CDO Forums
Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October (/showthread.php?tid=6210)

Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 09-09-2009 03:45 PM

Welcome to the 10th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

Subject Matter

By popular demand the Staff are pleased to announce the following competition for the 10th Golden Hat miniature contest:
Create a model or models that are Chaos Dwarf themed!

So what do we mean by this?

This is the most open theme that we have ever done and could possibly do.  To celebrate this being the 10th your task is to create something CD related that you have not shown as a painted model on CDO before.  I know some of us have shown models we have created that have yet to be painted, so we'll leave this open for those (a great reason to get the paintbrush out).

The key to win here is do whatever you think will be the most impressive, but also we'd like to get everyone entering something as there really is no reason not to even if you believe you won't win (for the fun of taking part).

So you could paint up your first unit of warriors, do a single bull centaur, maybe a kollossus or a group of warmachines etc.  If you can paint a whole army in the time allowed feel free to enter it!  Large scale sculpts are allowed (mention this to staff and we can include it with your entry so people know, incase it isn't obvious). Dioramas and duels/ battle scenes are allowed.

We hope that this entry will allow those new to Chaos Dwarfs and CDO to enter, and also appeal to those who have an almost complete collection (when is an army ever 'complete'?).  Subsequent Golden Hats will not be as open, so if you think your entry is unlikely to be done as a theme for a long time (or ever) now is the time to enter it!Wink  If you want to enter something that has been the theme of a previous golden hat you can (obviously a different model).  If you want to include a warrior, a hero, a warmachine and a unit of orcs etc as a small collection of models you can.

Obviously this could get very tricky judging, as people can be comparing a hobgoblin to a unit of bull centaurs or a hellcannon etc.

There are however some things to bear in mind:

If you want to enter for the fun of taking part then your options are huge, if you are aiming to win the key is to go for what you think will be impressive...

The entry does not have to be game legal.  The CD list is so small that for this contest as long as it could feasibly be from a CD themed army it is allowed.  This also means units below minimum size are allowed.  CD themed special characters/ Regiments of Renown of your own invention are allowed.

Although you could just enter a random collection of models, it might prove more impressive to have them forming some sort of theme.  I.e. some warriors a hobgoblin and an orc could be more impressive if they were all fighting!  Stick them on a base together etc.

No matter what your entry is you are still only allowed to take 4 photos, and they cannot be montage shots.  This will obviously limit the impact of doing multiple units/models as people will only have a shot or two from each.

Lastly your entry cannot be terrain and has to include at least one CD themed model.  Scenery and other background effect are not to be included for judging.  So if your model is a CD sorcerer with a temple in the background for instance only the sorcerer can be allowed for judging.  If the sorcerer was in/on the temple it would be considered a diorama and would be ok.

Basing and painting
Anything goes, game legal or not.  Though obviously if you want it to be useable afterwards you should do it on the right sized base or pin it in such a way that it can be swapped later.

The model obviously has to be fully painted, and by the person entering it.

Particulars
Due Date: 11:59 PM 31st October 2009 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Subject Matter:  Create anything CD related

What is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM 31st October 2009 (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 8 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. in order to avoid problems. I "highly advise" that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet, these cannot be montage shots.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 09-11-2009 07:54 PM

Hopefully we (I) have thought of most of the questions already that could arise out of this, and it obviously needs a banner, but I thought we might as well get this going now. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - torn - 09-11-2009 08:05 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:

Lastly your entry cannot be terrain and has to include at least one CD themed model.  Scenery and other background effect are not to be included for judging.  So if your model is a CD sorcerer with a temple in the background for instance only the sorcerer can be allowed for judging.  If the sorcerer was in/on the temple it would be considered a diorama and would be ok.

I have miscast a few of my resin CD's and was going to use them as part of a scenic base for a tyranid lictor. Im assuming this doesnt count?

I havent done any chaos dwarves for a while now hopefully this competition will inspire me to get the paint brush out!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 09-11-2009 08:42 PM

A lictor/ spawn with a live CD could be interesting. Wink  Like a daemon slaver.

If the models you want to enter are casts, but haven't been painted then you can enter them.  Casts that have already been painted and shown on CDO shouldn't really be entered.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Zanko - 09-12-2009 03:56 AM

Very interesting and difficult task! Takes Hat off

I have no idea what to build and paint  Mad ... but I'm looking forward that the right idea will come! Wink

Great idea for us impatient CDO members! Happy

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Loki - 09-12-2009 04:27 AM

Perfect i have just started on something like that this morning Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Ishkur Cinderhat - 09-12-2009 04:58 AM

Hm... this is a very open competition, then. I will have to think about that for a while.

*retreats into his red-lit dungeon forges*

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Canix - 09-12-2009 06:32 AM

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:
Hm... this is a very open competition, then. I will have to think about that for a while.

*retreats into his red-lit dungeon forges*

Time to send in the hobgoblin sabotuers Respect to the Hat!
Looks like a good competition i'm in, now where did i put that scatchbuilt castle? Shock

Joking aside i think this is a great idea ,lets see what the evil geniuses can come up with Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Pyro Stick - 09-12-2009 06:43 AM

Wow this is going to be crazy. Its going to be hard to win this one, or even to get 3rd as there are going to be so many large entries. If i was allowed i would enter my unit of MM90's but they are already painted so i cant. I definately wont have time to paint a whole unit so im going to have to go for a Lammasu probably, as all my impressive warmachines are done and im not going to scratch build/convert anything.

edit: Damn, i just realised im going to be away from the 21st to the 28th of october (girlfriend forced me into going to an AnimeCon down in London) so im going to have to start on my entry today if i want to even think about entering.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Hazkar - 09-12-2009 07:57 AM

hmm...interesting topic
i think ive an idea already
time to get out the paint

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Willmark - 09-12-2009 08:45 AM

Hopefully everyone is satisfied with the subject matter!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-12-2009 02:55 PM

Have I been waiting a long time for this - just to see the hesitation among staff. Must say I'm quite disappointed. So no Willmark, not everyone is pleased.

