CDO Forums
Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses (/showthread.php?tid=7631)

Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 05-19-2010 12:03 PM

Welcome to the 12th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

Subject Matter
Create 5 Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses.  No command models are allowed.

Basing
For this one it would be easier to say the models have to be on game-legal 20x20mm bases.

Particulars
Due Date: 11:59 PM June 30th 2010 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Subject Matter:  Create 5 Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses

What is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM June 30th 2010 (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 6 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, I "highly advise" that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

NEW FOR CDO:  Competition Veteran medals!
One of the great things about Golden Hat and the Artisans Contest is the way they they both draw so much participation from all our members. We can't all have the skills of Snotling or M3lvin, but lots of entries helps make every contest that bit more special.

For this reason we're introducing a special medal for those of you who've shown amazing commitment to the competitions. The Competition Veteran medals will recognise those who've gone the extra mile and entered many cool entries into either Golden Hat, the Artisan's Contest or both. There will be gold, silver and bronze medals as usual but beware - these medals (like all our medals) take a lot of earning. Even if you don't win a Golden Hat or Cog, there's now a goal for everyone. So what are you waiting for? - get cracking!

Medals will be awarded retrospectively for entries to date, where applicable.
- A Gold Veteran Medal winner will receive a free (excludes p&p) exclusive model from Baggronor!  Awesome!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Xander - 05-19-2010 12:40 PM

Sweet.  Finally have some motivation to make my own BBs!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 05-19-2010 12:47 PM

Xander Wrote:
Sweet.  Finally have some motivation to make my own BBs!

And motivation to finish mine!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Zanko - 05-19-2010 12:50 PM

I finished my BB unit some weeks ago ... Mad   Bad timing!

Now I have to think which BB models I could use or which ones I could convert! Unsure

Hope I will get a good idea! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 05-19-2010 02:11 PM

Motivation to finish mine for sure.  I'm actually going to try and get these done in the next week!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 05-19-2010 02:35 PM

Cool, glad to see regular units are back.

And - like usual - a question:

Could it be proxies? I mean, could they be armed with crossbows - for those that play their CDs as regular dwarfs?

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Swissdictator - 05-19-2010 02:44 PM

Question: I have some sculpted Blunderbuss so.sad made for me a while back. Can I enter them on my painting skill... or would that be unfair?

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 05-19-2010 02:57 PM

@Clam
I'd just stick to thunderers.  They will be better in 8th anyway Wink

@Swissdictator
Not sure on that one, I'll ask my fellow staffers.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Bassman - 05-19-2010 03:01 PM

Cool a new Golden Hat is coming!
A great competition: blunderbusses! Unfortunately I will not be in this time. I already have two units of them and do not really need any more. More urgent stuff is waiting for my conversion tools and my brushes.
However I will keep my eyes on this competition.
Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Thorne - 05-19-2010 03:37 PM

Awesome ! I'll try something cool now !

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 05-19-2010 03:50 PM

Only a classic Blunderbuss then .. !!?? - hmm! - think thats okay with me - as I need to paint some blunderbusses

- but I am a bit sorry to see that GH is this restricted. Just choosing a single standard CD warrior upgrade is really not 'my cup of tea'. Could cause that we see significant less entries for this one, I fear :-/

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 05-19-2010 05:41 PM

Well, I think it depends on how you look at it.  Sure, by using RH it's only warriors with blunderbusses, but I know for instance that my ones probably won't be armed with a 'traditional' CD blunderbuss.

You could do an elite unit with some sort of daemon cannon each, or ones with bionic arms etc.  There are options other than just giving them a standard gun, it just takes a bit more imagination.  You probably could even make robot CD's with blunderbusses.

Basically as long as they have some sort of black powder type missile weapon I'm sure people will think they'd be fine as 'counts as' models.  We won't be that strict that we turn down entries because they don't have an actual blunderbuss like the classic models.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 05-19-2010 06:00 PM

Well ive been looking forward to this one for a long time so im definately going to enter. Hopefully ill get started tomorrow.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Mario - 05-19-2010 06:34 PM

Does create mean i can just paint up 5 old metal ones i got here and enter them, or do i have to convert/build them?
And can i add the one i recently painted to the 5 ones or must i do a new one.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - m3lvin - 05-19-2010 06:51 PM

This theme was perfectly timed for me, blunderbusses are one of the few unit types I haven't converted yet for my army.
Maybe this could be an opportunity to start up with my CDs again, since the production has run a little slow the last months.

