CDO Forums
Golden Hat #9 - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat #9 (/showthread.php?tid=5319)

Golden Hat #9 - Willmark - 05-06-2009 09:14 PM

Welcome to the 9th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

By popular demand the Staff are pleased to announce the following competition for the 9th Golden Hat miniature contest:
Create a Bull Centaur!

Subject Matter
Create a Bull Centaur

So what do we mean by this?

Create a Chaos Dwarf single miniature themed on a 'Bull Centaur'.

Unlike some of our Golden Hat themes there are several ways you can interpret this.  So you can make:
- Bull Centaur Lord
- Bull Centaur Hero (can be a Battle Standard Bearer if you wish)
- Bull Centaur (a command model if you prefer)
- A 'Bull Centaur' themed special character.

I have tried to leave this as open as possible within the theme, so if people want to create something completely new they can.  Remember of course that we will all interpret the 'Bull Centaur' theme in a different way, so hopefully our entries will not all look the same!

Basing
In the past we may have insisted that a model like this should be based on a game legal base.  For this one (and maybe more), your entry can be based based on a circular display base if you prefer (up to 50mm), a cavalry base, or maybe even a 20mm x 40mm base (Wink).  Doing it this way opens it up to really show off more about your model, but (being a single miniature) it cannot be in combat with anything else on the base.  Bodies incorporated into the base etc are ok.

Particulars
Due Date: 11:59 PM 29th June 2009 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Subject Matter:  Create a 'Bull Centaur'

What is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM 29th June 2009 (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 8 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. in order to avoid problems. I "highly advise" that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Swissdictator - 05-06-2009 09:22 PM

AWESOME! Perfect timing for this too!

I shall begin my evil project!

*cackles maniacly on the way to the painting table*

RE: Golden Hat IX - GRNDL - 05-06-2009 10:34 PM

Meh.  I think I'm going to have a hard time putting in a greenskin for this comp.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Joshmohr - 05-06-2009 11:23 PM

Good...Good....

I shall begin! *Crackles madly, hissing, and foaming at the mouth*

RE: Golden Hat IX - tjub - 05-07-2009 01:47 AM

Ah, cool... Ive already got an idea! Happy

RE: Golden Hat IX - Servius - 05-07-2009 03:30 AM

Your all doomed..

RE: Golden Hat IX - Loki - 05-07-2009 03:36 AM

at last i have a use for that spare bull centaur that i have had laying around for so long now Happy

RE: Golden Hat IX - warh - 05-07-2009 03:59 AM

now i got a good reason to do my bull centaursHappy

RE: Golden Hat IX - clam - 05-07-2009 04:09 AM

Awesome Takes Hat off

- but the stupid dane needs some clarification on this:

Willmark Wrote:
I have tried to leave this as open as possible within the theme, so if people want to create something completely new they can.  Remember of course that we will all interpret the 'Bull Centaur' theme in a different way, so hopefully our entries will not all look the same!

Do this "something completly new" means that I can do something thats not a Bull-body/dwarf torso creature - like boar centaurs, spider centaures ect. - or could I even do some kind of cavalry looking figure - like a dwarf riding a cool monster? as long as I keep it on a 50x25mm base?

RE: Golden Hat IX - furrie - 05-07-2009 04:51 AM

I have the same question as clam, if the answer is yes I have a very cool idea for the comp Tongue

RE: Golden Hat IX - Thommy H - 05-07-2009 04:59 AM

Well the competition is for a Bull Centaur... Clue's in the name, guys.

RE: Golden Hat IX - fondu77 - 05-07-2009 05:13 AM

"I'll be there" quoted a bad song

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 05-07-2009 06:43 AM

sound great !!!!    i get cracking

RE: Golden Hat IX - clam - 05-07-2009 06:47 AM

Thommy H Wrote:
Well the competition is for a Bull Centaur... Clue's in the name, guys.

Well as said I'm stupid - but to me it says 'Bull Centaur' and not plain Bull Centaur. The plings could indicate that 'count as' would/could be accepted. In danish that is of course.

So for the non english guys here - can it be a bit more accurate? Can it be a count as BC model? - or shall it have a bull body/dwarf torso?

RE: Golden Hat IX - Thorne - 05-07-2009 06:54 AM

Cheers! today I begin what I have wanted to do for such a long time. Today I begin my Chaos dwarves ! (starting with the bull centuar that is)

RE: Golden Hat IX - ryanamandaanna - 05-07-2009 09:50 AM

Ugh.  I just finished a unit of 5 Bull Centaurs...  I guess now I have an excuse to work on a Hero...

RE: Golden Hat IX - Pyro Stick - 05-07-2009 10:36 AM

Ill just be entering a normal Bull Centaur as ive got about 7 needing painted up. I would have preferred this to have been for more than one Bull Centaur though.

