CDO Forums
An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Hobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Showcase & Army Blogs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. (/showthread.php?tid=13985)

An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-22-2014 09:48 PM

Greetings followers of Hashut. I am Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed, Warlord of Khorne. My forces have been raining death upon the forces of the Old World since the early 90's. A few months ago i had the itch to build a Chaos Dwarf force that would fight alongside my massive horde. I mean seriously why would a WoC army have hellcannons without any Chaos Dwarf units? This has always bugged me and I am here to set things right. You can check me out over at Chamber of the Everchosen.  I have ordered a large Dwarf army from Mantic that i will convert to CD and i have begun building my warmachines...

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-22-2014 09:51 PM

Magma Cannon WIP

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-22-2014 09:52 PM

Some WIP Deathshrieker Rockets...

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Admiral - 01-23-2014 02:42 AM

Your siege engines look really good, and I agree completely about the lack of other Chaos Dwarf units in the WoC army book. The option should be there, especially for Blunderbussers or Fireglaives to provide some shooting phase.

You've chosen surprisingly well for the two pairs of scratchbuilt wheels, since one doesn't even notice the lack of spokes which is otherwise so apparent with scratchbuilds.

The Magma Cannon is a real beast. I'm impressed by the amount of machinery detail put into it. You might, however, want to decorate those large "wings" on the nut (if those are the correct words in English). Furthermore you should break up the large rifled surface of the large black cap in some way. Plasticard bands to simulate iron bands with rivets could work in your favour, as would the occasional grisly trophy.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Yodrin - 01-23-2014 02:44 AM

Thats a great start!! LF to seeing more!!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Bloodbeard - 01-23-2014 04:35 AM

Awesome magma cannon! A contraption that holds and shoots lava should be a hulking beast of a machine. Good job.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-23-2014 05:30 AM

Thx for the great feedback. Yeah i was stumped on how to break up the flat surface on the "wings" and the circular top bit. I had a round spiky section but it looked a little strange because it sdidn't reach all the way around... i should just sculpt it or use plasticard as suggested. I think some more skulls and chains will liven it up a bit. Definatly will be working on those bits asap Happy

the big wheels on the rockets were heroclix bases i had removed from the LOTR range... i knew they would come in handy one day!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Sticklander - 01-23-2014 11:50 AM

Great concept, and a very intriguing models so far! Very interested to see how this progresses and perhaps some of your other models?

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Fuggit Khan - 01-23-2014 01:57 PM

That Magma Cannon actually looks like an honest working machine of some sort...It would not surprise me if it really would torch something (and burn your fingers) if you flipped that switch.
I like it Takes Hat off

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Geist - 01-23-2014 04:31 PM

I am sorry but I will be the voice of discontent.  The magma cannon is far too large, the drum that is over the barrel is massively out of propitiation with the chassis and the cannon barrel itself.  While I do admire the scratch build of the machine itself I just do not like how huge that reservoir is.  The other problem I have is the size of the wheels to the rocket batteries, again the wheels are huge way too big for how small the rocket tubes are.  The one with the small wheels works, the others not so much.  I would suggest making a frame out of sprues and mounting rockets from the imperial guard kits on that frame.  Kinda like a steam punk Napoleonic rocket only with several rockets per rig instead of one.  In a nutshell bigger rockets smaller wheels.  Yes I know how this sounds and yes I am sorry for being so blunt while others rain praise, but not all will agree with the works of another.  I actually have been the target of critics many times for my works.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-23-2014 06:21 PM

HA! no reason to apologise! Thanks for being honest. I am here for advice from real Chaos Dwarf players/converters/painters! To be honest I too have an issue with the over sized reservoir. I had 2 bits that looked like that and i was going to use them for earthshaker nozzles but i got a  little carried away... I wanted to get rid of it but the rest of the model is kind of stuck to it. I think i'll try to either cut the top off to shorten it or remove it all together in favour of more pipes.
And thanks for the pointers with the rockets, i will keep the big wheels but i think they need to bulk up a bit.

BTW this forum rocks, thanks for the great input and feedback!

Geist Wrote:
I am sorry but I will be the voice of discontent.  The magma cannon is far too large, the drum that is over the barrel is massively out of propitiation with the chassis and the cannon barrel itself.  While I do admire the scratch build of the machine itself I just do not like how huge that reservoir is.  The other problem I have is the size of the wheels to the rocket batteries, again the wheels are huge way too big for how small the rocket tubes are.  The one with the small wheels works, the others not so much.  I would suggest making a frame out of sprues and mounting rockets from the imperial guard kits on that frame.  Kinda like a steam punk Napoleonic rocket only with several rockets per rig instead of one.  In a nutshell bigger rockets smaller wheels.  Yes I know how this sounds and yes I am sorry for being so blunt while others rain praise, but not all will agree with the works of another.  I actually have been the target of critics many times for my works.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-23-2014 07:42 PM

I've made 2 Hellcannons for my WoC cause i was dirty on the original price (many moons ago). Here is a nice blurry pic of one of them:

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-31-2014 06:47 AM

Update on WIP Magma Cannon.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Admiral - 01-31-2014 12:24 PM

I'm not sure about the Hellcannon, but the Magma Cannon is looking better with each update! Don't hesitate to keep it as large as it is, but be careful to fill in ugly gaps and remove mould lines. I think the cannon carriage would look mighty fine if you added more wheels or even small sleigh parts somewhere.

That's one beauty of a scratchbuild!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-31-2014 07:08 PM

Admiral Wrote:
I'm not sure about the Hellcannon, but the Magma Cannon is looking better with each update! Don't hesitate to keep it as large as it is, but be careful to fill in ugly gaps and remove mould lines. I think the cannon carriage would look mighty fine if you added more wheels or even small sleigh parts somewhere.

Thx Admiral, great advice. New sets of wheels to help bulk it up, a few rivets here and there will sort it out Happy i only noticed the mould lines from the photo haha, gotta get onto that...Pirate

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Yodrin - 02-01-2014 08:24 AM

Admiral Wrote:

I surtainly agree!!! Takes Hat off

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-02-2014 06:49 PM

More WIP pix, this time Magma Cannon, Deathshriekers and some Hobgoblin Khans...

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-03-2014 01:13 AM

Quick fluff update to tie in my Chaos Dwarfs with my main WoC forces:
The history between Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed and Fleet Master Kurgen Blackheart is one of Blood and Fear. Together they have terrorised the realms of Man and Elf for hundreds of years. To mobilise his Dark Host, Vantraxx enlisted the service of the Ironfist Brigade. They are known as fierce pirates that mostly operate in the Sea of Claws. Their steam engines and daemon powered floating fortresses were all Vantraxx needed to wreck havoc upon the Old World. In return for passage and assistance with deadly siege engines and weapons of Hellforged power, Vantraxx offered slaves. Many slaves. More slaves than the fleet could carry. Anyone the Chaos Dwarfs could capture before or during the slaughter will belong to them. If they left it too late all they would collect will be the dismembered limbs and heads of the enemy...
This is the alliance that will bring fear and terror to the reams of the civilised. Together they will watch the Old World burn...

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Yodrin - 02-03-2014 04:25 AM

Nice work, and the hobbo in the middle is great!!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Bloodbeard - 02-03-2014 06:27 AM

Good job. That magma cannon is getting really awesome. Looking forward to seeing it painted - or just base coated. A base coat does a lot for a converison like this - much easier to enjoy it as a model.

Any plan for crew? It's gonna be tough to make guys to match the crazyness of the machine.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-04-2014 03:49 AM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Good job. That magma cannon is getting really awesome. Looking forward to seeing it painted - or just base coated. A base coat does a lot for a converison like this - much easier to enjoy it as a model.

Any plan for crew? It's gonna be tough to make guys to match the crazyness of the machine.

