CDO Forums
Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer (/showthread.php?tid=6838)

Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Xander - 01-05-2010 01:16 PM

Welcome to the 11th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

Subject Matter
Create an unmounted Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer.  Unit Strength 1.

Basing
The model does not have to sit on a game-legal 20mm base, but it cannot be in a duel with anything.  The base can be no larger than 40mm.

Particulars
Due Date: 11:59 PM February 28th 2010 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Subject Matter:  Create an unmounted 'Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer'

What is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM February 28th 2010 (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 6 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. in order to avoid problems. I "highly advise" that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 01-17-2010 09:49 AM

Sorry everyone for the slight delay in getting this going.

But now the competition begins!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - dncswlf - 01-17-2010 09:57 AM

Sweet!  I'm on it!  Guess My Avatar of War will have to wait...

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 01-17-2010 10:11 AM

I don't know, that could make an interesting sorcerer with a bit of converting... Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - clam - 01-17-2010 10:16 AM

Nice, I'm on Big Grin

But no GH thread without a question from me:

Unmounted?? ... would mechanical devices such as mech legs be considered as being mounted? or more precise - could this be Astragoth?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - m3lvin - 01-17-2010 10:16 AM

this can turn out very interesting!
cant wait to see what all you guys (and gals) come up with!
good opportunity for me since I have no sorcerer on foot at all so far,
the big question is what lore I will pick... grumble...

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 01-17-2010 10:31 AM

For the sake of being concise, I will edit it to be a model of Unit Strength 1.

This leaves it open for people to do some sort of steam legs (that would for instance grant +1M and +1 Armour save, but not have a separate profile).

Xander originally had it written as 'on foot', but I figured that was making things equally as complicated and restricted things a bit.

So people can be imaginative, but if you cannot convince the staff it looks like a Unit Strength 1 model it will not be allowed.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 01-17-2010 11:08 AM

Wow I might actually be able to get an entry in this time.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bolg - 01-17-2010 11:10 AM

This is great, I had just started work on sorcerer lord for my Tainted Dwarfs.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Borador - 01-17-2010 12:09 PM

Time to finish my wizard. This is some good motivation! :3
Good luck all! (hehe ye my deathlore one which will probably be a winter/death lore wizard, taking one of both when needed ;D)

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Zanko - 01-17-2010 12:09 PM

I'm in too! Takes Hat off

No idea which guy/girl I will paint/convert but the idea will come ... Wink

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 01-17-2010 01:44 PM

Question #2 -

Could my sorcerer be sitting on something, like a rock, chair, 1957 Chevy front fender, or whatever, and still be considered "On Foot", as long as he wasn't riding on some kind of beast?

The reason why I ask this is because I have an interesting idea of where I want my Sorcerer to be. Without divuldging too much, I'd like to do something along the lines of Thorek Ironblow or whatever he's called, size permitting, of course.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Thommy H - 01-17-2010 02:08 PM

Is the rule about the entry not having been shown anywhere before in force for this competition as well?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Gar Shadowfame - 01-17-2010 02:20 PM

Could it be a Demon Smith for Indy list?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 01-17-2010 02:35 PM

In order: Tarrakk Blackhand- It has to fit onto a 20mm base so it could be tight trying to do so.

Thommy- Yes. Like past competitions the model cannot have been pictured on the site painted; if it appeared in a WIP it can be used for this competition. Bear in mind however it tends to detract (somewhat) if you know whose entry it is. However at this sage we can generally guess whose entries are whose... Happy

Gar- for default purposes of the site and contests unless otherwise specified Ravening Hordes is the default.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Joshmohr - 01-17-2010 03:44 PM

Looks like ill enter for once! Love making sorcerers!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 01-17-2010 04:47 PM

Is the Daemonsmith a sorcerer?  If so, any sort of themed sorcerer is cool.  Sorcerers are pretty much in every list anyway in some form or another.

@Tarrakk/ Willmark

I did think of that specifically when I was answering above. Wink  The Dwarf lord on shieldbearers is unit strength 3.  So whilst it doesn't have to be on 20mm (for those who want to do a small display base) it does have to be unit strength 1.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Baggronor - 01-17-2010 07:32 PM

I may break with ancient tradition and actually enter something...

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 01-17-2010 07:56 PM

To Quote Willmark -

Quote:
Tarrakk Blackhand- It has to fit onto a 20mm base so it could be tight trying to do so.

To Quote the above rule -

[quote]Basing
The model does not have to sit on a game-legal 20mm base, but it cannot be in a duel with anything.  The base can be no larger than 40mm.[quote]

Therefore, I have from 0mm up to 40mm to design this Sorcerer.

I wasn't thinking of Shieldbearers, or that concept. Just to have the Sorcerer sitting down on something.

Therefore, with all due respect, if I understand Willmark and the rules correctly, as long as I can stuff the whole thing into the 20mm-40mm base allowance, and as long as the Sorcerer isn't on a mount (Being animal), and isn't dueling another figure, then I'm ok to go ahead with my idea.

Example - On his 30mm base, the Sorcerer is sitting on a rock and brushing his teeth and in his other hand, he's holding a spitoon.  - Is that all right? (I'm not doing that for the contest, it's just so that the concept is coming across.)

