CDO Forums
Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition (/showthread.php?tid=4143)

Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Grimstonefire - 01-09-2009 01:08 PM

Welcome to the 8th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

By popular demand the Staff are pleased to announce the following competition for the 8th Golden Hat miniature contest:
Create a warmachine!

Subject Matter
Create a Warmachine

So what do we mean by this?

Create a Chaos Dwarf themed warmachine that has at least two crew members.  To make this clear, it can be any of the known warmachines; Death Rocket, Earthshaker, Bolt Thrower or Hellcannon.  OR you can create a completely new warmachine!

If you create a new warmachine it doesn't have to represent any of game legal machines so you can make up some house rules for it if you want (don't include these with your entry though, you won't be judged on this).

You must include at least two crew members.  The machine should be themed towards Chaos Dwarfs, but you can have a hobgoblin or slave crew if you want, perhaps even a bull centaur and something else.

Some examples of the more unusual things people could make are flying warmachines (with at least 2 crew), or even an iron golem style creature with 2 crew herders.  Creating something new can be refreshing from time to time.

Crew members can be mounted on it, on a scenic base, or on seperate bases.  

There are no size or basing limitations, only your imagination is the limit!

Particulars
Due Date: 11:59 PM 28th February 2009 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Subject Matter:  Create a warmachine

What is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM 28th February 2009 (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 7 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. in order to avoid problems. I "highly advise" that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with GHV, VI and VII: If there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-11-2009 08:48 AM

Hopefully this as worth the wait everyone.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 01-11-2009 11:25 AM

I already have an Idea, so I will get started Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Ishkur Cinderhat - 01-11-2009 11:57 AM

Hm! A warmachine - me likey! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 01-11-2009 01:06 PM

How can this have been posted on 01-09-2009 at 7:08 pm?

You manipulative < biiiip >'s Big Grin

But oh yes - this has been worth waiting for - thank you! Can I do more than one entry? Tongue

War Machines here I come - count me in - I have the perfect classic entry for this Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Swissdictator - 01-11-2009 01:27 PM

Sweet, I have a few ideas already! I'm getting in on the fun this time around.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-11-2009 01:35 PM

Clam- Let us get back to you on that question.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Xander - 01-11-2009 01:45 PM

Willmark Wrote:
Clam- Let us get back to you on that question.

Magic.  Just say Magic. Takes Hat off

Maybe I should assemble my Hellcannon for this... hrm...

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 01-11-2009 02:36 PM

War machine  that different well i give it a try since i have no war machine done !!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 01-11-2009 02:45 PM

Hmm, not what I hoped for but I think I'll give it a try. Nice to see we can invent stuff! Cheers!:

Only six weeks, hmmm...

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - al-hashut - 01-11-2009 04:22 PM

It'll be tricky but i'll see what i can get done

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Loki - 01-11-2009 04:50 PM

Looking forawrd to taking part in my first golden hat , good job i ordered that hell cannon last week, good idea guys Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - AGPO - 01-11-2009 05:12 PM

Shock But... but... this rules out whirlwinds and tenderisers!!!!!!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Grimstonefire - 01-11-2009 06:21 PM

Yeah, I started the thread on the 1st, then left it open for staff to make changes.  When you move it the date stays the same.

@AGPO

No it doesn't!  I said two crew minimum.  So you have the boar/ bull centaur 'driver' and another crew member (CD/ hobbo/ slave) just sitting on a 20mm base nearby!  Simple.  Or you mount a snotling 'crew' onboard, or drag a slave 'crew' along behind etc.

I was very careful when I wrote the rules to make sure people could still do things like this.  It's why you can mount the crew on the machine, on a scenic base, or on seperate bases.

Just because it may not look like a traditional tenderiser (with the additional 'crew'), if you keep it on a seperate base there's no problems if you plan to use it afterwards (not that it has 'official' rules anyway).

I should really finish my hellcannon, but I am tempted to do an earthshaker.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 01-11-2009 06:43 PM

i started creating an earthshaker for this comp, i just need to buy some stuff tomorrow, so i can finish the basic shape of the barrel :p

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-11-2009 08:39 PM

I have an idea, I bought parts and I am assembling them no that's all I'll say, mwwwwwaaaaahhhaaaaaa!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hammerhand - 01-11-2009 08:46 PM

I have a couple of ideas, now where is the bits resource thread......

I'm definitely in!Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Sojourn - 01-12-2009 01:54 AM

oh.... *puts aside carefully sculpted CDO members....* this is cool..........

man, I dunno if I'll get this together in time or not; or if I can even come up with an idea. Definitely not my forte =S

BUT, I can't wait to see what other people get done! Happy sounds like there's some positive feedback already based on who wants to participate! *excited!*

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Revlid - 01-12-2009 04:44 AM

Since this is a painting competition, I assume it doesn't matter if we've already converted the thing before the competition began?
This is a perfect excuse to get started on my Doomblaster!

Also - I totally called it.
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4109&pid=66334#pid66334

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 01-12-2009 06:50 AM

AGPO Wrote:
Shock But... but... this rules out whirlwinds and tenderisers!!!!!!

Grimstonefire Wrote:
@AGPO
No it doesn't!  I said two crew minimum.  So you have the boar/ bull centaur 'driver' and another crew member (CD/ hobbo/ slave) just sitting on a 20mm base nearby!  Simple.  Or you mount a snotling 'crew' onboard, or drag a slave 'crew' along behind etc.

I was very careful when I wrote the rules to make sure people could still do things like this.  It's why you can mount the crew on the machine, on a scenic base, or on seperate bases.