Thx Bloodbeard! My mantic dwarfs arrives yesterday so i've finally got some models to make into CD troops. They are going for a dirty steampunk pirate look so i'll be posting them as they pop out Happy
Oh anf thx for the feedback it has really helped me with this project Cheers!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-04-2014 04:10 AM

So with the arrival of my mantic dwarfs i have worked out a rough armylist to build and convert  to compliment my main WoC forces. It's my first attempt at LoA list and i havn't even had a battle with them yet... it'll be hard rethinking tactics after over 20 years worth of Warriors... well here's the list:
+++ Flames of Hashut (7966pts) +++
+++ 8000pt Legion of Azgorh (Chaos Dwarfs) Roster (Standard)) +++

Selections:

Legion of Azgorh (Chaos Dwarfs) (Standard) Selections:

+ Lords +

* Fleet Commander Kurgan Blackheart - Sorcerer-Prophet
    with main warrior block
        (Contempt, Daemonsmith, Infernal Engineer, Relentless, Resolute, Sorcerer's Curse)
        *None - Darkforged Weapon (Darkforged Weapon), Armour of Destiny, Blood of Hashut (one use), Ironcurse Icon, Lore of Hashut, Pistol, Stone Mantle, Wizard Level 4

* Admiral Hazigoth - Sorcerer-Prophet
    death sniper
        (Contempt, Daemonsmith, Infernal Engineer, Relentless, Resolute, Sorcerer's Curse)
        *None - Darkforged Weapon (Darkforged Weapon), Bale Taurus (Blazing Body, Breath Weapon, Flaming Attacks, Fly, Fuelled by Fire, Large Target, Terror, Thunderstomp), Blood of Hashut (one use), Dawnstone, Lore of Death, Pistol, Potion of Foolhardiness, The Mask of the Furnace, Wizard Level 4

+ Heroes +

* Durgan Stormcaller - Bull Centaur Taur'ruk
    with BC
        (*, Contempt, Fear, Scaly Skin (5+), Stomp, Swiftstride)
        Additional Hand Weapon, Blackshard Armour, Dragonshelm, Potion of Speed, Talisman of Endurance

* Captain Visha - Daemonsmith Sorcerer
    with quake mortars
        *None - Ensorcelled Hand Weapon (Ensorcelled Hand Weapon), Chalice of Blood & Darkness, Lore of Death, Pistol, Wizard Level 2

* Captain Hazgor - Daemonsmith Sorcerer
    with deathshriekers
        *None - Ensorcelled Hand Weapon (Ensorcelled Hand Weapon), Channelling Staff, Lore of Metal, Pistol, Wizard Level 2

* Captain Vanda - Daemonsmith Sorcerer
    with magma cannons
        *None - Ensorcelled Hand Weapon (Ensorcelled Hand Weapon), Dispel Scroll, Lore of Death, Pistol, Wizard Level 2

* Bigtooth Khan - Hobgoblin Khan
        Giant Wolf (Fast Cavalry), Light Armour, Shield (no longer Fast Cavalry), Spear (only if mounted), The Terrifying Mask of EEE!

* Screatch Khan - Hobgoblin Khan
        Giant Wolf (Fast Cavalry), Light Armour, Shield (no longer Fast Cavalry), Shrieking Blade

* Hakka Khan - Hobgoblin Khan
        Giant Wolf (Fast Cavalry), Light Armour, Shield (no longer Fast Cavalry), Spear (only if mounted)

* Ogola Khan - Hobgoblin Khan
        Giant Wolf (Fast Cavalry), Light Armour, Shield (no longer Fast Cavalry), Spear (only if mounted)

* Cinder the Hard - Infernal Castellan
    with main warrior block
        (Contempt, Relentless, Resolute, Stubborn)
        Battle Standard Bearer, Helm of Discord, Pistol, Shield, Talisman of Preservation

* Kazzar Rocksplitter - Infernal Castellan
    with main warrior block
        Armour of Bazherak the Cruel, Fireglaive (*), Talisman of Protection

* Flamatruck the Wicked - Infernal Castellan
    with fireglaives
        Black Hammer of Hashut, Enchanted Shield, Opal Amulet

+ Core +

* Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard
    narrow frontage 5 wide, main warrior block
        (Contempt, Relentless, Resolute)
        50x Infernal, Musician
        * Deathmask
            Pistol
        * Standard Bearer
            War Banner

Deathmask, Musician, Standard Bearer
        * 25x Infernal
            25x Great Weapons

horde formation
        * 39x Infernal
            39x Fireglaives (Fireglaive)

* Hobgoblin Cutthroats
        (Backstabbers, Hobgoblin Animosity)
        Murder Boss, Musician, Standard Bearer
        * 50x Cutthroats
            50x Bows, 50x Shields

+ Special +

* Bull Centaur Renders
        (Contempt, Fear, Scaly Skin (5+), Stomp, Swiftstride)
        Bull Centaur Ba'hal, Musician
        * 7x Bull Centaur Renders
            7x Great Weapons, 7x Shields
        * Standard Bearer
            Gleaming Pennant

* Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

* Iron Daemon War Engine
        (Carriage Hauler, Demolition, Impact Hits (D6+2), Ironhide, Large Target, Lumbering & Unstoppable, Skullcracker, Steam Cannonade, Terror, Unbreakable, Unique Unit)
        Hellbound

* Iron Daemon War Engine
        (Carriage Hauler, Demolition, Impact Hits (D6+2), Ironhide, Large Target, Lumbering & Unstoppable, Skullcracker, Steam Cannonade, Terror, Unbreakable, Unique Unit)
        Hellbound

* Magma Cannon

* Magma Cannon

+ Rare +

* Dreadquake Mortar
        (Contempt, Firing the Dreadquake, Quake!, Relentless, Resolute, Slow to Reload)
        Additional Crew - Slave Ogre

* Dreadquake Mortar
        Additional Crew - Slave Ogre

* Hellcannon
        (Caged Fury, Daemonic Construction, Doomfire, Large Target, Monster & Handlers, Terror, Thunderstomp, Unbreakable)

* Hellcannon
        (Caged Fury, Daemonic Construction, Doomfire, Large Target, Monster & Handlers, Terror, Thunderstomp, Unbreakable)

* Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders
        (Cowardly Despoilers, Fast Cavalry, Hobgoblin Animosity)
        Musician, Wolf Boss
        * 5x Raiders
            5x Spears

* Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders
        Musician, Wolf Boss
        * 5x Raiders
            5x Spears

* K'daai Destroyer
        (*, Blazing Body, Bound Fire Daemon, Flaming Attacks, Frenzy (D3), Large Target, Terror, Thunderstomp, Unbreakable, Unstable)

* K'daai Destroyer
        (*, Blazing Body, Bound Fire Daemon, Flaming Attacks, Frenzy (D3), Large Target, Terror, Thunderstomp, Unbreakable, Unstable)

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-09-2014 06:58 PM

30 infernal guard WIP. 20 more will be added. I am faced with the daunting task of rebearding to dwarfs... CD are known for their big hats, tusks and dread beards. I'm thinking of moving away from this purely from lazyness. Good news is the Mantic Dwarfs i'm using look really well armoured and a few heads have short dread beards...  Other updates include undercoating of magma cannon, 3 deathshriekers and 3 Khans.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Bloodbeard - 02-10-2014 04:01 AM

The mantic dwarfs work quite well I think. You don't really have to go big hat - my firwst two units don't have them.

But other beards would be nice. And they are real easy to make and it doesn't take that much time. There are some great tutorials in that section of the forum.

Can't really give any feedback on the list - 8000 points. Don't really think any small adjustments are gonna make a difference at that size. Do you have 8000 points worth of bits now?

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-10-2014 05:23 AM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
The mantic dwarfs work quite well I think. You don't really have to go big hat - my firwst two units don't have them.

But other beards would be nice. And they are real easy to make and it doesn't take that much time. There are some great tutorials in that section of the forum.

Can't really give any feedback on the list - 8000 points. Don't really think any small adjustments are gonna make a difference at that size. Do you have 8000 points worth of bits now?

With the super cheap mantic dwarfs i ended up with all the footslogging dwarfs. I have bits to make everything else, i've had a chaos army since the early 90's so i have heaps of bits. My BC will be from dragon ogre/oges/juggernaughts, my destroyers will be made from daemon princes/giants/dragons/dreadnaughts/soul grinders. i already made the hellcannons for my WoC. In fact i found this forum looking at how to make beards Happy i converted the crew from old goblin models i had and the massive beard covers everything up. Only things i really need now are the big hobgoblin unit. You are right about the beards though. I won't do them for all the rank and file but all my command units/characters will get the good treatment Happy

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-20-2014 03:08 AM

I've been busy building and undercoating the crews for my warmachines. I also got a chance to build my Bale Taurus from an old metal juggernaught and the old metal bloodthirster wings Wink

I also started work on my destroyer. It's an old metal bloodthirster upper torso, the legs are from the GW staff massive troll that was fighting the troll slayer rest are just bitz Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Bloodbeard - 02-20-2014 04:23 AM

Cool work. Would like some close ups to see the details - especially on that taurus. Absolutely great idea for a conversion!

