CDO Forums
Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! (/showthread.php?tid=7198)

Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Grimstonefire - 03-05-2010 05:44 PM

Please submit 3 numbers as votes by sending a PM to Golden Hat. We had 27 entries this time, which means 27 slaves will be heading your way, if you entered. I personally am very impressed with the shear variety of models that were entered.  It really goes to show that with a little bit of patience, some greenstuff (and a lot of luck Wink) we can all get some great characterful models for our armies.

PM Golden Hat with the three numbers of the entries you like best!

And remember!

Rules Wrote:
Additionally, when you cast votes you must vote for your 3 favorite entries.  Each (more or less) anonymous entry below is numbered ranging from 1 to 27. After one week, we will post the results. All staff will have access to the votes if you have a problem with the voting or have questions as to how to vote, likewise, contact one of us.

There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Simply list the three that you like we will do the rest.

So voting will close 12th March 11:59 EST

<1<2<3<4<5

<6<7<8<9<10

<11<12<13<14<15

<16<17<18<19<20

<21<22<23<24<25

<26 <27

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - m3lvin - 03-06-2010 12:26 AM

Crazy. Completely crazy.
This is so awesome!, GH gets better and better for each time!
who know where its gonna end Big Grin

I already got some favorites, but will give it some longer thought,
and let all the awesomeness sink in before I make my final wote.

Congrats to all! we certainly made something really outstanding this time Cheers!

/melv

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Da Crusha - 03-06-2010 12:30 AM

Shock whoa the entries are awesome!! I should've tried and entered, now I think I must have the worst sorcerers on the site. amazing work guys, amazing! and how hard was it to pick just 3? I changed my mind like 15 times.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Balseraph - 03-06-2010 02:54 AM

Wow.. They are Great !!

So much and so different figures.......... what to choose??

Good luck to all !! Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-06-2010 03:19 AM

Awesome entries. It will be so hard to just pick 3. It's going to take some time.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - tjub - 03-06-2010 03:43 AM

Ive been waiting for this ...and of course great work here, awesome entrys! Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Zanko - 03-06-2010 03:47 AM

Like ususal many awesome entries here! Takes Hat off

It was quite difficult but I made my choice! Cheers!

I'm very excited who will win this GHXI contest! Big Grin

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Ogrob - 03-06-2010 04:06 AM

Some great looking entries, and awesome to see so many entries.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Ishkur Cinderhat - 03-06-2010 04:41 AM

Wow, some superb stuff again! I'm quite sure we are going to have a second round of voting for this one. ^^

My votes are sent. Love the different takes on the theme and the quality of the paint jobs. Some great use of OSL here and there, too! Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Forgefire - 03-06-2010 05:05 AM

Hard to choose from so many awesome entries.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Thorne - 03-06-2010 05:09 AM

Damn I cant pick, I wont pick my own but damn !

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Borador - 03-06-2010 07:17 AM

Damned nice work :O To much great competition, already have some thoughts on which one is made by who on some mini's, so let's wait and see ;D Good luck to all!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - centauro enano - 03-06-2010 07:44 AM

Congratulations to all the great work on the gold hat Cheers!, good luck.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Snotling - 03-06-2010 09:34 AM

Ay ay ay, this was worth the waiting, awesome stuff. I agree with Thorne, the quality of many entries is so great that you better support your own but in fact... there were allways enough alternatives to vote for... well, if I would have ten votes, I would know who to vote for, yep Happy

And it is pretty cool that you see on so many entries who converted and painted it ^^ Congrats to the good work for all!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Bassman - 03-06-2010 10:16 AM

Snotling Wrote:
Ay ay ay, this was worth the waiting, awesome stuff. I agree with Thorne, the quality of many entries is so great that you better support your own but in fact... there were allways enough alternatives to vote for... well, if I would have ten votes, I would know who to vote for, yep Happy

And it is pretty cool that you see on so many entries who converted and painted it ^^ Congrats to the good work for all!