We all know that competitions like this one will 'only' reward the sculptors and modellers - and I have to say, that I'm really sad to see, who this painting competition has become more and more a sculpting/converting contest. Not that we have see awesome works done - sure we have - but I would have love to see this back to basic.

So right now, I'm most likely going to pass this one.

But take it away Ishkur - should be within your reach to take your 3th title. Good luck to all of you.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Shankenstien - 09-12-2009 03:12 PM

Can I possibly enter? I know i'm not gonna win but I would like to enter my first fully modeled/painted Chaos Dwarf.

Also one question: Can we enter merceneries? ie. Ogres? It says 'anything that is Chaos Dwarf themed, and Leadblechers are actually Chaos Dwarf themed, so does that make them a viable entry?

Thanks ~Shankenstien~

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 09-12-2009 03:24 PM

Sure, CD themed ogres would be fine.  Some people use these in fan lists.

Anyone can enter, an open competition means anything can be entered whether it's highly converted or just really well painted.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - cornixt - 09-12-2009 09:40 PM

We've done quite a few single model comps, so opening it up to something else is nice. You don't have to do a whole unit either, just the command group unconverted would make an excellent entry (always one of the more interesting Golden demon categories), but you can always go to town with a crazy conversion. I think quite a few people might have unfinished entries from the other comps, so now is a good time to finish.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Bassman - 09-13-2009 03:13 AM

Well, as Clam said not everybody is happy. I have mixed feelings.
If we look at Golden Deamon it's an open competition, where you can confrontate a single mini to a monster. So there is nothing wrong in doing the same for Golden Hat. I only wish people try to judge more painting and skill than the sheer size of the miniature.
On the other side Im not happy for a do-whatever-you-want competition. How could you compare a monster to a diorama? How could you judge an entire army just from 4 pics?
I'd prefer to keep some limitations.... dunno yet if I enter. I have a mini almost ready and a couple of projects that could fit.....

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Ishkur Cinderhat - 09-13-2009 07:37 AM

Having thought about the pro's and con's I think this will be an interesting contest, although I agree with Clam and Bassman in that a less open theme would have been preferrable.

After all "something CD related" seems a bit redundant since Golden Hat *never ever* was about something "not CD related" in the past, or was it?

I don't agree with Clam on that Golden Hat is too converting/painting oriented. That's what this contest was always about, just like its big cousin, the Golden Demon always was. And I don't agree with Bassmann on that the size of the model was ever more important in the judging than painting and skill, although I will accept it as a criticism on my last entry.

I would expect that GHX will allow more people than ever to enter into the contest because the topic is practically without any restrictions, which is probably also what the admins were aiming for, to ensure GH does not turn into a contest between a small elite fraction of CDO members, and to celebrate the 10th competition of this kind with a big event - but it will not allow for a fair comparison of the models either. To compare a sneaky git, however nicely painted, to a full-blown Temple of Hashut with 20 bull centaur guards inside, or a whole army, for that matter, seems to me to be a feat that cannot be possible to accomplish.

For me personally, GH is about getting my enthusiasm and creative juices for the CD army going again, which this competition will quite probably accomplish (seeing that I am already sorting ideas on what to do ^^) but I am not 100% happy about the choice of topic - because in the end, no topic was actually really chosen IMO. We'll just have to see where this leads us and what stuff we will see in early November.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - furrie - 09-13-2009 07:56 AM

I already have a pretty cool idea, now I just have to see if I can create the idea Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - GRNDL - 09-13-2009 09:38 AM

If you want to have a competition where painting is respected admirably, then the judging process needs to be changed, IMO.   I submit, once again, that a panel of judges - perhaps selected from previous GH winners or mods - be selected to judge each entry from a variety of angles: originality, conversion/sculpture quality, painting quality, etc. This way, the entries are treated fairly and in a consistent manner.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Willmark - 09-13-2009 03:37 PM

Well, much like anything I'm sure there will be those that we cant please.

Clam, your opinion and you are entitled to it.

If everything works out  I may enter, not because I'm going to win but because I want to create something cool, that in and off itself should be what this is about.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-13-2009 03:50 PM

Your so right, Cornixt! The open competition is truely one of the more interesting ones at GD. This is where that studio designers, WD editors and Eavy Metal painters have a chance to come and play - but let me reminde you this is not GD, but GH. And will always be! You might have other ambitions, but ..!

And yes, have you given us ½ or a hole year - I might have found it fun to play in. But with 6 weeks and a very limited time shedule - no way. I'm not spending 10, 15 or 20 hours converting and painting a miniature to put it up against something like a shattered beast (sorry, Ishkur - no meaning to offend you). This comp is to surposed to be fun, and I really don't see the fun doing such a wide category - that will only favour those who have already started something or those who have way to much time one their hands.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - cornixt - 09-13-2009 09:59 PM

I think you may be doing the voters a disservice. People might tend to vote for something new, but not necessarily something big or elaborate. There are things on the site that I like, but I don't think they fit the army IMO. I like to think that people will vote closer to it being a good thing for Chaos Dwarfs, rather than just a good/big/crazy model or unit. I won;t lie and say that a single infantry model stands as good a chance, but a nice frontline of blunderbusses is something I think would win rather than a big daemonic creature.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Bassman - 09-14-2009 03:29 AM

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:
Having thought about the pro's and con's I think this will be an interesting contest, although I agree with Clam and Bassman in that a less open theme would have been preferrable.