I think that the destroyer is supposed look the other way on the base. Where are the ginormous claws from?

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-20-2014 05:53 AM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Cool work. Would like some close ups to see the details - especially on that taurus. Absolutely great idea for a conversion!

I think that the destroyer is supposed look the other way on the base. Where are the ginormous claws from?

Claws are from the chaos defiler if i remember corectly. Once i get into painting them i'll post plenty of closeups to hoghlight my dodgy conversions hehe

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Yodrin - 02-20-2014 08:44 AM

Very nice, I really like the taurus conversion. The taurus look evil and bad ass...

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Sticklander - 02-20-2014 10:19 AM

Very interesting conversions. Really like to see them painted.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Fuggit Khan - 02-20-2014 12:32 PM

Your Bale Taurus conversion is awesome...what a great idea to make it from a juggernaut, the head being slightly turned to the side adds a cool 'dynamic' look to it, like it's actually charging into battle as opposed to just standing around. Well done Cheers!

And I'm curious...is it just me, or does it look like both models are sitting in a pan covered in motor oil? Is it some sort of gloss spray base coat? I'm asking because I'm always interested in how people 'prep' their models...

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-21-2014 05:19 PM

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
Your Bale Taurus conversion is awesome...what a great idea to make it from a juggernaut, the head being slightly turned to the side adds a cool 'dynamic' look to it, like it's actually charging into battle as opposed to just standing around. Well done Cheers!

And I'm curious...is it just me, or does it look like both models are sitting in a pan covered in motor oil? Is it some sort of gloss spray base coat? I'm asking because I'm always interested in how people 'prep' their models...

I'm testing a new spraypaint my wife found for me. It has silicone in it and dries with a matt finish. It just looks shiny because i took the photo right after spraying it Cheers!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Admiral - 02-21-2014 06:11 PM

Not a fan of Mantic Playmobil Dwarfs, but your Bale Taurus conversion is as smart as it is simple. Good work.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Abecedar - 02-22-2014 11:55 PM

That magma cannon is coming along brilliantly.   But as someone said.   Take the time to go over the finer details like mold lines and gaps.  Once its painted those little things could ruin its looks

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-25-2014 04:38 AM

Khorne has lashed out at me for dabbling with the worshipers of Hashut...

just undercoated 40 fireglaive Infernal Guard (the mantic dwarfs look like they has lasguns but i'll be honest i kind of like them). I also undercoated a unit of 60 slaves made from Mordor goblins, night goblins, a few metal halflings, a couple of savage orcs and some old school 40k Orks:  Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka and Ork Runtherd Zodgrod Wortsnagga all revamped for fantasy battle.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-25-2014 04:50 AM

Admiral Wrote:
Not a fan of Mantic Playmobil Dwarfs, but your Bale Taurus conversion is as smart as it is simple. Good work.

Agreed on the Forgeworld vs Mantic models. The deciding factor was the price Pirate  They have really started to grow on me but they still arn't really right. With hindesight i should have at least gotten the Abyssal dwarfs from mantic but with the boxed set i got over 200 models! The Abyssal dwarf box would get me about 90 models but if i spent the same ammount on the FW models well i think i would have 1 warmachine Wink
Total respect for all you badasses that convert/buy the real models, one day i'll get onto them, maybe when i win the lotto Takes Hat off

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 03-04-2014 11:20 PM

I had my first battle with Chaos Dwarfs recently. I fought Ogres at 2500pts.
I learnt a lot. I've been playing 'Chaos' since the early 90's so my tactics had to be thrown out the door.
Rough lists:
My list
Prophet with magic carpet, 2+ 4++ (rolled 2+ to wound sword), lore of Hashut
Castellan with 2+ 4++ 2++ against flameing, 6++unit warmachines, reroll 1 armour save
lv1 Daemonsmith with chalice running lore of death for sig spell
Wolf riding Khan
28 IG, full command, with flame banner (prophet and castellan here)
20 hobgoblins with bows
10 IG with fireglaives
x2 magma cannons
x2 death shriekers
Hellcanon
Destroyer

His army (real rough)
Gutstar (16 ogres in horde formation and all characters)
BSB 2+ 6++ against warmachines for unit
Slaughtermaster general with CoC, 6+ 4++, 2++ against flames, death magic
Another mage with maw magic
x2 ironblasters
x1 big monster that does 3d3 impact hits (forgot name sorry)
x3 Mournfang
x2 Ambush guys (forgot their name)
What worked, what didn't and what would I change:
-Miscast turn 1 with my prophet is not the end of the game. Even when he looses 3 wizard levels and 3 spells including Ash Storm.... Casting the hammer for no reason other than I have the dice is silly... I wasn't even in range /fail. A lot of my tactics relied on the ashstorm/flaming combo.... silly magic
-Magma cannons are the bomb. Even without ashstorm they are great.
-Destroyer can take on 2 monsters at a time. He is a beast. Don't get caught in a frenzy bait. The Khan redirects to stop bad units from reaching him.
-Khan is very useful. I redirected his gutstar to get another round of shooting in. I'm going to field 2 next time.
-Deathshriekers are great for taking out monsters (when they hit). 1 would have been worthless, 2 or none imo.
-Chalice is more useful than a dispel scroll imo. I could still shut down the magic phase. We had wild winds of magic, double 1's, 1 and 2, 6 and 6.... it was upside down but the chalice was key to stopping purple sun (he missed out on casting it 3 magic phases by 1 or 2)
-Hellcanon is extremly solid to anchour a flank. They fire until the enemy close in. He held the mournfang up when they charged in round 3. They didn't take him out by the end. That unit would have swept into the flank of my large IG formation so it was key.
-If IG kill something with hand weapons it is a bonus. I went for handweapon shields cause I would still get a 6+ 6++ against the double handed weapon ogres (all the ogres were at least strength 6..) Go for ranks/standard static combat res. If I went with double handed weapons I would have needed another 15 IG minimum to absorb the damage. Maybe in future a small unit to flank but then fireglaives would be more versitile and almost as offensive. With bsb we sit on 5CR already. 6 if I include the war banner... The general with the unit was carving up with his 2+ to wound but against high armour it would have been much worse. The Castellan was totally built for defence. Thinking about giving him a double handed weapon but his normal save goes down...
-Ambush is a small issue, fireing flame templates across my line is not the safest way to take them out but it was all I had. Maybe a 2nd Khan can stay in the back line while the 1st Khan and Destroyer roll around together in the enemy back line. Daemonsmith with death was good for sig spell but didn'tt do enough wounds! He didn't deploy near my hellcanon though. Maybe an irondaemon and hellcanon on each flank will sort this out.
-IG with fireglaives and goblins with bows were in there to clear chaff. With no real chaff in his army I believe these points were wasted. The IG fireglaives held a charge from mournfang (before they hit the hellcanon) held them up for a turn. With a few more in the unit they may have actually beat them cause we hit and wound on 3+. I think the gobbos will be moved into a larger unit with just shields to tarpit any unit I don't want to fight.

Let me know what you think.
I'll post more as it comes to me.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 04-28-2014 11:19 PM

Ok it's been a while since my last update. I've been busy with work and gaming but i have had a chance to complete building my CD LOA army! Everything is undercoated and i have started on the Bale Taurus rider. Here are some WIP shots of the latest stuff i made:

K'daai Fireborn freshly made and undercoated:

Earthshaker and Ogre loader:

Left side of army:

Right side of army:

I decided to use my WOC Dragon Ogres and Shaggoth as Bull Centaurs and Hero, i'm lazy to build them but i also like how they feel close to my WOC. I'm also using my WOC Hellcannons in this army. The Pics show all my LOA list except the D.Ogres, Giant and Hellcannons who are living in my WOC camp until called upon for battle. Also the S.Lord on Bale Taurus is being painted so here he is with his first base coats:

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Bloodbeard - 04-29-2014 12:19 AM

So that's oe way to assemble a gazilion troops on no time! Cool conversions on all the warmachines. The dead quake is really cool. Superglue lid shells - most remember that one. Looks good.