Voting for themselves is soooo laaaame! Buuuh, let's boycott Snotling's entry (hihihih, more chances for me Tongue ). Let's rally in front of CDO headquarters to protest!!! Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-06-2010 11:00 AM

Yes it's lame voting for your own, but with only 3 votes I predict that we will se just a few (less than 5) entries, that will get 95% of all the votes - and then a huge part with no votes at all.

The 3 equally vote system don't seems fair with this many entries. I would have prefered a pointsystem with weights like: 1,2,3,4,5,6, 8, 10 and 12 points or something similar. And yes the Ishkur's and Snotling's might run away with all the 12s - but we would have had some kind of competition among the other top 5s.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Snotling - 03-06-2010 11:03 AM

Bassman Wrote:
Voting for themselves is soooo laaaame! Buuuh, let's boycott Snotling's entry (hihihih, more chances for me Tongue ). Let's rally in front of CDO headquarters to protest!!! Big Grin

hm yeah you are right, I deserve to be punished... for everyone who want to join the boykott, my entry is number 12 Tongue Wink
Just kiddin' it's not mine, what I mean with my post is, that I don't vote for my entry even if it's tempting when I consider all the great entrys... and of course it is lame to vote for the own mini, we are Chaosdwarfs, not Hobgoblins... Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Arashi - 03-06-2010 11:09 AM

Congrats to all the participants, all of them are awesome!

Sent my votes already, just hoping someone will vote for my entry Tongue Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Pyro Stick - 03-06-2010 11:16 AM

Some really cool entries there. Ill take a closer look later. Where did entry 26 come from? It looks like a really cool model and i might buy one.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Snotling - 03-06-2010 11:20 AM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
Where did entry 26 come from? It looks like a really cool model and i might buy one.

Isn't it obvious? Well, you have to wait till the voting thread is closed before you can be sure about the identities of the glorious hobbyists ^^

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Hashut's Blessing - 03-06-2010 11:40 AM

Excellent job to all! Very impressive work. Shame I couldn't get my entry done in time, but the competition was incredibly fierce anyhow Wink

Snotling: I think he means from which company Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Snotling - 03-06-2010 12:13 PM

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Snotling: I think he means from which company Big Grin

me too, it's a casted scratchbuild, isn't it? at least a part of it, because the face looks pretty similar to something I just saw in green in this forum ^^.
Pretty sad that you couldn't finish your sorcerer HB, but I hope we still can see a BC priest, soon Takes Hat off

Well, my votes were placed. I voted for one where I don't know who made him. I wonder who it was so I can tell him how cool his sorcerer is! ^^

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-06-2010 12:16 PM

Well, now it's time for me to vote on the best sorcerer model contest.

I won't vote on my own in case I suffer the wrath of Hashut!
Hope the contest is another sucess!

snotling Wrote:
Well, my votes were placed. I voted for one where I don't know who made him. I wonder who it was so I can tell him how cool his sorcerer is! ^^

Well, doesn't this statement apply to all of us? Excellent work everyone!

Tarrakk Blackhand.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-06-2010 12:50 PM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
Some really cool entries there. Ill take a closer look later. Where did entry 26 come from? It looks like a really cool model and i might buy one.

I think that ****** new his sculpt was totally awesome and had it casted Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - centauro enano - 03-06-2010 01:30 PM

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Sounds good that people want to model and earn money with your work.

... but wear the golden hat as a platform to publicize the figure seems unethical.

I have not worked in this gold hat, simply use a figure who had already cast, but woe to those who have worked hard on their figures and I think that deserves respect.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Bolg - 03-06-2010 03:14 PM

Did my voting, to bad 18 has been painted, that's such a brilliant model, it should be cast!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Grimstonefire - 03-06-2010 03:56 PM

26 was a smart play I must admit, but totally within the rules.  Bear in mind that WoH is not an advertising ezine, so whichever model wins it will only be presented as a 'winner', not a model for sale (if this is for sale, I don't know).  But that is the same for all the entries, no matter which company the base model was from.