RE: Golden Hat IX - clam - 05-07-2009 11:10 AM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
Ill just be entering a normal Bull Centaur as ive got about 7 needing painted up. I would have preferred this to have been for more than one Bull Centaur though.

Register - 6 more times then - and you can enter all 7 Wink

RE: Golden Hat IX - Zanko - 05-07-2009 11:27 AM

May Hashut bless my work - count me in! Takes Hat off

The "stupid" German has also a question ... Wink

can we use a "normal" Bull Centaur model or must we create a complete new model from different bits?

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hashut's Blessing - 05-07-2009 11:55 AM

Mwahahahaha. I have two to make (well, 6, but two to make for this) and so I have double the chance of not winning Big Grin Of course I can only enter one, but it;s a case of choosing between classic character or self-made (idea stolen elsewhere) unit command? Well, we'll see which I decide is more worthwhile.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Tarrakk Blackhand - 05-07-2009 12:17 PM

I have made my Bull Centaur Battle Standard Bearer @ 3 weeks ago, but haven't painted him. (Remeber my You Tube video?)

I'm not sure why there's a June deadline, but hopefully I can get a digital camera by then and get some good photo's off. At least there's that opportunity!

I might also start another Bull Centaur, but I hate the idea of customizing my last 2 Grudge Ponies as I was going to keep them for a Dwarf Mine I was going to build for some instore gamming. I also guess I'm going to have to write off my last (for sale) box of Dwarf Warriors. Oh well....I think I'm the only guy playing them anyway!Big Grin

@ Clam....I think the best way to answer your contest question is in Danish : Jeg Vill De Ikke! Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat IX - Grimstonefire - 05-07-2009 12:53 PM

clam Wrote:
Do this "something completly new" means that I can do something thats not a Bull-body/dwarf torso creature - like boar centaurs, spider centaures ect. - or could I even do some kind of cavalry looking figure - like a dwarf riding a cool monster? as long as I keep it on a 50x25mm base?

The actual theme is a 'bull centaur'.  So a spider centaur does not really fit into that theme as well as something on 4 legs.  A boar is a little more open to interpretation, as some people may feel a lot more comfortable using that as a base for their entry.  I wouldn't want to stop these people from entering if they consider it to be a bull centaur.

A CD mounted on something is not a centaur.  Unless he happens to have no legs, and his mount has no head ... Wink

The 'completely new' part of that was intended to allow people to create a robotic/ daemonic bull centaur etc if they wanted to without feeling that they would not be allowed to enter it.  Some people may do upper bodies with an actual bull head etc.  The main thing I wanted to achieve with this theme is to open it up so people did not feel they HAD to stick to the 'traditional' image we all associate with the Bull Centaurs.

So stick to the 'bull centaur' theme; something involving bulls and preferably on bull like legs.

You could do a spider themed bull centaur simply by doing 4 mechanical legs that ended in spikes.

I have seen a BC lord in the past that was the size of a giant!  Although I increased the base size to allow for scenic bases, I think people should bear in mind that an entry this big may not score as highly as others.

If anyone was looking for inspiration, I just had an idea (not the one I will be using).  What about a Bull Centaur Sorcerer!  It would be considered a themed lord/ hero or a special character.  If you did him rearing up you might even be able to get away with 20mm x 20mm base and treat him as a regular sorcerer to be ranked up.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Tarrakk Blackhand - 05-07-2009 01:00 PM

Hmmm...a reversed Bull Centaur....makes me think of that Red Dwarf episode where The Cat was telling Rimmer that he wanted to meet a Mermaid that had the fish head on top and woman's legs on the bottom because the girl on top, fish body was boring!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 05-07-2009 01:40 PM

so a cow centaur would be out ????

RE: Golden Hat IX - Ishkur Cinderhat - 05-07-2009 01:40 PM

Aw this is a tough one.
Hmm... it would give me a chance to try a new take on my bull centaur design, though! ^^

Willmark Wrote:
For this one (and maybe more), your entry can be based based on a circular display base if you prefer (up to 50mm), a cavalry base, or maybe even a 20mm x 40mm base (Wink).  

What kind of a base is 20x40mm? Shock

RE: Golden Hat IX - apocalypstia - 05-07-2009 01:45 PM

Kera foehunter Wrote:
so a cow centaur would be out ????