After all "something CD related" seems a bit redundant since Golden Hat *never ever* was about something "not CD related" in the past, or was it?

I don't agree with Clam on that Golden Hat is too converting/painting oriented. That's what this contest was always about, just like its big cousin, the Golden Demon always was. And I don't agree with Bassmann on that the size of the model was ever more important in the judging than painting and skill, although I will accept it as a criticism on my last entry.

Ishkur, my comment was not referred to your beast. I can't see nothing wrong in entering an huge war machine in a.... warmachine contest! Respect to the Hat!
You explained better than me what I meant about a less open theme.
I think it is a non sense to compare a temple packed with bulls (how could be possibile to not consider the temple a part of the mini?) with a death rocket firing a salvo of rockets.
I'd prefer to keep GH a competition of miniatures.. not dioramas (I know we had at least a GH with dioramas.... but I think they'll fit better into Artesan contest.. IMO of course...).

In discussion thread we all argued about what I've already done and what to entry into the contest. Already having a Taurus is not an excuse to not have a Taurus themed GH. Having a Golem is not an excuse too... an so on. If so after this GH when everybody will have entered his own Taurus/Lammasu/Daemonic engine/uber demon of Hashut.... everybody will have the excuse to complain about a Taurus/Lammasu/Daemonic engine/uber demon of Hashut GH competition. Angry

Said this I'd be happy to enter into the competition and enjoy all the crazy entries.... and I'll use my usual parameters to judge the entries... painting and modelling. If a single hobgoblin will be painted and/or modelled better than an huge golem of Hashut.... the hobgoblin will get my vote! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-14-2009 06:10 AM

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:

I don't agree with Clam on that Golden Hat is too converting/painting oriented. That's what this contest was always about, just like its big cousin, the Golden Demon always was.

I didn't say that - so please quote me right Big Grin

I said it has become a more sculpting/convertion oriented contest. To me GH have always been a painting contest - but lately we see word like "creat a .." or "make a diorame" - and like Bassman, I think we have the Artisan for these.

And then it saddens me  to see that in some way better painted models 'loose'/ranked lower (don't make the cut etc.) -  because "they are not converted".

And, of course I want to see sculpted and converted models - but I also want to see cool paintjobs - and like Bassman I also do have a set of parameters to judge an entry where painting is very highly ranked. And I think that doing a single miniature give us both - and lets os all feel, that we have a chance ranking high - perhaps even win a medal.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Hrothgar Goldgreed - 09-14-2009 07:28 AM

I shall participate, and finally start and finish the project that, in the very beginning when it what nothing more than sketches and ideas, got me into Chaos Dwarfs. Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - demi_morgana - 09-14-2009 09:30 AM

can't wait to see the entries! Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - AGPO - 09-14-2009 12:40 PM

@ Clam - I think you're benig unfiar on the painting front. Painting is a factor people consider when coming to their decision, as is any conversion work and the choice of model. Everyone has their own reasons. I would vote for a simple, well-executed entry over an over-ambitious, poorly painted entry. If two people enter models of similar painting quality, but one is very well converted then of coourse the conversion will win, it's the better entry. You may as well say that a painting contest is unfair as it favours people who are good at painting. People who produce the best all round entry will win.

@ Everyone - I see where people are coming from on the "how do you compare a hobbo to an army?" question. Let me put it to you like this: If someone entered an awesome, scenic diorama of bull centaurs guarding the Great Gates, with superbly painted minis, excellent sculpting and a really awesome 'feel' to the whole thing it would rightly walk away with the competition. On the other hand a classic miniature, painted to an amazing standard would win hands down over a 'temple of hashut' consisting of three layers of grey sprayed polystyrene with some bull centaurs placed on it. It's not all that difficult to look at a series of photos and decide which ones you like best, you simply have to use your judgment.

Golden Hat has always been about the taking part. If you don't feel able to produce anepic diorama in six weeks, fair enough. Just enter something smaller. My work means I've never had the time to build an entry specifically for GH, but with this competition I can just enter whatever it is I'm currently working on. Very few of us have the time to enter every competition, but hopefully this one should be more accesible than the others. If you're still not happy then simply wait and nter Golden Hat XI, which will go backto a classical format.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - cornixt - 09-14-2009 02:04 PM

Anyone who thinks it won't work is hereby allowed to say "I told you so" if it doesn't work.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - SteveM - 09-14-2009 02:23 PM

I've got an idea for a fun little project that after GH could be used in my CD army with a few changes.  The problem for me is going to be the time allowed as I am also trying to get ready for 'Ard Boyz which takes priority.  That said, the 4 weeks after 'Ard Boyz should be sufficient provided I stay focused on the project.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-14-2009 03:48 PM

@AGPO
Bad qoutes and exaggerations to prove ones stands - so who is unfair now?

I could give you quite af few examples to prove you how right I am, but for what reason? When it comes down to GH - it's 'just' a comp about, what people like/and don't like - and conversions seems to be weight higher than painting (IMO). If it was to be based on highst quality, we would have to concider GRNDL's idea about a panal of judged, really.
So back to the start. I was looking so much forward to this 'big ten' - and saddens me really to see that it ended up with 'do what ever you like - and call it Chaos Dwarf'. Would have appreciated something more competitive.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - GRNDL - 09-14-2009 07:39 PM

clam Wrote:
I could give you quite af few examples to prove you how right I am, but for what reason? When it comes down to GH - it's 'just' a comp about, what people like/and don't like - and conversions seems to be weight higher than painting (IMO).