I would be lying if I said the thought had not have crossed my mind as well, had I had the resources.

Ishkur didn't enter... (I could have added something cheeky on the end there, but I'm sure we all feel the same about that Wink).

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-06-2010 04:08 PM

Too bad Iskur didn't enter...we could have got 28 slaves! Big Grin - Joke!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Gar Shadowfame - 03-06-2010 04:15 PM

Best contest ever, lots of entries and plenty of them rly good, so good that after viewing all i have no favourite, what is weird of someone so oppinionated as me Tongue. rly good entries

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Ishkur Cinderhat - 03-06-2010 04:38 PM

clam Wrote:
And yes the Ishkur's and Snotling's might run away with all the 12s - but we would have had some kind of competition among the other top 5s.

Actually I didn't participate in this one.. did I? *checks again* No I didn't.

But I have a feeling that I might face a competitor on the "I own two Golden Hats" level soon. Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Revlid - 03-06-2010 05:35 PM

I like #20 a lot, but ended up not voting for it purely because it doesn't really look like a Sorcerer. More like a clockwerk immortal.

On another note, certain styles of modelling and painting have become apparent after so many Golden Hats - for example, Snotling's is clearly #18 (the shade of dull green used for the cloth, the doll motif, and the sharpness of the sculpting), while I'd place money on Grimstonefire's entry being #14 (the bracelet and head in particular give this one away). Tjub is obviously responsible for FEED ME #7 (crisp style of painting, distinctive hat and beard, colouration of lava), and I'm certain Pyromancer is the creator of #16 (model used, round+titled base, pose and painting style), while #15 is straight from Warplockmonkey (the sculpting style, the nose especially). I should know who did numbers 3, 8 and 19, but can't for the life of me conjure up their usernames.

I imagine whoever thought Ishkur had entered mistook #12 for his entry, as I almost did. However, it's even more stylised and old-skool than his dorfs normally are, and the style of painting is different (VERY crisp). I suspect it's Bassman's entry.

I wonder, can you guess which entry is mine, based off my previous entries? Tongue Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Loki - 03-06-2010 06:07 PM

Great turn out , best so far i think, will take some time to figure out who to vote for as so many good ones, well done every one Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Ogrob - 03-07-2010 05:21 AM

I haven't spent too much time trying to figure out who did what, but I'll say this: I know Revlid is wrong on at least one of guesses Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-07-2010 07:00 AM

I have Big Grin - think I know who did something like 18-20 of them. Think it's a funny side comp.

And can only agree with you that he is wrong - thought I would have liked if Mr. Revlid would kept his this to himself until after the voting - thats the hole idea to do this anonymous . We shouldn't influence the public opinion, you know Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Revlid - 03-07-2010 07:32 AM

clam Wrote:
And can only agree with you that he is wrong - thought I would have liked if Mr. Revlid would kept his this to himself until after the voting - thats the hole idea to do this anonymous . We shouldn't influence the public opinion, you know Big Grin

Hey, they're just guesses (one of which is already proven wrong). And CDO isn't exactly the sort of site where one expects to see a voting bloc forming. Tongue Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Zanko - 03-07-2010 08:26 AM

clam Wrote:
... thought I would have liked if Mr. Revlid would kept his this to himself until after the voting - thats the hole idea to do this anonymous . We shouldn't influence the public opinion, you know Big Grin

In general I agree with you clam but some entrys are too obvious, like Tjubs or Snotlings! Wink

Also mine is quite obvious - just take a look at my showcase thread! Big Grin

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-07-2010 09:24 AM

I think a lot of us (if not all) have some kind of signature that shows in our paintjobs, choise of model, base style or .... So might see/know them - some might not.

But the unwritten rule here is - that we keep it to ourselves until after the show. Or else, I see no point in keeping it a 'secret' - and have all the mystery while waiting for the big presentation. If it surposed to be known to 'the public' who did what - why not just make a thread for people to post their entry.

