CDO Forums
Admiral is now an Admin - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Admiral is now an Admin (/showthread.php?tid=15708)

Admiral is now an Admin - Bloodbeard - 04-14-2015 12:38 AM

New Admin
Dear fellow Dawi Zharr.

With great you it's now announced that Admiral has joined the ranks of the Admins of CDO.

Admiral is constantly doing amazing work for our community and as Admin he can lift the stuff he does even further.

Main Page Update
In a couple of  weeks Admiral and I are gonna have a nice course on how to work with FPT, HTML and all other kinds of fancy BIGLETTERS in order to update the main page. Xander will teach us scandinavians all the way from the Deep North of Canada.

Planned are updates of the Golden Hat galleries , added Scribe's and Artisan's pages and the member army galleries (we have a few in mind).

If you have any wishes, suggestions or other concerns regarding CDOs main page, reply to this thread or send me a PM.

Scribe's Contest III
The next SCribe's Contest have launched. IT's all about writing down more fluff regarding Chaos Dwarves in the End Times. Join the competition - as always there are bling and models for the winners.

Joing the celebrations
The Slaves Masters of Zharr-Naggrund have offered a great discount on slaves, so that everybody an have a little extra for the Hashut BBQ in order to celebrate the great news. Speak up and slaves will handed out for festive murder and mutilation.

On behalf of the CDO staff

//Bloodbeard

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - MadHatter - 04-14-2015 01:24 AM

Congratulations CDO on getting a great admin Cheers!

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Malorndk - 04-14-2015 01:40 AM

Sexy swede! <3 Gz gz!

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Kamphre - 04-14-2015 01:44 AM

Congratulations Admiral for this! Your active work and constant kind words on this forum are legendary.
I hope that this recognition will not take too much of your time !

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - DAGabriel - 04-14-2015 01:46 AM

Congratz! We have done a great catch there!

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Roark - 04-14-2015 01:53 AM

Congrats to Admiral (and the community)! Takes Hat off

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - TheHoodedMan - 04-14-2015 01:59 AM

Congrats to the community for getting another very active Admin!

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Abecedar - 04-14-2015 04:34 AM

Definitely congratulations to a well deserved reward.

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Admiral - 04-14-2015 04:48 AM

Thank you very much, folks! It's very kind of you. Takes Hat off

This adminship will however only be relevant if I can handle the technical course Xander will give us. I presume it will be difficult since I've not dabbled in those arts of techno-arcana before, but it's worth a shot for sure to learn something new. If it works out, then great, if not, then revert to mod and go on as usual. Happy

It just occurred to me that we haven't had announcement posts in the Website News for when Bloodbeard and TimeofMadness ascended the ranks. Perhaps we should modify this announcement to include their entry into the Staff (and Bloodbeard's adminship) for the sake of record and completeness?

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Bloodbeard - 04-14-2015 06:30 AM

Admiral Wrote:
It just occurred to me that we haven't had announcement posts in the Website News for when Bloodbeard and TimeofMadness ascended the ranks. Perhaps we should modify this announcement to include their entry into the Staff (and Bloodbeard's adminship) for the sake of record and completeness?

It's in some threads somewhere. No problem there.

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Rettile - 04-14-2015 06:41 AM

Congrats to Admi(n)ral Happy

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Dînadan - 04-14-2015 06:52 AM

Congrats Admiral, that's a well earned promotion.  Btw, what is the next rank up from Admiral?  Isn't it the highest rank in the naval hierarchy? Tongue Wink

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Bloodbeard - 04-14-2015 07:02 AM

Dînadan Wrote:
Congrats Admiral, that's a well earned promotion.  Btw, what is the next rank up from Admiral?  Isn't it the highest rank in the naval hierarchy? Tongue Wink

Admiral is often the highest rank in peace time.

But there are ranks above Admiral. Grand Admiral, Admiral of the Fleet, Admiral of the Navy etc.

Used during war or in NATO when given command over several fleets.

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Dînadan - 04-14-2015 07:14 AM

Bloodbeard Wrote:

Dînadan Wrote:

Admiral is often the highest rank in peace time.