I couldn't agree more, Clam. Over the many competitions I have watched here, winning is pretty much a crap shoot.  Even subject matter is a critical choice - do you go Hat or Helm or Mask? Because that one decision will polarize the voters. Of course, its hard to see how much this kind of variable affects voting, but in the commentary following the posts of entries you see everyone's likes and dislikes coming out.  Some of the reasons people describe their favourite model, or the elements they judged, are to me, truly bizarre, but they represent someone's opinion and that makes them valid. Still, for the people entering to do the best they can and win the comp, I think its pretty random, at least when it comes down to "How can improve my chances of winning?"

Its easy to say that the GH is a fair competition in that everyone is judged equally - all entries are subjected to the same exposure to the voters - but each voter will be assessing entries based on their own subjectivity, which isn't objective and thus, fair. Does an original, very well converted but crappily painted entry deserve a vote? Does a really well painted, but unconverted model get a vote? How about a really well converted model that doesn't fit into the voter's vision of what a Chaos Dwarf is?

If this is a competition, then it is about entering to win, not about just participating, hence the "compete" part. And if it is about winning, then shouldn't that be a reason to judge fairly and consistently, especially when there is a wide variety of subjects being entered?

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 09-14-2009 09:25 PM

That is a lot of 'ifs' GRNDL. Wink

If we are all subjected to the same subjective voting (how many open poll competitions aren't?), then at least it is fair to all of us.

There may come a point where people think 'what can I do to win', rather than 'what do I want to do that may stand a chance of winning', but to be honest I suspect that for many people the fleeting glory of GH is a small consideration considering the hours of work involved.  I personally would prefer something I really liked, as I will have it for years to come.

That point seems to be getting missed somewhere here I think.  Do what is fun and what you want and if it happens to win a medal on a forum then that's an added bonus.

To be fair all of the competitions we've done have allowed people to convert as much as they wanted.  We have given people guidelines on how they could look at judging, but we've never told people exactly what factors they have to consider.  That would be silly, as people will always vote subjectively.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - GRNDL - 09-14-2009 09:38 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
To be fair all of the competitions we've done have allowed people to convert as much as they wanted.  We have given people guidelines on how they could look at judging, but we've never told people exactly what factors they have to consider.  That would be silly, as people will always vote subjectively.

Well, that is the point, isn't it. A panel of judges will vote consistently based on pre-approved criteria, so within their guidelines, they are more objective than subjective. Open voting/judging will always be 100% subjective because voters are never held to any particular standard, regardless of the criteria you put forward for judging - that criteria isn't enforced.

And I think there was only one "If" and that was rhetorical: competitions ARE about winning, hence the root word "compete." If it wasn't about winning, we'd forego the voting and simply have a model showcase for WoH every 3 months.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - wallacer - 09-14-2009 10:51 PM

GRNDL Wrote:
A panel of judges will vote consistently based on pre-approved criteria

A panel of judges would leave us open to charges of elitism and the inevitable ill-will that would follow (even with pre-defined criteria).

Personally i've always just thought of GH and AC as a source of motivation to actually do something.  Granted it is a competition, but I would have thought that for most people having a nice model to game with or display in their cabinet is more important than some pixels on an internet forum.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Bassman - 09-15-2009 03:00 AM

Holy Hashut, not a panel of judges please! I can immediately see ENORMOUS discussions every GH..... Angry let's preserve our democracy! Power to the people Happy

Clam and GRNDL: I generally agree with you about open competition and criteria of judgement. I generally prefer to judge painting over modelling but I cannot agree with your idea that every time converting is judged over painting.
It's not nice to quote my works but I think my bull centaur was the less converted of the the GH IX podium. Tjub and Kefas entries are massively more converted than mine ( and much better converted Angry )but I won, probably because of a collective mistake in voting Big Grin but maybe because people appreciate my painting of the banner. Unsure
At least in my case painting won over converting.
Sorry for quoting my self Tongue but I wanted to provide an example.

I do agree with Wallacer about GH as a motivation to do something!
Said this I continue to not approve a do-whatever-you-like competition, I wish next GH will be more traditional Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Ghrask Dragh - 09-15-2009 03:38 AM

There are a few good points here certainly.

Golden hats intent was always just to get people painting Chaos Dwarfs, if we got more people painting them we got more interest in Chaos Dwarfs (correct me if I'm wrong Xander Happy)

It has turned into our own little Golden Demon though and (just like GD) the whole sculpting/painting thing was always going to be an issue, but the big difference is... you get to decide! For me personally the nicest painted mini is going to beat something heavily converted and moderatly painted everytime and I'm sure many people feel the same. Have a little faith in the voters Wink

Part of the thinking behind this is to try and get people to do something really special for the big number 10, something you can sit on your painting desk or adorne your battlefield and be proud of for years to come. To try and get this from such a restricted theme like a specific model was going to be tough, so why not let you go wild and do what you want? though I do agree it will be hard to judge the variety, I think it'll be more fun to see what actually gets entered.

This is for you, your entries, your votes, your site. Do what you want.