Now, be a good sport - and wait till voting has ended.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Grimstonefire - 03-07-2010 09:37 AM

If anyone wants to pm me a list of who they think did what, I will give you points out of 27 back. Happy

Please list them in number order though, as it would be much quicker to check.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Snotling - 03-07-2010 10:52 AM

I like the fact that so many painters have their signature, it give the miniatures a more personal character

...and everyone could have dolls... meh! Mad

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - cornixt - 03-07-2010 10:54 AM

One thing that is obvious from previous comps is that there are no clear forum favourites when it comes to style of models. I can guess a lot of the entries (one of which I was actually surprised to see) but there is always the chance that someone has been very influenced and sent in something that looks a lot like someone else's. You won't see another forum on the net that has such a wide variety of styles due to the lack of models.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Ishkur Cinderhat - 03-07-2010 12:06 PM

I find this particularly interesting because it makes the paint job less important as few people will paint their miniature in a totally different colour than what would fit into their army. Instead it makes the composition of the miniature and the whole first impression more important for the competition. This is eventually where our forum geniusses show their talents, by surprising me ever again with totally new and original ideas, albeit painted in well-known colour schemes.

And just so that you all know, in the next GH I will paint the base of my entry in a different colour to deceive you! Muahaha. Or not. Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Revlid - 03-07-2010 01:48 PM

cornixt Wrote:
One thing that is obvious from previous comps is that there are no clear forum favourites when it comes to style of models. I can guess a lot of the entries (one of which I was actually surprised to see) but there is always the chance that someone has been very influenced and sent in something that looks a lot like someone else's. You won't see another forum on the net that has such a wide variety of styles due to the lack of models.

Very true. The Warmachine comp was another great example of this. I think it's a large part of what keeps people coming back for each GH, just to be a part of it.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Thorne - 03-07-2010 02:03 PM

Nice work all who entered. Good luck to all I voted for and good luck me too Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Loki - 03-07-2010 04:32 PM

Have sent my votes in, best of luck to every one Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-07-2010 04:53 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
If anyone wants to pm me a list of who they think did what, I will give you points out of 27 back. Happy

Please list them in number order though, as it would be much quicker to check.

Now that would be like stealing sweets from small children - but it's you call - check your Inbox and then donate me my 25 slaves Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Grimstonefire - 03-07-2010 05:32 PM

24 points out of 27 for clam, can anyone beat that I wonder (other than staff)?  Remembering to pm me rather than post here. Wink

I doubt I could have named more than half.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Forgefire - 03-07-2010 05:42 PM

Damn i could only see 4 entries that i am absolutely sure who made them. Then again i am a relativly new member. And how many golden hats are there per year? one ?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Grimstonefire - 03-07-2010 06:42 PM

There are 3 golden hats and 3 artisans running alternately every 2 months, we have a full calendar here. Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Forgefire - 03-07-2010 06:47 PM

Thats encouraging to hear Grim Big Grin!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Khan! - 03-07-2010 07:25 PM

As cornixt noted, a nice cross section of styles.  Also a pleasant surprise to see the competition up since I had forgotten all about it.  As ever, there are 5 or 6 that I really like Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Willmark - 03-07-2010 08:17 PM

I've been looking at these for a while now and I still can't get it down to 3.

This is also interesting for me as it will be a bit before I enter another one as all my paints are now packed up as we will hopefully be moving in a few months to a bigger house.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Hazkar - 03-08-2010 01:21 PM

Congrats to all who made an entry
There are some really nice minis...was freaking hard to pick just three

imo the best golden hat ever

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Border Reiver - 03-08-2010 01:51 PM

So many good choices, I had a really hard time breaking it down to just three.  I even had Mrs. BR take a gander and see what her take on the matter was (we agreed on one, so that was definitely part of my vote).

