CDO Forums
[14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Hobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Army Blogs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: [14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner (/showthread.php?tid=15003)

[14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - Parish - 10-22-2014 07:21 PM

Dear Dawi Zharr, my friends!

Always wandering around, I finally took some time to paint my first miniature ever ! (And damn that was long! I am a very poor and slow painter Sad ! )

I thought it would be cool to share a bit of my slow progress and have some critics from you guys!

If some of you quite enjoy my painting I will definitely try to keep alive this post Big Grin

If you like earth, mushrooms, tea leaves it is the right place !!
In addition I will only be painting 2nd, 3rd editions and some Forge World minis !

Less talks, here comes the pictures ! (sorry for the poor quality)

More pictures here !

http://imgur.com/a/xfZ92

Fangs, Hornes, Hooves, I quite like the recipe !
I tried to give him a "cow" feeling, I'm not sure if it really worked actually^^ but I quite like it !

Anyway see you guys!

2017 Image Salvage

RE: [10/23/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Fuggit Khan - 10-22-2014 07:54 PM

Parish Wrote:
Always wandering around, I finally took some time to paint my first miniature ever !

This is your first painted miniature ever? Wow! It's impressive...very well done!
And painting your centaur as a holstein cattle cow is awesome Cheers!
I absolutely love that!

RE: [10/23/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Helblindi - 10-23-2014 01:16 AM

Wow, you may be slow, but the result is brilliant! And the cow-pattern is hilarious Happy

RE: [10/23/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Yodrin - 10-23-2014 01:44 AM

He looks awesome!! I like the colcor scheme and its very well executed. Though the cow motiv iss  funny and well done, I think I would skip, but thats just my opinion.....

LF to see more painted minis from u...Happy

RE: [10/23/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - TheHoodedMan - 10-23-2014 02:07 AM

Looks awesome especially for the first model. You didn`t pick an easy choice. The cow pattern is rather unique. Keep going!

RE: [10/23/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Bloodbeard - 10-23-2014 02:12 AM

Parish Wrote:
And damn that was long! I am a very poor and slow painter

Poor painter? That would be what I call an understatement - the result is awesome!

It's a bold choice to give him those large spots, but I really like the result.

How have you done the mushrooms? I'm about to start a slow project wood elf army. And bases are important to me, so I'm really trying to get inspiration. I'll be using a lot of Herbes de Provence for leaves - but perhaps tea is better.

RE: [10/23/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Admiral - 10-23-2014 02:42 AM

Many wargamers don't paint that good after a decade in the hobby, and that's your first painted miniature? Shock

Great first, you're off to a good start then!

RE: [10/23/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Parish - 10-23-2014 01:27 PM

Hello guys !

So happy to receive such comments guys ! I really appreciate them Happy

For the mushrooms a very good step by step can be found here. (it is in french but the pictures really make the process understandable)
http://anakron.fr/site/index.php/l-atelier/tutoriels/item/sculpter-des-champignons

And yep until now I was just collecting and had hardly no time to paint anything Sad.

I should make a unit of 3 so watch out for the next one !(coming in january most likely xD)

RE: [10/23/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Admiral - 10-23-2014 01:51 PM

Haha, you also decorate bases with mushrooms? I didn't notice first, because of cow. My brother have invented a simpler and quicker method where the foot of the mushroom is just a paper clip, L-bent at bottom to be pinned into the base, and the hat is a cone (sometimes wavy) of grey stuff. He churn them out at great speed for his Night Gobbos, but some more professional ones like yours sure would make it look better. I'll pass on the tutorial to him. Nice one, too. Happy

RE: [10/23/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Parish - 11-24-2014 04:48 PM

Hi guys !

Some News from the forest! Hooves and hornes are digging the fresh hearth for tasty mushrooms !

Here is the second bull of my unit of 3 !

I made some changes on it such as the two handed weapon, made with plastic card and milliput, for the staff I used a nail which I chopped off the flat head. Regarding the left arm, I used a basic ogre arm.

PICTURES: !