Although it can be hard to find time to make these, since I have another army I must finish during june for an upcoming convent.

We'll just see if I get the time to make an entry. It's indeed tempting. Cheers!

/melv

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - GRNDL - 05-19-2010 07:19 PM

This gets a pretty big "meh" from me.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - cornixt - 05-19-2010 07:23 PM

You don't have to convert them, you can just use regular models. Just because they are rank and file it doesn't mean you can't do something a bit different with them.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Swissdictator - 05-19-2010 08:12 PM

Well if I get a green light for the guys I have sitting around, I'm in. I'm personally excited.

Besides, as has been said, you can make some really cool looking gizmo or few on them. Be it the blunderbuss it self, or a ranging device...

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Da Crusha - 05-19-2010 08:13 PM

I paint all of my blunderbuss' exactly the same, my Golden hat entry is bound to look exactly like my already painted units....

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - tjub - 05-19-2010 11:59 PM

Cool, Ive just finished converting some CD among them 15 Blunderbusses. Lucky me! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - G.2 - 05-20-2010 12:28 AM

I have a few ideas in my head. And I suppose this is a good way to start sculpting. I am expecting to be really bad at it ... ha ha ha, but it should be fun. I am now off to buy some 'green-stuff'.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - furrie - 05-20-2010 01:53 AM

Luckly I have a have converted unit BBs already, so I just need to finish them and start painting.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 05-20-2010 02:17 AM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
Well, I think it depends on how you look at it.  Sure, by using RH it's only warriors with blunderbusses, but I know for instance that my ones probably won't be armed with a 'traditional' CD blunderbuss.

You could do an elite unit with some sort of daemon cannon each, or ones with bionic arms etc.  There are options other than just giving them a standard gun, it just takes a bit more imagination.  You probably could even make robot CD's with blunderbusses.

Nope Big Grin

- unless Sjoerdo sculpt me one very quickly Wink

My challange would be, as I only do classic old school models - that there is no such thing as a blunderbuss in the old 3rd ed range - only crossbowmen - but a challange I'm ready to pick up Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Thommy H - 05-20-2010 02:50 AM

GRNDL Wrote:
This gets a pretty big "meh" from me.

Don't enter then.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - warh - 05-20-2010 09:14 AM

this will be a challange for me,
as i want to skulpt them from scratch Wink

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 05-20-2010 11:20 AM

@Swiss
Seeing as other people may ask it, I'll answer your question here:

You may enter those, but we will put a note on the picture that the miniatures were supplied by someone else.  It probably won't put off anyone voting for you minis, but it's the fair way to do it.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Thommy H - 05-20-2010 11:51 AM

In an instance of another member doing the sculpting, it would seem fair for them to share any resulting medals.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Mario - 05-20-2010 11:58 AM

I started my first one, lots of greenstuffing to do Happy

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Fequiil - 05-20-2010 12:36 PM

My first Golden Hat!
ohh, i'm so ecxited!
i'm going to try to enter aswell ofcourse...

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Tarrakk Blackhand - 05-20-2010 12:42 PM

YEAH! BLUNDERBUSS!

I have a LOT of these guys finished already. Maybe I should do some GS ones though. They always seem to win out.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Loki - 05-20-2010 04:04 PM

Looking forward to seeing all of the entrys for this, i wont be taking part to busy paint walls in my new house but really looking forward to seeing what every one comes up with. Best of luck every one Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 05-21-2010 04:41 AM

What?? Loki, you are kidding right? The man that can paint a Kollosus on a Sunday afternoon - can't find the time to do 5 little guys in 6 weeks. You must be joking - lol Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - maelzch - 05-21-2010 07:40 AM

I'll try to get something done, but I'm not making any promises!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - superfella - 05-21-2010 08:25 AM

ooh, i can enter this one!

yey!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Ogrob - 05-21-2010 09:16 AM

Looking forward to seeing the entires, but I don't think I'll be able to make anything.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 05-21-2010 11:52 AM

Ogrob Wrote:
Looking forward to seeing the entires.