Well there are more ways than one to make a bull centaur... not just deity interventions.... lol.. a nice cow centaur could be so cute...

woot!!! I was a little apprehensive about entering the artisans comp, but this one shouldnt be an issue, so my first golden hat aspirations.. definately gives me reason to start crack'in on the ole'bull centaur idea.

looking forward to the fun.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Thommy H - 05-07-2009 01:45 PM

It's one that's about 20mm by 40mm. GW don't make one like that of course, but if one were to theoretically come into existence somehow I guess it would be okay.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Sojourn - 05-07-2009 01:54 PM

what about... a bull centaur UNICORN!? eh? eh? Wink

I doubt I'll enter, CMA in full gear, but I KNOW I'll vote Wink super excited guys.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 05-07-2009 02:01 PM

Come on sojourn!!!! now that would of been the winner!!!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hashut's Blessing - 05-08-2009 02:02 PM

A cow centaur is simply a female bull centaur and so I think we'll allow it Wink Mind you, we all know that if at least one comes up, one of them will be Kera's Big Grin

Sojourn, if you're BC's have single horns, that's fine Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 05-08-2009 02:30 PM

well if everyone knows it mine !! i have a good chance of beating ishkur !!!!!

RE: Golden Hat IX - TwilightCo - 05-08-2009 02:53 PM

Eh, why not. They are the only troop type I DON'T have in my army... which I should take pictures of. Rats, I still have tones of them to draw too.  Sad

RE: Golden Hat IX - GRNDL - 05-08-2009 02:56 PM

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
A cow centaur is simply a female bull centaur and so I think we'll allow it Wink Mind you, we all know that if at least one comes up, one of them will be Kera's Big Grin

From what I know, Bull centaurs have a lot of tackle that cow centaurs would be missing, and cow centaurs have a lot of features thankfully missing in bulls, soooo....

If these were Bovine-centaurs, I would agree, but the competition is for BULL centaurs and if species are regulated by this motion, then so should gender... And if gender is not an issue, then we should allow cross-species centaurization as well....

After all, its not like this is an extension of GW Canon for Chaos Dwarves anyway; the last GH and the recent Artisan's Contest was anything but...

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hashut's Blessing - 05-08-2009 03:00 PM

Bull-centaur IS the species, a cow-centaur is, presumably, a female of it, otherwise it's a slang term for one. That's my reading of it, anyhow. The staff shall discuss and decide.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 05-08-2009 03:44 PM

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the contest will be over before the staff could decide this !!
i do a bull its ok!!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Grimstonefire - 05-08-2009 05:20 PM

'Bull centaur' is like having 'beastmen'.  There is no mention of the female of the species.  I agree a Bull is not a Cow, but I doubt we would make this a seriously unbalanced competition to allow it.  Just remember to include udders. Wink

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hashut's Blessing - 05-12-2009 04:11 PM

Thanks GSF, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't assuming the opinion of the other staff members, but we're agreed now it seems.

Bull Centaur is the race for the purposes of this competition, not the gender.

RE: Golden Hat IX - tjub - 05-13-2009 04:43 AM

If not able to beat last GH, I do hope we get atleast 15 entrys. Shouldnt be a problem since there is alot of good BCs on CDO! Happy

RE: Golden Hat IX - kerbak - 05-13-2009 11:22 AM

Takes Hat off This a very good oportunity to end my unit and make a New hero...

i saw a question but no the answer) on.. do we have to create Bull centaurs, or could we make some conversions in a classic Bull centur??

RE: Golden Hat IX - Tarrakk Blackhand - 05-13-2009 12:51 PM

GRNDL - I work in the cattle industry and I have heard the truckers stories of them getting charged by female cattle. I didn't know before, but they can charge too and be equilly damaging!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Zanko - 05-13-2009 01:16 PM

tjub Wrote:
If not able to beat last GH, I do hope we get atleast 15 entrys. Shouldnt be a problem since there is alot of good BCs on CDO! Happy

You can count on me! Takes Hat off

I hope my Bullcentaur will get more votes than my warmachine ... Sad

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Willmark - 05-14-2009 06:32 AM

Cow tipping was a sport in my old home town Wink

RE: Golden Hat IX - centauro enano - 05-14-2009 06:48 AM

Figure has to be painted?

I read the bases, but not me to be entirely clear.

RE: Golden Hat IX - tjub - 05-14-2009 11:23 AM

centauro enano Wrote:
Figure has to be painted?

I read the bases, but not me to be entirely clear.

I belive so...

RE: Golden Hat IX - two_heads_talking - 05-14-2009 12:24 PM

Willmark Wrote:
Cow tipping was a sport in my old home town Wink

hmm, now that would be an awesome diorama... lol

hobbits knocking over centaurs.. lol

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 05-14-2009 05:30 PM

cow tipping ?? you paythe cows  a tip when you get Milk from them ????
You guys are different in the up state of New York

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hashut's Blessing - 05-15-2009 05:01 PM

Right, still need to find a suitable weapon for my pre-made BC and then paint it. Also, I need to get work on my unit of them, so I can alternatively enter one of those... However, I do have a while, so I may be able to take some more time. As always, I don;t expect to win, but I'ma enter for the fun of it Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat IX - centauro enano - 05-17-2009 02:40 PM

I do not feel involved then, good luck to all Cheers! Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat IX - dedwrekka - 05-17-2009 04:48 PM

After the images we send in are up and voting begins, can we add other images of the entry in army logs and the like?