But there are ranks above Admiral. Grand Admiral, Admiral of the Fleet, Admiral of the Navy etc.

Used during war or in NATO when given command over several fleets.

So which one has Admiral been promoted to then? Wink

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Yodrin - 04-14-2015 07:55 AM

Congratz Admiral, well deserved!!! One of the best ones on this amazing forum with amazing members... !!WinkWink

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Forgefire - 04-14-2015 08:18 AM

Huzzah! Respect to the Hat!

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - furrie - 04-14-2015 09:06 AM

gratz admiral

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Fuggit Khan - 04-14-2015 11:50 AM

Hashut be praised for such wonderful news Hashut!
Truly the Scandinavian Viking raiding parties have traversed the length of the world and have firmly landed in the Dark Lands Cheers!
Congrats Admiral, this is wonderful news, and I want to thank you as well for taking on the added responsibilities that being an Admin will entail.
You're a good man for the job Happy
Sooooo...does this mean your cat will assume duties as a Moderator?

Bloodbeard Wrote:

Main Page Update
If you have any wishes, suggestions or other concerns regarding CDOs main page, reply to this thread or send me a PM.

The main page/title index needs pics of some Big Hats! It only has pics of helms/masks Sad
Nothing wrong with pics of helms/masks, but please add some Big Hats to balance it out (maybe even a Hobgoblin?!) Takes Hat off

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - torn - 04-14-2015 12:34 PM

It's about time!

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Zanko - 04-14-2015 12:51 PM

Congrats dude! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Bloodbeard - 04-14-2015 02:21 PM

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Main Page Update

The main page/title index needs pics of some Big Hats! It only has pics of helms/masks Sad
Nothing wrong with pics of helms/masks, but please add some Big Hats to balance it out (maybe even a Hobgoblin?!) Takes Hat off

You are absolutely right Mr. Fuggit Khan. Which armies do you suggest should go into the main page representing the big hats?

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Fuggit Khan - 04-14-2015 02:43 PM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
You are absolutely right Mr. Fuggit Khan. Which armies do you suggest should go into the main page representing the big hats?

Dang, my thought process did not take that minor detail into account Sad
There are lots of great Big Hat models here on CDO...perhaps a public poll can help decide?
In fact, how about all new model pics shown on the main page, new pics of helms/masks/hats...the old pics are cool, but maybe it's time for something new?

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Bloodbeard - 04-14-2015 03:04 PM

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Bloodbeard Wrote:

Dang, my thought process did not take that minor detail into account Sad
There are lots of great Big Hat models here on CDO...perhaps a public poll can help decide?
In fact, how about all new model pics shown on the main page, new pics of helms/masks/hats...the old pics are cool, but maybe it's time for something new?

We are not gonna delete the old armies (they are still great). And we currently have 5 (I think) agreed upon armies that we will add to the army galleries. And there are a classic big hat army amongst them.

But suggestions are more than welcome (so that the admins doesn't have to decide who gets the glory). Nominate your fellow hobbyists.

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Parish - 04-14-2015 03:35 PM

Well done Happy

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - cornixt - 04-14-2015 04:12 PM

Dînadan Wrote:

He's Admineral now.

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Doombeard - 04-14-2015 04:48 PM

Admiral-min!

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Admiral - 04-14-2015 07:20 PM

@Fuggit Khan: My cat will keep to the shadows and rule indirectly as a grey eminence and puppet master. Or go on toppling our miniatures. Big Grin

Thank you very much, everyone! If I do manage to learn the mysteries of software from Xander, the purpose of the Adminship is simply to help with updating the front page galleries as a way to "conclude" the contests we run (apart from their pages in WoH, which hopefully is to come a bit later). And maybe do some more besides, but the initial scope is limited on purpose here.

We've got quite some competition winners to catch up with, and a new Scribe's Contest gallery to create. Nowadays, there's probably up towards a dozen armies which should make it to the army gallery. Perhaps even more. We hope to not only display the sheer skill and creativity of members, but also the width and variety of GW's and people's take on Chaos Dwarfs. Ideally, we'll end up with some 3rd edition army, some big hat armies, some LoA armies, some mixed armies and some scratchbuilt armies. As Bloodbeard pointed out, feel free to nominate armies for the gallery!