I like the steampunk/industrial look of the entire force. The machines fit well with the dwarf shooters.

Now for paint! The bane of any beuatiful army.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Fuggit Khan - 04-29-2014 11:54 AM

The Earthshaker conversion/kit-bash is pure genius, I love it!
I recently started something very similar, but your conversion is way better than mine.
What are all the parts from?

Nicely done sir Takes Hat off

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 04-29-2014 10:00 PM

Thx for the kind comments Happy
The earthshaker barrel was from an old pin holder, wheels from old 40k bikes, hubcaps are jewelery fixings, chain holders are skullcrusher lances, chains are jewelery chains, missiles are old superglue lids, flame on the rear of the barrel is from the WOC warshrine, side bits above the wheels and the rear ramp and deck come from an old land raider and the spikes on the sides and on the barrel are from a chaos space marine vehicle sprue,  the ogre is actually a large staff only GW slayer with old blue horror hands Happy  personally if i had the cash i would get the proper earthshaker but one of those would cost as much as my whole army!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-04-2014 11:58 PM

I have some more WIP of Admiral Hazigoth on his Bale Taurus. He is second in command to Fleet Admiral Kurgan Blackheart. He is armed with the Blood of Hashut, pistol, Lore of Hashut, Black Hammer, Other Tricksters Shard, Charmed Shield, Tal of Preservation...

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Chaosftw - 05-05-2014 09:05 AM

Wow... Just wow! 3 pages of pure awesome! You sir are one twisted individual!

My only question is how did you do the fireborn?

Can't wait to see the next update!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Yodrin - 05-05-2014 11:30 AM

Yea it's really cool!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-06-2014 02:44 AM

Fireborn were supercheap and easy. I just cut out 40mm bases from balsa wood, stuck a shortened kebab stick in the middle of the base. Glued a WoC head on the top and then grabbed some butchered metal classic daemonette crab claws and greenstuffed them to the kebab stick. The rest is just twisted tissue paper with heaps of superglue to harden it. I then added small chains. Real easy

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-15-2014 12:00 AM

Some WIP of my Fireborn:

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-15-2014 12:02 AM

I remembered i had no model for the Carpet riding prophet so i started him up Wink Still very much WIP, i'm changeing his sword for a whip and the left hand will have a telescope. Here he is so far:

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-15-2014 12:03 AM

So here is my latest list for the Chaos Dwarfs, i have made a promise to myself to paint all this before making anything else...

+++ Flames of Hashut (9000pts) +++
+++ 9000pt Legion of Azgorh (Chaos Dwarfs) Roster (Standard)) +++

Selections:

Legion of Azgorh (Chaos Dwarfs) (Standard) Selections:

+ Lords +

* Fleet Admiral Kurgan Blackheart - Sorcerer-Prophet
    with main warrior block
        *None - Darkforged Weapon (Darkforged Weapon), Armour of Destiny, Blood of Hashut (one use), Lore of Metal, Pistol, Stone Mantle, Wizard Level 4

* Admiral Hazigoth - Sorcerer-Prophet
        Bale Taurus (Blazing Body, Breath Weapon, Flaming Attacks, Fly, Fuelled by Fire, Large Target, Terror, Thunderstomp), Black Hammer of Hashut, Blood of Hashut (one use), Charmed Shield, Lore of Hashut, Pistol, Talisman of Preservation, The Other Trickster's Shard, Wizard Level 4

* Vice Admiral Darkflame - Sorcerer-Prophet
    death snipes, hangs with hellcannons
        *None - Darkforged Weapon (Darkforged Weapon), Arabyan Carpet, Blood of Hashut (one use), Lore of Death, Naptha Bombs, Spellshield, Talisman of Endurance, Wizard Level 4

+ Heroes +

* Durgan Stormcaller - Bull Centaur Taur'ruk
    with BC
        (*, Contempt, Fear, Scaly Skin (5+), Stomp, Swiftstride)
        Blackshard Armour, Dawnstone, Dragonshelm, Great Weapon, Potion of Foolhardiness

* Captain Hazgor - Daemonsmith Sorcerer
    with magma cannons
        *None - Ensorcelled Hand Weapon (Ensorcelled Hand Weapon), Dispel Scroll, Lore of Fire, Pistol, Shield of Ptolos, Wizard Level 2

* Captain Vanda - Daemonsmith Sorcerer
    with death shriekers
        *None - Ensorcelled Hand Weapon (Ensorcelled Hand Weapon), Chalice of Blood & Darkness, Lore of Fire, Pistol, Wizard Level 2

* Bigtooth Khan - Hobgoblin Khan
        Giant Wolf (Fast Cavalry), Light Armour, Shield (no longer Fast Cavalry), Spear (only if mounted), The Terrifying Mask of EEE!

* Screatch Khan - Hobgoblin Khan
        Giant Wolf (Fast Cavalry), Light Armour, Shrieking Blade

* Hakka Khan - Hobgoblin Khan
        Giant Wolf (Fast Cavalry), Light Armour, Ruby Ring of Ruin, Spear (only if mounted)

* Ogola Khan - Hobgoblin Khan
        Giant Wolf (Fast Cavalry), Glittering Scales, Spear (only if mounted)

* Moogla Khan - Hobgoblin Khan
        Giant Wolf (Fast Cavalry), Light Armour, Sword of Might

* Cinder the Hard - Infernal Castellan
    with main warrior block
        Battle Standard Bearer, Ironcurse Icon, Luckstone, Pistol, Shield, The Mask of the Furnace

* Kazzar Rocksplitter - Infernal Castellan
    with main warrior block
        Armour of Bazherak the Cruel, Great Weapon, Opal Amulet, Pistol, Shield

+ Core +

narrow frontage 5 wide, main warrior block
        Deathmask, 37x Infernal, Musician
        * Standard Bearer
            War Banner

* 32x Infernal
            32x Great Weapons

Musician, Standard Bearer
        * Deathmask
            Naptha Bomb
        * 20x Infernal
            20x Fireglaives (Fireglaive)

* Deathmask
            Naptha Bomb
        * 10x Infernal
            10x Fireglaives (Fireglaive)

* Deathmask
            Naptha Bomb
        * 10x Infernal
            10x Fireglaives (Fireglaive)

* Hobgoblin Cutthroats
        * 20x Cutthroats
            20x Bows, 20x Shields

* Hobgoblin Cutthroats
        * 20x Cutthroats
            20x Bows, 20x Shields

* Hobgoblin Cutthroats
        * 20x Cutthroats
            20x Bows, 20x Shields

* Hobgoblin Cutthroats
        * 20x Cutthroats
            20x Bows, 20x Shields

* Hobgoblin Cutthroats
        * 20x Cutthroats
            20x Bows, 20x Shields

+ Special +

* Bull Centaur Renders
        (Contempt, Fear, Scaly Skin (5+), Stomp, Swiftstride)
        * 7x Bull Centaur Renders
            7x Great Weapons, 7x Shields
        * Standard Bearer
            Gleaming Pennant

Steam Carriage Upgrade

Steam Carriage Upgrade

Steam Carriage Upgrade

* Iron Daemon War Engine
        Hellbound

* Iron Daemon War Engine
        Hellbound

* K'daai Fireborn
        (*, Blazing Body, Bound Fire Daemon, Burning Bright, Fear, Flaming Attacks, Stomp, Unbreakable, Unstable)
        8x K'daai Fireborn, K'daai Manburner

* Magma Cannon
        Steam Carriage Upgrade

* Magma Cannon
        Steam Carriage Upgrade

+ Rare +

* Chaos Siege Giant
        (Fall Over, Immune to Psychology, Large Target, Special Attacks, Stubborn, Terror, Wall Ripper)
        Runes of Hate

* Dreadquake Mortar
        Additional Crew - Slave Ogre, Hellbound, Steam Carriage Upgrade

* Hellcannon

* Hellcannon

* Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders
        Musician, Standard Bearer, Wolf Boss
        * 5x Raiders
            5x Spears

* Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders
        * 5x Raiders
            5x Spears

* K'daai Destroyer

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Admiral - 05-15-2014 02:10 AM

Massive army list. I like it and your character names. How about naming the units as well?