Just because it may not look like a traditional tenderiser (with the additional 'crew'), if you keep it on a seperate base there's no problems if you plan to use it afterwards (not that it has 'official' rules anyway).

and

clam Wrote:
I have the perfect classic entry for this Big Grin

Ohh! wait - I then have - like 6 or 7 classic models that could be use then. Thank you for that, my Lord Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Grimstonefire - 01-12-2009 06:55 AM

clam Wrote:
Can I do more than one entry? Tongue

No.  We discussed it and overall we decided it's better to only allow one entry per person.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 01-12-2009 08:15 AM

One is totally fine with me Big Grin

And with the project I'm planning on I have plenty to do within the 28th.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 01-12-2009 10:42 AM

And I thought Clam would just paint his way cool scratch-built Earthshaker! Wink

Either I am converting something new or if time doesn't allow maybe a classic warmachine.
But honestly I don't have any inspiration at all! Sad

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 01-12-2009 11:31 AM

I got an awsome idea last night, so scratch build, unless off course time doesn't allow it, then I will finish an older project

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Pyro Stick - 01-12-2009 11:49 AM

Im torn between three possible entries, one from each of the three era's of chaos dwarfs. I will just have to finish them all and then choose which one i think looks the best.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Bassman - 01-12-2009 01:45 PM

Said that I have no time before leaving for USA... I'll be back the 21st of february. Shock
One week only? I can do that this time Hashut!
Be the might of Hashut with me!!! Hashut! Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-12-2009 01:48 PM

There seems to be a high level of interest in this Golden Hat! Awesome, let's see if we canbeat the record for most enteries in a GH; 16 I believe in GH V.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 01-12-2009 04:05 PM

Obsidian Wrote:
And I thought Clam would just paint his way cool scratch-built Earthshaker! Wink

Though about it too, but I wouldn't enter it - for two reasons:

1) You have already seen almost everything of it. So there is not much new to show really. So if I had to paint a piece of old news, why not something that looks old too - like some 3rd ed stuff Wink

2) I have decided that 2009 is the year for painting (that means painting something already bought and build). So '09 is going to be the year were I painted my classic chaos dwarf collection - and build that mechanical dragon Big Grin Hey wait a minute - I see it clear now: 'GH IX - Mounted Tyrant'

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - centauro enano - 01-12-2009 07:16 PM

Good news, I would like to participate, if they get more free time to try something

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Sojourn - 01-13-2009 01:26 AM

Willmark Wrote:
There seems to be a high level of interest in this Golden Hat! Awesome, let's see if we canbeat the record for most enteries in a GH; 16 I believe in GH V.

I think even *I* participated in that one. lol, the gaoler competition?

this sounds so fun though. I must discuss with Xander as to whether or not my idea is sufficient/possible. hehe

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 01-13-2009 04:59 AM

clam Wrote:
Though about it too, but I wouldn't enter it - for two reasons:

1) You have already seen almost everything of it. So there is not much new to show really. So if I had to paint a piece of old news, why not something that looks old too - like some 3rd ed stuff Wink

Got ya there, the wow-factor would also be less and people would know exactly who's entry it is. Spoils the fun of guessing allright! Wink

clam Wrote:

2) I have decided that 2009 is the year for painting (that means painting something already bought and build). So '09 is going to be the year were I painted my classic chaos dwarf collection - and build that mechanical dragon Big Grin Hey wait a minute - I see it clear now: 'GH IX - Mounted Tyrant'

Okay, you know you've just raised my high expectations from you, don't you?! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-13-2009 07:27 AM

Although at this point you can spot some people's style in the GH competitions....

clam Wrote:
2) I have decided that 2009 is the year for painting (that means painting something already bought and build). So '09 is going to be the year were I painted my classic chaos dwarf collection....

Grabs parka... did h...e... double hockey sticks just freeze over or something? I thought it was cold in here... Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hashut's Blessing - 01-13-2009 11:23 AM

I'm still hoping I'll have the time for this. it coincides PERFECTLY with an essay I've just been given lol Tongue

Sojourn, it certainly was the one ya entered Wink

As for people's styles, I might have to go a little mental then, eh? Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 01-13-2009 04:20 PM

Obsidian Wrote:

clam Wrote:

Okay, you know you've just raised my high expectations from you, don't you?! Wink

I have? Rolleyes Rolleyes Didn't know that Big Grin

Willmark Wrote:

clam Wrote:
2) I have decided that 2009 is the year for painting (that means painting something already bought and build). So '09 is going to be the year were I painted my classic chaos dwarf collection....

Grabs parka... did h...e... double hockey sticks just freeze over or something? I thought it was cold in here... Wink

lol - New Year - always time for resolutions - isn't it. Sadly we all know, what happens with those Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Bassman - 01-13-2009 07:02 PM

Wel, well, well I just noticed there is my death rocket in Golden Hat VIII banner!! Mad

I wanna credit, slaves and a little hat as a reward! Or I'll call my layer... ok well maybe not Happy

Maybe it's easier to notice the beatiful hellcannon/earthshaker opposite to my little rocket Takes Hat off

Just curious: who made the banner? Hashut!
Cheers! Bassman

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-14-2009 12:19 AM

Bassman Wrote:
Just curious: who made the banner? Hashut!
Cheers! Bassman

That  was me, my rusty photoshop skills are getting better...

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Vasquez - 01-14-2009 07:13 PM

I was reading the rules for the GH8, and as I read the four examples of warmachines ("Death Rocket, Earthshaker, Bolt Trrower or Hellcannon") I started wondering what a Colossus counts as? Is that also a possibility to make a such, or is it categorized as something else?