Haha, we'll settle for Admineral, in order to masquerade as a mining prospector when among the landlubbers. Tongue Wink

In the Royal Navy hierarchy, I guess First Sea Lord would be the highest rank?

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Fuggit Khan - 04-14-2015 07:35 PM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
We are not gonna delete the old armies (they are still great).

Yes, agreed! Please don't delete pics of the old armies, you're right, they are all great.
What I meant to say is to possibly update the CDO banner (sorry, I earlier referred to 'main page' pic, I meant to say the banner...is that what it's called?)...the banner only shows helms/masks...so possibly update the CDO banner to include some Big Hats Takes Hat off

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Dînadan - 04-14-2015 07:48 PM

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Bloodbeard Wrote:

Yes, agreed! Please don't delete pics of the old armies, you're right, they are all great.
What I meant to say is to possibly update the CDO banner (sorry, I earlier referred to 'main page' pic, I meant to say the banner...is that what it's called?)...the banner only shows helms/masks...so possibly update the CDO banner to include some Big Hats Takes Hat off

Yeah, banner is the term you're after.  While we're at it, why not throw a 3rd ed into the mix so it's truly representive of all Chaos Dwarfs?

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Bloodbeard - 04-15-2015 12:11 AM

Dînadan Wrote:

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Bloodbeard Wrote:

Yeah, banner is the term you're after.  While we're at it, why not throw a 3rd ed into the mix so it's truly representive of all Chaos Dwarfs?

A brilliant idea. And way above my skill level. I'll try to figure out which font is used for the banner and then anyone who thing they are up for the task can try and make something.

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - MadHatter - 04-15-2015 01:28 AM

cornixt Wrote:

Dînadan Wrote:

He's Admineral now.

Admineral Cheers!

Does that mean he's turning to stone?

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Abecedar - 04-15-2015 04:14 AM

Admineral? lacking in something in his diet because he spends so much time writing?

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Yodrin - 04-15-2015 05:30 AM

I would go for AdmirableWink

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - BABIS - 04-15-2015 08:07 AM

welcome Adminral Wink

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Helblindi - 04-16-2015 04:51 AM

Congratz Admiral!

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Admiral - 04-19-2015 12:15 PM

Thank you kindly folks! Admineral it is then. Takes Hat off

Been away and busy for various reasons. Will continue to be that for this week, but hopefully will be back as normal by next week.

@Abecedar: Haha, who knows? That, or maybe an abundance of minerals due to turning to stone!

@Yodrin: Too kind! Wink

Regarding the banner idea, we should ideally have one 3rd edition Chaos Dwarf, one 4th edition Chaos Dwarf, one Hobgoblin, (at least) one Hellcannon Chaos Dwarf, one scratchbuilt (BFSP?) Chaos Dwarf and one Legion of Azgorh Chaos Dwarf to represent the different eras of GW Dawi Zharr. Nicodemus is the man for this task, both for choosing miniatures and creating a neat banner with the right fonts. And I'd please like to keep at least one of the masked Chaos Dwarfs seen in the current banner in a new one, for the sake of continuity if nothing else.

Don't miss Scribe's Contest III and your chance to put your mark on Chaos Dwarfs in the End Times!

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Scar - 04-20-2015 05:09 AM

Gratz! Big Grin

RE: Admiral is now an Admin - Fuggit Khan - 04-20-2015 11:35 AM

Admiral Wrote:
Regarding the banner idea, we should ideally have one 3rd edition Chaos Dwarf, one 4th edition Chaos Dwarf, one Hobgoblin, (at least) one Hellcannon Chaos Dwarf, one scratchbuilt (BFSP?) Chaos Dwarf and one Legion of Azgorh Chaos Dwarf to represent the different eras of GW Dawi Zharr. Nicodemus is the man for this task, both for choosing miniatures and creating a neat banner with the right fonts. And I'd please like to keep at least one of the masked Chaos Dwarfs seen in the current banner in a new one, for the sake of continuity if nothing else.

Excellent idea! An all inclusive banner would be great Cheers!