I'm a fan of your Daemonhost K'daai! They look great and are suiting for Chaos Dwarfs.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-16-2014 05:12 AM

Thx Admiral Wink I'm thinking about how to place them on the snow bases the rest of my forces are on. I'm thinking of just scraping the snow away from the base and adding tamiya clear red and yellow. It won't look that great but it will be fast Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Bloodbeard - 05-16-2014 06:00 AM

This gave me a rather good laugh. Promised yourself to not build anything before you've painted 9000 points.

Does one really need anything else having 9000 points?

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Admiral - 05-16-2014 06:11 AM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
This gave me a rather good laugh. Promised yourself to not build anything before you've painted 9000 points.

Does one really need anything else having 9000 points?

One does need 18000 points. Wink

This will be a big army to boot!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-17-2014 02:08 AM

I blame the mantic dwarfs. When i got the supercheap armybox i sat on an immense ammount of core dwarfs... then my bitzbox revealed 100 slaves.... then i thought i need to make some warmachines.... good old bitz box again. Problem is i have no forgeworld stuff.... so once this is all done i have a few more WoC units to finish up and then.... well by that time i'll be looking into the forgeworld stock Wink i've always loved massive games, when we were younger we use to use lego knights to make ranks etc but now... well now i just need to paint Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-17-2014 11:09 PM

Been busy adding the Spyglass telescope, naptha bombs, whip, beard tassels and scale armour to my magic carpet prophet. I got so pumped i went out and bought some real modelling tools! I'll be using them on the next project Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-17-2014 11:14 PM

I also finished off a unit of Infernal Guard and put matt varnish on everything that is painted so far. Still not a legal army with just the Prophet on Bale Taurus, 8 Fireborn and 34 Infernal Guard so i think i'll be painting some more core up... I'm not looking forward to the slave units but i think they will be next....

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-18-2014 08:58 PM

Pumped out 2 magma cannons, crew and 3 infernal guard i left behind in the last batch Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Yodrin - 05-19-2014 01:52 AM

Thats some very cool magmas right there!!!. You army looks very nice, great work!!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Admiral - 05-19-2014 02:47 AM

Agreed to the letter with the Norwegian. Wink

The Magma Cannons looks like experimental contraption from the hands of CD inventors. Nice!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-19-2014 03:53 AM

The Daemonsmiths of Fleet Admiral Kurgan Blackheart have been put to work. Noone wants to mess with Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed...

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 05-19-2014 08:06 AM

Herby Wrote:

And I like this rough and dirty Steampunk colours.

Cheers!

Thank you very much,  rough and dirty is how i roll. When i think of Chaos Dwarfs on the open seas i think of rust... lots of dirty rust Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 08-20-2014 09:24 AM

Got a few more additions to my Chaos Horde. I had an hour to get these bad boys painted and based Wink Well they aren't hobby masterpieces but hey 300pts of Deathshriekers will nail anything Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Yodrin - 08-20-2014 03:55 PM

Wow, niiiiiiceeeee!!!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - RedRaven - 08-20-2014 05:12 PM

Your custom-scratch-built-dakka is top notch. Truly inspiring, thanks for sharing it.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Bloodbeard - 08-21-2014 01:00 AM

Good work ethics to get that many deathshriekers done quickly! A pretty nasty thing to bring into a game.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - tjub - 08-21-2014 02:40 AM

Looks good for the time spent on them. Maybe add a colour on something small to make them pop?

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 08-21-2014 09:52 PM

tjub Wrote:
Looks good for the time spent on them. Maybe add a colour on sorting small to make them pop?

So true, and thanks for being honest. When i started repainting my Chaos forces i was using Red for capes etc... as i have gone through newer units i have definately neglected them. Just 1 extra colour does bring a lot to the model and in the grand scheme of things i could still do the 2nd colour just after the metal drybrush and just before i start throwing washes on... i think you have inspired me again Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Ben Saunders - 08-24-2014 07:04 AM

Nice Deathshriekers indeed. I see that they're based on CSM Havoc Missile Launchers - any other tips on how you built them?

I think the fairly limited colour palette works well too, though perhaps a bit of red or some other spot colour would help them pop more.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 08-25-2014 11:37 PM

took some advice and added an extra colour to my recent batch Wink
Been busy with some more Chaos Dwarf stuff Wink

Great Weapon Infernal Guard block

Sorcerer Prophet on magic carpet. This badboy hangs with warmachines for his 2++ LOS roll then deathsnipes punks as they break my line

Castellan outdoor slaver outfit

Fire daemonsmith

Prophet that rolls with IG sword and board, nice and safe until he miscasts...

Fire daemonsmith

Castellan BSB

"Hobgoblin wolf riders"

"Hobgoblin Khan"

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Admiral - 08-26-2014 06:36 AM

The paintjob is a bit rough, but it's shaping up nicely. Well done! Cheers!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 09-10-2014 08:57 PM

Finished up some 'Fireglaives' and an Earthshaker Cannon today. Puts my painted Chaos Dwarf allies at over 6k Wink Usual fuzzy phone pix and underwhelming paintjobs incoming!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Fuggit Khan - 09-12-2014 11:56 AM

I know I've said it before...but I'm going to say it again: I really love your Earthshaker/Dreadquake mortar. Good to see it with some paint...could you share some more pics of it for us? I would love to see more of all the details you put into it.
It really is a marvelous arcane construct Cheers!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 09-12-2014 10:57 PM

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
I know I've said it before...but I'm going to say it again: I really love your Earthshaker/Dreadquake mortar. Good to see it with some paint...could you share some more pics of it for us? I would love to see more of all the details you put into it.
It really is a marvelous arcane construct Cheers!

Thanks Fuggit Khan, your work has been very inspirational to me so it means a lot Happy i've been taking all the dodgey pix with my phone but i have all the equipment to take real nice photos so i'm going to get onto rephotographing everything. I just finished up my 2 iron daemons so new pix will be up soon Happy

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Doombeard - 09-13-2014 09:48 AM

pls take some nicer pics with good lighting, want to see all the details and cool stuff you have done!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Bloodbeard - 09-13-2014 03:50 PM

Your army is growing pretty large and fast Vantraxx. Good work there. I too would like some better pictures deserves it. But you mobile can do better than it does. Put the miniatures on a sheet (so there's no distracting colour around) and take the pictures outside on in day light. That'll do wonders even for phone photos.

You must have a pretty large Army Medal in there. Mae a legal army list to accompany an army photo, then post a link to Nicodemus. Get your virtual bling.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 09-14-2014 02:24 AM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Get your virtual bling.

I did a few test pix with my iron daemons and the earthshaker.  I'll post them tonight... i'll need a bigger area for the armyshot but i'm working on it Happy

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 09-14-2014 06:45 AM

Here is one of my Iron Daemons. This one will stand in as a Skullcracker if i was to ever use it but it also has guns because hey, they are just better Wink I'm playing around with different ways to take photos so i hope you enjoy my shoddyness up close and personal Wink  

As far as the model itself, well it is a mashup of a lot of different bits. It's not like i don't like the Forgeworld model... that this is brilliant but way too overpriced in my books so i started making 2 Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 09-14-2014 07:34 AM

Here are some more pix of my Earthshaker Cannon.
Bits used to make this one include 40 biker wheels, a pincushion, lots of chains and super glue lids Wink Also, Mitch gave me a limited edition slayer Dwarf that i converted into the extra Ogre crewman (thx Mitch), enjoy!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Admiral - 09-14-2014 07:58 AM

Great warmachine conversions. Happy

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Fuggit Khan - 09-16-2014 02:04 PM

Thank you for sharing more pics with us of your war machines, good to see some close up pics of all the imaginative details.
You have a very interesting style of scratch builds, they really look like a Daemonsmith built them...I love them!
And the red snow is awesome Cheers!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Bloodbeard - 09-16-2014 02:31 PM

That's the way to take photos of aweaome miniatures. Nice!
Have do you do the white background?

Anyway. Good job. Takes some slaves for more red snow.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 09-29-2014 09:02 PM

I picked up some super cheap World of Warcraft minis, i'll be heavily converting and baseing them with my usual dash  of dodgy painting.  I'll be using the one on the left as another Tzeentch disc rider and the next 2 minis will be ogres but the one on the right is going to be another Daemonsmith so i thought i would post it here Wink $6  for 4 minis ftw!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 10-26-2014 07:37 PM

I've been busy over the weekend. Got a chance to basecoat my Slave units. After i had a closer look at the models i realised over 50 of them were infact dwarfs... I decided to break up the new additions so i will end up with 70 slaves to compliment the unit of 100 but i will also gain another unit of 20 Infernal Guard and now a unit of 35 Infernal Ironsworn....