RE: Golden Hat IX - Pyro Stick - 05-18-2009 05:12 AM

dedwrekka Wrote:
After the images we send in are up and voting begins, can we add other images of the entry in army logs and the like?

I would only post your entry in your blog after voting is finished.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 05-19-2009 06:43 PM

also  do not post on other sites  please !!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hashut's Blessing - 05-20-2009 08:05 AM

Well, thus far, I have not looked for a weapon for the traditional BC, but I HAVE nowofficially begun work on the self-made bull centaur Big Grin It looks like this could be fun :p

RE: Golden Hat IX - Schlanger - 05-20-2009 04:32 PM

I believe I can't enter with a bull centaur which is in my army blog, even if it is an unfinished one there? Should be totally new and never seen before/ Right?

I'm in.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hashut's Blessing - 05-20-2009 06:42 PM

It's preferable to have it new/unseen. It's also beneficial to you as it means people haven't already begun to form an opinion. it simply brings everything onto a more even playing ground.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Pyro Stick - 05-20-2009 06:43 PM

Schlanger Wrote:
I believe I can't enter with a bull centaur which is in my army blog, even if it is an unfinished one there? Should be totally new and never seen before/ Right?

Well im going to enter a bull centaur that there are probably unfinished pics of in my blog. But im just painting up na original so its not that big a deal and i have stripped a lot of my bull centaurs since the last pics of them were taken probably.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Schlanger - 05-21-2009 04:05 PM

so, before I start- it can be a monster on monster base, a piece of machinery, a hero, a cavalry model, anything that has no rules for, but on a base from 20x20 to 50x50 and having a hoofed bestial body and humanoid torso, beard, and dwarven style. And it should be something from the warhammer universe. Right?

RE: Golden Hat IX - dedwrekka - 05-21-2009 04:53 PM

Schlanger Wrote:
so, before I start- it can be a monster on monster base, a piece of machinery, a hero, a cavalry model, anything that has no rules for, but on a base from 20x20 to 50x50 and having a hoofed bestial body and humanoid torso, beard, and dwarven style. And it should be something from the warhammer universe. Right?

I think the general consensus was that it also has to be bovine in appearance as well, at least bull centaur themed.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 05-22-2009 12:23 PM

oboy i have a great one now so be warned

RE: Golden Hat IX - Zanko - 05-22-2009 01:17 PM

Kera foehunter Wrote:

Could it be a huge female undead, zombie, Cowcentaurheroine?!?!?! Tongue

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Astranagant - 05-22-2009 10:59 PM

One word:

Mechano-udders...

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hashut's Blessing - 05-26-2009 02:59 PM

Schangler, it must be able to be recognised as being able to be called a bull centaur, whatever your interpretation of that may be.

On that note, I finally began work on mine about 5 days ago, but haven't had the chance/time to continue since. May do so tonight though Wink

RE: Golden Hat IX - furrie - 05-27-2009 11:44 AM

I still need to find time to start this thing Tongue

RE: Golden Hat IX - Arashi - 05-27-2009 01:18 PM

I will not be able to participate in this one. Sadly, because I really wanted to try a bullcentaur Sad

RE: Golden Hat IX - Gundini - 05-27-2009 10:37 PM

I think ill enter ill have too find something too make the Centaur part out of my first one used a grudge pony and it just didnt look right.

RE: Golden Hat IX - furrie - 05-28-2009 06:51 AM

I finally began, just need to at a lot of GS and paint Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat IX - tjub - 05-28-2009 07:24 AM

Im almost ready with the building process, just painting left... Happy

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 05-28-2009 01:21 PM

i might start my this week end

RE: Golden Hat IX - kerbak - 06-01-2009 02:47 PM

Im very exited with this contest, it will be my first time that I be part on a contest here,, so lets hope someone like it,, now i just need to start, and find nice bits to complete it Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Schlanger - 06-02-2009 08:21 AM

Zanko Wrote:

Kera foehunter Wrote:

Hashut!

No, I'm sure it's a pirate... Or at least it involves pirates.

RE: Golden Hat IX - dedwrekka - 06-02-2009 01:42 PM

Schlanger Wrote:

Zanko Wrote:

Kera foehunter Wrote:

Hashut!

No, I'm sure it's a pirate... Or at least it involves pirates.

Pirate-ninja-cow-centaur-zombie-vampire-female*-heroine?

Of course, a Pirate-ninja-cow-centaur-zombie-vampire-male-heroine would be hard to model.