TADAMTakes Hat off

More pictures here:

http://imgur.com/a/I77fi

Hope you will enjoy it guys !
I enjoyed a lot painting him! But It took me a lot of time as usual and I am making no progress regarding the constitution of a 1k Chaos dwarf armySad
I think it's a 25 years long project :p

Watch out for the last one coming probably in February Wink

RE: [11/24/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Ben Saunders - 11-24-2014 05:02 PM

Nice idea using a nail as a haft.

Don't worry about how long these are taking you; they put my current efforts to shame, let alone my early attempts at painting.

RE: [11/24/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Yodrin - 11-25-2014 02:50 AM

Again, awesome work!!!!

RE: [11/24/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Mivrash Faz - 11-25-2014 11:04 AM

Excellent work. I really like your technique. To be honest I prefer the second BC. The colours are less muted than the first BC providing some subtle contrasts. Look forward to seeing some of your other miniatures.

RE: [11/24/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Doombeard - 11-25-2014 02:46 PM

Really nice painting! Face is beautiful and the metals are nice!

RE: [11/24/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - TheHoodedMan - 11-26-2014 05:06 AM

Its an awesome paint job and a great build as well, especially the left arm, although the axe is a simpler design as usual for the forge world chaos dwarfs. But I think when the unit is completed that won`t be a problem on the table because of the stunning overall look.

RE: [11/24/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Parish - 11-26-2014 01:09 PM

Hello Guys !

Thanks a lot for you feedback!

First of all yep, regarding the weapon I wanted to paint some runes but I quickly realised that I was not skilled enough to paint something cool so I just skipped this step. The same for some ornements I didn't feel like I could do something, and for my second miniature I wanted to achieve something "okish", I mean within the frame of the "achievable" so put aside the crazy ideas I had.

Yeah the Cow pattern might be a bit controversial Big Grin
The Idea was, let them look awesome but "friendly" as well :p
I really felt it could make them less "serious" more "ridiculous". I realy love them, not the best painting ever but in hands they look cool :p
I already see my cows crushing and smashing lines, quite a funy perspective I think haha!

Anyway It's a pleasure to see that some of you quite enjoy them or even take time to comment Happy

RE: [11/24/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - tjub - 11-27-2014 01:34 AM

Superb looking bulls you got there!

RE: [11/24/2014] Parish first works ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Parish - 12-30-2014 08:20 PM

Hello Guys !

Last creation of the year but happy that I finally got rid of it!

Lots of mistakes, I went "quite fast" on it at the end, and messed up lot of stuff, but still I'm glad to have my first painted unit ever !! (youhou)Takes Hat off

I really got inspired by some members here, and I am thankful to them and to everybody else contributing to the forum!

So, I wanted to make my final bull wielding a two handed weapon so as to have a coherent unit.

Therefore, I had to convert a bit the dude. Hopefully the Forge world resin is easy to fix and cut.
For the conversion, I heated a bit up the right arm on the elbow. Unfortunately, it broke when I kept it bent with my finger. (Some green stuff + mili was enough to fill the gap)

Another minor issue occurred, the beard is really big and I had to resize it under the arm, as well as to reshape both hands. (So you can't see it but there is an "invisible" whole", when you have the miniature in hands, the position just suggests that the beard has been squeezed between his right hand and his chest.)

Everything is from the original BC bar the weapon, which looks really odd I agree Shock. Like the last one, I made a quite simple weapon that does not really fit to our "lore" but my skills are quite limited. Once again, the blade is made of miliput plus greenstuff and plastic card. The pole is made of "solid" wire that I wrapped up with some "thin" layer of green stuff. The weapon looks crappy but on overall the position is really dynamic and I love him !

Here is some pics of the dear !

More pictures here:
http://imgur.com/a/ozxJ7

Some pictures of the unified crew :3

More pictures here:
http://imgur.com/a/2ohgA

Really hope you will enjoy him guys and for those of you that are scared of cutting their precious FW miniatures, well.... Try it Big Grin

Happy new year everybody Cheers!

RE: [12/31/2014] Parish first Unit  ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Abecedar - 12-31-2014 01:14 AM

Beautiful unit.  The "cow" skin works well.  Its different and thats OK.  You like it so do it.

RE: [12/31/2014] Parish first Unit  ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - DAGabriel - 12-31-2014 03:36 AM

Great start, keep them coming!
Most promising first unit.