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-14-2009 09:34 PM

clam Wrote:
lol - New Year - always time for resolutions - isn't it. Sadly we all know, what happens with those Tongue

Yeah my gym is packed with them! I can't find a damn parking space. I give them abut 2 more weeks before its back to the sofa eating chips (note that's crisps for all you folks on the other side of the pond) watching American Idol

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 01-15-2009 08:03 AM

No, it's chips here in the Netherlands too! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 01-15-2009 10:13 AM

I never stopped eating them Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borador - 01-15-2009 11:35 AM

lets see what we can do hmm? *Has evil warmachine idea Happy* well I see if I'll get something done :O still gotta crack sum' skulls

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Abyss - 01-15-2009 11:42 AM

think i might hav to dust off the old green stuff and give this one a go... i've been looking for something to get me inspired with my chaos dwarfs again

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-15-2009 11:56 AM

Alright everyone this is sounding like the best participation we have had or will have, remember 16+!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - maelzch - 01-16-2009 08:41 AM

dependant on how me moving into my new place this weekend goes, i may well be up for this one, I've got two possible ideas in mind.

Cheers,
Maelzch

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Pyro Stick - 01-16-2009 11:05 AM

Im assuming the juggernaut counts as a warmachine?

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Ishkur Cinderhat - 01-16-2009 02:20 PM

Juggernaut = siege tower = war machine.
Sounds like flawless dawi'zharr logic to me! Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-16-2009 03:00 PM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
Im assuming the juggernaut counts as a warmachine?

As long as the chaos dwarf juggernaut has two of more crew it qualifies for the contest.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Zanko - 01-16-2009 04:30 PM

I´ve also a nice idea!  Cheers!

Something new, I hope!Cheers!

So long ... Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-19-2009 07:27 AM

Made tremendous headway on mine this weekend. Still quite a bit to go but the basic structure is now in place.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 01-19-2009 08:26 AM

I realy need to speed up a little Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 01-19-2009 08:51 AM

I think I'll need more time! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-19-2009 11:22 AM

Time is not one thing we have on this however.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 01-19-2009 12:38 PM

If only you guys anounced this contest sooner! Rolleyes Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-19-2009 12:49 PM

It was a only a week difference really; as to the why, I could tell you... But you know the rest! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 01-19-2009 01:01 PM

A week is a sea of time in modelling land! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 01-19-2009 05:25 PM

Obsidian Wrote:
I think I'll need more time! Wink

So would I Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Pyro Stick - 01-19-2009 06:03 PM

Hopefully i will find the time to finish an entry within the next 3 weeks or so, before i move over to america for a few months.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Ishkur Cinderhat - 01-19-2009 06:46 PM

Willmark Wrote:
Made tremendous headway on mine this weekend. Still quite a bit to go but the basic structure is now in place.

Hah, same here!

OK, the structure is now in place in my mind only, but that's got to count, too! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 01-19-2009 06:49 PM

well im down to painting mine

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 01-19-2009 07:37 PM

Had a really crappy tine building tonight! Broke my file AND my clipper! Grrr!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hazkar - 01-20-2009 06:07 AM

build a war machine,huh?
that sounds pretty fun to me...

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 01-20-2009 06:20 AM

just join the fun Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hazkar - 01-20-2009 09:44 AM

i will and i have an idea in mindEvil idea

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - tjub - 01-20-2009 10:13 AM

Im actually building four warmachines right now, just wondering in case I get them done in time. Can I enter them all, or is it one entry/member? Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 01-20-2009 10:42 AM

one entry/member, it was said earlier in this thread Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - tjub - 01-20-2009 10:46 AM

furrie Wrote:
one entry/member, it was said earlier in this thread Tongue

Ah, Im sorry... Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hashut's Blessing - 01-20-2009 11:20 AM

As furrie has said, it was mentioned earlier in the thread Wink

Glad to see so many people planning to enter. I've got serious doubts about me entering because I've just had an entire year's worth of work dumped on me at once with very short deadlines, but I'll do my best!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borador - 01-20-2009 11:41 AM

Willmark Wrote:
Alright everyone this is sounding like the best participation we have had or will have, remember 16+!

16+? like in age 16+? Then I can't enter, so probably no warmachine made by me Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hashut's Blessing - 01-20-2009 11:57 AM

Borador, we had 15 members enter one GH and that is our record to beat. It's not an age limit Wink So get building!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 01-20-2009 11:58 AM

There were 16 entries for Golden Hat V our record, we want to see more them that! Nothing to do with age.   Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hashut's Blessing - 01-20-2009 12:10 PM

My apologies, thought it was 15 Wink But yes, let's beat the record. Pulp it, smash it, grind it, WARMACHINE IT!

*ahem*

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Onii One Orc - 01-20-2009 12:57 PM

I have a feeling this is going to be a very awesome Golden Hat.  Happy  I'm looking to start my project today, going to try some new things and cross fingers hoping for the best.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 01-20-2009 02:52 PM

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
My apologies, thought it was 15 Wink But yes, let's beat the record. Pulp it, smash it, grind it, WARMACHINE IT!

*ahem*

lets do it

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borador - 01-25-2009 07:35 AM

ok ^^

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - dedwrekka - 01-28-2009 01:53 PM

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:

Glad to see so many people planning to enter. I've got serious doubts about me entering because I've just had an entire year's worth of work dumped on me at once with very short deadlines, but I'll do my best!

Can I have my warmachine crewed by two warmachines? IE a Hellcannon crewed by two Kollosus? Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Swissdictator - 01-28-2009 01:57 PM

dedwrekka Wrote:
Can I have my warmachine crewed by two warmachines? IE a Hellcannon crewed by two Kollosus? Tongue

Shock Dude! Awesome idea! Cheers!