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - dncswlf - 01-17-2010 09:17 PM

A spitoon eh... nice...  So I'm pretty excited about this, I've been sculpting off and on all day and it's coming out pretty well, (I'm sure nothing compared to some of the work I've seen on this site - but I'm happy ;-) Competitions like this are really excellent, a way to get people creative, and encourage people to develop their art!  Kudos to CDO!!!!!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 01-18-2010 05:52 AM

That would be acceptable Tarrakk

I actually changed the base limit thing as I moved this thread over, as you can see from the date it was sitting in the staff section a little while with the 20mm limit on it.  Hence the possible confusion.

I said in the last GH I think (or possibly the one before that) that we would try not to only limit models to game legal bases, as it allows people to do a bit more of a display model if they want to.

Obviously for those who want to game with their models they would need to either pin their models down and not glue, or just put them on 20mm from the start.

The 40mm based astragoth dreadnought models will not be considerd as unit strength 1.  Incase anyone was planning to do this. Wink  Just shrink it a bit it would probably be ok.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bassman - 01-18-2010 06:55 AM

Hi,
not that I'm going to do it but is it possible to stick your sorcerer into a little diorama in a 40mm base?
As I told you I'm not going to enter with such an entry (I will stick on a vanilla 20 mm base) but it would be nice to see it made by some else..... Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - furrie - 01-18-2010 08:12 AM

I will try to enter, I already have a cool idea (already have the idea for about half a year). Just need to see if I can find the time to finish

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Pyro Stick - 01-18-2010 08:30 AM

Well since ive got a WIP sorceror lying around, im going to try and enter this. If i can just think of a good colour scheme. Its going to be so obvious which entry is mine lol.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - The Snowman - 01-18-2010 11:37 AM

I am guessing that it is only one entry per person...
I could do 2 or 3...
Now I'll have to pick one.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bolg - 01-18-2010 12:01 PM

Thommy H Wrote:
Is the rule about the entry not having been shown anywhere before in force for this competition as well?

I was wondering the same, are you allowed to show WIP (not the finished model ofcourse) in your army blog? I see no reason why not it only shows the rest "what they are up against"..

(:

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Pyro Stick - 01-18-2010 12:43 PM

Bolg Wrote:

Thommy H Wrote:

I was wondering the same, are you allowed to show WIP (not the finished model ofcourse) in your army blog? I see no reason why not it only shows the rest "what they are up against"..

Ive posted wips of the model im entering in my blog so im guessing its fine. But dont have an ongoing wip update of your entry in your blog.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bolg - 01-18-2010 01:20 PM

I thought as mugh.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 01-18-2010 01:52 PM

Well, hopefully I can get something in. We're expecting another baby @ Feb 1st.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Obsidian - 01-18-2010 03:36 PM

If I can find the sculpting time I'm in. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - centauro enano - 01-18-2010 07:12 PM

A question, if as conversion a sorcerer and you have shown in my blog but this still unpainted, may be used for the golden hat?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Loki - 01-19-2010 05:14 AM

Cool i will be entering as i have had a cool idea for ages but have held it back in case something like this came up Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Border Reiver - 01-19-2010 08:39 AM

Alright - I've got one that I've been waiting to update for an age - now's the time.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Ogrob - 01-19-2010 12:41 PM

I've started on my entry. Should be able to get it done without uni work coming between this time.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 01-19-2010 03:15 PM

@Bassman
This is for single miniatures, anything else on the base should only be small, or part of the base (like a dead body etc).  Being a diorama would depend on what it was.  Say for instance someone wanted a sorcerer sitting at a desk on 40mm that would be ok, but it wouldn't really look like a gaming model.  If anyone is thinking of doing a 'diorama' please pm one of the staff.

As pyro said, ongoing updates in blogs are not really what we want for this.  A model that has been shown unpainted before can be used, but we don't want people doing a WIP painting guide or anything in a blog.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 01-19-2010 04:41 PM

centauro enano Wrote:
A question, if as conversion a sorcerer and you have shown in my blog but this still unpainted, may be used for the golden hat?

Booooring Tongue Make something new, unexpected, totally revolutiona... okay, I exaggerate, but it would be cooler, if you make something new, isn't it?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Balseraph - 01-19-2010 05:17 PM

In the end I do not know whether it can be daemonsmith - whether it Must be a sorcerer?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 01-19-2010 05:30 PM

Daemonsmith/ arcane engineer sorcerer.  All the same imo.  If it looks a bit like a sorcerer it's all good.

Of course it's not just me voting on this, and others may interpret the theme of the competition differently when deciding who to vote for.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Hazkar - 01-19-2010 05:52 PM

i have an unpainted sorcerer laying around here somewhere...if i can find it and paint it in time i´m in too

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - centauro enano - 01-19-2010 07:36 PM

Snotling Wrote:

centauro enano Wrote:

Booooring Tongue Make something new, unexpected, totally revolutiona... okay, I exaggerate, but it would be cooler, if you make something new, isn't it?