RE: [12/31/2014] Parish first Unit  ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Yodrin - 12-31-2014 05:23 AM

Not a fan of the cow look, but otherwise they look awesome and great bases!!

RE: [12/31/2014] Parish first Unit  ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Parish - 01-02-2015 12:56 PM

Hi guys !

Thank you very much for the support !

I know that the cow pattern might look odd, and still I would have done the same if I had to!
At least they will be kinda unique !

Next will be a 25 Infernal dwarf unit composed of Forge World and 1st plus 2nd editions CDs with a rather cool unit filler with "huge" mushrooms !

I'm Looking forward to being done with it  !

RE: [12/31/2014] Parish first Unit  ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Admiral - 01-08-2015 03:37 AM

Mooo! Great conversion, great paintjob, great Bull Centaur unit. Happy new year!

RE: [12/31/2014] Parish first Unit  ! Mushrooms, hooves and hornes - Parish - 01-10-2015 03:08 PM

Hello guys !

Here is my standard bearer !

The idea is not crazy but I thought it was pretty cool!

It might not be visible but the miniature looks weird because I used too much undercoat at the end Sad

I think it looks ok on the front but weird on the back. Being on the first line might help me forget it I guess !

More pictures here:
http://imgur.com/a/rFjeC

Hope you'll like him !

Parish

RE: [01/10/2015] Parish first Hero ! Mushrooms and Hornes - Yodrin - 01-10-2015 03:33 PM

I think it looks cool, and the colors is great imo!! Great work Wink

RE: [01/10/2015] Parish first Hero ! Mushrooms and Hornes - Admiral - 01-12-2015 05:52 AM

Excellent standard bearer! The dark colours reminds me Starcraft I Terrans, and like Blizzard you've pulled off the very dark colours with the right kind of highlights. Well done, sir!

RE: [01/10/2015] Parish first Hero ! Mushrooms and Hornes - TheHoodedMan - 01-12-2015 06:16 AM

A good idea to place the standard on the backpack! Very nice painted also.
I`ve a litte doubt if he stands out a little in a game when background is darker and other models are around. Would be nice to see if this works some time Cheers!.

RE: [01/10/2015] Parish first Hero ! Mushrooms and Hornes - Parish - 01-13-2015 05:55 PM

Hello guys !

Thank you a lot for the feedback !!

Yep I paint with quite dark colours, mainly brown and black without flashy colours like common CD's with lava base.

It is true the pictures are quite poor sorry !

Here is the brother !

I hope you'll enjoy it !
The recipe is pretty the same without messing up the last undercoat !

Quite happy with the result !

More pictures here:
http://imgur.com/a/8R9sU

Once again thank you a lot for your kind feedback and your support guys !

I guess I will be making up my own Background of a CD's host lost in a "magical" Night Goblin forest where time and space is overwhelmed by magic winds... Having my army lost in those woods for decades now and trying to find their way back to Zhar Naggrund with a tremendous loot of ores, gold and slaves ! Still... they are lost and forgotten by their own kin where centuries in your world are just minutes for those trapped in this forest !

(Yeah nothing new haha)

Parish

RE: [01/13/2015] Dark Brothers ! Mushrooms and Hornes - Forgefire - 01-13-2015 06:00 PM

Really cool. Love the murky earth tones and the mushrooms!

RE: [01/13/2015] Dark Brothers ! Mushrooms and Hornes - Helblindi - 01-14-2015 02:32 AM

I think the mushroom is ok. Paintjob is awesome. The look dark and dirty, but the painting looks very clean, so nice work! I especially love how the horn on the last one's back turned out.

RE: [01/13/2015] Dark Brothers ! Mushrooms and Hornes - Yodrin - 01-14-2015 03:18 PM

Again a great mini all the way.... I guess its a shield on his back with horns.... great idea!!

RE: [01/13/2015] Dark Brothers ! Mushrooms and Hornes - Admiral - 01-14-2015 03:34 PM

So cool! You've mastered the dark and gritty take on CDs. It's a very hard one to pull off, but you've managed it with flying colours.

RE: [01/13/2015] Dark Brothers ! Mushrooms and Hornes - Fuggit Khan - 01-14-2015 05:58 PM

Admiral Wrote:
You've mastered the dark and gritty take on CDs. It's a very hard one to pull off, but you've managed it with flying colours.

