-30-2012 04:04 PM

To avoid an unnecessary waste of time typing, there is some history of this sort of thing that I am all too aware of here on CDO I'm sad to say.

I was not surprised, but disappointed as ever.  Some people never learn (the same few people over and over). Mad

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Zanko - 04-30-2012 04:41 PM

Sad to hear that Nico! Sad

Imo you make a great job! Takes Hat off

I don't understand all this grumbings - I just want to have fun, there are enough sorrows and anger in the real world!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - zobo1942 - 04-30-2012 04:45 PM

I'm with Zanko.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - warh - 04-30-2012 05:13 PM

Sent my pictures in!
Feels weird to be done so early Unsure

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Nicodemus - 04-30-2012 06:57 PM

warh Wrote:
Sent my pictures in!

Shock

Holy speedy!! We bow down to you, great forge master!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - warh - 04-30-2012 07:01 PM

Nicodemus Wrote:

warh Wrote:
Sent my pictures in!

Shock

Holy speedy!! We bow down to you, great forge master!

Actually I've been working on it for a couple of months and just happened to suit this GH.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - GRNDL - 05-01-2012 12:02 AM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
I was not surprised, but disappointed as ever.  Some people never learn (the same few people over and over). Mad

Least of all you, eh Grim?

I find it ironic that peeps are calling out some people as miscreants for having an opinion and being prosecuted on behalf of others who whined about the rules. Yes folks, it was entrants who whined about "display" bases, even though there were NO rules against them and then the mods changed the rules after entries were submitted, resulting in disqualifications even though the rules never forbade them in the first place and in some cases, were even questioned and given the go-ahead after a judges ruling. And yet somehow we're the ones with ego... Wow..

I'd rather not see Nico fall on his sword, especially since I don't really see anything to get miffed at, but at least he is taking responsibility for the decision, either way, whichever way. I think that should be applauded. It might even set a precedent.

For those shaking their heads because they clearly "don't get what the deal is" - you be thankful this rules "uproar" happens BEFORE you spend 6 weeks on the thing that was solely meant to be a GH entry, but is found to have broken a subjective rule, possibly at the urging of one of your fellow forum members, who will go on to think of YOU as the egotist.

re: bragging rights and a 32x32 icon.

Clearly, GH *MEANS* something. Might not to you, but it definitely means something. It is a token of skill and creativity. It is respect on this forum. Sure, those who have won, some several times, make light of it sometimes, but it is still the focus of the pre-eminent activity of this community. Quite frankly, if you don't care about it, great - I'm happy for you - but don't try to take that away from those that do.

I wish the best of luck to those that enter.  Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Abecedar - 05-01-2012 02:39 AM

I think I will still enter but just have a bad taste right now. Am really over all this type of bickering about rules, spoils what little fun I have.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 05-01-2012 02:56 AM

Uh, considering that all these problems started because of the gold GH medal sitting at the left of this post maybe I shoul just shut up but I'm with Nico. This is all about having fun painting beautiful minis guyz. Let's not stoop to a completely different level.

Also, I'd like to ask Nico to reconsider his decision. As you all now we are a bit low on staff right now and he is making a wonderful job organizing these competitions.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - clam - 05-01-2012 07:30 AM

@Skink,
No, this didn’t start with your entry, so don’t blame yourself and your well-deserved medal. You awesome entry was found questionable, but also allowed. No this is probably more about does entries that was banned and re-drawn you didn’t see (or only saw a glimpse of).

Nicodemus Wrote:
2) I will be returning to maintenance duities and will no longer be volunteering my time and effort toward these community service oriented tasks; which includes initiating behind-the-scenes polls of the staff, admins and immortals on Golden Hat and Artisan's Contest subject matter. Nor will I be compiling entries for judging, or tallying votes. In summary, I am removing myself from involvement in organizing any of the Golden Hat or Artisan's Contests for the forseeable future - although CDO members claim the contest rules are not fun, it's decidedly less fun to organize and run these things. I'll refraim from quitting indefinitely, but I'm certainly not going to be involved for a while.