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Canix - 03-08-2010 02:07 PM

Been looking at these for a while now over a couple of days.As usual its an excellent spread of ideas and talent well done to all who entered Takes Hat off
I eventually picked my favourite 3 forcing myself to choose Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Bolg - 03-08-2010 07:14 PM

In the end do we get to know how many votes all the enties get?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-09-2010 01:38 AM

Don't think so. At later GHs this has been a 'big secret' - but I do hope the will announce the run up's this time. With so many entries - perhaps we could have a 'top 5' or '10'.

But then again, with this kind of voting system you won't see many votes spread around. We usually see that a few entries (like 4 or 5) runs away with something llike 95% (if not more) of the votes. Might as well be the same this time.

But if you might like to know how many votes you own entry got and where you ended up - just go ask one of the mods.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Thorne - 03-09-2010 06:26 AM

I have no doubt that I will come a stunning last ! I havent voted for myself either shamefull self promotion does you no good in the end but darn that was hard! Well done all !

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Bolg - 03-09-2010 10:25 AM

Thanx Clam, thats good to know and yes I will most defiantly bug the mods about how many (if any) votes I got (:

[edit] And when do we find out what the new painting thiny is, I need a new deadline and some inspiration)[/edit]

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Ogrob - 03-09-2010 01:08 PM

I didn't vote for myself either, despite being rather happy with my entry. I still maintain some hope of not being dead last Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Xander - 03-09-2010 02:11 PM

Excellent entries everyone! Happy

We could make it a formal policy that if you want to know how many votes you got, you can PM a Staffer. That seems easy enough.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - kerbak - 03-10-2010 09:09 AM

Cheers! Congratulations to all,,, very good work
I cant send mine on time,, and due to earthquake was even harder,, but it wasnt bad i think as you all give me good ideas to work on my sorcerer Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-10-2010 09:49 AM

Xander Wrote:
We could make it a formal policy that if you want to know how many votes you got, you can PM a Staffer. That seems easy enough.

Better than nothing. Still, I would prefere if we could be all open about the result - like we used to be. It's hard to improve - if you have no idea on what level you are - and it would open up for a few grudge matchs within the competition. It's not all about winning, you know. But like said before, our voting system don't really support this anyway.

But when you have beaten the Ishkurs, the Snotlings, the Grims, The Bassmans, Tjubs and M3lvins - you know you are getting there - right Wink

@Kerbak
Glad to here that you are okay - some rough times for you guys right now.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Vexxus - 03-10-2010 11:54 AM

Amazing entries everyone!

Impressive, very impressive.

Truly amazing is that the community knows its not all about winning, and everyone strives to improve even amidst talent that has gone beyond a professional level, to new heights!

I commend everyone who entered, may you treat your slaves poorly!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-10-2010 11:59 AM

Vexxus Wrote:
everyone strives to improve even amidst talent that has gone beyond a professional level, to new heights!

I sure strived to do more with my paint job and building this time around. I learned a few new painting tricks, but sadly, the camera didn't capture them all to my liking.

I will say that thanX to CDO, I have improved emmensly since I first started conversion work on my BFSP set.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Bassman - 03-10-2010 01:59 PM

My votes are in!

Damn M3lvin, I will never win another Golden Hat because of you! Mad

.... you got my vote again.... Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Zanko - 03-10-2010 02:51 PM

Bassman Wrote:

Damn M3lvin, I will never win another Golden Hat because of you! Mad

I would like to have this serious problem! Tongue Wink

I haven't won any GH yet! Mad

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-10-2010 03:17 PM

Me either. Well, maybe this time?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - cornixt - 03-10-2010 05:19 PM

I had a quick look through, and there were probably only two entries that used the same base model for the conversion. Out of 27, that shows the sheer variety and scale of conversions work done by members of this site.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-10-2010 05:46 PM

How many more days until the voting ends and the results are posted?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Balseraph - 03-11-2010 06:27 AM

Whatever someone says, and whatever be the result of voting..
Each of us will be still in:

Top 27 Happy

It is an honour to participate in the Golden Hat and fight for victory in such good company Happy
And lose with such amazing figures of which are presented are not ashamed.