I agree with you Ogrob, I'm very interested to see what the usual suspects come up with but I'm also intimidated... it's likely to be so mind-blowingly awexome that I'll want to smash my BB units and paint brushes. Then I'll have to go whip my slaves until my arms go limp, and then kick them until I can't move my legs... then I'll just steamroller over them a few times until I throw up in disgust.  After all that I'll then come back and look at the BB eye candy again and it'll be OK.

~N

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Baggronor - 05-21-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:
I'll want to smash my BB units and paint brushes. Then I'll have to go whip my slaves until my arms go limp, and then kick them until I can't move my legs... then I'll just steamroller over them a few times until I throw up in disgust.  After all that I'll then come back and look at the BB eye candy again and it'll be OK.

That's very specific Happy

I might enter, if I have time. Which I doubt.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 05-21-2010 05:41 PM

@Thommy
I think would be even more fair would be for people to either enter 'officially' in collaboration, or for the person who sculpted the models to paint them themselves and enter seperately (presuming they were cast).

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Thommy H - 05-22-2010 03:25 AM

Well yeah, that's kind of what I meant.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Zanko - 05-22-2010 03:59 AM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
@Thommy
I think would be even more fair would be for people to either enter 'officially' in collaboration, or for the person who sculpted the models to paint them themselves and enter seperately (presuming they were cast).

I always thought that the GH was a painting contest and not a modeling contest!

If it is not so I presume the GW modeler also gets a medal!

Imo this discussion is not useful and unnecessary.

It has the consequence that I can make a slight conversion and one of our experianced painters can paint it - and then both will get a medal!
That cannot be your intention (I hope)!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Thommy H - 05-22-2010 04:16 AM

It's both. It's always been both. Why do we have to have this debate every single time? Just like Golden Demon, it's a contest to produce the best miniature, with all that that entails. It's just that I don't believe we've ever had a situation in which one person did the converting and the other the painting. Although didn't Xander and Vexxus win together once? With that Sorcerer?

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Zanko - 05-22-2010 04:22 AM

Thommy H Wrote:
Although didn't Xander and Vexxus win together once? With that Sorcerer?

Did they? I don't know - I'm not as long a member of CDO as you! Wink

But nonetheless my opinion is that only one participant should get a medal!

But that's only my minor opinion and I wouldn't want to make a big discussion on this topic - the staff will decide and good!

I just wanted to present my position! Big Grin

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Thommy H - 05-22-2010 04:28 AM

I was thinking of Warplock Monkey's entry for the Sorcerer contest actually - Xander and Vexxus did some art based on it afterwards.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Willmark - 05-22-2010 08:18 AM

Xander did the art himself. It was the cover for Issue #3 of the Word of Hashut for those not in the know.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Ellimist - 05-24-2010 06:21 AM

I was picking out my miniatures from the cupboard to put them up for sale as I haven't played or done any work on them since late 2007. I just couldn't do it though, and now there's already have my old Hellcannon half painted on my desk :/

Might as well give this a go while I'm on the buzz I suppose.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 05-24-2010 08:58 AM

Oh, of course only 1 person can get a medal if the entry wins.  The person who submits the links.  If they want to 'officially' let it be known that someone else sculpted the model(s) they ended up painting I don't think it should be a problem.

It would be no different to me paying someone to sculpt models I later painted.  It's actually been an unsaid understanding between us that people would create what they entered, but I wouldn't see it as a problem if people did a collaborative effort.  As long as the person entering it did at least half the work so they weren't just stealing the glory.

The main point is that (as Thommy says) it's the overall effect that is important.  If someone can do an awesome paint job on an unconverted model (from any company) it will no doubt do well.  Likewise if someone does an average paint job on an awesomely converted model it will probably do well.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Willmark - 05-24-2010 10:58 AM

I will be out for this one in lieu of allmy painting stuff packed up for a move that might not happen until next spring Sad

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Ishkur Cinderhat - 05-24-2010 04:31 PM

Aw well.. I have a fully painted unit of 15 of these guys, can't think of any reason to make 5 more that look much different.
And entering 5 new models that are sculpted to fit with the existing models doesn't sound all too original either. Another GH without me, then *sob* Sad

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Willmark - 05-24-2010 07:28 PM

Ellimist Wrote:
I was picking out my miniatures from the cupboard to put them up for sale as I haven't played or done any work on them since late 2007. I just couldn't do it though, and now there's already have my old Hellcannon half painted on my desk :/

Might as well give this a go while I'm on the buzz I suppose.