I hope they let you. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hashut's Blessing - 01-28-2009 01:57 PM

If those Kollosi are feasible crew, then I guess so, but it's best to check with all of the staff as I'm giving a quick ruling here Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Sojourn - 01-29-2009 10:20 AM

dedwrekka Wrote:

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:

that sounds like lots of work. if you have the spare time, maybe I can have you do most of my GH entry, and I can add some feminine touches at the end *read ivy and floral patterns, and nice CD shoes Wink)

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borador - 01-30-2009 01:54 PM

I don't have enough time i think :O
Just recieved my order of 2 Epic Pulsa Rokkits, but still gotta mold the rokkit, duplicate it like 20 times and then build the entire thing :O
so don't think I can make it Sad

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Zanko - 01-30-2009 03:20 PM

The work goes on!  Happy

I hope my minis which I auctionend at ebay will arrive as soon as possible!

I´m eager how the finished warmachine will appear!  Takes Hat off

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 01-31-2009 09:17 AM

I think I'll need another week to finish converting atleast. Then paint the damn thing...

*sigh* need time! Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Grimstonefire - 01-31-2009 10:36 AM

dedwrekka Wrote:

I can't feasibly see how a kollossus could crew a hellcannon...?  I doubt they're very good at fine tuning/ loading. Happy

I'm not sure if you could call them skirmishers being monster sized?  There's nothing in the rule book as far as I know on warmachines being crew in their own right, but I don't think ogre sized creatures or larger can be crew?  Would be a tricky one to make a call on if each of them had a CD pilot.

If you want to do a kollossus you should make only that IMO, with 2+ crew on it, on a scenic base or separate bases.

If you do seriously want to do something like that pm one of the staff and we will have to discuss amongst ourselves.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 01-31-2009 12:42 PM

I still need lots of converting to do Sad, but I will try to finish it on time

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 01-31-2009 02:11 PM

too bad I have no material for crewmen Sad
I'll wait for the GH#IX or even #X.. Unsure

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Xander - 02-01-2009 03:08 AM

demi_morgana Wrote:
too bad I have no material for crewmen Sad
I'll wait for the GH#IX or even #X.. Unsure

No material for crewman?!  I am sure someone you know must have some spare BFSP Dwarfs kicking around!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 02-01-2009 04:30 AM

unfortunatelly not Unsure
I'll wait for the next contest anyway - hope I'll have some decent idea to present then Evil idea

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 02-02-2009 09:40 AM

hmmm... on the other hand last evening I reminded a never-finished (actually never-started) project I made up when I was still playing warhammer fantasy battle so any chance I still can participate?
of course If I manage to finish whole thing on time Unsure

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 02-02-2009 10:03 AM

As long as it is a Chaos Dwarf warmachine then I see no reason why not.
You still got untill the end of this month.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Pyro Stick - 02-02-2009 10:17 AM

Im probably going to be cutting it close, between working on COTT2 and this as im still waiting on important parts from Viskar but as you all know he has been in hospital so they havent arrived yet.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 02-02-2009 10:43 AM

Sorry to hear Pyro, hope they'll be in on time.

Going to cut it real close myself too, letting it drop yesterday (broke in half) doesn't help at all! Sad

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Xander - 02-02-2009 11:20 AM

As long as I stay on track, I should be able to finish. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 02-02-2009 11:48 AM

Obsidian Wrote:
As long as it is a Chaos Dwarf warmachine then I see no reason why not.
You still got untill the end of this month.

I'll do my best then!
hope I still have parts to finish it somewhere around - or at least ideas how to replace them Unsure

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 02-02-2009 12:20 PM

I hope I can finsish sculpting my machine before the end of the week

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - tjub - 02-02-2009 12:30 PM

Built, based and primed... Just painting left! No problems with the deadline here. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 02-02-2009 12:31 PM

Same here my construction is going well but need to pick up the pace.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Sojourn - 02-03-2009 03:44 PM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
Im probably going to be cutting it close, between working on COTT2 and this as im still waiting on important parts from Viskar but as you all know he has been in hospital so they havent arrived yet.

what!? oh no, Viskar *sends off a get well PM!*

we're in the last month, and still no one has offered up their 'spare' warmachines to me for entry Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hashut's Blessing - 02-03-2009 03:49 PM

I have no spares, Sojourn Wink I can;t even whip together an entry for  myself Sad

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 02-03-2009 04:53 PM

just assembled 2 main elements of my entry bwahahahahahaaa...Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - WhyNotCrashDifferently? - 02-07-2009 02:05 AM

I believe I shall enter this as well.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Zanko - 02-07-2009 05:58 AM

Finished and Pictures / Links send yesterday per PM! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - D.O.O.M - 02-07-2009 06:19 AM

hi,
is the "anvil of doom" a warmaschine?

best

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Pyro Stick - 02-07-2009 07:14 AM

D.O.O.M Wrote:
hi,
is the "anvil of doom" a warmaschine?

best

Yes it is, as far as i know. I know it doesnt look much like a warmachine but the older version did:

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - D.O.O.M - 02-07-2009 08:25 AM

thxTakes Hat offCheers!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hazkar - 02-07-2009 11:12 PM

oh,i mostly like the perry models,but this one looks idiotic...
the dwarfs are nice,but the anvil doesnt fit...it doesnt catch the dwarfen kind of spirit,know what i´m talking about?