As I ran out of vacation and not have much free time but I will try to do something, thanks for the advice. Takes Hat offTakes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Pyro Stick - 01-20-2010 08:09 AM

I will probably be finished my entry today or tomorrow. I must have been painting for about 8 hours straight yesterday. Looks like i should stock up on Red Bull for every GH lol.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Hashut's Blessing - 01-20-2010 10:52 AM

Balseraph: anything that could be construed as a magician of some kind within the Chaos Dwarf army. If you can't tell that it's a caster (whether daemon smith, arcane engineer, runewielder, sorcerer, etc etc), then it's not eligible. If it is notably a caster, then enter it and see if people agree Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bassman - 01-20-2010 11:00 AM

Snotling Wrote:

centauro enano Wrote:

We forgive you only if YOU (Snotling) enter a new miniature Happy
If so my chances to win will be nullified but we will have an awesome entry from you for sure Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Balseraph - 01-21-2010 03:53 AM

Thanks for the reply.
But I have another questionHappy Theoretical.
Is there a limit to enter the contest? In the sense that I do such as 2, 3... figures representing the CD Sorcerer?
Or we can just do, for contest, 1 figure 1 for 1 person?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Hashut's Blessing - 01-21-2010 09:51 AM

One figure per entry and one entry per person Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Kera foehunter - 01-21-2010 05:38 PM

well i 'm going to try !! have a few other contest i'll be working on too

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bolg - 01-21-2010 05:57 PM

Looks like there a going to be quite a few entry's, great, I wasnt going to win anyway and now I get more slaves (:

My Death Sorcerer is finished, but I'm not happy with the photos, will try again tomorrow, outside with some of that daylight stuff, should help.

[edit] daylight stuff did wonders pictures have been send.[/edit]

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Borador - 01-23-2010 05:28 AM

Well, I guess that I will try and finish up the mini tomorrow, at least the green part ;D

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Kera foehunter - 01-23-2010 07:11 AM

well i found a little time  so i'll get started today

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Alfract - 01-23-2010 08:31 AM

I got an idea, well have to see if it comes into fruitation and if i every want to paint it..

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 01-23-2010 01:21 PM

Man....I'm building mine pretty fast. Wish the end date wasn't the 28th of February. That's going to be a torture to wait that long!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Pyro Stick - 01-23-2010 01:55 PM

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:
Man....I'm building mine pretty fast. Wish the end date wasn't the 28th of February. That's going to be a torture to wait that long!

Im going to be finished mine soon as well but just think of the wait as extra time to think about anything you could change to make it better.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bassman - 01-23-2010 03:00 PM

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:

This is perfect for me... lol Cheers! as I'm going to fly in USA and I won't be back until February the 14th. So it won't be possible to touch a brush up to then.
Just in time to complete my entry Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - clam - 01-23-2010 03:15 PM

I'll probably go to Spain (The Canary Islands) from February the 13th to 27th, so that will give me something like 3 weeks to do my entry. All I need to do is stick to a single one of the ideas in my head (have concepts for something like 4 or so - playing around in my head). I'm torn between 'just' painting one of my old school classics - or do a more popular mechanical Big Hat Sorcerer. Guess, only time will tell ... Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Ogrob - 01-24-2010 02:21 PM

I've got most of my sculpting done, but haven't settled on a color scheme yet.

I might need that month to finish it Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Zanko - 01-24-2010 03:16 PM

I have two different minis at choice!

Difficult to choose the right one ... Unsure

... and what colour scheme should I use?

Enviable are the participants who have their plan of action ready! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Thorne - 01-24-2010 03:55 PM

Zanko Wrote:
I have two different minis at choice!

Me too ... I did have one model I was working on and then changed my mind in favor of something else completely different, Oh for the love of god now I have to paint it now ...

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 01-25-2010 12:05 AM

I have my models together, just have to paint. However, I'm thinking someone will end up doing something more spectacular than me.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Loki - 01-25-2010 05:03 AM

Mine is gettign there have nearly finished the model now so might get some paint on it tonight Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - centauro enano - 01-25-2010 07:42 AM

clam Wrote:
I'll probably go to Spain (The Canary Islands) from February the 13th to 27th, so that will give me something like 3 weeks to do my entry. All I need to do is stick to a single one of the ideas in my head (have concepts for something like 4 or so - playing around in my head). I'm torn between 'just' painting one of my old school classics - or do a more popular mechanical Big Hat Sorcerer. Guess, only time will tell ... Wink

Good place for a holiday just I live in one of these islands. Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 01-25-2010 01:57 PM

Hmmm...do I sense a CD meet-up in the works?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - clam - 01-25-2010 04:20 PM

centauro enano Wrote:

You do? Which one?

I love visiting Spain (have been to Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla and Grenada - but also the the more 'popular' Mallorca and Costa del Sol (Malaga, Marbella and Gribraltar (yes, I know it's not Spain, but still ...)). Would have prefered visiting Galicia/Bilbao - but wife and kids finds it to cold this time of year. So they've picked The Canary Islands. So which one should i visit? From books, I've found Tenerife most interesting. What's you opinion?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - tjub - 01-25-2010 04:58 PM

Just started the work on mine... Looking forward to enter another GH. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - centauro enano - 01-25-2010 07:58 PM

clam Wrote:

centauro enano Wrote:

You do? Which one?

I love visiting Spain (have been to Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla and Grenada - but also the the more 'popular' Mallorca and Costa del Sol (Malaga, Marbella and Gribraltar (yes, I know it's not Spain, but still ...)). Would have prefered visiting Galicia/Bilbao - but wife and kids finds it to cold this time of year. So they've picked The Canary Islands. So which one should i visit? From books, I've found Tenerife most interesting. What's you opinion?

I live in Las Palmas of Gran Canaria.

It is a good choice, I visit some years ago and I caught the attention of an island green enough in comparison with mine. I  acknowledge that I have a really good memory ,I will advise that you get into a excursion, that's what I always do when I travel, I think is the best way to see the best place.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Hashut's Blessing - 01-26-2010 09:06 AM

Inspiration for my sorcerer has FINALLY struck and shall also be a basis for my entry into the Regiment of Renown mini-competition that is going on.