Glad to see you back on the site Ellimist!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Ronshank - 05-24-2010 11:54 PM

Well I don't care if mine are a bit dodgy I will be entering (i'll have to actually get painting this time) it will be up there for those of us new to the conversion thing to see how easy you can make them and how well they can turn out (I admitt mine will look pretty bad without their kick butt command)

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Xander - 05-25-2010 04:09 PM

Vexxus' entry that won bronze was this:

I didn't help an ounce with this.  The sorcerer ThommyH remembers can be found here:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/mordheim1.php

To my recollection, that wasn't ever entered as a contest entry for anything.  The entire warband was featured at Border Town Burning, though, to which both of us are credited.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Thommy H - 05-25-2010 04:14 PM

I was thinking of the Sorcerer Warplock Monkey made that was later turned into artwork by you, Xander. I obviously thought you had a hand in the original model, but remembered someone else also being involved, and then that you and Vexxus are collaborators, so that's how I came to the conclusion that a model you and Vexxus had nothing to do with was (partially) your creation.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Xander - 05-25-2010 05:04 PM

Right right.

Hopefully what I posted helped clear up a bit of the confusion, anyhow.

I just really liked Warplock's entry.  It inspired me to paint a cover, which I had been intending to do.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Vexxus - 05-26-2010 08:49 AM

Collaborators!  Read: Brothers.

Sometimes I chuckle at the way you craftily word things ThommyH!

For everyone who wasn't in the loop of this mangled complication, here is all you need too know:

1. Xander and Vexxus work together on models sometimes because Xander is superior at greenstuff, and thinks that Vexxus is better at painting (debatable).

2. Nothing worked on together has ever been entered into competition.

3. The Cover art sorcerer that Xander drew was inspired by a model created entirely by Warplock Monkey which WAS in a contest.

4. The Sorcerer co-created by Xander and Vexxus, and painted by Vexxus, was never submitted to competition, but WAS included in Border Town Burning's feature pics of the Black Dwarfs Mordheim band (which incidentally also included a blunderbusser made by Xander painted by Vexxus).

5. ThommyH is sneaky!

And there you have it...

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Thommy H - 05-26-2010 10:10 AM

I genuinelly had no idea you were brothers...

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Xander - 05-26-2010 10:11 AM

...and a Bull Centaur and Warrior too (for the Warband). Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - cornixt - 05-26-2010 02:24 PM

You know, for a while I used to get Vexxus and Sojourn mixed up - so I thought Vexxus was also a girl.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 05-27-2010 12:12 AM

cornixt Wrote:
You know, for a while I used to get Vexxus and Sojourn mixed up - so I thought Vexxus was also a girl.

Way to kill the conversation cornixt!  Respect to the Mask!   Tongue Wink

With regards to the rules, I'm seeking a clarification (or at least some input).

Quote:
Subject Matter

OK, I understand both.  Can't get much clearer.

If, in the process of creating the models, one was to over-emphasize one model or some aspects of one model, but not intend that model to be a member of a command group, do we still run the risk of public perception interpreting or viewing that unit as a command model?

I think it's easy enough to not make a model that's bearing a standard DUH...  dead  ... but what if someone were to look at it and say, "Hey, foul! That looks like a Champion." or "What the heck is he carrying? Musicians aren't allowed", even though the original intent wasn't to be making champions or musicians... or what ever.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this?  Is anyone really going to care or get their shirt in a twist?  Just for the record - I for one will get my shirt in a twist when I look at all of the other amazing entries and then want to snap my paint brushes and hang up my artisan/creative hat.

~N

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 05-27-2010 12:49 PM

Ive slipped a disk in my spine so im not going to be able to paint for a while. Hopefully ill recover before the deadline as i had made good progress before i screwed my back up.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 05-27-2010 01:33 PM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
Ive slipped a disk in my spine so im not going to be able to paint for a while. Hopefully ill recover before the deadline as i had made good progress before i screwed my back up.

I see my plans for eliminating the competition are going along exactly as planned Happy

Sorry to hear about your back... is there an interesting story attached, such as uber-hardcore conversions and painting which led to your predicament?  Shock

~N

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Ishkur Cinderhat - 05-27-2010 01:36 PM

Jeez that sound terrible, Pyro! Get well soon! Good to see you can still go online and visit the site, though. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 05-27-2010 05:05 PM

NIcodemus Wrote:
Sorry to hear about your back... is there an interesting story attached, such as uber-hardcore conversions and painting which led to your predicament? 