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borka - 02-08-2009 04:44 AM

I'm in, as a CDO:er I feel I have to contribute to the 16+ Big Grin. I started working on an earthshaker today. This is going to be fun I think, I have some pretty nice ideas.

cheers

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 02-08-2009 05:14 AM

mine will probably be finished tommorow

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 02-08-2009 11:16 AM

I have just got mine done!!!!!!!! Victory is mine!!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Grimstonefire - 02-08-2009 12:07 PM

Incase I am running short on time I think I will paint only 2 crew to start with, then paint the machine, then if I have time paint the 3rd crew.  A few fiddly bits on mine keep slowing me down Sad  I keep seeing all the bits I thought I'd leave until the end...

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 02-08-2009 12:14 PM

machine done, only crewmen left to paint Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hazkar - 02-08-2009 12:29 PM

my machine just need to be painted,and then i´m done

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Ishkur Cinderhat - 02-08-2009 01:33 PM

You're all in quite a rush, seeing that we have almost three weeks left to complete our entries. Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 02-08-2009 01:41 PM

Then there are some of us still plodding through construction...

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Pyro Stick - 02-08-2009 01:54 PM

Im going to have to start working on anohter entry since i havent recieved the parts i need to complete my first idea so i might as well have a back up plan just in case they dont arrive.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 02-08-2009 04:07 PM

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:
You're all in quite a rush, seeing that we have almost three weeks left to complete our entries. Big Grin

I'll be needing those weeks most definitly! Maybe I won't be able to make it...Unsure

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 02-08-2009 05:34 PM

Obsidian Wrote:
Maybe I won't be able to make it...Unsure

oh come on! don't be such a sissy! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 02-08-2009 07:08 PM

Obsidian Wrote:

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:

I'll be needing those weeks most definitly! Maybe I won't be able to make it...Unsure

Seriously, man up Sally!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 02-09-2009 05:31 AM

*sigh* Just the motivation I needed, lol! Tongue

I've been sneaky and followed Grim's way, just two crew and a slave for now.
I really wish I didn't plan a short holiday in this month! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - tjub - 02-09-2009 05:39 AM

The machines are done and hopefully the crew will be too today... Sweet! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Swissdictator - 02-09-2009 12:01 PM

If I have a question if my idea is acceptable, who do I ask?

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - grom - 02-09-2009 12:07 PM

hmmm... I start to think if its good time to start my project Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 02-09-2009 12:27 PM

swissdictator Wrote:
If I have a question if my idea is acceptable, who do I ask?

I ussually PM Willmark as he is around most often! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hashut's Blessing - 02-10-2009 06:20 PM

Any of the staff are acceptable, but Willmark is on most, probably (usually) followed by myself.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 02-11-2009 05:42 AM

im done  with mine !!!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 02-11-2009 06:22 AM

still need to finsish the sculpting work

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 02-11-2009 06:36 AM

3 crewmen left to paint here Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - tjub - 02-12-2009 02:05 AM

Wow, Im done too... Just need to get the pics. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 02-13-2009 02:27 PM

done! muahahahahaaa...Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Revlid - 02-13-2009 04:40 PM

More or less done modelling the crew, and I've undercoated the machine itself. Time to get painting, I guess.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - cornixt - 02-13-2009 05:19 PM

I guess I'd better get cracking this weekend.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Revlid - 02-15-2009 09:26 AM

Setting up a checklist here to motivate myself.

FINISHED:
Most of the Doomblaster itself.
Most of one crewmember.

UNPAINTED:
Two crewmembers.
Doomblaster wheels.
Doomblaster bellows.

UNMODELLED:
Details on one Crewman
One Crewman's hands+barrel
Doomblaster lever
Bases!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 02-15-2009 10:22 AM

There is some great stuff in already everyone lets get cracking an make sure you get your entry in on time.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 02-16-2009 03:52 AM

Things to do:
- sculpting the latest things on the warmachine.
- finish sculpting the third crew member.
- painting everything.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 02-16-2009 04:48 AM

Did finish sculpting the warmachine and painting is 25% done. Crew is halfway converting/sculpting.

I can do this! Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Ishkur Cinderhat - 02-16-2009 03:11 PM

Warmachine: 80% sculpted.
Crew: 15% sculpted.
Time check: still 12 days to go. More than enough time. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Zanko - 02-16-2009 04:38 PM

I´m really eager to see all the sculptured and painted minis ...

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Grimstonefire - 02-16-2009 05:37 PM

If anyone gets the chance, make sure you take some pics before painting as well so we can see all the work you did after it's been judged.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 02-17-2009 01:46 AM

did it Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borka - 02-17-2009 11:49 AM

I finished sculpting the Warmachine and crew yesterday. Started painting today. I'm starting to think I'll make the deadline Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hazkar - 02-17-2009 01:59 PM

i´m almost finished,just need to paint one crew man.more then enough time,i think...

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-17-2009 06:56 PM

I ALWAYS come to these things too late. Please let me know 6 months in advance what "Golden Hat #9" is going to be. Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 02-18-2009 04:05 AM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
If anyone gets the chance, make sure you take some pics before painting as well so we can see all the work you did after it's been judged.

will do, almost finshed :p

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 02-18-2009 06:32 AM

ishkur  we moved the date back to march 1st for you !! so it would give you more time for your project!!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Ishkur Cinderhat - 02-18-2009 07:12 PM

Nice try, Kera. Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 02-18-2009 08:27 PM

That is a pretty sneaky hobgoblinish move on her part.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Swissdictator - 02-18-2009 08:28 PM

Willmark Wrote:
That is a pretty sneaky hobgoblinish move on her part.

I think that's worth a slave or two.