Well, I have already said what I needed to say. But I am glad, to see you’ll loose up on the restrictions and allow members/participants room for innovation and artistic freedom. Whether you believe it or not we are actually on the same side here. Think everyone here wants GH to look the best – and from my point of view it’s done the best  if you leave it to the awesome hobbyists to interpret the given theme, and stop regulating them more than absolutely needed.
And of course, I’m sorry about your decision. I have nothing bad to say about you or your work. You took over a job with an already given format - and did it quite well, actually.

Grimstonefire Wrote:
To avoid an unnecessary waste of time typing, there is some history of this sort of thing that I am all too aware of here on CDO I'm sad to say.

My conscience is clean, but how is yours? Can’t possibly come as a surprise that I mainly blame you for all of this. It all started the day you suddenly found it necessary to put sensor on certain entries and on voting - and here after felt an urgent need to regulate GH in a way that mainly fit your gaming/modelling, remember? And we still have to work under these unnecessary restrictions.  So look inwards, “mate”  - before throwing around all your cruel comments and flaming attacks, please – as you are as much to blame for this “discussion”, as I am.

And, I might be a 2nd rank member to your eye, but I feel I have as much a right to be heard as you have, even if I don’t praise the current Warhammer edition that high. CDO is as much for fantasy gamers (all systems), modelers, collectors, painters as it is for The Tamurkhan fanatics. So can I please ask you to respect my right to disagree with you (and organizers) in these matters, please. Oh, and do you know what? Rule changes when people start arguing against them, a rather democratic mechanism, IMO. So I think I actually "learned" my lesson.

Nicodemus Wrote:
I hope this doesn't leave any further bad taste in anyone's mouth. I'd really much rather carry on and see everyone focus on making great models and spend their time on doing a fantastic paint job, rather than be on here getting worked up over a silly contest to paint a toy, for no greater reward than a virtual medal that's only 32x32 pixels.  I sincerely hope those of you who felt the basing issue was so important for your entry and creativity in this contest that you will come up with something truly amazing.
All the best,
~N

There are actually no winners here – and the supercilious attitude and arrogance from senior members here has certainly cooled my interest for participating in any future GH competitions – and killed my fun. So, I will - yet again, and just like you - evaluate my presence here and involvement in CDO. I haven’t felt this shit and more low-life since my first visit at my in-laws. So "no", don’t expect my involvement in this any more, it’s not worth it – cause like you just said it’s just about some silly toy. A toy, dear to me, but still a toy.  

I though we were all serving a greater mutual purpose here exposing our beloved dying race – but I’m obviously mistaken! This seems to be about power and the right to oppress other peoples hobby.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 05-01-2012 07:54 AM

Guys, are you serious?
1) the basing issue has been solved
2) all members are ready to grace us with yet another bunch of superb conversion/paint jobs
3) all of us is contributing to make this community great, members, staffers and ex staffers alike so please, stop snapping at each other!!!

Now, can we just all be happy that there's a new online competition ahead? I am. And I am going to participate THIS TIME respecting rules as they are written. And I would like to see amazing hobbyists such as Clam and Nico to post their entries. This time I want and I hope to see more than 30 entries!!!Happy

RE: Golden Hat #17 - nilbog - 05-01-2012 08:03 AM

Can I submit my entry by email?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - cornixt - 05-01-2012 08:28 AM

This is just plain bizarre. I am seriously dumbfounded by these reactions. If there are no further issues then I guess this is resolved. I'll just leave it at that.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Xander - 05-01-2012 08:43 AM

nilbog Wrote:
Can I submit my entry by email?

This is a sure fire way to get overlooked or missed when the entries are being collected. Please PM them to the Golden Hat member in the usual way.

Cheers! Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - khedyarl - 05-01-2012 02:42 PM

Its like mommy hit daddy at the dinner table, and everyone's still trying to eat.  Tongue

Thanks for the Dreadquake clear-up, Nico, I actually just realized that you answered my PM before (which is why I posted here instead).  For some reason, it didn't give me the popup that it normally does.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Grimstonefire - 05-01-2012 03:34 PM

@GRNDL and Clam

Whatever.  Read about a third of each of your posts I'm afraid.