I hope I;ve got people eager and hope even more that I can have it all done in time Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Ogrob - 01-26-2010 10:00 AM

I'm a little closer to finishing my sculpting, but not started painting yet.

I can say that I'm so far very happy with the outcome, and I'd say it's a good step above any of the stuff in my plog.

Edit: Sculpting done, base is modelled and basecoated. Realised I had to finish this before my exams come up.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 01-26-2010 12:15 PM

Mine is now assembled now it's finding time to paint it.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 01-26-2010 01:38 PM

Got my sorcerer painted...just have to finish the other stuff as I opted to build the 40mm base size...and CD's just aren't that fat! LOL!

Too bad we can't post WIP pics. I wish you guys and girls could see what I'm building.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - tjub - 01-28-2010 02:22 PM

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:
Got my sorcerer painted...just have to finish the other stuff as I opted to build the 40mm base size...and CD's just aren't that fat! LOL!

Too bad we can't post WIP pics. I wish you guys and girls could see what I'm building.

Save them and post when the competition is over, Id love to see WIPs of all the entrys later on... Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 01-28-2010 03:25 PM

Ok.

Tjub...your work is so good that you've probably won this thing already! Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 01-28-2010 04:45 PM

Nah I'm going to get the sympathy vote for entering my first entry since GH V!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Revlid - 01-28-2010 04:55 PM

Alright! After a fairly long hiatus from Warhammer in general, I've decided to enter this one! With a month to go, I'll probably be able to make it in on time.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - clam - 01-28-2010 05:04 PM

Looks to be the greatest GH ever - can't hardly wait to see.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Borador - 01-29-2010 11:24 AM

almost finished sculpting! might be done with that after the weekend.

Good luck to all! =]

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Ghrask Dragh - 01-29-2010 03:58 PM

Ahh good old Golden Hat, how I missed thee Happy

Well looks like I'm a month behind, given my track record I dont fancy my chances much but I'll give it a go!
Looking forward to seeing all these entries though, loads of interest, great Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bassman - 01-29-2010 06:26 PM

Cool, this sound to be the largest Golden Hat ever! Do you think it will outnumber GH VIII? Do we love more sorcerers or warmachines? Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - cornixt - 01-29-2010 06:41 PM

I've got one I need to finish, but I have no idea if I'll get around to finishing the sculpting, let alone paint it. See how it goes.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - tjub - 01-30-2010 05:03 AM

Just finished the sculpting... Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Zanko - 01-30-2010 09:42 AM

tjub Wrote:
Just finished the sculpting... Happy

Me too! Cheers!

The painting has just begun!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 01-30-2010 12:58 PM

1/2 way through painting the base. Just sort of stalled out for a bit.......

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 02-01-2010 12:21 PM

Got a major amount done last night and have a few more things to add tonight. I figure by the end of the week I should be done.

I'm actually shocked as I haven't gotten this far since GH V.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Hashut's Blessing - 02-01-2010 07:34 PM

Unfortunately, it's giving me the incentive to finish my first almost full sculpt. It's unfortunate because it's a goblin shaman, lol Tongue Still, I will have to have a think about what I can pull together for this Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - clam - 02-02-2010 04:20 AM

Not much sculpting to do on my entry this time - but a lot use of bits and plastic card to make him suited for a GH comp.

Worst thing is I can't prime him! It's freezing outside and have been so for weeks, and wife will not let me spray paint it inside Big Grin

Think a have to go with a brush on technic. Just have to find some primer paint suited for this. Any tips?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 02-04-2010 01:39 PM

I'm pretty exited about the entrys for this GH. Hopefully I can manage to finish my sorcerer(s) before the deadline ends... I'm so busy, but I like my mini so far. It will be my first 100% Scratchbuild mini (the Dolls doesn't count ^^). Yay! Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 02-04-2010 01:55 PM

Wow looks like some of the heavyweights of site will be entering this one! I guess I can kiss even placing goodbye. Wink

In truth once I saw who was entering I figured the only shot I would have would be third at best, but so it goes.

I'm pleased with my efforts as I think this will turn out to be the best single mini I've ever done, certainly for my CDs.

As one of my favorite guys in tech world is fond of quoting: "The journey is the reward".

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bolg - 02-04-2010 02:17 PM

I know exactly what you mean Willmark! luckily I already submitted my pictures so I cant turn back anymore. (and I just keep thinking about all the nice slaves I get just for entering.)

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Borador - 02-04-2010 02:49 PM

Well, at least I finished sculpting, might be in time with my scratch built chaos dwarf shaman im working on currently, if he would be done on time I might stand a chance Tongue Wink Though I won't enter that one for I might cast it (aa)

I will enter my death lore dude as planned =]

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 02-04-2010 03:05 PM

Borador Wrote:

yeah, me too Wink

but don't be so pessimistic, guys! I never sculpted a wohle mini before, I have no odea, how he comes out and even if I can mange to finish the mini, he will not b much spectacular like a sorcerer could be... just add a source lightning effect or a cool base and I'm out Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - clam - 02-04-2010 04:56 PM

Wasn't your Gaoler a 100% home made sculpt too? - cant remember seeing any plastics on that one. Looking forward seeing what you have come up with.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 02-04-2010 07:41 PM

nope, he was only 90%, the arms, and the dead trophy were from GW (the arms from the plastic miners)...the most difficult stuff to sculpt. especially hands are a big challenge, imho

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 02-04-2010 09:32 PM

Snotling Wrote:

Borador Wrote:

yeah, me too Wink

but don't be so pessimistic, guys! I never sculpted a wohle mini before, I have no odea, how he comes out and even if I can mange to finish the mini, he will not much spectacular like a sorcerer could be... just add a source lightning effect or a cool base and I'm out Happy

No pesimism whatsoever.