Yep, these are my thoughts as well...you really have a great sense of dark and gritty colors, and despite being so 'dark' they scream out with a vivid look all their own. The blending of the dark tones is masterful
Takes Hat off

RE: [01/13/2015] Dark Brothers ! Mushrooms and Hornes - Parish - 01-15-2015 06:06 PM

Woah Shock

Thank you a lot guys, really happy to have positive feedback !

I use dried tea leaves (mainly from industrial tea bags since they are really thin), I then mix them with some wooden glue put them on the base, I use a hair drier to make the process quicker and add another layer of glue + leaves.

For the painting I don't know how to describe it, I am terribly slow and basicaly keep highliting and shading with a mixture of brown/green, and some purple at the end. I also add black and white dots to add some "texture".

They look "dark and dirty" since I use a paint called "smoke", the texture is very strange so if you try it for the first time do it on surface you can easily clean.

But still happy to see that something different from lava and rocks please some of you ^^ !

Some  CDs renegade will be coming next to fill the unit (with the same process) !

RE: [01/13/2015] Dark Brothers ! Mushrooms and Hornes - Parish - 02-12-2015 07:06 PM

Hi guys !

Worked a bit during the last couple of weeks !

Here are the outcomes :

I hope you will like them !

Master of Madness:

Khazek Doomlord:

Pulper Spikehead:

The 3 lads:

First line ready !

More pictures here:

http://imgur.com/a/krzqw

Any suggestions/comments are welcome !

Thanks guys !

Regards

RE: [02/13/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - gIL^ - 02-12-2015 09:03 PM

Nice work!

RE: [02/13/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - Abecedar - 02-12-2015 10:32 PM

I finally found an artists drawing of a Bull centaur I thought you might enjoy

RE: [02/13/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - Scar - 02-13-2015 03:38 AM

Nice work here!
And that bullcent art is very nice indeed!
The smoke is glossy so i take it you varnish them with satin when its dry?

RE: [02/13/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - TheHoodedMan - 02-13-2015 03:43 AM

Mixing the renegades with the FW Models is a top idea and this blog keeps getting more and more interesting.Cheers!
How big to you plan that unit?

@Abecedar: Great Artwork. I`m sure nobody wants to get hammered by that club Shock.

RE: [02/13/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - Yodrin - 02-13-2015 07:17 AM

His upper body is awesome, but maybe to much of a cow look on the bottom not enough muscles, but it looks great overall nonetheless.

Great find BTW!!!

RE: [02/13/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - Parish - 02-13-2015 12:59 PM

@Abecedar !

Actually I decided to go for the cow pattern for my Bull centaurs after I stumbled on that artwork :p Just love it Big Grin. My dudes look much less badass though !

@Scar.
Not, I use Mat varnish, But (and it might be stupid I don't know) I always add some dots of aluminium mat (from Prince August), it is even brighter and clearer than the "mithril" paint from GW. It gives more contrast I guess after the smoke. Still in hands they do not look that "shiny or glossy".

@Theghooded !

I'm planing on painting the whole renegade unit + adding my two FW dudes so as to get a 10 strong boyz unit.
Being really low and having not played the game since 2002, I'm targeting a 500pts army.

Basically 5 more renegades, 1 converted FW daemonsmith, and 25 hobgolins (being based on mushrooms I bought nightgoblins and prepared a couple of mushrooms as unit fillers. !

RE: [02/13/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - Admiral - 02-13-2015 02:34 PM

That's a front rank to be proud of. It also goes to show that you can mix models from the same faction of very different styles with the right colour scheme. Just how I like it. That variety adds to the wild "chaotic" bit of Chaos Dwarfs. Wink

Extremely nice painting... including the mushrooms! Also, The brighter colour parts on the Master of Madness in particular complements the darker, metallic colours very well.

@Abecedar: Nice artwork-find!

RE: [02/13/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - sam585 - 02-13-2015 08:01 PM

I demand an army of these fine Cdwarfs! They look good, mushrooms add a lot to them, for some explainable reason Happy

RE: [02/13/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - Bloodbeard - 02-14-2015 12:02 AM

Beautiful oldies you have there. The bases and the white cape are excellent.