Edit: Oooh, Seacow-centaur!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Tarrakk Blackhand - 06-02-2009 04:02 PM

dedwrekka Wrote:
Seacow-centaur

We'll name her "Sea-biscuit"!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hazkar - 06-03-2009 05:55 PM

im in,too
my one just need a little bit sculpting work for the armor and then i have to paint it...
im a slow painter,but it should be possible

RE: Golden Hat IX - demi_morgana - 06-04-2009 12:52 AM

unfortunately this time I'm not playing with you guys Sad
but I really hope to participate in GH X Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat IX - clam - 06-04-2009 02:22 AM

Sad to hear 'demi' - know you could/would have come up with something cool.

Willmark Wrote:
If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

Hmm! - no xxx@chaos-dwarfs.com -e-mail address prize this time? I'm sure it would have motivate me getting started Sad - but still a few days left

RE: Golden Hat IX - demi_morgana - 06-04-2009 02:45 AM

I regret that too but releasing new Moscals is pretty time consuming and to build bull-centaur I'd have to sacrifice one of models I often use for gaming Wink

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 06-04-2009 07:13 PM

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:

dedwrekka Wrote:
Seacow-centaur

We'll name her "Sea-biscuit"!

i like that idea Takes Hat offTakes Hat off
a sea cow Ninja killing machine

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hazkar - 06-05-2009 05:56 PM

sculpting nearly done,just some detail work left for the weekend
looks like im in time

RE: Golden Hat IX - Willmark - 06-07-2009 09:32 AM

clam Wrote:
Sad to hear 'demi' - know you could/would have come up with something cool.

Willmark Wrote:
If you win:

Hmm! - no xxx@chaos-dwarfs.com -e-mail address prize this time? I'm sure it would have motivate me getting started Sad - but still a few days left

Sorry they aren't mine to hand out.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Zanko - 06-07-2009 01:27 PM

Task accomplished! Cheers!

Pics were send! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hazkar - 06-07-2009 04:59 PM

sculpting is done
where is my brush and my paint?

@zanko:cant wait to see your entrance

RE: Golden Hat IX - Thommy H - 06-07-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

I didn't know your bread was buttered on that side, Hazkar.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hashut's Blessing - 06-08-2009 11:16 AM

Not heard that euphimism before (still haven't, simply read it, lol).

I have done some of the sculptig and chosen the weapon options now. Just a little more construction work and then undercoating and painting Wink

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hazkar - 06-08-2009 03:19 PM

Thommy H Wrote:

Quote:

I didn't know your bread was buttered on that side, Hazkar.

argh!my dark secret was discovered!!!Tongue Wink

RE: Golden Hat IX - Obsidian - 06-10-2009 10:49 AM

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with! Cheers!:

RE: Golden Hat IX - demi_morgana - 06-10-2009 11:18 AM

are you participating Skr... eee... Obsidian? Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat IX - Obsidian - 06-10-2009 05:05 PM

No, too busy with other stuff.

RE: Golden Hat IX - kefas - 06-10-2009 06:24 PM

I bought gs and pro create yesterday and I really hope menage to create bc before deadline.

RE: Golden Hat IX - kerbak - 06-11-2009 10:06 AM

Hey Im already start with this,, i think I will have it ready during this week,,, i think its looking very good

RE: Golden Hat IX - clam - 06-11-2009 11:17 AM

@Obsidian
Sad to here Wink guess, that we'll see some Obsidian work in upcomming GHs, then.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hashut's Blessing - 06-11-2009 12:49 PM

I need to get back to work on this. However, I kind of need some shoulderpads, which I have none of since I'm at my girlfriend's house. Looks like I'll need to do some greenstuffing then Wink

RE: Golden Hat IX - kerbak - 06-11-2009 02:53 PM

Shock i get completely lost with something:  for when is the deadline???
where do I have to send pictures???

Big Grin hope to be still on time

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hazkar - 06-11-2009 03:30 PM

@kerbak:just look at the first side of this thread,there is everything explained

RE: Golden Hat IX - dedwrekka - 06-11-2009 06:07 PM

Can we send in photos that contain close-ups of parts within the photo?

Such as this one of my Chaos Dwarf Lord:

(Done entirely in Photobucket's edit program)

RE: Golden Hat IX - kerbak - 06-12-2009 06:39 PM

dedwrekka Wrote:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/Dedwrekka/Chaos%20Dwarfs/P5310032-2.jpg

HEY Very Nice Chaos Dwarf Lord Shock(mine looks as threatening as a tiny snotling next to yours)

waht do you use for body torso

RE: Golden Hat IX - dedwrekka - 06-12-2009 07:16 PM

kerbak Wrote:

dedwrekka Wrote:

HEY Very Nice Chaos Dwarf Lord Shock(mine looks as threatening as a tiny snotling next to yours)

Gortun Grundback a Merc from Warmachine
I'm actually doing a slew of conversions based on his battlegroup (That I picked up from Ein)

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hashut's Blessing - 06-14-2009 02:41 PM

kerbak: have a quick check back to the very first post and it shall explain everything.