Infernal Guard

More Slaves

Another Daemonsmith

These guys will be my Ironsworn

As things were drying i started base coats on the Destroyer Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Yodrin - 10-27-2014 03:54 AM

Can't wait to see those painted, it's gonna look awesome!!!! And your Destroyer looks very cool!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 11-07-2014 04:37 AM

So here is some army shots of what i have painted so far. I'm keen for an army medal Wink So here is 7k points of pain...

7000pt Legion of Azgorh Roster
Lords  1050pts
Sorcerer-Prophet
Contempt, Daemonsmith, Infernal Engineer, Relentless, Resolute, Sorcerer's Curse
*None - Darkforged Weapon (Darkforged Weapon), Bale Taurus (Blazing Body, Fuelled by Fire, Terror, Flaming Attacks, Large Target, Fly, Thunderstomp, Breath Weapon), Blood of Hashut (one use), Dawnstone, Lore of Hashut, Naptha Bombs, The Mask of the Furnace, Wizard Level 4
Sorcerer-Prophet
Contempt, Daemonsmith, Infernal Engineer, Relentless, Resolute, Sorcerer's Curse

*None - Darkforged Weapon (Darkforged Weapon), Arabyan Carpet, Enchanted Shield, Lore of Death, Naptha Bombs, Talisman of Endurance, Wizard Level 4

Heroes  1120pts
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk
*, Contempt, Fear, Scaly Skin (5+), Stomp, Swiftstride
Armour of Destiny, Great Weapon, Shield

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
*None - Ensorcelled Hand Weapon (Ensorcelled Hand Weapon), Lore of Fire, Wizard Level 1

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
*None - Ensorcelled Hand Weapon (Ensorcelled Hand Weapon), Dispel Scroll, Lore of Metal, Pistol, Wizard Level 2

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
*None - Ensorcelled Hand Weapon (Ensorcelled Hand Weapon), Chalice of Blood & Darkness, Lore of Fire, Wizard Level 2

Hobgoblin Khan
Giant Wolf (Fast Cavalry), Light Armour, Spear (only if mounted), The Terrifying Mask of EEE!

Infernal Castellan
Contempt, Relentless, Resolute, Stubborn
Battle Standard Bearer, Dragonshelm, Shield, Sword of Battle, Talisman of Preservation

Infernal Castellan
Contempt, Relentless, Resolute, Stubborn
Armour of Bazherak the Cruel, Great Weapon, Ironcurse Icon, Luckstone

Core   1768pts
Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard
Contempt, Relentless, Resolute
Deathmask, Musician
35x Infernal
35x Great Weapons
Standard Bearer
Banner of Swiftness

Deathmask, 35x Infernal, Musician, Standard Bearer

Musician
Deathmask
Naptha Bomb
13x Infernal
13x Fireglaives (Fireglaive)

Musician
Deathmask
Naptha Bomb
13x Infernal

Musician
Deathmask
Naptha Bomb
13x Infernal

Rare  1115pts
Chaos Siege Giant
Fall Over, Immune to Psychology, Large Target, Special Attacks, Stubborn, Terror, Wall Ripper

Dreadquake Mortar
Contempt, Firing the Dreadquake, Quake!, Relentless, Resolute, Slow to Reload
Additional Crew - Slave Ogre, Hellbound, Steam Carriage Upgrade

Hellcannon
Caged Fury, Daemonic Construction, Doomfire, Large Target, Monster & Handlers, Terror, Thunderstomp, Unbreakable

Hellcannon
Caged Fury, Daemonic Construction, Doomfire, Large Target, Monster & Handlers, Terror, Thunderstomp, Unbreakable

Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders
Cowardly Despoilers, Fast Cavalry, Hobgoblin Animosity
10x Raiders
10x Spears

Special   1950pts
Bull Centaur Renders
Contempt, Fear, Scaly Skin (5+), Stomp, Swiftstride
5x Bull Centaur Renders
5x Great Weapons, 5x Shields

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

Iron Daemon War Engine
Carriage Hauler, Demolition, Impact Hits (D6+2), Ironhide, Large Target, Lumbering & Unstoppable, Skullcracker, Steam Cannonade, Terror, Unbreakable, Unique Unit Hellbound

Iron Daemon War Engine
Carriage Hauler, Demolition, Impact Hits (D6+2), Ironhide, Large Target, Lumbering & Unstoppable, Skullcracker, Steam Cannonade, Terror, Unbreakable, Unique Unit Hellbound

K'daai Fireborn
*, Blazing Body, Bound Fire Daemon, Burning Bright, Fear, Flaming Attacks, Stomp, Unbreakable, Unstable
8x K'daai Fireborn, K'daai Manburner

Magma Cannon

Magma Cannon

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - TheHoodedMan - 11-07-2014 04:40 AM

The complete look of the army is really unique and quite evilTakes Hat off.
Congratulations!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Bloodbeard - 11-07-2014 09:43 AM

So close to the 8000p mark - could be reached with the new FAQ allwing 50% lords. But that's the sheap way to get it.

It hasn't even been a year since you wrote "I ordered a Mantic Dwarf Army here's my magma cannon WIP". ... Holy Hashut! I'll send some slaves for this feat - amazing.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Admiral - 11-07-2014 09:50 AM

Impressive! That's a good work output and nice result for such quick work. Very good! Cheers!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Fuggit Khan - 11-07-2014 01:53 PM

Shock
Wow! An impressive army!
And every time I see your scratch built Hellcannon, I keep falling more and more in love with it <3

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Yodrin - 11-07-2014 01:56 PM

That's an impressive army of pain! Looks really awesome!! Gratz on you medal to comeWink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 11-07-2014 10:55 PM

Thanks for all the kind words Wink
So many models left though so very far from finished!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Ben Saunders - 11-08-2014 07:38 AM

Nice work on the various war machines.

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed Wrote:
Bits used to make this one include 40 biker wheels, a pincushion, lots of chains and super glue lids

For a minute I was wondering where all the biker wheels had gone, before I realised that should just have been 40k biker wheels, rather than telling us that you used forty of them!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 11-08-2014 11:17 AM

Ben Saunders Wrote:
Nice work on the various war machines.

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed Wrote:
Bits used to make this one include 40 biker wheels, a pincushion, lots of chains and super glue lids

For a minute I was wondering where all the biker wheels had gone, before I realised that should just have been 40k biker wheels, rather than telling us that you used forty of them!

Haha good catch! They are infact 40k bike wheels Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Yodrin - 01-07-2015 03:34 PM

Herby Wrote:
Happy Birthday Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed!

Now you are 33 years old and therefore attained full age!(At least in Shire time reckoning Wink)

Takes Hat off

Yea, happy b-day!!!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - MadHatter - 01-07-2015 10:25 PM

Happy birthday and congratulations on the medal Cheers!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - DAGabriel - 01-08-2015 04:45 AM

Always nice to see given love to those hobgoblins, keep them coming!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-08-2015 05:41 AM

Thanks for the Bday messages Wink

I've been preparing for a massive 30k battle that will be held this Monday. I'll be running Legion of Chaos (21k) and Chaos Dwarfs (9k) vs my mates Legion of Chaos (20k) and Undead Legion (10k). Khaine magic, full on backyard cheesehammer. I've been super busy preparing and painting as much as possible before the final conflict. I've built quite a few new bits for the CD's but I haven't posted anything because my mate cruises these forums and i don't want him to know what i've been preparing for him hehe Let us just say there will be some serious artillery going off in this battle...

I'll take a bunch of pix and post a summery when it's all done. It's going to be seriously epic. The warmachines of Hashut will bring them to their knees. Best alliance ever imo Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - MadHatter - 01-08-2015 07:00 AM

30k?!

Please do post pictures man, will look epic, gonna run ET magic?

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-08-2015 07:18 AM

MadHatter Wrote:
30k?!

Please do post pictures man, will look epic, gonna run ET magic?