RE: [03/23/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - Parish - 03-23-2015 07:10 PM

Hi guys !!

Back with some dirty, crappy shitty photos of my BEAUTIFUL minis !

Just kidding it might be the other way around :p
(for real the miniatures are okish in hands !!)

So I have been quite productive for the past two weeks AND I'm done with my first 500 pts xD.

To me it's like a dam huge achievement, but when I see that some of you have 2k+ of painted miniatures I feel desperate haha

Additional pictures and close-up:
http://imgur.com/a/CFVG8

I hope you will quite enjoy them as much as I enjoyed painting them !

The renegades are really beautiful miniatures the Perrys' brothers did an awesome job !!!

Next one will be: a converted sorcerer (different FW parts) or a converted castellan (based on Belegar) !

Comments and criticism are always welcome !!

Regards

RE: [03/23/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - sam585 - 03-23-2015 07:47 PM

Very gritty, well done : )

RE: [03/23/2015] The Master of Madness and more mushrooms ! - Abecedar - 03-23-2015 10:41 PM

Nicely dark, though I personally prefer some contrast between differing materials.
The eyes on "Mad Marik Trollbiter" show up really well

RE: [03/23/2015] Chaos Dwarves Renegades and more mushrooms ! - Ben Saunders - 03-24-2015 04:20 PM

I don't really have much to say, but you have done a nice job with those classic miniatures. It's funny how well they fit in, whereas the big hats that were in between these two ranges stick out like a sore thumb. (Perhaps it would be interesting to see what they would look like with a similar paint scheme, rather than bright red.)

RE: [03/23/2015] Chaos Dwarves Renegades and more mushrooms ! - Yodrin - 03-24-2015 04:31 PM

Awesome unit, very well done!!!

RE: [03/23/2015] Chaos Dwarves Renegades and more mushrooms ! - Doombeard - 03-24-2015 05:27 PM

Yeah its a shame the big hats don't fit in so well, I'd still love a unit of blunderbusses just for shits and giggles with my all helms/masks army. I'm more tempted to go with Vanilla Marauder Thunderers though I think as I love those mini's too. I'm doing the same kind of thing as you so far I have LOTR/Hobbit, 3rd ed and FW models.
The dark color scheme is really nice on the individuals, just not sure how a whole army will look, think they will get lost a bit in the darkness, but that could be a cool thing, one big dark mass of shapes. I like the way you broke up the dark armor with some splashes of light here and there. I would go for a 3 color scheme if you can. So dark metallic black, white and one other

RE: [03/23/2015] Chaos Dwarves Renegades and more mushrooms ! - Parish - 03-24-2015 06:52 PM

Hello guys !

Thank you a lot for the feedbacks !

In hands they look indeed very dark but still the colors are quite different than on theses pictures.

However I guess that you are right. With such a paint scheme everything might be "melting" somehow since nothing really stands out and it might not look that great at the end, unlike Skink army based on bright/shiny colors.
So I'll probably go for a different technique on a character and will see if it's still coherent with the army.

I thought the FW were fine but I like that you guys are not all enjoying it and would love to have some suggestions on wich miniature I could include.

Maybe I can put some D3 or C16 CDs in it.

RE: [03/23/2015] Chaos Dwarves Renegades and more mushrooms ! - Admiral - 03-25-2015 02:36 AM

You've mastered a dark and monochromatic painting style, which isn't easy. It looks splendid! Loving the mix of models old and new.

RE: [03/23/2015] WIPs and more mushrooms ! - Parish - 04-02-2015 04:38 PM

Hello guys !

I don't have so much time to paint! And won't have any in the near futur!

But I wanted to show you some of my "Work in progress" Castellan and Sorcerer.

The Castelland is made of Belegar. I just resculpted the beard, erased all the runes and tried to make a proper big hat ^^.

The Sorcerer's body is from a FW limited edition sorcerer thing (maybe last year or two years ago). I felt like making him looking like casting a pyrothing might look cool, so I took the left hand from the "classic" sorcerer from the FW 3 characters pack !

Quite simple ! But it can always give you guys some ideas !