It turns out that I managed to get mine finished and I'm very proud of it, even if it gets no votes!

RE: Golden Hat IX - kerbak - 06-15-2009 09:06 AM

dedwrekka Wrote:

kerbak Wrote:

dedwrekka Wrote:

Very good , looks awesome

Gortun Grundback a Merc from Warmachine
I'm actually doing a slew of conversions based on his battlegroup (That I picked up from Ein)

RE: Golden Hat IX - kerbak - 06-15-2009 09:07 AM

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
kerbak: have a quick check back to the very first post and it shall explain everything.

It turns out that I managed to get mine finished and I'm very proud of it, even if it gets no votes!

Duly noted,, thanks,,, can wait for see all bull centurs,,, i have made done, and looks great,, now I just have to paint it

RE: Golden Hat IX - superfella - 06-15-2009 11:25 AM

i can actually enter this one, i recently painted my bull centaurs.

yey!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Ishkur Cinderhat - 06-15-2009 01:48 PM

Sadly I won't be able to participate in this one. I haven't yet had any cool ideas for a BC character and time is almost up to be able to realize a proper entry now. I'll just save all my creative energies for GHX! Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat IX - Snotling - 06-15-2009 06:21 PM

I'm forsaken by Hashut, so i won't be able do finish my BC in the next two weeks. to study sucks, no time for the cool stuff ^^. the good thing is, when i had hopes to joint the contest, i finally started my BCs... before i was too lazy to build all the parts...

RE: Golden Hat IX - tjub - 06-18-2009 02:59 AM

Tada, my entry is painted and varnished... Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat IX - Skink - 06-18-2009 06:51 AM

Wow, can't wait to see what you guyz came up with! It seems that this time it will be a HUGE competition! So sad that I haven't decided yet a design for BCUnsure

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hazkar - 06-20-2009 06:46 PM

my bc is painted now,just some detail work tomorrow and ill be finished
now i need some sleep...

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hazkar - 06-21-2009 04:57 PM

done!
finished painting and sent my pics in
now its time to lean back and wait

RE: Golden Hat IX - Willmark - 06-21-2009 08:17 PM

Reminder everyone the due date is the 29th.

RE: Golden Hat IX - kefas - 06-22-2009 08:57 PM

OMG! just 6 days! I hope do not late!

RE: Golden Hat IX - tjub - 06-23-2009 11:06 AM

Done, finally got around to send in the pics... Tongue

RE: Golden Hat IX - Xander - 06-23-2009 11:50 AM

I should power through an entry, lol.  Or at least convert something. Hrm...

RE: Golden Hat IX - Willmark - 06-24-2009 08:47 AM

I might have time to get mine shot and in for this, perhaps tonight...

RE: Golden Hat IX - Grimstonefire - 06-24-2009 05:10 PM

I will have to skip this one.  I started something a few weeks back and got about half way through, but I've been rushed off my feet and busy trying to finish my golden daemon entries asap.  Maybe next time.

RE: Golden Hat IX - kefas - 06-24-2009 06:49 PM

Im afraid I'll finish one hour before ending time Sad lots of work! lots of gs :>

RE: Golden Hat IX - kerbak - 06-25-2009 02:12 PM

Finally im ready, but i havent time to take the pictures, hot to take them today for sending them tomorrow,,,good luck to all participants

RE: Golden Hat IX - kefas - 06-26-2009 04:45 PM

almost finish gs work! I hope I'll finish paiting it until 29 Sad not to much time Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat IX - GRNDL - 06-26-2009 07:23 PM

I'm not even bothering. The Golden Hat has drained enough of my soul already!!! BAH!!!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 06-27-2009 06:03 AM

***Kera Takes the soul draining  lampreys off the back of Grndl**
and read property of Xander !!
Ohhhh  this is how he wins !!!!!!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Pyro Stick - 06-27-2009 11:08 AM

My entry is about 95% complete. Just need to glue it together, finish a few details and take some pics which i will send tomorrow.

RE: Golden Hat IX - chipie_ambrosia - 06-27-2009 08:01 PM

Hi,

I would like to participate on this. I have my boar centaur sculpt/conversion 90 % ready. It only has to cure. Do I have to paint it as well? Shall I take pictures of the process as well?

RE: Golden Hat IX - Ishkur Cinderhat - 06-28-2009 04:37 AM

Hi there chipie! Yes it has to be painted so better get going because you only have one day left till deadline. Wink You don't have to take pictures of the WIP, but it may be interesting after the contest to see such pictures.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Willmark - 06-28-2009 09:58 AM

Indeed you do and please send them into the Golden Hat user account, that all Staff can access goldenhat

RE: Golden Hat IX - Pyro Stick - 06-28-2009 10:31 AM

Entry sent. Finished it just in time as ive got to go away for a few days.