Yeah 100% Khaine magic is designed for this sort of conflict imo. All the different casters have all the spells from their lores so it is easy to start without having to write down and remember which wizard has which spell. Also the D6 roll for casting/dispelling will make the magic phase more dynamic rather than run up, Choir bomb/Purple Sun/win

Plenty of pix for sure. My army is almost totally painted as well, not to the standard seen elsewhere on CDO but to my own super fast bit dodgy standard! I wanted everything painted but i think i'll run into some snares before Monday... just a millioon gobbo slaves, Valkia, 2 daemonsmiths and bits of a troll horde that need paint... Oh and the rest of a Destroyer... and  some Ironsworn... ah bugger i guess i do have a few more models to paint hehe... almost go their though Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-15-2015 08:52 PM

So... 30K on each side is big... real big. We spent the night before setting up tables and a big tarpaulin to protect us from the comming storms... Sydney in Summer is pretty crazy. It goes from 32 degrees and blue sky to thunderstorms and heavy rain... anyway. In the morning we started setting up. We started at 8am and we finished deployment at 2pm.... not a great start hehe 6 hours of bringing models onto the battlefield.. gee wiz it was hectic! I totally stuffed up my deployment as we rushed to just get started... tactics were never a big part of the battle but every plan i had went out the window so we can just fit everything on the board. 16' x 4' just got our armies on the battlefield. Here are some pix:

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-15-2015 08:53 PM

Ready for battle!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-15-2015 08:55 PM

So with 6 hours of deployment we realised we wouldn't get a full 6 turns in hehe
We actually only managed our first turns and then i had a second turn and then we called it quits... It was around midnight at that point and we had to start packing up which took a few more hours Wink
At that point my big guns did basically nothing, Archaeon and his retinue were in combat with 150 skellies and my mate had devastated me with his opening magic phase... The battle wasn't really even started yet but it was mega fun Wink
I'll write up some more stuff when i get a chance Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Yodrin - 01-16-2015 04:03 AM

HOLY SH...T, thats a lot of models!!!! My grope have tried 15k on each side, and did not finish, but 30k is insane!!! I guess you have to have an ongoing game to finis this size of battle. Great pics!!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 01-21-2015 10:52 PM

Thx Yodrin!

I think if we had a few mates together it would have run a little faster Wink Cause it was just the 2 of us it took forever!

Here is the list i used, The LoA troops are down the end:

This is the armylist i used for my 30k battle

The Dark Host of Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed

++ Legions of Chaos - 8thBRB Glottkin (End Times) ++

+ Lords +

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed (Archaon) [AB - The Armour of Morkar, AB - The Crown of Domination, AB - The Eye of Sheerian, AB - The Slayer of Kings, Dorghar, Lore of Death, Wizard Level 2]

Bloodthirster [2x Lesser Gifts]

Chaos Lord [Mark of Khorne, Shield]
Magic Items [BRB - Potion of Foolhardiness, BRB - Seed of Rebirth, BRB - Sword of Strife, WoC - Helm of Many Eyes]
Manticore
Manticore [Iron Hard Skin, Venom Tail]

Chaos Lord [Chaos Dragon, Mark of Tzeentch]
Chaos Mutations & Powers [Third Eye of Tzeentch]
Magic Items [BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Talisman of Endurance, WoC - Hellfire Sword]

Chaos Lord [Chaos Dragon, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield]
Magic Items [BRB - Armour of Destiny, BRB - Ogre Blade]

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [Barded Chaos Steed, Lore of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch, Wizard Level 3]
Chaos Mutations & Powers [Unholy Strike]
Magic Items [BRB - Crown of Command, BRB - Obsidian Lodestone, BRB - Sword of Striking]

Daemon Prince (WoC) [Chaos armour, Daemon of Slaanesh, Daemonic Flight, Lore of Slaanesh, Wizard Level 4]
Chaos Mutations & Powers [Flaming Breath, Scaled Skin, Soul Feeder]
Magic Items [BRB - Charmed Shield, BRB - Dragonbane Gem, BRB - The Other Trickster's Shard]

Daemon Prince (WoC) [Chaos armour, Daemon of Nurgle, Daemonic Flight, Lore of Death, Wizard Level 4]
Chaos Mutations & Powers [Burning Body]
Magic Items [BRB - Dragonhelm]

Doombull [Heavy Armour, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield]
Magic Items [Beastmen - Ramhorn Helm, BRB - Dawnstone, BRB - Sword of Swift Slaying, Gnarled Hide]

Festus Empowered (End Times - Glottkin) [AB - Pestilent Potions, Lore of Nurgle, Wizard Level 3]

Great Bray-Shaman [Lore of Beasts, Mark of Slaanesh, Wizard Level 3]
Magic Items [Beastmen - Hagtree Fetish, Shadow-Hide]

Gutrot Spume (End Times - Glottking)

Kholek Suneater (FAQ'ed) [AB - Starcrusher]

Lord of Change [2x Lesser Gifts, Lore of Tzeentch, Wizard Level 4]

Orghotts Daemonspew (End Times - Glottkin) [The Rotaxes]

Valkia the Bloody [AB - Daemonshield, AB - The Scarlet Armour, AB - The Spear Slaupnir]

Vilitch the Curseling [AB - Vessel of Chaos, Lore of Tzeentch, Wizard Level 4]

+ Heroes +

Bray-Shaman [Lore of Shadow, Mark of Slaanesh, Wizard Level 1]
Magic Items [BRB - Dispel Scroll]

Bray-Shaman [Lore of Shadow, Mark of Slaanesh, Wizard Level 1]
Magic Items [Beastmen - Shard of the Herdstone]

Chaos Sorcerer [Disc of Tzeentch, Lore of Metal, Mark of Tzeentch, Wizard Level 2]

Chaos Sorcerer [Lore of Slaanesh, Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh, Wizard Level 2]
Magic Items [BRB - Opal Amulet, BRB - Power Stone]

Exalted Hero [Battle Standard Bearer, Great weapon, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield]
Daemonic Mount
Daemonic Mount [Barding]
Magic Items [BRB - Ironcurse Icon, BRB - Talisman of Preservation]

Exalted Hero [Disc of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield]
Magic Items [BRB - Sword of Might]

Exalted Hero [Disc of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield]
Magic Items [BRB - Sword of Battle]

Gorebull [Mark of Tzeentch, Shield]
Magic Items [Beastmen - Blackened Plate, BRB - Talisman of Protection]

Scyla Anfingrimm [AB - Brass Collar of Khorne]

The Masque of Slaanesh

Throgg [AB - The Wintertooth Crown]

+ Core +

Chaos Chariot [Mark of Khorne]

Chaos Chariot [Mark of Nurgle]

Chaos Warhounds - WoC
5x Chaos Warhound [5x Vanguard special rule]

Chaos Warhounds - WoC

Chaos Warhounds - WoC

Chaos Warhounds - WoC

Chaos Warhounds - WoC

Chaos Warriors [Champion, Musician]
50x Chaos Warrior [50x Halberds, 50x Mark of Nurgle, 50x Shields]
Standard Bearer [BRB - Banner of Eternal Flame]

Chaos Warriors [Champion, Musician]
50x Chaos Warrior [50x Halberds, 50x Mark of Khorne, 50x Shields]
Standard Bearer [BRB - Banner of Swiftness]

Forsaken
18x Forsaken [18x Forsaken of Slaanesh]

Marauder Horsemen [Musician]
5x Marauder Horsemen [5x Flails, 5x Javelins, 5x Mark of Slaanesh]

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch [Lore of Tzeentch, 10x Pink Horror of Tzeentch, Wizard Level 1]

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch [Lore of Tzeentch, 10x Pink Horror of Tzeentch, Wizard Level 1]

Throgg's Chaos Trolls
16x Chaos Troll [16x Additional hand weapons]

Throgg's Chaos Trolls
17x Chaos Troll [17x Additional hand weapons]

Ungor Raiders
5x Ungor Raider [5x Mark of Slaanesh]

Ungor Raiders

Ungor Raiders

+ Rare +

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth [Great weapons]

Ghorgon

Mutalith Vortex Beast

Mutalith Vortex Beast

Skull Cannon of Khorne

Skull Cannon of Khorne

Skullcrushers of Khorne [Champion, Musician]
8x Skullcrusher [8x Ensorcelled weapons]
Standard Bearer [WoC - Banner of Rage (Khorne only)]