No interest and beyond caring about what you two think.

I care enough about this community to leave this discussion here.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - GRNDL - 05-01-2012 03:53 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
@GRNDL and Clam
Whatever.  Read about a third of each of your posts I'm afraid.
No interest and beyond caring about what you two think.

Classy.

Well, in my post, only the first line was for you.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Willmark - 05-01-2012 04:23 PM

Ok guys how about we cool the jets and everyone goes to neutral corners.

The rules have been ammended and we  aren't shackling anyone anymore. How about we get down to business and create some cool models.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 05-01-2012 04:32 PM

Well said boss! This last month hasn't exactly covered CDO in glory has it?! Let's all just try and get back to having some fun!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Hashut's Blessing - 05-01-2012 05:18 PM

Before we continue with the theme, regardless of others' comments since my last post in this thread, I want to apologise. I may have mentioned it, but had had a long and not brilliant day and I feel I may have misdirected negative enegies at the wrong people (I.E. members of CDO). On top of that, there is no such thing as a senior member on CDO in terms of status (- excluding the rulings given by staff to run the website/forums/competitions more smoothly, obviously) - the ranks system just determines how many posts have been made, not how much weight someone's statements carry: sometimes we all forget that (I try not to and believe I'm successful, but a different matter for a different time).

Regarding Nico's involvement in running the contests: he is the messenger and organiser, but rules are reached by consensus - that said, please don't blame Nico for rulings (you like/dislike) because they're not JUST his (sometimes the opposite of his!). That being said, all credit to him for the hard work he's been doing. I won't be able to take over with the collating entrants/votes, but I can take over for future contest notices and organisation (I don't have the software/skills to do more than that), but have stepped back from them because people found it difficult to see the purpose of AC (run by me to start with and my suggestion).

All that said, let's try to forget the problems as they should be resolved in a ay that is amicable if the heated comments are forgotten. On my part - I doubt I'll get mine in because of a tournament in 2 weekends' time using my Undead Dwarfs and changing jobs, but I'll try to get mine done as I recently picked one up!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Ghrask Dragh - 05-01-2012 05:20 PM

Wait a minute...

Unsure

Somethings not right....

A disagreement, turned to heated debate, cross words are said and it's gone a little too far...

But...

ThommyH isn't involved Shock Ok wtf is going on!?!?!!

HappyHappyHappy

RE: Golden Hat #17 - warh - 05-01-2012 05:27 PM

Ghrask Dragh Wrote:

But...

Don't worry, he'll soon be here.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Willmark - 05-01-2012 05:42 PM

vulcanologist Wrote:
Well said boss! This last month hasn't exactly covered CDO in glory has it?! Let's all just try and get back to having some fun!

You don't even know the half of it! Sick

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Admiral - 05-01-2012 05:46 PM

I'm not going to bother asking what all the fuss is about.

Whilst I have a metal Hellcannon, I probably won't be able to enter. Time will tell. Nevertheless, this Golden Hat contest will probably be a great one, since the Chaos Dwarfs have had quite a number of warmachines from early days and onward. Couple this with people's creativity with kit-bashing around here, and us onlookers are up for a treat.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Thommy H - 05-01-2012 06:03 PM

warh Wrote:

Ghrask Dragh Wrote:

But...

I was telling everyone to chill out!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Willmark - 05-01-2012 06:13 PM

Thommy H Wrote:

warh Wrote:

Ghrask Dragh Wrote:

But...

I was telling everyone to chill out!

Indeed I thought the Mayan calendar prophecy had come early.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 05-02-2012 07:07 AM

Well my warmachine is nearly built! Just got to decide on crew composition. And then...(gulp!!!)... How to base it!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Xander - 05-02-2012 11:37 PM

The staff and I have talked things over and decided to encourage creativity in this Golden Hat! We've removed some of the restrictions.

update Wrote:
EDIT: Restrictions on basing have been lifted. Any kind of base will be permitted. Additionally, while a war machine typically will have crew, this is not a requirement any longer (nor is there a limitation on the maximum number of crew). Ogre slaves and other beasts used in the service of the Machine of War are permitted, and this can include monsters of any size or description. The war machine itself ought to be the focus , however. We want to see the coolest Chaos Dwarf war machines ever constructed in the depths of Zharr Naggrund!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Xander - 05-03-2012 08:46 AM

Herby Wrote:
Greetings!