RE: Golden Hat IX - chipie_ambrosia - 06-28-2009 09:02 PM

Hi,

still painting. How much time do I have exactly till the deadline, because I can't find a converter to Eastern Standard Timezone. Here in Hungary we have CET. Am I right that I upload the pics e.g. to my homepage and send a PM to the Golden Hat account with the link to my pics. Any restrictions about the size of the pics? Or type? Is jpeg okay? What additional information is required?

RE: Golden Hat IX - Tarrakk Blackhand - 06-29-2009 03:29 AM

Got my entry finished! I was at a Tattoo Convention selling stuff from my store, Monster Hobbies.

I came home and finished the final details and picture taking/uploading.

I sure hope that "Golden Hat" gets it in time!

Please let me know!

RE: Golden Hat IX - clam - 06-29-2009 03:31 AM

EST is GMT -5 hours, so I would say deadline for us CETs is the 30th at 06.00 a.m. - but daylight saving time could change that a hour or so.

We don't have restrictions on size as Xander/Willmark will edit them and merge them together nicely - for reference try look at earlier GHs entries.

.jpeg should be fine and just upload them to a hosting site and then just PM the Golden Hat-user the links to your 4 pictures (max).

And last - welcome at the site Wink Looking forward seeing you entry Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat IX - chipie_ambrosia - 06-29-2009 07:58 PM

Finished and sent the PM. At last I can get some sleep.

RE: Golden Hat IX - kefas - 06-30-2009 12:15 AM

my entry time 11.55 P.M. uffff I menaged put my entry before end. It was really close! I find out about this competition two weeks ago!
actually I made decision near 2 weeks ago and I had 10 days to finish it. Short time but  did it! I didn't have a time to make properly photos Sad

RE: Golden Hat IX - clam - 06-30-2009 05:02 AM

So we have passed deadline - so how many entries? - did we beat the record??

Looking forward to see what all you guys (and maybe girls too) came up with for this one!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Tarrakk Blackhand - 06-30-2009 12:44 PM

Well, I hope my entry made it to the GH mailbox. I think all the staff went for summer holidays!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Willmark - 06-30-2009 12:49 PM

Nope. Some staff have been verY diligently working on a lot of stuff, often behind the scenes. Happy Right now best bet if you need someone is to get ahold of Wallacer, Grim or I for fastest response.

In terms of the Golden Hat... WOW! looks like 18 entries tying Golden Hat V for second most entries. So right there everyone will receive 18 slaves at the end of the competition.

The entries are awesome and there are some damn impressive ones. Excellent work all around everyone.

RE: Golden Hat IX - tjub - 06-30-2009 01:11 PM

Willmark Wrote:
Nope. Some staff have been verY diligently working on a lot of stuff, often behind the scenes. Happy Right now best bet if you need someone is to get ahold of Wallacer, Grim or I for fastest response.

In terms of the Golden Hat... WOW! looks like 18 entries tying Golden Hat V for second most entries. So right there everyone will receive 18 slaves at the end of the competition.

The entries are awesome and there are some damn impressive ones. Excellent work all around everyone.

Let us see them too! Shock

RE: Golden Hat IX - Bassman - 06-30-2009 02:21 PM

tjub Wrote:

Willmark Wrote:

Let us see them too! Shock

Agree, we wanna see them! When they'll be released? Happy

RE: Golden Hat IX - kerbak - 06-30-2009 03:03 PM

Thats very good, can wait to see all entries,,, good luck to all Tongue

RE: Golden Hat IX - clam - 07-01-2009 04:15 AM

You have had more than 24 hours now, so let us see them - will you? Wink

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:
Well, I hope my entry made it to the GH mailbox.

As standard we should have receipt when it's read, as the 'request read receipt' check box is marked:

- but ity don't seems to work! Somebody should fix that Wink

RE: Golden Hat IX - chipie_ambrosia - 07-01-2009 04:54 AM

Can't wait to see the pics. It will be a tough comptition I think. 18 entries. Happy

RE: Golden Hat IX - Willmark - 07-01-2009 06:23 AM

I would imagine if you are patient it might be soon... Happy

RE: Golden Hat IX - chipie_ambrosia - 07-01-2009 07:13 AM

Willmark Wrote:
I would imagine if you are patient it might be soon... Happy

"Patience my padawan is a virtue. Without it you would get to the dark side"

Oh no, it is already the dark side, because we are the dawi zharr. So no problemo senoir, I will wait. Takes Hat offCheers!