Shame is only - to vote for himself.

Takes Hat off

And following Tarrakk question:

Quote:
How many more days until the voting ends and the results are posted?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Thorne - 03-11-2010 07:01 AM

I still wouldnt mind knowing when and which order the entries ranked out of plain curriosity more bragging rigths and anything else .

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Willmark - 03-11-2010 08:07 AM

kerbak Wrote:
I cant send mine on time,, and due to earthquake was even harder,, but it wasnt bad i think as you all give me good ideas to work on my sorcerer Takes Hat off

Dude your sig is awesome have some slaves!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Zanko - 03-11-2010 12:28 PM

Balseraph Wrote:

Shame is only - to vote for himself.

Takes Hat off

Yep! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Willmark - 03-12-2010 08:15 AM

Remember voting ends at 11:59 EST tonight.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-12-2010 08:54 AM

Are we headed for a "Round #2" in voting, or is it more clear cut as to a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with just a few more votes needed to finalize it?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Willmark - 03-12-2010 11:13 AM

Last I looked there will not need to be a second round.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - kerbak - 03-12-2010 01:39 PM

Willmark Wrote:

kerbak Wrote:

Dude your sig is awesome have some slaves!

Well Thanks a lot,, but help me understand,, what is a SIG Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Bassman - 03-12-2010 01:46 PM

We are getting closer to results.... (starting to be agitated...) Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Zanko - 03-12-2010 01:52 PM

kerbak Wrote:
Well Thanks a lot,, but help me understand,, what is a SIG Wink

I would say SIG means "Signature" - so Willmark likes your signature! Cheers!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - kerbak - 03-12-2010 02:02 PM

oh,, Thanks alot Willmark Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-13-2010 04:13 AM

So, voting closed 3 hours ago - now how won? - my guess is Snotling - so congrats, Snot Takes Hat off - what an excelent preformance Big Grin

- but before this turns into the big celebration - could you guys please make it official? - fast?

And don't forget, we want to know at least the top 5 (if not 10)

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Bolg - 03-13-2010 06:31 AM

Congrats Snot! well deserved!

(tick tock, tick tock)

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Willmark - 03-13-2010 11:03 AM

Yep we now have to get them organized into our handy dandy count mechanism. In other words count the votes.

Hopefully by the end of the day we will have this task accomplished

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-13-2010 12:02 PM

Can't wait to see it!

What makes you all so sure Snotling won it?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-13-2010 12:25 PM

Lets say, I have a special nose for these things Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Bolg - 03-13-2010 12:28 PM

and Im just good at spotting great quality (:
I just wish he didint paint the dam model, now it cant be cast anymore and I want one for my army!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-13-2010 12:30 PM

Easy off oven cleaner and an old toothbrush will fix all paint problems! Big Grin

Also, if you can predict that Snotling won, hands down, could you also predict where my model stands? (Obviously not in 1st, IYHO) Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-13-2010 01:02 PM

Like mine - outside the the medals

I'll risk it all and say:

1st: Snotling
2nd: M3lvin
3th: Grimstonefire

Though my personal favorite is the one Grimstonefire did.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-13-2010 01:36 PM

How do you know who's who?

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-13-2010 01:43 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
24 points out of 27 for clam, can anyone beat that I wonder (other than staff)?  Remembering to pm me rather than post here. Wink

I doubt I could have named more than half.

Wink - told you I'm good at this. Only missed one - and then there is the two I really couldn't figure out.

But not that much of a secret anymore. Grim did #14, Snot #18 and M3lvin #26.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Balseraph - 03-13-2010 02:00 PM

clam Wrote:
Grim did #14, Snot #18 and M3lvin #26.

and what's next Clam, share your knowledge Happy
who is behind the other numbers?

I vote for 15, 18, 26 Happy
And this will be Top 3.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-13-2010 02:20 PM

Ahh you see that's where it's getting real interesting - but I guess we'll never know. We will probably just know who took the medals.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Zanko - 03-13-2010 02:21 PM

My favourites are also the entries 14, 18 and 26!