Maybe she's building a Hobgoblin launcher.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-18-2009 09:04 PM

I wonder if I could get something done in time. It's pretty close though!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - cornixt - 02-18-2009 09:32 PM

I'm half done, but it isn't turning out as good as I hoped. I might not be able to reimprove it in time though.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Revlid - 02-19-2009 01:53 PM

ACK! I need to get a move on!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 02-20-2009 03:53 AM

I realy need to speed things up a little Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Swissdictator - 02-20-2009 03:54 AM

I've got my done, I went back to my original plan. I was having a hard time figuring out how to do my other idea. :S

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - tjub - 02-21-2009 11:07 AM

Just submited my entry... Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borador - 02-21-2009 01:10 PM

Any chance there will be another GH of this caliber? I like the warmachine theme, but since  don't have the time to create one now, I just wondered if something like a GH for flyingmachines or something is planned.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - tjub - 02-21-2009 01:14 PM

Id like to see one for characters, wont take as much time as a warmachine... Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Canix - 02-21-2009 01:28 PM

Oh its getting close ,i wonder how many entries there will be Rolleyes place your bets i reckon 18 . I can think of three i could have made Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - dedwrekka - 02-21-2009 02:05 PM

tjub Wrote:
Id like to see one for characters, wont take as much time as a warmachine... Wink

I know we've done one for Rykarth the Unbreakable, and at least one previous one for lords/heroes. Maybe revisiting a previous topic would be good.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-21-2009 02:17 PM

Got mine done in 1 night! Now I just have to paint it and the crew.

I made a Dwarf Death Rocket Launcher using Evergreen Sheet Styrene, Plastruct Rod, Chaos Shields, and some other GW parts and small parts from some garbage electronics I have around the house.

Looks good!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Pyro Stick - 02-21-2009 03:22 PM

Im slowly getting an entry put together but its going to be cutting it close. I would say im 60% done.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borador - 02-22-2009 04:51 AM

Well, mabye I can finish it in time, only thing is that if got to work really hard then XD
And hard work ain't my thing ^^
If I can make it in time I'll surely enter.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Liam the Marxist - 02-22-2009 07:49 AM

I am about 3/4 of the way there, just a couple more days should do it.

(i knew there was good use for that snotling pump wagon)

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 02-22-2009 09:54 AM

I need to paint pretty much everything, but the basecoat is on, so its do able

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Groznit Goregut - 02-22-2009 10:03 AM

I'm quite interested in seeing these results.  I've been thinking how I don't like the old Earthshaker cannon and I am hoping to see something new.

Also, I think this contest is a good way to promote new ideas for Chaos Dwarfs since there have not been any new CD in a while.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 02-22-2009 10:18 AM

any ideas what the theme of GH#9 can be? Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 02-22-2009 02:37 PM

demi_morgana Wrote:
any ideas what the theme of GH#9 can be? Happy

Lets get through the voting process of GHVIII before worrying about that.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hammerhand - 02-22-2009 03:26 PM

not started yet.  the free time i was supposed to have never actually materialised and I don't have enough time to do it any justice now.  Why is work always busy when GH is on?  It's as if they know man - look forward to my entry about 2 weeks after the deadline Sick

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-23-2009 12:34 AM

Got mine finished. Just going to work on a base for these guys. HEY! These are actually the first CD's I've compleated! Thanx!

Additional info at 2:16 AM...

MY GUYS ARE DONE! MY GUYS ARE DONE!

Think I'll make a quick You-Tube Video as well.

Additional 4:45 AM - I sent PM to moderators. Please let me know if you got it.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hazkar - 02-24-2009 04:45 PM

YEHAAAAA!!!im done,finished,finis,fertig!!!
i send pm to the moderators,please let me know if you got it,too
now i can relax and look forward to the results of a great competition

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-24-2009 05:20 PM

I finished mine a few days ago. TRUST ME! You CAN'T relax! Big Grin

I want to post mine because they're the first set of CD's I've done, but then it's not fair to the contest and i don't want to be disqualified. So I'll just have to be itchy for a while yet. Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hazkar - 02-24-2009 05:30 PM

its my first finished cd model,too
and i feel exactly the same right now,i also want to post it
so we are some kind of brothers in pain(t)

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borka - 02-24-2009 05:42 PM

yeah baby! I will finish in time Happy

I have only one tiny detail left, but I need your help guys. Does anyone around here know if greenskins have green or red blood? Ten slaves to anyone who can give me an aswer with an official quote (like a story in an armybook or something similar) Big Grin

cheers

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Swissdictator - 02-24-2009 05:44 PM

Just need to do a little more work on the crew.

It'll be exciting to see exactly how many entries there are.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hazkar - 02-24-2009 05:51 PM

@ borka:they have green blood
said in "bloodmoney" by c.l.werner

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borka - 02-24-2009 06:06 PM

Hazkar Wrote:
@ borka:they have green blood
said in "bloodmoney" by c.l.werner

Thanks man! Slaves are coming yor way Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-24-2009 06:15 PM

Should be logical that they'd have Green Blood as they spawn from plant life.

Hazkar - I feel your pain. I think I might finish painting my figs that are NOT going to be in the contest. My warriors. I'll see if I can get them done in the next few days.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 02-24-2009 06:36 PM

Hmm, GW always paints Orc blood red as far as I remember...

There was a story behind this told by Andy Chambers once but since all my old White Dwarfs are at my dad's house I can't look it up for you.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-24-2009 06:42 PM

Paint the blood black. It always looks more horrifying when I do that in Silent Hill.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - WhyNotCrashDifferently? - 02-24-2009 06:57 PM

"An enormous orc turned to face him. A look of surprise froze forever on its face as Gotrek lopped off its head with one mighty stroke. Ruby blood spattered the Trollslayer's body."