As for me I will make the same promise I always do, this will be the comp I actually enter Rolleyes maybe as it is the big10 I should actually do something... maybe Wink

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - tjub - 09-15-2009 05:31 AM

I participate in GHs to get new stuff painted for my army, CDO is a great forum and there are lots of skilled people here. But in the end its just a internet community and I cant say it plays that role in my life. Sure GH is a fun thing, but nothing to get upset and argue about... Happy
Beeing in the place we are with no support for new models I think that creating your own should be rewarded as much as a great paintjob in GH, when I choose my votes I go for the over all feeling I get for the model be it a hobgoblin or a huge demon engine. But I think that this thread has proved that we dont really agree, so as long as everybody is allowed to judge and vote as they like it should be fair and reflect how the mariority of members on CDO wants it.

A good way to keep the entrys from beeing absurd is to set a fix base size of the entry, but for GHX we will just have to wait and see what will come... Happy
Anyway, its our hobby so having fun is the most important thing! Hope you can read my post and get the idea as I suspect my spelling suck.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Zanko - 09-15-2009 12:10 PM

I just wanted to say that I like the issue of the GH X! We all have now the possibility to paint/convert minis that lie around in our corners!

IMO it's a great idea! Worthy of the GH X Contest! Cheers!

I also like that the GH Winner will be voted by the CDO Members and not of a small elite! An elite will also not vote fair and objective cause everyone has his preferences which will influence their behaviour to vote (mask/helmet/BigHat)! So IMO Grass Root Democracy forever! Takes Hat off

Apropos it's important for me to have fun and to get a feedback (positive and negative) after the contest! The medal is nice as a compliment of the CDO Members but not essential!

That's it! Tongue Wink

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Revlid - 09-15-2009 06:33 PM

I have literally no idea what to do for this competition. It's just too vague, too broad - something that will also make the judging harder, as voters will have to compare apples and oranges. I hope the next one is more specific.

I guess I might try to make a Kolossus or Bull Golem of some variety?

Unless my shop still has a Fen Beast lying around...

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-16-2009 05:26 AM

Think you are right, Tjub! GH was ment to be a fun aspect of CDO and our hobby - but (over) ambitious staff members seems to spoil the fun for me.

I was really not trying to start a argument here. Decision has already been made - and never had the thought that it was to be change. Don't even think I was upset - just disappointed. Disappointed to see that quantity seems to be a goal in itself - and then sad to see that GH was taking a direction I didn't like. So like Revlid, I'll be looking forward at GH XI - and until then, I'm sure I can find a painting challenge some where else, if I should feel for it.

But best of luck to those of you who will enter - and I'll try my best giving you an objective judgement. And then, I'll be looking forward seeing those vice decision makers enteries (for a change - as we are not used to such fine company), of course.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 09-16-2009 07:41 AM

Much as the Golden Hats are part of what the staff have organised, we are not the only ones that can organise contests. Wink

I feel it's a shame that some people don't want to enter this, but anyone so inclined could start another painting contest to run at the same time so you can take part in something.  It would not be staff run, or with medals, but it could be challenging nonetheless.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - cornixt - 09-16-2009 08:19 AM

I have one in my pocket as we speak. Maybe I'll pop it out soon.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Stubbs - 09-16-2009 01:47 PM

Ohh so you can't tell what your planning to do? Big Grin (not that I wantet to do that but just wondering)  already working on something which I love so far well can't wait till it's finished!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - cornixt - 09-16-2009 02:19 PM

I don't want to ruin it. It will be a fun thing, very low expectations. I haven't even mentioned it to the rest of the staff. I was planning a reveal at the end of summer but things overran at work so I didn't have time to oversee it then (or yet)

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Revlid - 09-17-2009 02:18 AM

cornixt Wrote:
I have one in my pocket as we speak. Maybe I'll pop it out soon.

Converted to Slaanesh, have we? Tongue Wink

Yeah, headed down to GW tonight, so I might get something then. REJOICE! This may be the first competition I actually spend money on rather than just cobbling s*** together!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Tarrakk Blackhand - 09-17-2009 12:49 PM

So....can I build a Temple to Hashut for this competition if i wanted to? It said that Terrain wouldn't be allowed....or is this something different?

I think that having "No theme" is a bit better in some reguards. It makes it more of a "bigger" contest than just a contest with all Bull Centaurs or Hobgoblins or what have you.

However, I think that if the contest is going to be wide open with many catagories, then having a "First, Second and Third" overall won't be good. That would mean that a bull centaur competes agains a diorama.

Instead, the models should be grouped and then there should be multipule 1sts, 2nd's and 3rds for each catagory. Therefore bull centaurs will be judged with Bull centaurs and dioramas with Dioramas.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Skink - 09-17-2009 03:01 PM

Damn, I posted my entry and just red now that you can't submit models already shown on this forum!

Too late to retry???

Jeez, this is one of the most interesting competitions and I can't partecipate it! Sad life on cruise shipsMad

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 09-17-2009 05:03 PM

Whatever your final entry is at the deadline is what will be counted. Wink  It allows people to improve their photos etc as well if they feel they need to.