RE: [02/04/2015] Castellan Wips and more mushrooms ! - Parish - 04-07-2015 06:01 PM

Hello Guys !

Didn't have time the last week to log on the forum !

But here are some other shots from my entry.

The "bulky" Lammasu.

The full album can be found here:

http://imgur.com/a/1I9gK

I had a small story about it ! I don't know if I will take the time to writte it down though.

Anyway the main body is from the ogre box "Mournfang Rider".

The wings are from the metal big hat era Lammasu.

I "folded" them a bit to make it look like he is preying or making him having a "bat-like" shape.
The face is also from the old metal edition lammasu.
It took me quite some time to carve the body, fill it with some "polymere" pasta, add some glue, fix everything and sculpt the fur.
The paint looks quite odd on the photos but there is a mix of brown, purple/blue, orange, and bleached bone. I wanted him to have a bit of a magical atmosphere (hence the "blue/orange" colors).

Anyway thanks a lot for everybody that liked my miniature Big Grin (thanks a lot Herby and a couple of generous slaves donators Happy )

Unfortunately I guess it was not that much "within the frame" of the contest theme. The other miniatures were reall great !Well done for everybody involved in the golden hat !

Still hope you like it, comments and criticisms are always welcome Happy

RE: [02/04/2015]Golden Hat Lammasu and more mushrooms ! - MaraLynn - 04-08-2015 01:58 AM

Had it in my top selection, like the paintjob with these gorgeous natural colors.
Only thing I am not really sure about is that folding of the wings.

RE: [02/04/2015]Golden Hat Lammasu and more mushrooms ! - DAGabriel - 04-08-2015 02:06 AM

Cool work on that Mournfang body. Voted for him!

RE: [02/04/2015]Golden Hat Lammasu and more mushrooms ! - TheHoodedMan - 04-08-2015 03:02 AM

Me, too. One of the top paint jobs in the competition. I like your color choices a lot and very good execution.[/u]

RE: [02/04/2015]Golden Hat Lammasu and more mushrooms ! - zhatan87 - 04-08-2015 04:22 AM

Idem, you've got my vote. I found it well-thought, nice and innovative idea of conversion.

RE: [02/04/2015]Golden Hat Lammasu and more mushrooms ! - Roark - 04-08-2015 06:11 AM

Wow. This is the first time I've ever seen that GW Lammasu face and liked how it looked. Same with those old Renegades. You've given them "life" that I've never seen before. Awesome.

Oh, and I absolutely love the Bulls! Best I've seen in ages, and the dappled flanks look fantastic.

RE: [02/04/2015]Golden Hat Lammasu and more mushrooms ! - Malorndk - 04-08-2015 06:35 AM

I didn't vote for yours (lots of great entries) but I wanted to pass by and say I absolutely enjoy your armyblog! <3

RE: [02/04/2015]Golden Hat Lammasu and more mushrooms ! - Bloodbeard - 04-08-2015 03:49 PM

I really like his dark, leathery look.

RE: [02/04/2015]Golden Hat Lammasu and more mushrooms ! - Parish - 04-08-2015 04:10 PM

Hello guys !

I was clearly not expecting that much interest for it ^^.

I am really glad that you liked it guys, if actually it inspires you guys that would be the best feeling ^^.

I will unfortunately have close to no time to paint new miniatures but I will definitely update my thread as soon as I can !

Thanks again guys! And thanks a lot for those slaves Big Grin

Within a week increased by 4 my workforce Big Grin. I'll have to make some sacrifice to Hashut I guess !

RE: [02/04/2015]Golden Hat Lammasu and more mushrooms ! - Fuggit Khan - 04-22-2015 01:42 PM

Somehow I missed your earlier post for your GH entry of the Lammasu...it's a beautiful model!
I've always loved the 4th edition Lammasu face, but the original body was (in my opinion) nothing special. I love when people use the vintage Lammasu head on a more suitable body. What you came up with is really pretty cool (bonus points for using the vintage metal wings too!)...a wonderful conversion. My favorite bit (of your always impressive painting abilities) is the wonderfully authentic look of the horns Hashut!