From Trollslayer by William King.

"As an Orc ages, its skin becomes scabby, gnarled and even more impenetrable, to the point where the most determined sword stroke can cause only a scratch. If the skin is pierced and the purplish-red blood begins to flow, there is no guarantee that the wound will prevent the Orc from pulverising his opponent."

From the Orc and Goblin army book.

I've read descriptions of them having both green and black blood as well, though I can't remember where. Just pick whichever you prefer, I guess.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hazkar - 02-24-2009 07:14 PM

wow,so many colors just for blood?crazy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-24-2009 07:20 PM

Use a metallic colour. Looks more glittery! Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 02-24-2009 08:11 PM

i see you saw my model mr t!!!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 02-24-2009 08:39 PM

swissdictator Wrote:
It'll be exciting to see exactly how many entries there are.

There are indeed many and there are some impressive entries in.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Joshmohr - 02-24-2009 09:07 PM

I cant wait.. im entering my 'Gobbo blastaz

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-24-2009 09:16 PM

Didn't see your model Kera. Just was thinking of Testor's 1529 MF Ruby Red.

Are you entering?

Willmark...how many entries...as far as #'s go?

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Swissdictator - 02-25-2009 02:37 AM

Well I'm done and have taken pictures to boot.

On the plus side, I finally took some good pictures for a change.

Now to go submit.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Revlid - 02-25-2009 07:22 AM

Finished painting the warmachine - I'm having some trouble sticking the wheels on, but that's not an emergency. Yet.

As for the crew, I need to do the hair, skin, leather, and glass. And metal. :/

FINISHED:
The Doomblaster itself.
Most of one crewmember.

UNPAINTED:
Two crewmembers.

UNMODELLED:
Bases!
THE GODDAMN WHEELS ARGH WON'T STAY ON

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 02-25-2009 08:36 AM

still need to paint: alot

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-25-2009 02:17 PM

Still 3 days to go!

I hope my entry will be ok. I know a LOT of you guys are "Greenstuff Wizards".

My Warmachine is Greenstuff free. Just the crew was done.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - GRNDL - 02-25-2009 02:28 PM

Meh, GS or not, it comes down to the votes.

So start kissing babies, or the Warhammer/CD equivalent.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Swissdictator - 02-25-2009 02:29 PM

GRNDL Wrote:
Meh, GS or not, it comes down to the votes.

So start kissing babies, or the Warhammer/CD equivalent.

Tossing Hobgoblins into molten steel?

In my story on the forums I tossed Gandhi into molten steel to bless my entry...

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borka - 02-25-2009 08:17 PM

Done. Doner. Donest!

Pm sent!

Big Grin

thanks for all the answers to my question earlier.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Arashi - 02-26-2009 07:05 AM

Just have one crew member left, then I'm done. Will try to finish it today. Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 02-27-2009 08:21 AM

i sent mine in!!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borador - 02-27-2009 09:12 AM

Sent it in yesterday Happy check my conversion blog, posted a picture of it there Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Arashi - 02-27-2009 09:25 AM

Have sent mine now, it's in Xanders PM box.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Willmark - 02-27-2009 10:29 AM

Remember everyone send the links to the photos to the Golden Hat account that every Staff member can acess

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 02-27-2009 10:49 AM

well can you pm the members if you got them!!
i sent my !! but with the sever problems it took me two times!!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - dedwrekka - 02-27-2009 05:23 PM

It's almost time! Everyone got their entries in?

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hashut's Blessing - 02-27-2009 09:21 PM

Also, Willmark's not the only one that can access the account ^^

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 02-28-2009 05:48 AM

I'm afraid I can't enter, I don't have enough time to finish it.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 02-28-2009 06:35 AM

that's to bad furrie! i wish you could of made it

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 02-28-2009 08:15 AM

Had lots of 404 Errors while submitting my entry - and really don't know if I had succeed - any chance that someone could confirm receiving my submission?

Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 02-28-2009 09:19 AM

Could one of 8 member of the staff please let us know!!! Sorry !!one of the active 7 member of the staff!!!
  P L E A S E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is kinda important to us ! we don't have much here!!!! !but these contest are soooo
important to us!! we work hard to put them here!!
so  could you  let us know
i don't bite      hard!!

( the biting  part was a joke by the way)

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Ishkur Cinderhat - 02-28-2009 11:19 AM

What should they let you know, Kera? How many entries there are? I guess we are going to see that tomorrow! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - GRNDL - 02-28-2009 11:27 AM

I believe she's referring to Clam's request for affirmation that his entry has actually been received in spite of the errors he was getting from the website.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-28-2009 01:04 PM

Kera Wrote:
the biting  part was a joke by the way

Damn! There goes my chances! Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 02-28-2009 02:03 PM

first of all ishkur were not letting you win!!!
second one of the great mods !!! ghrask  informed me that mine made it !!
so thank you !!   this might be something that the staff can talk about.
to confirm one entry   on contest !!!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 02-28-2009 02:08 PM

Kera foehunter Wrote:
this might be something that the staff can talk about.
to confirm one entry   on contest !!!

hear, hear Big Grin Also had mine confirmed - thx. Ghrask D

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Canix - 02-28-2009 02:08 PM

Mines in,he he i am really looking forward seeing these Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Zanko - 02-28-2009 04:12 PM

I´m really curious how much entrys there will be and what they will look alike!!!

Should the best one win the contest!