I look at it this way. If by some miracle I win/place I will have beaten/placed amongst the best. If not I gave it a damn good effort amongst my Internet friends and got to see their cool creations; either way it's a win.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Borador - 02-05-2010 06:48 AM

Willmark Wrote:
No pesimism whatsoever.

I look at it this way. If by some miracle I win/place I will have beaten/placed amonst the best. If not I gave it a damn good effort amongst my Internet friends and got to see their cool creations; either way it's a win.

hehe seconded =] Only thing I can not seem to win is The Game =D

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Revlid - 02-05-2010 02:51 PM

Borador Wrote:
Only thing I can not seem to win is The Game =D

Damn you.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Zanko - 02-05-2010 02:54 PM

So my mini is finished! Cheers!

Now I have to take the photos and send them!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Borador - 02-06-2010 08:41 AM

Sorry Revlid (aa)

I'll be painting mine this week if I have time to give him a lick of paint =D

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Hashut's Blessing - 02-06-2010 09:48 AM

I'm desperately trying to create some time for this, but I have a dissertation, a practical dissertation, work for a practical exam, three essays, try to find a job and still find time to eat the cakey noms!

It seems I may flounder and not manage to enter this one, but I'll do my damnedest.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 02-06-2010 10:57 AM

Mine is about 99% done now. Just base and a few touch ups to go

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Kera foehunter - 02-06-2010 02:20 PM

mine is still in the green form need to make a base for it

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Revlid - 02-06-2010 03:48 PM

Done:
-Mask
-Robes

WIP:
-Beard
-Hat
-Hair
-Shoulders

To Do:
-Arms
-Staff
-Lantern
-Base
-PAINT

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Zanko - 02-06-2010 03:49 PM

I made the pics and they are send! Cheers!

Now I'm eager to all the other entries ... damn such a long time to wait ... Mad

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Kera foehunter - 02-06-2010 04:07 PM

Yea !! everyone hates the teacher pet there Zanko
kera get back to her figures * as she shakes her fist at zanko*

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Zanko - 02-06-2010 04:46 PM

Kera foehunter Wrote:
Yea !! everyone hates the teacher pet there Zanko
kera get back to her figures * as she shakes her fist at zanko*

What is a teacher pet???

I cannot translate this phrase! Angry

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 02-06-2010 05:59 PM

Zanko Wrote:
What is a teacher pet???

You know, this is a person who allways tries to be the teachers favourite and who knows everything better... you know, like the guys which lern the whole day, never forget their homeworks and so one....
because you are one of the first who are finish...

("Streber oder Klugscheißer, man Tongue")

I think there is also a porn movie with this title.... I heard about it... ehem... Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bolg - 02-06-2010 06:59 PM

@ Zanko: Jailbait!!!!

*And Bolg waves his hand at Kera and shouts hurry up and submit those pictures!* or something similar.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Zanko - 02-06-2010 07:13 PM

I should be a "Klugscheißer"/teachers pet?!?! Mad Hmmghmmmgh ... no!

At school the teachers hate me! I was a lazy and thoughtless pupil! Cheers! Really!

... Jailbait??? Angry

I'm damned old! Sad

I have only little spare time (you know wife, two children, parents, father and mother in law, a job ...!) and I must utilize my (own) spare time ... Wink

I wish I was younger and have no obligations! Cheers!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 02-06-2010 07:31 PM

Oh, a teachers pet is jailbait? irks....Sick

I learn a lot when I visit english-speaking forums
Okay Zanko, sorry for that, you are no "Streber", you are an underage girly whore.... don't you feel much, much better now? Happy Happy Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 02-06-2010 07:58 PM

Guys, "Stay on target"

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 02-06-2010 08:09 PM

this is why I prefer tree sturctures to bulletin boards... ehm oh, sorry...
... I mean, yeah, my sorcerer needs just arms and a head, everything will be fine ^^

I wonder what he next GH will be... themes are running out ^^. Okay, we didn't had Monster, Sneakies and "something which doesn't exist", but this is more for the artisan's contest...

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bassman - 02-06-2010 09:43 PM

I have ides for new GH but, well, actually, we are in the middle of this one. It is a little too early to discuss new one, isn't it?
Like in school I'm the lazy git that waste time just too finish everything last minute. Unfortunately I cannot copy in GH.... or I can hack Snotling computer, stole his pictures and..... win!!!!! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 02-06-2010 10:43 PM

Oh, I make two sorcerers right now, you can have the pics of one. Unfortunaly now that I said that in the forum, everybody knows and you are banned from the contest and even if I don't send you my pics, the staff think they are from me...
Evil idea hehehe
I should do that with every member who enters to GH... how sneaky gity would that be Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - m3lvin - 02-08-2010 02:26 PM

Willmark Wrote:
Guys, "Stay on target"

While on the subject of Star Wars,
perhaps I would accomplish better results with my entry
if I just closed my eyes and "used the force". Big Grin

/melv

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Hashut's Blessing - 02-08-2010 03:01 PM

I may have to create mine based on one of the entries of the Mini RoR contest. That presumes that I can find the time, which I am SERIOUSLY doubting I will now. Sorry if I don't make it guys. Do your best for me Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 02-14-2010 10:34 AM