+ Special +

Chaos Furies
5x Chaos Fury [5x Daemons of Khorne]

Chaos Furies
5x Chaos Fury [5x Daemons of Khorne]

Chaos Knights [Champion, Musician]
14x Chaos Knight [14x Ensorcelled weapons, 14x Mark of Tzeentch]
Standard Bearer [WoC - Blasted Standard (Tzeentch only)]

Chaos Knights [Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer]
10x Chaos Knight [10x Ensorcelled weapons, 10x Mark of Khorne]

Chaos Warshrine [Mark of Khorne]

Chaos Warshrine [Mark of Tzeentch]

Chimera [Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh, Venomous Ooze]

Chosen [Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer]
38x Chosen [38x Mark of Nurgle, 38x Shields]

Dragon Ogres [Champion]
5x Dragon Ogre [5x Great weapons]

Flesh Hounds of Khorne
8x Flesh Hound of Khorne [8x Ambushers]

Gorebeast Chariot [Mark of Khorne]

Gorebeast Chariot [Mark of Khorne]

Gorebeast Chariot [Mark of Nurgle]

Hellstriders of Slaanesh [Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer]
9x Hellstrider [9x Hellscourges]

Putrid Blightkings (End Times - Glottkin) [Champion, Musician, 5x Putrid Blightking, Standard Bearer]

++ Chaos Dwarfs LoA - 8thBRB (Standard) ++

+ Lords +

Drazhoath the Ashen, Prophet of Hashut

Sorcerer-Prophet
Sorcerer-prophet [BRB - Arabyan Carpet, BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Talisman of Preservation, Level 4 Wizard, Lore of Hashut]

+ Heroes +

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
Deamonsmith Sorcerer [AB - Chalice of Blood and Darkness, Level 1 Wizard, Lore of Fire]

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
Deamonsmith Sorcerer [BRB - Dispel Scroll, Level 1 Wizard, Lore of Fire]

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
Deamonsmith Sorcerer [Level 1 Wizard, Lore of Fire]

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
Deamonsmith Sorcerer [Level 1 Wizard, Lore of Fire]

Hobgoblin Khan
Hobgoblin Khan [BRB - Shrieking Blade, Giant Wolf , Shield ]

Hobgoblin Khan
Hobgoblin Khan [BRB - Gold Sigil Sword, Giant Wolf , Shield ]

Hobgoblin Khan
Hobgoblin Khan [Giant Wolf , Shield , Spear ]

Hobgoblin Khan
Hobgoblin Khan [Giant Wolf , Shield , Spear ]

Infernal Castellan
Infernal Castellan [AB - The Mask of the Furnace, Battle Standard Bearer , BRB - Ironcurse Icon, Shield]

Infernal Castellan
Infernal Castellan [AB - Black Hammer of Hashut, BRB - Dawnstone, BRB - Dragonhelm, BRB - Potion of Foolhardiness, Shield]

+ Core +

Hobgoblin Cutthroats [Murder Boss, Musician, Standard Bearer]
20x Hobgoblin Cutthroat [20x Bow, 20x Shields]

Infernal Guard [Musician, Standard Bearer]
Deathmask [Naptha Bombs]
30x Infernal [30x Fireglave ]

Deathmask [Naptha Bombs]

Deathmask [Naptha Bombs]

+ Special +

Infernal Ironsworn [Deathmask, 30x Infernal Ironsworn, Musician, Standard Bearer]
Magic Standard - 50pts max [AB - Banner of Slavery]

Iron Deamon War Engine [Hellbound, Steam Cannonade]

Iron Deamon War Engine [Hellbound, Steam Cannonade]

K'daai Fireborn [8x K'daai Fireborn]

Magma Cannon

Magma Cannon

+ Rare +

Chaos Siege Giant [Chaos Siege Giant]

Dreadquake Mortar [Hellbound , Slave Ogre ]

Hellcannon

Hellcannon

Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders [Musician ]
5x Hobgoblin Wolf Raider [5x Spears ]

Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders [Musician ]
5x Hobgoblin Wolf Raider [5x Spears ]

K'daai Destroyer [K'daai Destroyer]

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 10-08-2018 01:38 AM

Finally i am back! Played a few games of AOS and i'm totally pumped, here is a little WIP Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Admiral - 10-08-2018 04:09 AM

Nice! Welcome back, Thrice-Cursed. I like the bold green ornamental parts of that Dwarf Lord of Chaos. Takes Hat off

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 10-08-2018 11:01 AM

Ahoj Admiraaaal!

I've been inspired big time with the new AOS rules. Pity they are so bland but at least there is a working army... we lost all our slaves dammit! This has inspired me to enter the Golden Hat this year. I'm an absolute fanatic but my painting and modeling skills are quite dodgy to say the least. I also build armies from old broken bits and scratch built stuff.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Uther the unhinged - 10-08-2018 11:07 AM

Welcome bacl Vantraxx. What a fantastic blog. I absolutely love your scratch builds! Awesome 30k battle .I guess it has taken this long to put them away.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 10-08-2018 11:20 AM

It's all good, just keen to make, paint and deploy the model now Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Uther the unhinged - 10-08-2018 05:42 PM

Your flaming Taurus does sound cool. I’m seeing a great bulls head battering ram full of flame like the wolf one in Return of the King.
Of course I don’t have to build it....

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Willmark - 10-21-2018 03:32 PM

As a big fan of scratch-building, I approve this blog! Wink

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 11-09-2018 03:28 AM

I have a 6k team battle lined up at my place. AOS Order vs Chaos. I'll be teaming with dirty Skaven. We will be facing a lot of elves and probably stormcast.
My army will be 3k. My partner will be running huge units of slaves...
We will be fighting take and hold.
My army is:
Bull Centaur hero with grotesque and gryth feather charm
Drazhoath
Daemonsmith with armour of Bazarak the cruel
Chaos Sorcerer lord
X4 units of 10 fireglaives
X3 magma cannons
x1 Deathshrieker
Skullcracker
Iron daemon
12 fireborn
Chaos war mammoth
Shackels
Artillery train warscroll

Can't wait to mess up some elves!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Abecedar - 11-09-2018 04:03 AM

Shoot some for me.  They are pretty scarce around here lately

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 11-19-2018 10:14 PM

So i forgot to submit my Golden Hat... but i have pix Wink just miss the date because of a hectic work schedule... all good though! It inspired me to make 2 awesome models for the battle i mentioned above... pix and quick rundown are up next!

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 11-26-2018 09:09 AM

Ok finally... here is my Golden Hat!

I call it the Flaming Taurus.... It is the ultimate battering ram... designed to destroy castle walls down, they call him in when the enemy siege lines must be broken.... I built him for the game i mentioned above... it was an awesome game. We lost... but my mammoth charged a unit of Dark Elf Executioners and was killed before he could strike! I didn't realise the unit were buffed Executioners who proc x2 mortal wounds on a 5+ to hit because of buffs.... Aaaarrgghh... next time! He did cause 26 mortal wounds on units he fell on so it wasn't all that bad...

Being on a strict hobby budget forced me to find a $25 elephant and convert the shit out of it.... Here are some WIP pix:

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 11-26-2018 09:09 AM

Ok finally... here is my Golden Hat!

I call it the Flaming Taurus.... It is the ultimate battering ram... designed to destroy castle walls down, they call him in when the enemy siege lines must be broken.... I built him for the game i mentioned above... it was an awesome game. We lost... but my mammoth charged a unit of Dark Elf Executioners and was killed before he could strike! I didn't realise the unit were buffed Executioners who proc x2 mortal wounds on a 5+ to hit because of buffs.... Aaaarrgghh... next time! He did cause 26 mortal wounds on units he fell on so it wasn't all that bad...

Being on a strict hobby budget forced me to find a $25 elephant and convert the shit out of it.... Here are some WIP pix:

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Uther the unhinged - 11-26-2018 01:51 PM

Glorious mammoth! I love him and the wizard on his back. I am really jealous in a good way! Great imagination and construction. I feel inspired. So add mammoth to the ever lengthening jobs list.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Abecedar - 11-27-2018 02:02 AM

Poor Heffalump, his nose is all tied up.

Great work.

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn. - Admiral - 11-27-2018 06:04 AM

Nice! Big build. All the chains and the whinch on top add a lot to it, as do the shields. Great one, Vantraxx! Cheers!