What about the deadline? Please clear that up. There are two dates mentioned:

"The due Date: 11:59 PM June 30th, 2012 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)"

"send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM May 31st, 2012 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)."

June 30th is the new due date. Happy

Fixed on the first post.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Willmark - 05-04-2012 03:44 PM

Please make sure you double check your links folks. In one case we were sent links to minis that were not chaos dwarfs

WM

RE: Golden Hat #17 - G.2 - 05-04-2012 07:46 PM

I have a question about the "your own creation" warmachine.

Nicodemus Wrote:
...or perhaps something of your own creation!  Please keep in mind, if this is a Warmachine of your own creation, it should still be recognizable as a warmachine, not a K'daai Destroyer or something else.

Can this be something that is not part of any rule-set. I was thinkin along the lines of a war-ballon, a submarine, a steam mech, a chaos steam tank, a zepplin/blimp, a tunnelling machine. Something that is quite obvious a machine and not a demon, but doesn't really have any Warhammer rules, so it can really be put it on the wargames table, except if it is "counts-as".

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Willmark - 05-04-2012 07:50 PM

Based on what the rules are, as long as its recognizable as a warmachine you are all set.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 05-05-2012 12:03 AM

...I've been working days on this thing. Sculpting is taking more than expected. At least I'm going to have a new piece for my armyHappy

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Xander - 05-06-2012 11:20 AM

Skink Wrote:
...I've been working days on this thing. Sculpting is taking more than expected. At least I'm going to have a new piece for my armyHappy

Sounds awesome! You have plenty of time, in any case.

I need to form a solid idea. I have a lot of half-ideas floating around in my head.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 05-06-2012 11:41 AM

Xander Wrote:

Skink Wrote:

Sounds awesome! You have plenty of time, in any case.

I need to form a solid idea. I have a lot of half-ideas floating around in my head.

...Tell me about it. Lately I've been delving a little bit too much into bovine anatomy, volcanoes, lava and water guns (for magma cannon if you're asking). Fortunately I'm going to work now, just to distract a little bit myself from my hobby.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 05-06-2012 01:08 PM

I Can't remember but can you include a WIP pic as one of your 4 pics if you wish?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 05-06-2012 01:48 PM

Oh Yeah! Snotling always did it in his entries!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Abecedar - 05-24-2012 01:23 AM

Well, my entry is in. Now comes the hard bit... Waiting.

See's willmarks post No 110 .............aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh !!!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Obsidian - 05-24-2012 03:31 AM

Wish I could enter too but alas time will not be available unfortunatly. Sad

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Willmark - 05-25-2012 09:19 AM

Reminder folks one month out till deadline (I.e. it's June 30th).

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Snotling - 05-29-2012 09:34 AM

June 30th... that's still a lot of time left! I hope I'm not to optimistic when I say "count me in!" Happy. Time to finally paint my rocket launcher. This thing lies i a box for years now and I never finished it. Nothing really spectacular but worth to be finished.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 05-29-2012 11:07 AM

WooHoo! Finished my entry! Just got to take some photos and I'm all done! Quite pleased with this one actually...but then again I say that everytime and I never place anywhere!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Snotling - 05-30-2012 07:58 AM

vulcanologist Wrote:
...but then again I say that everytime and I never place anywhere!

Who cares? You have another warmachine, a custom made chaos dwarf awesomeness warmachine, which none of the quadrillion mindless I-buy-only-the-crap-GW-releases-Warhammer-gamers will ever have. SO be happy with it, it is a unique artifact...
BE HAPPY I SAID! Mad

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 05-30-2012 08:06 AM

@Snotling: I will obey! You are of course absolutely right! I've used this Golden Hat to fill a gap in my army so I'm very happy. It probably won't compare to the awesome competition entries but it's something I've been wanting to build for a while and GH has given me the impetus to do it!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Zanko - 06-10-2012 04:01 PM

Finished the model today - pics are made and send! Cheers!