Mine is now done, all that is left is to take photos and send them in.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Arashi - 02-14-2010 10:47 AM

Sent my entry.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - tjub - 02-15-2010 08:18 AM

Finally started painting... Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Revlid - 02-15-2010 08:24 AM

Still to do:
Greenstuff hands
Greenstuff staff
Greenstuff lantern
Greenstuff fire
Greenstuff hair
Greenstuff finery
PAINT

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Borador - 02-15-2010 01:26 PM

Sort of finished painting and basing, touching up some details soon and then some last minute pics will be sent I guess ;D

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - warh - 02-15-2010 02:11 PM

i'm finnished long time ago now,
made a fire sorcerer Unsure

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Ishkur Cinderhat - 02-16-2010 02:43 PM

Just in case any of you are still looking for those mechanical legs for your semi-petrified Golden Hat XI entry, these might come in handy Happy

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/02/14/33623

EDIT:

warh Wrote:
i'm finnished long time ago now,

You're not Finnish. You're Swedish. :p

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - clam - 02-16-2010 04:34 PM

Great find, Ish.

I gave up on the idea myself - but these are very nice indeed. Maybe a bit to high tech - but could be use with just some small adjustments.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-16-2010 06:01 PM

Mine's done. Are we able to send in pics now? I thought a special thread was suppose to be formed first saying "Send entry to (member) Golden Hat.".

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Hashut's Blessing - 02-17-2010 06:33 PM

That is the first post in this thread, lol Big Grin You can send your pictures in to Golden Hat as soon as the competition thread is opened Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - tjub - 02-17-2010 06:59 PM

...and its done, just waiting for the varnish to dry. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Kera foehunter - 02-17-2010 07:19 PM

need to paint !!! have to get a cool red paint  mine dry out * mad*

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-18-2010 06:16 AM

Tjub Wrote:
...and its done, just waiting for the varnish to dry

Uh-oh...I think Tjub accidently built an Oak table by mistake! Big Grin

@ Hashut's Blessing - You're so right! Why can't my brain turn on anymore? Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a fog.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Thorne - 02-18-2010 06:31 AM

Damnit I cant decide, 3 Sorcerers and I cant decided between them ....

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Revlid - 02-18-2010 06:58 AM

The green is almost finished. Goddamn, this one is going to come down to the wire.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Pyro Stick - 02-18-2010 09:24 AM

Wow only 10 days left. I better hurry up and finish my entry. I had a bit of a crisis half way through when i realised the paint job looked terrible so i had to completely start with it again. Its looking better now so i should be finished soon.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Loki - 02-18-2010 09:39 AM

I should have mine finished this weekend Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bolg - 02-18-2010 10:28 AM

yesss.... more slaves, More Slaves, MORE SLAVES!!!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 02-18-2010 11:04 AM

This seems to be shaping up to be a big turnout which I am pleased to see. On the other hand however that means that many more photos to sift through! Yikes!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-18-2010 01:32 PM

Well, get ready Willmark - mine are coming soon! Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 02-18-2010 01:44 PM

I will hopefully have mine almost finished (painting) by the end of the weekend.  I'm undercoating tommorow.

Still need to decide whether I should do anything interesting for the base or just make him game legal...  Hang on, why am I asking all of you!? Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - tjub - 02-19-2010 06:25 AM

Just sent it in! Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Borador - 02-19-2010 08:05 AM

@ Thorne: Cointoss ftw? =]
@ Bolg: indeed, more slaves, MORE SLAVES!
@ Grim: Well you could do an illegal base? (a) with a sorcerer dueling a troll and make the base more than 40mm in size =]

*hopes grim listens to my evil plan, because the first thread states it needs to be a unit Str 1 mini on a base no larger than 40mm. Evil idea *

@ Revlid: Just keep it up, you'll manage =]

mine will be sent in sunday I guess.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Ogrob - 02-20-2010 05:35 PM

I hit a wall on painting mine. But still... a week to go... This might be doable.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-21-2010 03:02 AM

Sent in the pictures. Please let me know if it worked!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Loki - 02-21-2010 05:49 PM

Just sent my pics in Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Golden Hat - 02-21-2010 05:56 PM

*mysterious voice from high above*

Your entry has been received Tarrakk, all links ok.  Very nice entry.

- Grim

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-21-2010 09:21 PM

ThanX Golden Hat! Big Grin Nice to know the links worked. (I hate relying on all this technical stuff.)

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - clam - 02-22-2010 05:57 AM

Didn't paint much during my holiday Sad Hoped it would have been finished now, but hopefully I'll succeed finish my entry during the week.

Golden Hat Wrote:
*mysterious voice from high above*

Your entry has been received Tarrakk, all links ok.  Very nice entry.

- Grim

Think, it might be a good servise just to replay to the PMs when you get them - that the submission are in. Would that be to much to ask for (as I know, that this might be the biggest GH ever Big Grin)

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Revlid - 02-22-2010 08:56 AM

READY TO PAINT

LESS THAN A WEEK

LOW ON PAINTS

FINAL DESTINATION

GO

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - centauro enano - 02-22-2010 09:22 AM

And I already sent mine, Good luck to all Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Pyro Stick - 02-25-2010 09:25 AM

I think i have finished my entry but im going to spend a few days trying to find any mistakes before i send in pics.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Pyro Stick - 02-26-2010 09:52 AM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
I think i have finished my entry but im going to spend a few days trying to find any mistakes before i send in pics.

