CDO Forums
Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread (/showthread.php?tid=11583)

Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - cornixt - 07-10-2012 04:56 PM

Golden Hat #17 War Machines

Please submit 3 numbers as votes by sending a PM to Golden Hat. We had 23 entries this time, which means each entrant will receive 23 slaves once the winners have been announced. Also, because there were more than 10 entries, there will be Gold, Silver, and Bronze Golden Hat medals up for grabs!

Sorry about the delay!

How to vote:
PM Golden Hat with the three numbers of the entries you like best!

And remember!

Rules Wrote:
Additionally, when you cast votes you must vote for your 3 favorite entries.  Each (more or less) anonymous entry below is numbered ranging from 1 to 23. After one week, we will post the results. All staff will have access to the votes if you have a problem with the voting or have questions as to how to vote, likewise, contact one of us.

There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Simply list the three that you like we will do the rest.

Voting will close 19th July, at 11:59pm EST

<1  <2   <3  <4
<5  <6  <7  <8
<9  <10  <11  <12  <13  <14  <15  <16  <17 <18  <19  <20  <21  <22  <23

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - ryanamandaanna - 07-12-2012 02:57 AM

What a great group of entries!  Good luck to everyone!  Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Skink - 07-12-2012 04:25 AM

Mind. Blowing.

The number of entries is huge this time and many of them are extremely well executed. Personally I'm torn between 7. I guess than in cases like this you have to become over critic and find small painting or background mistakes... Thank you all for making my decision so difficult!!! Love ALL this stuff Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - khedyarl - 07-12-2012 05:22 AM

Gee, I wonder which one is Tjub's.  Tongue

Great bunch of minis this time, guys.  Everyone involved should be proud.  I wish I could've had mine finished in time.

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - fairoaks024 - 07-12-2012 05:45 AM

that is a superb collection, took me quite a while, going backwards and forwards to choose 3,
good luck to everyone and well done chaps!

regards

jim

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Unzul - 07-12-2012 06:11 AM

good luck to all

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - JMR - 07-12-2012 06:13 AM

Yay! It's up!

What a lot of entries, and they're all great too! Each and every entry has something going for it, making it difficult to choose. I've based my decision on originality (conversions), colour choices (painting) and overall execution/finishing touches. Didn't make it any easier to choose though Takes Hat off

Well done everyone!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Bolg - 07-12-2012 06:29 AM

Spoiled for choice, what a fantastic pile of inspiration! There are some stunning sculpts/conversion in there. Well done everyone!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - tjub - 07-12-2012 06:31 AM

Great work guys, awesome entries!

khedyarl Wrote:
Gee, I wonder which one is Tjub's.  Tongue

Great bunch of minis this time, guys.  Everyone involved should be proud.  I wish I could've had mine finished in time.

Jupp... Shouldn't be to hard to figure out most of them, I can at least spot ten or so. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Karring - 07-12-2012 06:50 AM

Man, difficult to choose... I like ALL...

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - DAGabriel - 07-12-2012 08:38 AM

@ Karring: +1
Very nice indeed and some of them don`t seem to be too anonymous.

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Zanko - 07-12-2012 12:08 PM

What a great accumulation of warmachines! Takes Hat off

Really, really awesome stuff!

In the moment I have no idea which are my favourites ...

I think I will need some more looks at the pics before I could make a decision! Big Grin

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Bolg - 07-12-2012 12:30 PM

I love the fact that not 2 hell cannons are the same, many use the same model but all are different, some are way different and others more subtle...

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - theforgefather - 07-12-2012 01:15 PM

Erm nice, but mine hasn't been put up!

I sent it via email not PM

The details of it have been sent to you (Cornixt) via PM

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Thorne - 07-12-2012 01:57 PM

Think I've at least worked out 50% of who's is who's. Nice work all whom entered. Can't wait to see what the results are.

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - brotsorrow - 07-12-2012 03:04 PM

WOW Congrats to everyone who submitted their entries!!! A big thanks from the rest of our community for your ideas and colour schemes/patterns!

Good luck to everyone

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Sherlocko - 07-12-2012 03:08 PM

Wow, the high standard on all of those entries is kind of mind blowing. Kudos to all who entered. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Bassman - 07-12-2012 03:35 PM

Wow, well worth the long wait!

First compliment to the staff for the amazing job!

Second: Zanko I hate you! Why have I always to vote for your crazy creations? Takes Hat off

Now need to choose the other two....... Happy

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - DAGabriel - 07-12-2012 04:06 PM

Some comments after my choosing, can`t comment on all but don`t take it
as a slight if I leave YOURs out.
1-3 will store these pics for my LoA warmachines, 1 for paintjob, 2 for the model with basing and 3 for the lava effect.
9 it is small and tiny but…. I like it. Asked about the background before.
13 Well, as said before a coolly disgusting model, I love the dwarf in the middle best, he is gesturing really nice. No real fan of the paint job though.
14 Now that should be the model for the next Hellcannon! Great sculpting!
15 A fantastic interpretation/conversion of the Hellcannon! Basing is top, painting in the best third.
19 Top one, cool painting, fantastic base!
20 Liked the sculpt before, painted it looks even better! Only low point, for me the lava isn`t glowing enough.
21 That blue glow effect is really cool.

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Vaftrudnir - 07-13-2012 05:24 AM

Oh man so much awesomeness here.
Cheers! to all of you.

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Da Crusha - 07-13-2012 06:03 AM

awesome entries everybody. there is a lot of tough competition.