Now I'm curious to see (hopefully) many other entries!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Swissdictator - 06-19-2012 12:59 PM

I'll be submitting my pictures tonight. One of my post surgery projects. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #17 - cornixt - 06-19-2012 01:55 PM

I forgot about this. Been playing Munchkin too much. Must crack on with mine.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bolg - 06-19-2012 02:06 PM

My sculpt is finished... now to get some paint on it...

RE: Golden Hat #17 - theforgefather - 06-19-2012 02:40 PM

I got mine in ages ago... Wink

RE: Golden Hat #17 - tjub - 06-19-2012 04:25 PM

Working on it... err....

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 06-19-2012 07:17 PM

Jeez I'm trying to finish this bloody entry! The thing itself is not done, there's no base and the crew is just primed! I'm not gonna make it!!!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - tjub - 06-20-2012 12:01 AM

Skink Wrote:
Jeez I'm trying to finish this bloody entry! The thing itself is not done, there's no base and the crew is just primed! I'm not gonna make it!!!

I have no crew nor base, if I can make it you can... Back to work now!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 06-20-2012 12:10 AM

Yes sir!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - sirrah - 06-20-2012 02:30 AM

Skink Wrote:

Eek. Me too. I've just got done with spending my every waking hour on uni, and now it seems I'm going to have to spend my every waking hour on this beastly thing. Fully expecting to cop out on the crew and just sit my entry next to some Bloodbowl CD's.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 06-24-2012 02:09 AM

The thing is done and based!!! Only the crew is missing. And guess what? I'll be doing the morning/afternoon shift for the rest of the month! Not much sunlight for me. Goddamit!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - tjub - 06-26-2012 12:23 PM

...and the photos are in, phew!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bolg - 06-26-2012 01:02 PM

Sculpting took to long..... and I have so much work at the moment. (witch is good as I make some money again but the crisis is great for painting entire armies and huge projects.)
But still 4 days left so who knows, I'm sure going to try (:

RE: Golden Hat #17 - bas_2312 - 06-26-2012 01:04 PM

Just varnished my entry, and when I wanted to put on a coat of matt varnish it ran out... So I'll have to go to the store tomorrow to finish it...

RE: Golden Hat #17 - ryanamandaanna - 06-26-2012 02:22 PM

I'm making a mad rush to finish mine.  Painting for about 4 hours a night at this rate...

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 06-26-2012 03:20 PM

I give up. I rushed the crew and it really came out crappy. There's no time to repaint 3 models. I'm in. "Half" way in but still in.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bolg - 06-27-2012 04:53 AM

Ha, this morning I finished 2 deadlines after a allnighter... And then I wasnt really really tired so I started on my entry, now its about 85% done. I think I'll go to bed now as I need to be somewhere in 4 hours.

Few more hours tomorrow or tonight and i'll be making those pictures.

Best thing is; I'm really happy with me collour scheme i thought up (:

[edit]
yeah, finished!!
I'll make the pics tomorrow/later today after some sleep (:
[/edit]

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bassman - 06-28-2012 06:02 AM

Skink Wrote:
I give up. I rushed the crew and it really came out crappy. There's no time to repaint 3 models. I'm in. "Half" way in but still in.

Give up? What does it mean? I can't find this word in a Dwarf's tongue language!!! Come on Big Grin

Put an heavy metal playlist on and grab some beer and go back to work! Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 06-28-2012 06:22 AM

Bassman Wrote:

Skink Wrote:

Give up? What does it mean? I can't find this word in a Dwarf's tongue language!!! Come on Big Grin

I found a solution. I'll be in. Besides, I'm in the Middle East at the moment and here alcohol is illegal. Reason for which it's possible for me to listen Heavy Metal but not to drink a beer... Even though (*cough*) here you can find "everything" if ya know what I mean Wink

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Da Crusha - 06-28-2012 07:30 AM

well, my model is built but not painted. still gonna try to paint it up in the morning though.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bolg - 06-28-2012 09:43 AM

And the pics are in!
(now to get back to work)

RE: Golden Hat #17 - DAGabriel - 06-28-2012 03:44 PM

Still have to finish the base, hope I will manage it tomorrow..