@tarrak
As long as the temple has models as part of it like a diorama then yes.  If they are just sitting on it on their bases, or it's in the background then no.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Willmark - 09-17-2009 11:24 PM

I've got a very cool idea, problem is that pesky Word of Hashut always cuts into my GH time! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Pyro Stick - 09-19-2009 03:47 PM

Could this GH please have its deadline extended to the 30th of November? It calls for seriously big entries that a lot of people who want to enter probably wont be able to finish in the time allocated, so i think because of the nature of the contest subject the deadline should be extended. I know that i for one will not be able to finish my planned entry in the time available if i get the job im applying for and im going away for a week in the last week of october. By keeping the deadline the same as a normal GH you will be seriously cutting back on the number of entries in this contest.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-19-2009 03:58 PM

You see, now we are talking. Thought I would personally have liked to see deadline extended to something like 31. December instead - now that would give most of us a fair chance doing something spectacular.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Pyro Stick - 09-19-2009 04:06 PM

clam Wrote:
You see, now we are talking. Thought I would personally have liked to see deadline extended to something like 31. December instead - now that would give most of us a fair chance doing something spectacular.

31st of december would be good as well but i would have thought a hell of a lot of people would be preoccupied with new year/christmas etc to be thinking about entering a painting contest.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-19-2009 04:25 PM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
31st of december would be good as well but i would have thought a hell of a lot of people would be preoccupied with new year/christmas etc to be thinking about entering a painting contest.

With Christmas, 2 kids  Birthday's and new year - I would concider being on of those presccupied persons - but will have to finish the week before Christmas, then. Would still have liked to see a 10 or 12 week deadline with a theme like this.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 09-19-2009 05:36 PM

I would say extending it more than a couple of weeks is unlikely.  If we extended it until the end of december the next GH would be 2 months later than usual.

November/ December is usually a very quiet time for forums, hence us putting an artisan's there. Wink

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Pyro Stick - 09-19-2009 05:49 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
I would say extending it more than a couple of weeks is unlikely.  If we extended it until the end of december the next GH would be 2 months later than usual.

..So?

Grimstonefire Wrote:
November/ December is usually a very quiet time for forums, hence us putting an artisan's there. Wink

I would rather an extended GH than an AC.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-20-2009 04:48 AM

The ways of our Mods are past understanding - when it comes to the subject of GH.

They want a grand, outstanding, big#10 - but not willing to give the contenders time to actually fulfill it - because of ... a hypothetical deadline of a futher contest - not even announced yet. You guys really have a strange way of thinking (IMO).

But like Pyro S said: 'so what'?

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Ishkur Cinderhat - 09-20-2009 05:09 AM

Jeez, seven weeks is not enough time for you? What do you want to enter? A whole new army??

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-20-2009 05:28 AM

@Ishkur
Something that can't be fitted on a 20x20 base Wink

My bigest problem with this GH is the fact that I have a demanding job, a house, wife and two kids, so I'll have something like 20-30 hours within a 6 week time frame. That's perfect for a single miniature or two.

- but I think this calls for something other then a singel miniature - to force you to do your absolute best to win this one, too. But you are obviously not interested in that, I see (can't blame you, though) Big Grin

A yes, think we are back where all this started (for me), that this theme: 'will only favour those who have already started something or those who have way to much time one their hands'.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Kera foehunter - 09-20-2009 08:13 AM

I say stick to the dead line !  When you want to do bad enough
your find time !! most of my entry are a couple of weekends
and if you find the groove it takes less

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - tjub - 09-20-2009 09:43 AM

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:
Jeez, seven weeks is not enough time for you? What do you want to enter? A whole new army??

Hehe, I have to agree... If you need to, call in sick and get a few extra hours of painting. Wink

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Bassman - 09-21-2009 06:21 AM

Yesterday I got a nice idea and I'm in Respect to the Hat! It is going to be something I need for my army, playable with RH list and totally crazy! Takes Hat off

I warned you about this competition, I told ya, you did not change your mind and now you are.....DOooooOOOooooMed! UahUahUahUah...... "mad laugh fading away......." Shock

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-21-2009 07:34 AM

Looking forward seeing - and if anyone can stand up to Ishkur, it's you Wink

Can't say that I lack ideas myself - but non of these can be finished within end of October - so I'll have my own deadline - at the end of this year - and then I can hope for, that it will fit with GH XI Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Ishkur Cinderhat - 09-21-2009 12:59 PM

Aw come on man out of nine Golden Hats I only won two, so it's not like I'm dominating this whole thing. Wink

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-21-2009 05:44 PM

@ Ishkur
lol - weah, I seems to have forgotten all about that.

An evil tongue would maybe say something about winning 2 out of 3 - but you will never hear such speak from a guy like me Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Ishkur Cinderhat - 09-21-2009 06:02 PM

Erm... OK I bet my entry for this one will not be the winning one. Neither will it be a large amount of models, nor will they be spectacularly painted (not in bright colours anyway) and it won't also be a very large model either. So how about now, you in again? Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 09-23-2009 03:43 PM

Let me be the judge of that - when I see you entry - (and when you say 'not a very large model - do you then mean not as large as a certain beast Wink ) Big Grin

And 'no' - I'm not in - can't make the deadline. I've got two projects for this a ..... and a mounted ... Big Grin - but for both I'm missing a few bits (actually I'mmissing a hole model for one of them). I've made arrangement's for both - but they wouldn't show up before medio October (if I'm lucky) - so unless the deadline is extended - I'm out.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Pyro Stick - 09-23-2009 04:23 PM

Im going to have to cut my original idea down to half of what it was going to be to be able to get it done in time. At least i will finally be getting this model paitned up...

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Kera foehunter - 09-26-2009 06:31 AM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
Much as the Golden Hats are part of what the staff have organised, we are not the only ones that can organise contests. Wink

I feel it's a shame that some people don't want to enter this, but anyone so inclined could start another painting contest to run at the same time so you can take part in something.  It would not be staff run, or with medals, but it could be challenging nonetheless.