RE: [02/04/2015]Golden Hat Lammasu and more mushrooms ! - Scar - 04-22-2015 03:43 PM

Very cool idea for a lammasu! Happy

RE: [02/04/2015]Golden Hat Lammasu and more mushrooms ! - Xander - 05-08-2015 11:45 PM

Your grim-dark scheme looks great and still manages to make the models pop! Love it!

RE: [06/20/2015]Hobgoblins and more mushrooms ! - Parish - 06-20-2015 09:30 AM

Hi Guys !

Almost done nothing over the past 4 months but I finished my hobgoblin units !

One last hero and I'll be able to play 500 pts games xD

More pictures here:

http://imgur.com/a/5E8Ej

Regards

RE: [06/20/2015]Hobgoblins and more mushrooms ! - DAGabriel - 06-20-2015 09:59 AM

Great, how did you do that having done nothing?
Wanna learn...

RE: [06/20/2015]Hobgoblins and more mushrooms ! - Bloodbeard - 06-20-2015 10:49 AM

Very cool looking unit. Are you gonna put something on the large base in the middle? It's a super cool unit filler, but I feel that all unitfillers most have a couple of models. A goblin or two would make it work better - now it's a hole in the unit.

An awesome hole! The mushrooms are so beautiful.

RE: [06/20/2015]Hobgoblins and more mushrooms ! - Abecedar - 06-20-2015 08:32 PM

That is where the fanatics are hiding.

RE: [06/20/2015]Hobgoblins and more mushrooms ! - tjub - 06-21-2015 04:12 AM

Night Goblins will always be Night Goblins in my head, but thats my problem... Yours are superbly painted and with the shrooms you have a great feeling to the unit as well!

RE: [06/20/2015]Hobgoblins and more mushrooms ! - Parish - 06-21-2015 06:50 AM

Hi guys !

Thanks for the kind comments !

I just felt after 4 month it was not that much ^^, I got some help with the basic layers, otherwise they wouldn't be finished!
I am a bit lazy to add any goblins in the middle ^^, maybe one day but not for now, still a good idea, cause I didn't think about it at all.
Fanatics are all dead, hard to control, and they make bad slaves :p

Yeap I was quite unsure at first with night goblins. However making my army themed around, mushrooms I just realised that their were mandatory as proxy hobgoblins ! The result turned out quite well I think.

RE: [06/20/2015]Hobgoblins and more mushrooms ! - edriarr blackleaf - 06-23-2015 06:08 AM

For the unit boss who has everything, a rather nice evil-Big Ears red hat from the Realm of Chaos Gift Shoppe (exclusive stockists of the Dark Toytown range, home of vicious psycho Noddy and the flesh-eating marmalade Pygmies).. and he sports a spiffy monocle, proving he's a boss, cos only a boss has eccentric accessories. Nice.

Compliments on the bases, they look really squishy, dank and moist; perfect conditions for cultivating mushrooms and exotic fungi.

RE: [06/20/2015]Hobgoblins and more mushrooms ! - Fuggit Khan - 06-23-2015 11:32 AM

Cool unit, I like the Telvanni mushrooms Happy

RE: [06/20/2015]Hobgoblins and more mushrooms ! - Parish - 02-07-2016 08:20 PM

Hi guys !

I haven't updated for a while this thread !

My new project is to collect all the big hat warriors (I'm almost there) and therefore painting them.

I wanted something different than the standard redish army, still going on a mushroom based themed army; here is the first big hat done .

I went with a more "ivory" style, I'm looking forward to painting the rest I really enjoyed that one.

More pictures here:

http://imgur.com/a/xQfR8

Pictures are blurry sorry Sad but I can't take better picture I think ^^

Any critics are more than welcome! next update should be with the first line done (6 of them)

Regards

RE: [02/08/2016]Big hats and more mushrooms ! - Admiral - 02-08-2016 12:29 AM

Looks great, both big hat warrior and mushroom gobbos. Lovely fungi. Well done!

RE: [02/08/2016]Big hats and more mushrooms ! - Fuggit Khan - 02-08-2016 03:02 PM

Parish Wrote:

That's quite a different color scheme...I like it Takes Hat off
You really are a superb painter for highlighting colors, it's a beautiful model to be sure Cheers!