Found a huge mistake but fixed it and sent in pics.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - m3lvin - 02-26-2010 06:34 PM

hrrmm.... only two days left,
now would be a good time to start to paint! dead
oh dear.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-26-2010 09:45 PM

Paints these days set so fast that you probably could get it done in 2 days!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 02-27-2010 12:24 PM

Yep time is winding down everyone so get those entries in if you have not done so already!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-27-2010 01:17 PM

Out of curiosity Willmark, how many people so far have submitted pictures?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - m3lvin - 02-27-2010 02:21 PM

No worries, as long as there's nothing wrong with the site tomorrow,
I'll get my entry done in time.

Altough, my girlfriend got home an hour ago with two adorable kittens!
I'll try to not let them affect my work to much...  curse her! Tongue Wink

/melv

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 02-27-2010 03:42 PM

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:
Out of curiosity Willmark, how many people so far have submitted pictures?

Haven't checked yet so it will be a wait till they get posted type of thing Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-27-2010 04:29 PM

Just wondered if we made the "Extra Slaves" for entering thing.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 02-27-2010 05:41 PM

There will be slaves as well as there are enough entries that Gold, Silver and Bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Golden Hat - 02-28-2010 07:03 AM

I've had a look, we've got 19 entries!

That is quite impressive I think, and I know you are going to like them.  There are some really... strange ones in there, and it's nice to see people using a variety of colours.  

Grim

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 02-28-2010 07:14 AM

I managed to get mine in with nearly a day before the deadline (18hours)!  Must be a record for me.  Admittedly I was painting stormvermin and a plaguebearer standard bearer most of yesterday, so I could have got it in earlier.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - centauro enano - 02-28-2010 07:28 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing all figures Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-28-2010 11:50 AM

Me too. Too bad all the Time Zones are not the same and that some of us have to wait until tommorrow to see the pictures. Sad

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Thommy H - 02-28-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:
Too bad all the Time Zones are not the same

Yeah, I don't imagine that would cause any logistical difficulties.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-28-2010 11:53 AM

Well, maybe not. It would be nice to know what the Time Zone difference is so that I can say that if Willmark says the contest closes at 11:00pm, that it's really 9:00am the next day, my time.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Thommy H - 02-28-2010 12:21 PM

I think you might be able to find that information on the internet somewhere...

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-28-2010 01:23 PM

Meh...too lazy! LOL!

Anyway, sometime tommorrow (my time) the voting thread will be up. I can wait!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 02-28-2010 03:26 PM

yay yay yay, I finished mine 16 houres before the deadline ends... allways the same ^^. Pretty good time management, hehe. Oh guys, I'm so exited to see what kind of sorcerers you did, ooooh yeah!! How long do we have to wait untill we see everything? tomorrow?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - clam - 02-28-2010 04:45 PM

With 20+ entries? I guess not Big Grin

Think it will take staff a few days to tightend them up nicely, like usual Wink

- but I'm also keen to see what my fellow members have come up with for this - so please hurry Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 02-28-2010 04:49 PM

How did the slaves work again? 1 per entry? I'll have to look at post#1.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 02-28-2010 05:29 PM

@Snotling/ Clam
We need to establish who will be compiling all the fancy montage shots, so I doubt it will be earlier than say wednesday realistically.  Hopefully sooner though.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bolg - 02-28-2010 07:26 PM

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:
How did the slaves work again? 1 per entry? I'll have to look at post#1.

Jup that's it, so for the last completion I made a entire terrain piece and got 3 slaves, now I panted the one model and get 20+ slaves whoooehoeee!!!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Revlid - 02-28-2010 07:39 PM

What's that screeching noise, I wonder?

Oh, it's me, scraping in at 10 minutes under the deadline.

Looking forward to seeing all the other entries! Takes Hat off

EDIT: Wait, shit, what's up with this post's timestamp? It was 20-to-Midnight when I wrote this thing, why's it saying it was lunchtime?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - m3lvin - 02-28-2010 08:39 PM

Revlid: the deadline is decided after the Eastern Standard Timezone (EST), and over there its about 19.30 now, meaning its 4 and a half hours left.
So I guess your stressed more than necessary Tongue Wink

I'm happy to announce that I also made the deadline, and you can look forward to yet another entry Big Grin

If anyone of the mods, admin or mr. golden hat himself reads this, please send me a pm to confirm that my entry has been submitted.

I'm very eager to see what everyone has come up with!

cheers,

/melv

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Hashut's Blessing - 02-28-2010 08:41 PM

Unfortunately, I simply haven't had the time to even make my model, let alone paint it. Still,, with 4.5 hours left, maybe I'll be outrageous and make/paint something in time, lol Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Da Crusha - 02-28-2010 10:54 PM

I cant wait to see the entries! when are they going to be posted?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Willmark - 03-01-2010 12:30 AM

If all goes well I will start sifting through the images Monday night and hopefully will have them up soon thereafter.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - m3lvin - 03-01-2010 12:55 AM

less then 10 minutes left now...
Willmark: was my entry successfully submitted?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-01-2010 01:57 AM

C'mon HB! I'm rooting for you to make it....and I'll be taking the 1 extra slave if you doo too! Big Grin

HB! HB! H'es our man! If he can't paint it....he can send it to me! LOL!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 03-01-2010 08:59 AM

hm, maybe I send not enough pictures... or the pics are not good enough... argh, I'm so exited. But hey, we waited so long, now we can take 2 or 3 days more, I think ^^.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Revlid - 03-01-2010 09:32 AM

Wait, so the competition runs on Eastern Standard Time, I'm on Greenwich Mean Time, and the Post's Time Stamp is in an entirely different zone? Ugh. Confusing.