Well it hard to have any Contest here !! when it non staff or it doesn't have a section . I try three times
it just get lost and Forgotton!!
Even the monthy Painting contest  don't happen .
so im suggesting  we have a golden mask section for are own in house contest !!! so that we can give more people access to diffrent parts of this hobby  .
* hug * Grims it ok ! Maybe we need to open up more contest

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Borador - 09-26-2009 12:38 PM

Well this open contest seems like a nice idea, can't enter though, short on time. * blames school *
I'm eager to see what people come up with. And altough it might be like comparing frogs to airplanes, it does make you overthink your vote better.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 10-11-2009 09:44 AM

Reminder for those who are working hard on their entries the deadline is starting to get a lot closer now...

I've just started making the base for mine, so I'll probably paint it in the week before the deadline.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Hrothgar Goldgreed - 10-11-2009 11:24 AM

I lost my entry's friggin arm. It's nowhere to be found. I've had this mini for ages and just as I want to go paint it, the arm goes missing ...

*grumbles*

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Ishkur Cinderhat - 10-12-2009 04:18 AM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
Reminder for those who are working hard on their entries the deadline is starting to get a lot closer now...

I've just started making the base for mine, so I'll probably paint it in the week before the deadline.

Well thanks for the reminder - it's not like I didn't already feel stressed in any way! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Bassman - 10-12-2009 06:00 AM

Damn Italian postal service! I hate you. I ordered bits for my entry TWO WEEKS ago and paid 9 bucks (aka Euros) for a THREE DAYS shipping and.. today I'm going to my postal office to finally get them! Angry
Only 18 days to go.... damn it! Angry

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Stubbs - 10-12-2009 06:08 AM

Meh my idea didn't really work out so gotta think of something else but scared of all the huge competition here Sad

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Hashut's Blessing - 10-12-2009 06:12 AM

My entry is almost completed, just waiting for a few things to come together and I'm done Wink

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - black hammer - 10-12-2009 10:52 PM

I've already finished my entry!Happy(Given, it is really small and simple as it's my first serious chaos dwarf conversion).  Now I just need to get a camera that can take a good picture of it.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Pyro Stick - 10-13-2009 09:54 AM

Damn ive only got 5 days to finish my entry. After that im going to be away until after the deadline.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Hashut's Blessing - 10-13-2009 11:42 AM

I am still waiting for some greenstuff to arrive, so I might have to slightly change my entry...

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Kera foehunter - 10-24-2009 01:52 PM

so can we send in are picture now !!and do we send them to the golden hat ????

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Hashut's Blessing - 10-24-2009 04:58 PM

I have two possible entries and am now deciding how best to present each one, so that I can then choose which is a cooler entry Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 10-24-2009 06:04 PM

@Kera
Yes and yes.

I will start painting mine on monday.  The fire I've sculpted looks pretty bad, so I may have to rethink that.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 10-28-2009 10:23 AM

Arrrgghh...  Not many days left and I still haven't started painting (I will tommorow).  Looks like it will be a last minute rush for me, again.

Stupid real world stuff. Unsure

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Xander - 10-28-2009 11:24 AM

I've been organizing my painting table in preparation for painting, but I also have not started. Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Ishkur Cinderhat - 10-28-2009 02:10 PM

My current plan: finish sculpting tomorrow, start painting on Friday, finish painting on Saturday afternoon, take pictures while there is still daylight. Talk about last minute rush. LOL Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Xander - 10-28-2009 02:37 PM

Last minute is the best time to paint. Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Tarrakk Blackhand - 10-28-2009 06:33 PM

Can't do it this time. Look forward to the entries though!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 10-28-2009 07:25 PM

I'm inwardly cursing that we didn't extend the deadline a little after we started this. Wink

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - m3lvin - 10-28-2009 08:05 PM

It feels good to know I'm not the only one out in the last minute Big Grin
I will prime mine tomorrow morning, and then have a über painting marathon of dooom!! dead

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 10-29-2009 02:48 AM

As said from the start. Can't make the deadline. But I'll keep on painting 'my entry' - and then post it in my blog.

Looking forward seeing what you guys (that do finish in tim) have come up with.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Bassman - 10-29-2009 08:17 AM

I believed to be sooo last minute but you beat me!
Happy
Finished sculpting on sunday, started painting... two weeks ago Shock yes it's possible. You will se how.... Happy Tomorrow Ill finish painting and pray for a sunny day on saturday for taking pictures and.... cross my fingers Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - black hammer - 10-29-2009 11:31 PM

I'm so relieved!  For some reason I was thinking that the deadline was on the 30th instead of the 31st.  see, my camera sucks for close ups so I have to borrow friends, but he'll be gone until the morning of the 31st.  That was my only worry though.  I finished painting it like 2 weeks ago.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Xander - 10-30-2009 09:05 PM

Nearing completion of my entry! w00t! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - m3lvin - 10-31-2009 12:06 AM

At last! I've finally submitted my entry!
Now I'm off for a looooong vacation, Chaos dwarf overdose! dead

looking forward to see what everyone else has been up to.

these 7 week's been intense!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Stubbs - 10-31-2009 04:25 AM

Hey is there a specific thread we can see the entries? Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Zanko - 10-31-2009 04:37 AM

Stubbs Wrote:
Hey is there a specific thread we can see the entries? Cheers!

When the deadline had ended all entries will be published in a new, seperate thread!
Than you can also read the special voting rules, they depend usually on the numbers of entries!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Stubbs - 10-31-2009 04:56 AM

Thx zanko Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Hashut's Blessing - 10-31-2009 08:42 AM

I had planned to do a picture of my whole army, but my camera's been at my girlfriend's for practicing photography and my army is too much to bring over. So, I'd changed it to a more manageable project Big Grin Hope people like it Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Ishkur Cinderhat - 10-31-2009 10:33 AM

Phew, done!