RE: [02/08/2016]Big hats and more mushrooms ! - Commander Panda - 02-09-2016 03:40 PM

Parish Wrote:
Hi guys !

I haven't updated for a while this thread !

My new project is to collect all the big hat warriors (I'm almost there) and therefore painting them.

I wanted something different than the standard redish army, still going on a mushroom based themed army; here is the first big hat done .

I went with a more "ivory" style, I'm looking forward to painting the rest I really enjoyed that one.

More pictures here:

http://imgur.com/a/xQfR8

Pictures are blurry sorry Sad but I can't take better picture I think ^^

Any critics are more than welcome! next update should be with the first line done (6 of them)

Regards

Damn, that's a lovely mini and scheme. Takes Hat off

RE: [02/08/2016]Big hats and more mushrooms ! - Forgefire - 02-10-2016 12:50 PM

So damn cool stuff! I agree with the white colour choice, really sweet!

RE: [04/10/2016]Big hat Hero and Standard Bearer - Parish - 04-10-2016 09:55 AM

Hi guys !

Painting slowly as always, here are my two new big hat dwarves. !
Next update should be with the full unit... so next year I guess ^^

I went for the ivory style once again, on the picture the skin look very pale and weird unfortunately! Quite happy with the result overal.

More pics and close up here:
http://imgur.com/a/iSHZJ

I don't know what to put in term of banner Sad, so for now they will be "naked", very simple but I quite like it.

RE: [04/10/2016]Big hat Hero and Standard Bearer - Bloodbeard - 04-11-2016 04:47 AM

I really like the colours you have going. The broken white and the weathered metal. It's some really good stuff Parish.

RE: [04/10/2016]Big hat Hero and Standard Bearer - Admiral - 04-11-2016 04:49 AM

Inded, very tasteful and distinct! Looking forward to see a whole unit. Happy

RE: [04/10/2016]Big hat Hero and Standard Bearer - Fuggit Khan - 04-11-2016 03:34 PM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
I really like the colours you have going. The broken white and the weathered metal.

Yes! Very well done and you have the magic touch for painting weathered metal. And interesting to see that your Hero has a single pole on his back...it's a cool idea. Did you cut off the second pole to add to another character?
I'm really hoping to see an entire unit painted up in these colors...that will be a joy to see Takes Hat off

RE: [04/10/2016]Big hat Hero and Standard Bearer - Parish - 11-13-2017 07:28 PM

Hi guys, after a long break, I'm back with some more cows !

I loved the miniature when I first saw it, and decided to follow the same pattern I used for my bull centaurs !
I did not use the arm fist, I wanted to keep the "cow" feeling the miniature give, to some the "hand/hooves" may look weird, but I really love it :p

More pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/actu7

I hope you'll enjoy !

RE: [14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - Helblindi - 11-14-2017 02:13 AM

Nice, he looks really good with a dark skintone, and the spots are always hilarious!

RE: [14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - Timothy Archer - 11-14-2017 04:10 PM

this is a really amazing paintjob , love it i love the effect on the cooper and the torso .

RE: [14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - Roark - 11-14-2017 04:45 PM

Love it!

RE: [14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - tjub - 11-15-2017 01:12 AM

Beef! Cheers!

RE: [14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - Uther the unhinged - 11-15-2017 02:32 AM

Love the figure, love the paintjpb, ace.

RE: [14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - Admiral - 11-15-2017 12:43 PM

Great marriage of grimdark, cow comedy and master paintjob as always. Takes Hat off

RE: [14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - Pappa Midnight - 11-17-2017 08:06 AM

Very impressive miniature and paintjob!

PM

RE: [14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - Jackswift - 11-18-2017 01:28 PM

Very successful result.  Solid color choices that work well together.  Definitely keeps the bovine feel.  Well done!

RE: [14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - Ghrask Dragh - 12-03-2017 05:09 AM

Wow, some mean looking bulls! I love an alternative look and that's what you've done with these colour schemes

RE: [14/11/2017] Shar'tor the Executioner - Willmark - 12-03-2017 09:52 AM

Don’t think I’ve ever commented on this blog but there is some great stuff here. Your painting style is very understated and subtle but that’s what makes it look so great. To me it looks very natural. Great job.