Well, looking forward to the entries (though less confident now I know Snotling is involved...)

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - clam - 03-01-2010 09:52 AM

There is still a chance to come second Wink Don't think Ishkur entered this one - lol.

Btw: Post time stamp is controled by your user settings. Have you checked that?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 03-01-2010 10:11 AM

Your time stamp on your individual account is irrelvant, the Golden Hat Account is set at EST.  So you'd have to google and find out when this is in relation to where you live, but ultimately we're only interested in what is received before the deadline on that account.

If you missed it by a couple of minutes etc we would still let you in.  Hours later probably not.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Thorne - 03-01-2010 10:24 AM

I had thougth that this issue was resolved ... Unfortunately on my attempts to post the golden hat to you guys i was getting as pasted bellow

Warning: require_once(/home/chaos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/chaos/public_html/forum/showthread.php on line 21

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/chaos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/chaos/public_html/forum/showthread.php on line 21

If my entry is accepted great if it isnt that is unfortunate but I still have another sorcerer to add to my army anyhow so GH or not its pretty irrelivant but one would hope it was accpeted. I still have another cool sorcerer to add.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 03-01-2010 10:36 AM

@Thorne
Email them to this address
cdostaff@hotmail.co.uk

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Thorne - 03-01-2010 10:44 AM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
@Thorne
Email them to this address
cdostaff@hotmail.co.uk

Oakaly dokealy.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Hashut's Blessing - 03-01-2010 11:55 AM

Tarrak, my apologies, I just ran out of life last night and collapsed, lol Tongue Still, I will tell you that I'd planned to make my Bull Centaur Sorcerer special character, but use him as a bog standard sorcerer, as a unit filler. I don't think it'd be classed as legal, but I didn't expect to find the time anyhow, lol Big Grin

Still, I'll try and make a BC tutorial and, when I do, I shall make the BC Sorcerer.

Good luck to all and thanks for getting entries in!

P.S. 4,000th post O.o

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 03-01-2010 12:43 PM

Revlid Wrote:
Well, looking forward to the entries (though less confident now I know Snotling is involved...)

And I'm less confident because I know that grim is involved... the Golden Hat is all about fear Takes Hat off. I'm a little dissapointed 'cause Ishkur had no time to make another sorcerer... I can't wait to see who else entered. No Bull Centaur sorcerer? Sad I wonder how many mechanical legs I will see... Grim, I bet you made some, right? I'm sure you had! ... Damn, I'm so excited! Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - centauro enano - 03-03-2010 07:36 PM

Sorry but what does the golden hat?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Grimstonefire - 03-03-2010 07:47 PM

I didn't make any mechanical legs. Wink

The golden hat is another medal to go under someones user profile.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 03-03-2010 08:07 PM

Really not?! Argh, where are the pictures, my impatience is killing me! ^^
And... the GH is more than just a medal under your profile... it is gold and glory, it is the one and only painting competition for a real Chaosdwarf! And... it is the best opportunity to devellope the new CD-look ^^

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Revlid - 03-03-2010 08:09 PM

Snotling Wrote:
And... it is the best opportunity to devellope the new CD-look ^^

I agree entirely. Concept art can only go so far - the only real way to tell if an idea will work as a model is... Well, to make it into a model.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - centauro enano - 03-03-2010 08:21 PM

they're not going to put the photos for the problem to and the trophies?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - clam - 03-04-2010 10:05 AM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
I didn't make any mechanical legs. Wink

No, but you bought them from GW (or another company - like the Hasslefree's I showed you) - lol Wink

And yes, we wanna see those entries. Staff have had 6 weeks to plan this. Won't hear anyting about site crashes, slave hunts or any missing trophy racks getting in the way. Nor would I hear about part time jobs or absence from Master Admin himself eighter.

Get on with it - still 7 staff members left - that should be something like 3 entries each.

So get one with it

please Rolleyes

- or I'll start my own 'GH entry hunt' and start posting them myself Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Snotling - 03-04-2010 01:53 PM

Yeah really, you said something about wednesday or earlier... some of us are so thrilled, they have no fingernails anymore... Pirate

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Zanko - 03-04-2010 02:29 PM

I totally agree with clam ... hurry up all you guys - please!!! Tongue Wink

I'm so excited!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Bolg - 03-04-2010 07:00 PM

tick tock, tick tock (;

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Golden Hat - 03-05-2010 11:46 AM

Progress update

I have now downloaded and edited all the photos (all 95 of them)...

We have 27 entrants, afaik that is everyone who sent in entries.

I anticipate getting this up either tonight (GMT) or tommorow morning.

-Grim

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Forgefire - 03-05-2010 11:56 AM

Ha! I cant wait to see all the entries!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-05-2010 01:13 PM

One word.....EXCITEMENT!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Ishkur Cinderhat - 03-05-2010 05:47 PM

What's this - five days after the deadline and still no voting thread up? BLASPHEMY!
Seems like our slave master could use a little extra motivation to get back to work, garrrr.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Hashut's Blessing - 03-06-2010 11:18 AM

Have a look and you'll find the thread is up now Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Ishkur Cinderhat - 03-06-2010 04:52 PM

Already visited, voted and commented sir! Wink