RE: Golden Hat #17 - theforgefather - 06-28-2012 04:21 PM

HA HA!!

I managed my time and got it in like 2 weeks ago!!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - DAGabriel - 06-28-2012 05:17 PM

Have still to do:
wash and accentuate the grass tufts
take pics
lean back with a beer and a smoke

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Vaftrudnir - 06-28-2012 05:29 PM

I sent pics yesterday but got no confirmation PM?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Vaftrudnir - 06-29-2012 05:36 AM

Ok good to know Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bolg - 06-29-2012 06:46 AM

I think this one is going to be one awesome collection of entries, really looking forward to the pics.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bassman - 06-29-2012 06:53 AM

Skink Wrote:

Bassman Wrote:

Skink Wrote:

I found a solution. I'll be in. Besides, I'm in the Middle East at the moment and here alcohol is illegal. Reason for which it's possible for me to listen Heavy Metal but not to drink a beer... Even though (*cough*) here you can find "everything" if ya know what I mean Wink

ahahah, I know the situation.

Good to know you're back to work! Longing to see your beautiful entry!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - bas_2312 - 06-29-2012 07:53 AM

Just send in my pictures Happy

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 06-29-2012 03:10 PM

My entries in...hooray!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - cornixt - 06-29-2012 04:11 PM

Looks like I won't be finished in time.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Abecedar - 06-30-2012 02:57 AM

cornixt Wrote:
Looks like I won't be finished in time.

You's is doing too much forum's and not enough work.    Hang on that's my problem.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 06-30-2012 03:35 AM

...And the pics are in. *Phew* I'm happy I made it!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Dezmord - 06-30-2012 09:47 AM

I completely forgot the competetion until monday morning... I had to hurry up, but my entry was sent a few minutes ago!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - DAGabriel - 06-30-2012 10:10 AM

Mine is in, too!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 06-30-2012 12:46 PM

Man, I'm really looking forward for this!!!!

I have the feeling that A LOT of people entered the competition this time, and I can't wait to see the gorgeous entries that everyone has created!!!Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #17 - ryanamandaanna - 06-30-2012 08:41 PM

Whew!  Just sent mine in...

RE: Golden Hat #17 - brotsorrow - 06-30-2012 11:39 PM

im saddened that i let work get in the way of finishing my entry Sad  Good luck to everyone that entered. I cannot wait to see the pics

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Engra1980 - 07-01-2012 03:37 AM

Yesterday i entered mine too...

RE: Golden Hat #17 - DAGabriel - 07-01-2012 07:41 AM

And now we wait
Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 07-01-2012 12:10 PM

Ooh exciting! Bring them on!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Zanko - 07-02-2012 04:10 PM

My pm (the one with the pics) wasn't read yet!

So I'm afraid that the voting thread will not appear soon! Sad

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 07-02-2012 04:18 PM

Patience my friend! It's all about patience!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - ryanamandaanna - 07-02-2012 04:26 PM

I just noticed something similar; I posted on Saturday afternoon, but it doesn't show up in my sent items folder...

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Da Crusha - 07-02-2012 05:27 PM

ugh, I thought the due date was sunday and didnt get it in on time. oh well, good luck everyone.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Swissdictator - 07-03-2012 04:05 PM

Bah! Got caught up in things and been distracted (pain and pain meds) that I forgot to submit...

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 07-04-2012 02:03 PM

...I don't want to sound pushy but... Any news about the voting thread? How many entries we raised this time?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - theforgefather - 07-04-2012 03:29 PM

Yeah, at's been 4/5 days now since it closed.

Voting should be soon I would imagine.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - cornixt - 07-04-2012 06:58 PM

The staff all have various issues going on at the moment, bear with us!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 07-04-2012 07:50 PM

cornixt Wrote:
The staff all have various issues going on at the moment, bear with us!