Imo the winning order will be:

1st: Snot
2nd: Grim
3rd: M3lvin

but that's my personal tip! Wink

I'm also curious if my entry got at least one vote ... Big Grin

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-13-2010 02:26 PM

Hope you are right, like said Grim is my overall favorite - and I'm a bit sad - that the only way I can show it - is by giving it a single vote. Would really like if could name 1st, 2nd and 3th instead of 3 equal votes.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Balseraph - 03-13-2010 02:30 PM

I hope we'll see a full list of results.....

I wonder if I got even one vote... I hope.
If not... I'm still in Top 27 Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - warh - 03-13-2010 02:31 PM

i think number #3 is cool and should be in top 3Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Balseraph - 03-13-2010 02:34 PM

clam Wrote:
Would really like if could name 1st, 2nd and 3th instead of 3 equal votes.

Although the best solution (imo) would be, if everyone could vote for each entry in the form of a certain number of points - for example, from 1 to 5.
Then everyone will have a points and everything would look different. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Zanko - 03-13-2010 02:37 PM

Or like the voting scheme for the Eurovision song contest: Wink

12 Points for the best, 11 points for the 2nd and so on!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-13-2010 02:45 PM

Zanko Wrote:
Or like the voting scheme for the Eurovision song contest: Wink

12 Points for the best, 11 points for the 2nd and so on!

Hashut!

Yeah, with this many ntries more votes would have been nice - and a chance to rank.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Snotling - 03-13-2010 05:00 PM

Hehe, you say I'll get the gold? Big Grin Well, I'm not sure about that, but I cannot sa that I wouldn't like it Takes Hat off
When you have so many entrys like you have in this GH, a more complex would be a good idea but three equal vote are faster to make and to count

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-13-2010 05:05 PM

I am Big Grin

Already spend 15 hours counting - I can see what you are saying - lol

- but I'm pretty sure that my excel software could handle such a 'complex' setting.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Willmark - 03-13-2010 05:05 PM

Well I'm working on them now guys and I'll hopefully have them done tonight.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-13-2010 05:20 PM

Well hopefully someone liked my model. I put a lot of effort into it.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Willmark - 03-13-2010 07:26 PM

clam Wrote:
I am Big Grin

Already spend 15 hours counting - I can see what you are saying - lol

- but I'm pretty sure that my excel software could handle such a 'complex' setting.

Considering that sometimes yes the Staffers do have lives... Needless to say I've been working on it in bits and pieces today.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-13-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:
the Staffers do have lives

You're only kidding, right? Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Willmark - 03-13-2010 09:06 PM

Well all I can say it is a lot closer then I thought, looks like we will need to wait until tomorrow as we will need a double and triple check for 1st and 2nd... yeah its that close.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Snotling - 03-13-2010 09:39 PM

that close? oh dude, this is thrilling! ^^

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-14-2010 02:57 AM

That comes as a surprise - maybe we'll have some kind excitement after all. Might et even be a draw - uhu! second round voting.

Willmark Wrote:
Considering that sometimes yes the Staffers do have lives... Needless to say I've been working on it in bits and pieces today.

You do?? That comes as a surprise, too Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-14-2010 04:14 AM

Roll a dice. all things are settled on a 6.

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Hashut's Blessing - 03-14-2010 06:21 AM

I counted them up for the podcast, which is in the process of editing, but it may be best for me to wait until the official statement, just to make sure Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - clam - 03-14-2010 07:10 AM

I would be a bid odd if you announed a different winner in the podcast - lol

Looking forward to hear the non-xander podcast version. I'll look out for it in iTunes then Wink

RE: Golden Hat #11 - Voting! - Hashut's Blessing - 03-14-2010 05:43 PM

Well, it was correct, but I've not finished editing and could have changed it anyhow Wink In fact, I am currently editing now Wink

As for iTunes, I'm likely to have to get help with uploading it, but it shall be completed before the week is out!