RE: Golden Hat IX - clam - 07-01-2009 07:38 AM

I'm not - so get on with it - pictures, now ............ please! Wink

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hazkar - 07-01-2009 11:34 AM

i agree with clam
PICTURES NOW!PICTURES NOW!PICTURES NOW!.....please

RE: Golden Hat IX - kerbak - 07-01-2009 02:23 PM

This is my first time on golden hat competition, so whats follows now? how do we vote? who vote?

RE: Golden Hat IX - Hazkar - 07-01-2009 02:45 PM

now we wait until they show us the pics
then you can send the number of your favorites via pm to golden hat(where you sended your pics) and we wait again until there is a second voting and they say us who wins,you see lot of waiting

ps:every member can vote

RE: Golden Hat IX - Pyro Stick - 07-01-2009 02:59 PM

Ive been away for a few days and was hoping that the voting thread would have opened already but i guess with all the entries it can take some time to edit all the pics. Cant wait to see all the entries though.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Bassman - 07-01-2009 05:03 PM

I believed patience was a dwarf's virtue. It seems I was wrong.... ehehhehehe Happy

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 07-01-2009 05:04 PM

hurray so we can vote !!!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Tarrakk Blackhand - 07-01-2009 05:05 PM

I checked with the "Tracking" feature in the mail box and it looks like my message was read at 11:29 AM yesterday. I hope that it was in time for the contest.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Willmark - 07-01-2009 05:07 PM

Tarakk yours made it in.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Tarrakk Blackhand - 07-01-2009 05:16 PM

Kool! Thanx Willmark. Glad to know I made the deadline as I worked hard to get my entry done in time despite running my hobby store and working night shift at my second job. Can't wait to see all the entries!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Skink - 07-02-2009 04:50 AM

Argh, WoH#5, GH#9, I can't wait to see em! The pain is excruciating!!!! We wanna see the puictures!!!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Willmark - 07-02-2009 07:29 AM

Guys while understandable its usually either Xander or I that has to do this. I just finished up the major production cyle on Word of Hashut #5. So stand by, most likely Xander will be posting this.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 07-02-2009 05:07 PM

A crowd is forming  !! waiting for the the voting

RE: Golden Hat IX - tjub - 07-02-2009 05:19 PM

RE: Golden Hat IX - dedwrekka - 07-02-2009 06:04 PM

tjub Wrote:

"Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble!"

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 07-02-2009 06:08 PM

dedwrekka Wrote:

tjub Wrote:

RE: Golden Hat IX - Jaakko - 07-02-2009 07:36 PM

Kera foehunter Wrote:

dedwrekka Wrote:

tjub Wrote:

RE: Golden Hat IX - GRNDL - 07-02-2009 08:17 PM

Meh, I don't care. Take your time.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Sojourn - 07-02-2009 11:40 PM

ugh, I don't want to read 8 pages of posts.

what's the theme? how many entered?

when does voting end?

RE: Golden Hat IX - dedwrekka - 07-02-2009 11:42 PM

Sojourn Wrote:
ugh, I don't want to read 8 pages of posts.

what's the theme? how many entered?

when does voting end?

Bull centaurs, 18, we're waiting for it to start

RE: Golden Hat IX - Xander - 07-03-2009 12:30 AM

Heh, you guys are funny.

Tomorrow is Friday. After work, the weekend begins.  Look for the poll Friday evening.

Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat IX - clam - 07-04-2009 02:27 AM

Where is my poll?

RE: Golden Hat IX - Kera foehunter - 07-04-2009 02:57 AM

We want to vote !!  Its Saturday the 4th
Photobucket

RE: Golden Hat IX - Bassman - 07-04-2009 07:06 AM

This is a plot of the communists! Respect to the Hat! They do not want our freedom to vote Happy

RE: Golden Hat IX - Tarrakk Blackhand - 07-04-2009 12:08 PM

They'll have the voting post up soon...but remeber that it's the 4th of July long weekend.....Oh wait - Xander...YOU'RE CANADIAN!

GET ON WITH IT! Tongue

RE: Golden Hat IX - Xander - 07-04-2009 01:45 PM

Working on it!

Edit: I am slow! Though I am still working. Wink

RE: Golden Hat IX - Zanko - 07-04-2009 05:27 PM

I´m so excited ... can´t wait any longer!

I fear I must have a large whisky to calm down!

... be patient ... stay cool ...Mad

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Jaakko - 07-04-2009 06:35 PM

Zanko Wrote:
I´m so excited ... can´t wait any longer!

I fear I must have a large whisky to calm down!

... be patient ... stay cool ...Mad

Hashut!

Same problem...
COME ON! This is too exciting!

RE: Golden Hat IX - Xander - 07-04-2009 07:20 PM

15 entries ready, about 5 or 6 more I think.

RE: Golden Hat IX - Ancre - 07-05-2009 06:45 AM

It is done ! Hurraaay !

I need a cheerleader dwarf smiley to encourage and recompense the admins Happy