Aye. Never felt betrayed by our valiant staff!!!Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Abecedar - 07-05-2012 06:06 AM

OK dudes and others, cross your legs and hold your breath until they get to it.  Pleeeeease don't stress them any more than they are.  I've been waiting over a month for the vote.  Mind you I thought the deadline was in june.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Tarrakk Blackhand - 07-05-2012 01:44 PM

Good luck to everyone!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bassman - 07-06-2012 07:10 AM

I have to stop watching the website every 30 minutes.......

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Da Crusha - 07-06-2012 07:19 AM

Bassman Wrote:

you too huh? yeah, Ive cut back to checking for an hour and then coming back every couple of hours. Sorcerer

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 07-06-2012 07:28 AM

Bassman Wrote:

Welcome to the club dude. We have membership cards. Besides, don't forget that now in America is early morning (and as far as I know our staff is American right?) .

RE: Golden Hat #17 - DAGabriel - 07-06-2012 09:08 AM

He guys, take some minis and paint them. Have a look here after every painted unit. That reduces the lead pile!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 07-06-2012 09:19 AM

Good tip!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bolg - 07-06-2012 10:06 AM

Bassman Wrote:

Has it been half an hour again already... d:

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Zanko - 07-06-2012 11:53 AM

The e-mail with my pics is still unopened!

So I'm afraid it will last some days till the voting thread will be opened! Sad

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Hashut's Blessing - 07-06-2012 02:33 PM

Unfortunately, as has been said there's a lot going on with us all at the moment. Believe it or not, I'm here the most often right now, but not able to do anything really because my fiancee split up with, I've moved house, am trying to move house again, have twice had the type of house to look for changed by sommebody else and am looking at potentially having to change cities just to keep some form of sanity. We appreciate you're all very eager, but we politely request your immense patience to hold on a little longer, please.

As DAGabriel has said, it could be good to only check the thread once you have completed a unit or character/monster (/other long-term piece). Then, maybe everyone could post their pics in a new thread to show their completed stuff?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Zanko - 07-06-2012 02:51 PM

Hey HB there was no grumbling from my side - honestly! Takes Hat off

I'm just eager to see the stuff the guys made!

We all have a life beside CDO and (mostly) it's much more important and often disgusting! Sad

I think the others will agree - the only aspect is that you (the stuff) had pampered us in the past and so we might be a little bit demanding! Big Grin

So finish the real life business and than came back to CDO with time and pleasure! Cheers!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Skink - 07-06-2012 03:04 PM

...What Zanko said! As I already stated in a previous post I wasn't by any means trying to sound pushy!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - brotsorrow - 07-06-2012 03:38 PM

Hey HB I am sorry to hear about your run of bad events.... take your time as i am sure we all understand the precedence of real life over our hobby!!!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - DAGabriel - 07-06-2012 03:55 PM

I will start the "We wait for the Golden Hat and paint in the meantime"-Thread as soon as i finish the first Unit or hero!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - theforgefather - 07-06-2012 04:44 PM

DAGabriel Wrote:
I will start the "We wait for the Golden Hat and paint in the meantime"-Thread as soon as i finish the first Unit or hero!

Please! you should so do that!

It would take so much pressure off the staff (HB ) and give us something we can do. Awesome!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Hashut's Blessing - 07-06-2012 07:54 PM

If I didn;t say it before, I'll say it now - we appreciate that it's due to eagerness and excitement rather than demands Wink But thank you again for understanding and setting up a cool side project to keep yourselves going!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - DAGabriel - 07-07-2012 05:16 AM

Opened up in the showcase section, come on an present the goodies!

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Bolg - 07-07-2012 07:38 AM

What Zanko said. And good luck HB.

RE: Golden Hat #17 - vulcanologist - 07-07-2012 04:33 PM

Yes Good luck HB !
Sounds to me like the staff need some help!?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - Vaftrudnir - 07-11-2012 07:09 PM

So?
Any news?

RE: Golden Hat #17 - cornixt - 07-11-2012 08:43 PM

It's just about ready, just doing a final check. I have RSI from doing all the montages! Thanks to those who submitted pictures that were the same size! Saved me having to crop and shift stuff to fit it all in.