... and the others could a least have fun with their new slaves Happy

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Xander - 02-28-2009 04:43 PM

Just check your Sent Items to confirm that your entries were delivered. Happy
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/private.php?fid=2

I often send confirmations if they are requested in the PM. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Revlid - 02-28-2009 09:27 PM

Finished.

I sent in my entry at 10-11 ish, and then had to resend it a few hours later because I stupidly sent six images instead of four (compilation images are a no-no).

Now, I wait - I'm happy with my entry beyond words, and safe in the knowledge that even if I don't win anything, I get the compensation prize of having seen AT LEAST three entries more awesome than mine.

Bring on the voting thread.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - WhyNotCrashDifferently? - 02-28-2009 09:36 PM

Revlid Wrote:
(compilation images are a no-no).

Err, I guess I'm sending another PM to Golden Hat, lol.

Sent a new, proper private message. Rule noted and filed for future non-screwuppery.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Xander - 03-01-2009 01:45 AM

Entries are being formatted for the poll!  This might take a while!! Takes Hat off

We have many entries, well done to all!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 03-01-2009 04:43 AM

And how many is many entries to be excat?? Wink - we really would like to know Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Golden Hat - 03-01-2009 05:27 AM

Xander here...

I think there are 28 entries.  I have formatted 16 of them... I've been working hard to make them look as best I can within the traditionally defined space.

But alas, it's 4:30am here and I must break for sleep!  Sorry to all my European friends! I am going to sleep for about 7 hours, and resume the work!

Sorry for the delay!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 03-01-2009 05:50 AM

A massiv 28 - that's way more like it. Great work guys and girls. It will be so hard just to get in the top 10 Happy

Looking forward to see them all - sleep tight Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Swissdictator - 03-01-2009 05:52 AM

Cheers! Here is to Xander working hard into the wee hours of the night for us! On behalf of all of us we thank you Xander! Cheers!

Your hard work is really appreciated!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Ishkur Cinderhat - 03-01-2009 06:39 AM

OMG Shock 28! How many points will we be allowed to give? ^^ I have a feeling we might not be able to decide this in one round.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 03-01-2009 06:51 AM

Yes, 'we' might have to just narrow it down to something like 5 or 10 - and then do a second round to find the winner.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 03-01-2009 07:03 AM

ishkur   where after the gold 28 of us!!
well this will be a tough one , but look at the victory!!
i wish you all  luck and i will start my list of who is who min
of course i will not post it till it done

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 03-01-2009 07:23 AM

Weah, we will be needing a bigger medal for this one - like a world champion trophy Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hazkar - 03-01-2009 07:40 AM

or a title belt

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Canix - 03-01-2009 08:59 AM

clam Wrote:
Weah, we will be needing a bigger medal for this one - like a world champion trophy Big Grin

Or  a crown/hat made of gold and bound with the spirit of Tallhat Big Grin

28 thats a great many to format Cheers! to the staff for there hard work and may the longest beard win!Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 03-01-2009 09:29 AM

28! That friggin awesome!

Hope to see all the wonderful stuff people came up with soon! Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Borador - 03-01-2009 09:32 AM

Thats a lot, now I really gotta have some luck to win.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Golden Hat - 03-01-2009 11:59 AM

After only 6 hours sleep ( e.e ), I am back at it!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Obsidian - 03-01-2009 12:06 PM

Yay Xander! Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Zanko - 03-01-2009 12:33 PM

I´m really curious of the results/pics! Big Grin

Xander you´ll make it ... Takes Hat off

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 03-01-2009 12:36 PM

move faster Xander! it's getting slowly dark here in Poland! Tongue Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Ishkur Cinderhat - 03-01-2009 01:02 PM

Hah, this is really exciting. ^^ Hope the voting thread will be up before we go to sleep around here.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - furrie - 03-01-2009 01:03 PM

it would be nice to see the entries today.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 03-01-2009 01:08 PM

or tonight... Wink

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Zanko - 03-01-2009 01:11 PM

Yes indeed! Happy

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-01-2009 01:25 PM

Wonder how it's going?

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Kera foehunter - 03-01-2009 01:27 PM

now no drinking!!!!!! 6 hour of sleep bah!! are you not a immortal ??

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Golden Hat - 03-01-2009 02:10 PM

Entries formatted, making poll.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-01-2009 02:19 PM

YEAH!

Can't wait to see everyone's pics! Hope mine look ok compaired to everybody else.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Zanko - 03-01-2009 02:21 PM

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:
YEAH!

Can't wait to see everyone's pics! Hope mine look ok compaired to everybody else.

I share your hope ...!!! Happy

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-01-2009 02:23 PM

I'd hate to build somethign and find out it sucks. Anyway, that's just negative thinking on my part. At least this will be a real benchmark for me.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Hazkar - 03-01-2009 02:30 PM

oh...im so nervous...cant wait much longer
think im the fifth time on this side today,just to check if the pics where online...

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-01-2009 02:32 PM

Yeah...I bet a LOT of us are getting "Itchy".

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Swissdictator - 03-01-2009 02:34 PM

While you guys have been chatting away I got 16 Dwarfs closer to being Chaos Dwarfs for my new army! Tongue

I've gotten a lot of work done this morning! It helps pass the time.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Xander - 03-01-2009 02:35 PM

Pics up, go submit votes! e.e

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - Ghrask Dragh - 03-01-2009 04:31 PM

Well done Xander mate, have a drink on me Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - demi_morgana - 03-01-2009 04:34 PM

voted! Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition - clam - 03-01-2009 05:33 PM

Canix Wrote:

clam Wrote:

Or  a crown/hat made of gold and bound with the spirit of Tallhat Big Grin

That would be soooooo awesome Big Grin