A very humble piece of work this time, but given that l was unsure last week if I could finish something decent at all, I guess the result is still OK-ish. I just had to take part in this one. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Hashut's Blessing - 10-31-2009 11:10 AM

Well, my entry is in and my laptop battery has about 6 minutes left. Job done Wink

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Xander - 10-31-2009 03:53 PM

Entry in! Yay, I painted something! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Gar Shadowfame - 10-31-2009 03:59 PM

Even I made an entry, i aint gonna vote for myself so plz someone do so for meTongue

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - chipie_ambrosia - 10-31-2009 11:08 PM

Sent my entry as well.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Golden Hat - 10-31-2009 11:10 PM

18 Entries so far, 1 hour 51 mins left for anyone who wants to enter still.

- Grim

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Bassman - 11-01-2009 04:14 AM

Wow, every big gun in the website is in! Shock
It will be tough this time.......

I'm longing to see entries..... Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Zanko - 11-01-2009 04:35 AM

I´m curious o see all the entries!

When I see who joined this GH it will be extremly difficult to win this competition! Cheers!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 11-01-2009 09:49 AM

I realised that a small bit of mine that broke off after undercoating I actually forgot to stick back on again for the photos. Unsure

Just goes to show why you shouldn't leave it until the last minute.

Being honest though I could have easily taken more photos (and better ones) and simply replaced them, but I didn't as it wasn't fair.

@Zanko
I've had a look at all the entries.  It's a really wide mix of things; duel, monsters, units, large scale sculpt, warmachines.  No battle scenes or whole armies though.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 11-01-2009 09:58 AM

lol - hopefully not the Chaos Dwarf himself, Grim.

My entry still stands on my painting desk - half painted - so I'm out - but I can see that nearly all previous GH-winners are in. Looking forward to see, what you all came up with - though I've already had a un-autorized sneak peak on one of the entries Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Skink - 11-01-2009 10:40 AM

*slurp* I can't wait to see this!!! Come on, show us the entriieeees!!! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - tjub - 11-01-2009 12:37 PM

clam Wrote:

My entry still stands on my painting desk - half painted - so I'm out - but I can see that nearly all previous GH-winners are in. Looking forward to see, what you all came up with - though I've already had a un-autorized sneak peak on one of the entries Big Grin

Well, take some photos anyway and post in your blog! Show us what you have been working on... Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Willmark - 11-01-2009 05:46 PM

Skink et all- usually takes some time to get them all organized so please be patient.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Ogrob - 11-01-2009 06:04 PM

Got overworked planning lessons and then writing an exam, so never got around to finishing an entry for this.

Looking forward to seeing the entries.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - happyzappydude - 11-01-2009 06:25 PM

I'm very interested to see how my entry stacks up against the others. To be honest I'm not expecting very much given the talent and the open nature of the contest.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Skink - 11-02-2009 09:52 AM

Yuk, I know Willmark, usually it takes some time to organize the entries. But is stronger than me, A) we have a lot of enteries, B ) all the "big names" of the forum are in, C) is an open competition. I feel like a child in front of a candy pot Wink

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - nitroglysarine - 11-02-2009 10:02 AM

when are the pictures released?

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Loki - 11-02-2009 10:20 AM

I am with Clam on this, things kept getting in the way of me finishing my entry, i will post it on my army blog when i have finished it, but i would just like to wish every one who has entered the best of luck, i can wait to see them all Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Xander - 11-02-2009 12:42 PM

With any luck, I will be able to finish these up after lunch. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Gar Shadowfame - 11-02-2009 01:05 PM

heh time difference its 6 mp here Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Zanko - 11-02-2009 03:29 PM

Hmmm at what time is in Canada lunch?

How long does it last to prepare the post of the GH X entries?

Arrgh ... I´m quite excited!

Xander please ... hurry up!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Thorne - 11-02-2009 03:41 PM

I did plan on having my army finnished but alas time and tide waits for no man. Besides i got carried away trying and failing to make squats.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - tjub - 11-02-2009 04:17 PM

Thorne Wrote:
I did plan on having my army finnished but alas time and tide waits for no man. Besides i got carried away trying and failing to make squats.

Please show us some photos of them! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Ishkur Cinderhat - 11-02-2009 06:46 PM

Ahk, still nothing!
Have to go to sleep now... but I look forward to the news tomorrow! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Xander - 11-02-2009 06:51 PM

Still what?  Don't sleep just yet. Tongue  (They are up!)

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - nitroglysarine - 11-02-2009 07:11 PM

ahhh for living on GMT Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Grimstonefire - 11-02-2009 07:52 PM

I apologise for temporarily moving the Golden hat voting thread.  We need to double check that we've got all the entries that made it in before the deadline.

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - Hashut's Blessing - 11-03-2009 03:44 PM

I'm pleased to see so many entries and it sucks that so many had more important things preventing them from finishing their's. I still want to see them, mind! Also, as for whole armies, I'd planned to have my whole army as my entry, but I was a hundred or so miles away from it and didn't think I could decide upon what to have close-up pictures of Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October - clam - 11-03-2009 05:44 PM

tjub Wrote:

clam Wrote:

Well, take some photos anyway and post in your blog! Show us what you have been working on... Happy

Hmm! yeah why not - no need for the secrecy anymore, I guess:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1334&pid=110326#pid110326