CDO Forums
Sad News Indeed - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Sad News Indeed (/showthread.php?tid=1122)

Sad News Indeed - Xander - 09-16-2007 08:39 PM

As I have posted here: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Lost_Glade/index.php?showtopic=3080

About an hour ago, I received this email:

Quote:
Good evening members of Gamers Crossing.

I have some very very sad news. On Wednesday September 12 2007, James Melton passed away at the age of 16. Many of you may not have known James but we was loved by those who knew him. He was employed at the Oakville Battle Bunker during the Summer as Summer Time Help and a strong supporter of this Gaming Club. His loss has been hard on many but more so on his Family/Fellow gamer Erik Melton. This coming Thursday will be our Monthly Gamers Crossing meeting where we will our respects to the memory of James.

Please members try to attend this meeting.

R.I.P James

James Melton, or Highborn Sycath, as he is known on The Lost Glade, will be sorely missed.

My email reply to the above email message was this:

Oh my goodness.

I had just recently struck up a friendship with James as he and I are both Administrators of Forums dedicated to Warhammer Armies.  I am shocked.  He was the one to tell me about this Gaming Club in the first place.  Having known him only a short while, I can see how strongly he would be missed.  I miss him now, and of everyone who were counted amoung his friends, I probably knew him the least.

This is sad news indeed.  I am on late shift this week and will not be able to make the meeting. (Sadly, I was on the late shift last month too, however, I did stop by the bunker around 8:30pm to see if anyone remained).  To leave us so young is surely a tragedy, and it saddens me to know I will not be able to grieve with others this Thursday.  If I may be so bold, do we know the cause of death?

In shock,
-David Clarke

I will let you all know more, as I learn it.

Sad

RE: Sad News Indeed - The Flying Beaver - 09-16-2007 08:47 PM

Damn, that's certainly a downer. I had talked with him a fair bit during the Twilight War, it's weird to think that I won't be seeing him on the boards anymore.

RE: Sad News Indeed - Master Vampire - 09-17-2007 01:53 AM

It's unbelievable. Shock

RE: Sad News Indeed - Ghrask Dragh - 09-17-2007 04:22 AM

My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

RE: Sad News Indeed - Border Reiver - 09-17-2007 07:17 AM

A sad day when someone leaves.  My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

RE: Sad News Indeed - Traitor King - 09-18-2007 12:04 PM

It is always a tragady for one to die this young.
My thoughts go to his friends and family in what must be a difficult time for them.

RE: Sad News Indeed - minty - 09-18-2007 05:11 PM

i'm gonna miss scyth, he was a great contributor to warhammer realm and it's never good when anyone dies at 16

if anyone wants to help us at the realm greive him, where orginising a letter to his folks over on warhammer realm

http://www.warvault.net/warhammer_realm/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4633&start=50

RE: Sad News Indeed - Knight Of Awsome - 09-19-2007 10:10 PM

wow...something like this could seem almost like a nightmare for lots poeple...well i had a dream like that except for i dint know that many people so...nothing was in my glory, but ill make sure this will go around the net->Da warpath!

RE: Sad News Indeed - Pyro Stick - 09-20-2007 04:00 PM

I dont really know him but this is still quite sad.

RE: Sad News Indeed - Tallhat - 09-21-2007 03:22 PM

My Deepest sympathies go to his family.

- Tallhat

RE: Sad News Indeed - Dracomancer - 09-22-2007 05:25 AM

I informed the herdstone a few days ago, he posted quite frequently there as well.
My deepest sympathies go to his family at this time.