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Dezmord - 07-13-2012 06:34 AM

Wow, what an incredible choice of entries! Allthough I'm quite new here, I can already name several of the artists :-)

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Admiral - 07-13-2012 08:41 AM

This goes right into the inspirational folder. Well done, all participants! I have a hard time to decide which entry to lay my vote on, but I think numbers 3, 15 and 20 are exceptional paintjobs amongst a plephora of good to great paintjobs. I like every single entry. There are a lot of good conversions in there, such as the simple and clever use of round Chaos standard tops for wheels in entry #9. Hade #14's paintjob been better, I would have voted for it because of its outstanding concept and execution.

As always there is a fine mixture of old and new, including pre-big hats. All of it is good, in fact really good. Cheers!:

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Zanko - 07-13-2012 11:42 AM

Bassman Wrote:
Second: Zanko I hate you! Why have I always to vote for your crazy creations? Takes Hat off

Thanx dude!

Is it so obvious which one is my entry! Happy

I must say that I'm somewhat proud that you like my stuff! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Bolg - 07-13-2012 11:53 AM

@ Zanko: you have more fans, your over the top cool collection of classic and obscure bits is something to very proud of.

Oh and it took a few days but I voted.
In the end it was quite easy as i'm a sucker for sculpting/heavy converting.

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Mad Dave - 07-13-2012 12:08 PM

Well i was thinking on entering golden hat 17 glad i didn't my miniatures wont stand a chance against these Awesome miniatures. Great work guys!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Bassman - 07-13-2012 12:36 PM

Mad Dave Wrote:
Well i was thinking on entering golden hat 17 glad i didn't my miniatures wont stand a chance against these Awesome miniatures. Great work guys!

Nooo, this is not dwarfs' talking! We never give up! that's the fun of Golden Hat: many crazy entries and who cares if you're winning or not! Takes Hat off

Zanko: I'm in love the lizard/salamanderWhatever big monster that some "misterious" Chaos Dwarf entered in the contest! Tongue Wink
Every warlord worth of his name would be proud to have into his army!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Bolg - 07-13-2012 01:51 PM

Mad Dave Wrote:

Think of the slaves you would have got!! (and we all would have gotten one extra to!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Zanko - 07-13-2012 04:10 PM

This time it was very difficult to choose!

But now I done my vote and I'm very curious to see which entry will make the win! Cheers!

@ Bolg & Bassman: Thanx a lot guys! Takes Hat off

@ Mad Dave: The aspect of winning is not so important (but of cause we all hope that we will make the run!) - like Bassman said the fun of creating and painting is our impetus to join these contests! Big Grin

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - cornixt - 07-13-2012 04:14 PM

Remember to PM your votes to the Golden Hat account, don't email me!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Mad Dave - 07-13-2012 07:47 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmm Slaveees....... Ill have ago at the next one. and yes Ive casted my votes.

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Abecedar - 07-13-2012 10:03 PM

thanks for all the entries, so hard to choose though. deciding how to cull down from the final 7 was really hit and miss

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Nicodemus - 07-13-2012 10:26 PM

Totally stellar entries everyone.

Just so I can point out the obvious to all of the complainers from a few months ago it seems that everyone who wanted to base their model was able to do-so without any problems, I don't see any that have more than four crew, and there's not a single Dreadquake Mortar in the lot, nor any real fancy basing that folks seemed so concerned was going to limit the creativity of the entries.

So was all that belly aching for nothing?  Seems like a huge waste of time for everyone involved for some rules (which were scrapped) which wouldn't have hindered a single entry - (EditHappy pardon me, except for the monster entries, which are all great, BTW!

Just sayin'
~N

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - dncswlf - 07-13-2012 11:32 PM

wow, I'm so glad I happened to check back in here... what an amazing collection of warmachines!  Zanko, I agree with bassman and Bolg, your stuff is always so creative!  Not that everyone else that submitted wasn't.. I'm just blown away with the caliber of entries in this competition, and really wish I had popped in sooner to join in!  I really have to get back to painting... been missing it a lot!  This round of golden Hats though is very inspiring!  hope to get those juices flowing!  ok, votes away!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Threadbare - 07-13-2012 11:41 PM

Think I'm ready to vote, not easy to narrow down this lot.

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Bassman - 07-15-2012 10:45 AM

Managed to vote but not easy!!

I managed to narrow to 6 and then I got stuck.
At the end I decided to use just personal preferences, nothing to do with one quality superior to the other but just my taste.

Compliments to everybody!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - vulcanologist - 07-16-2012 03:17 PM

Awesome entries everyone! The standard just keeps getting higher and higher! Extra marks for the fantastic conversions!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Bolg - 07-17-2012 11:37 AM

I just love getting back to this topic and checking all the awesome entries again.

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - DAGabriel - 07-18-2012 01:41 PM

One day of voting left! Really high classed competition, wish a lot of luck to all of you!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Ghrask Dragh - 07-19-2012 04:51 AM

Good luck all, great group of warmachines to choose from Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Pyro Stick - 07-19-2012 05:14 AM

I was working on a Tenderiser for this but unfortunately i didnt get it finished in time. I only have the Boar Centaur to finish and to find it a base and then its done so ill be posting it in my blog soon. Votes sent.

RE: Golden Hat #17 Voting Thread - Da Crusha - 07-19-2012 06:49 AM

I finished mine but I thought I had one more day and didnt get the pics sent in on time. I already posted it on my blog.