Nothing interesting really. Just too much heavy lifting. I dont know how long it will take to heal itself (all i can do is take painkillers) but if it gets too close to the deadline im just going to paint through the pain lol.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 05-27-2010 05:36 PM

NIcodemus Wrote:
Is there an interesting story attached, such as uber-hardcore conversions and painting which led to your predicament?  Shock

That made me laugh.  What kind of uber hardcore conversions could people slip a disk on I wonder? Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 05-27-2010 06:00 PM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
I dont know how long it will take to heal itself (all i can do is take painkillers) but if it gets too close to the deadline im just going to paint through the pain

Awesome.  Seriously, awesome.  If you have to do that... not that it would be a good thing... but could you photo document yourself painting while in agonizing pain?

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Mario - 05-28-2010 05:45 AM

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Nothing interesting really. Just too much heavy lifting. I dont know how long it will take to heal itself (all i can do is take painkillers) but if it gets too close to the deadline im just going to paint through the pain lol.

Get well soon then, i feel your pain. My backs out every now and then, too, sadly. Do you know whats wrong with it? Mines slipping ligament in the lower back which can easily be fixed by a chiropractor.

Well, back on Topic, i have started the conversion! Respect to the Hat!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Baggronor - 05-28-2010 05:50 AM

Quote:
What kind of uber hardcore conversions could people slip a disk on I wonder?

I feel sure I will attempt something that qualifies one day...

Hope it gets better soon Pyro.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 05-28-2010 06:00 AM

Mario Wrote:

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Get well soon then, i feel your pain. My backs out every now and then, too, sadly. Do you know whats wrong with it? Mines slipping ligament in the lower back which can easily be fixed by a chiropractor.

Its either a slipped or split disk in my lower back. It doesnt really matter which it is because they might as well be the same thing. Basically a disk in my spine is pushing against a nerve now and its really painful to move it. All i can do is wait for it to fix itself. Diagram of Slipped Disk

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 05-28-2010 01:11 PM

At the risk of appearing rude, I'm going to reiterate my earlier post:

Quote:
Subject Matter

If, in the process of creating the group, one was to over-emphasize one model or some aspects of one model, but not intend that model to be a member of a command group, do we still run the risk of public perception interpreting or viewing that unit as a command model - like a champion?

~N

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Ellimist - 05-29-2010 02:52 AM

NIcodemus Wrote:
At the risk of appearing rude, I'm going to reiterate my earlier post:

Quote:
Subject Matter

If, in the process of creating the group, one was to over-emphasize one model or some aspects of one model, but not intend that model to be a member of a command group, do we still run the risk of public perception interpreting or viewing that unit as a command model - like a champion?

~N

I think as long as it's not hugely over-the-top, like putting it on a higher level or a hat that's twice as big, none of the competitors are uptight enough to care. What matters is that the unit as a whole looks amazing!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 05-29-2010 05:35 AM

Ellimist Wrote:
I think as long as it's not hugely over-the-top, like putting it on a higher level

I was actually going to do something like that but it isnt intended to look as if that one model is a champion. Its going to be a standard model like the rest in the row but because it doesnt have a tab i was going to put it on one of these bases: lava base . All the other models in the row will have bases painted to look the same, but one will just be a few mm higher than the rest.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - warh - 05-29-2010 09:09 AM

I dont think that putting a model on a higher base makes it a champion,
but some thing that makes it sitck out from the other models like a other gun or a bigger hat.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - cornixt - 05-29-2010 09:34 AM

"Everyone is an individual, except me"

I'm sure it would be fine.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Mahtipakarat - 05-29-2010 02:15 PM

Yay new golden hat! and perfect theme for it.. I'm planning on adding 5+ blunderbusiers to my army so I think I can get the motivation for it from this competition.

And I really like Blunderbussiers I hope to see many people participate on this GH so we can have a sea of Chaos dwarf goodies.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Skink - 06-05-2010 07:02 AM

Another Golden Hat, woo-hooo!!! This time I will partecipate Happy. Actually, being this a miniature painting competition why command groups aren't allowed? I mean, that will be a nice way for a modeller 2 show his/her skills and inventive. This is not meant to be a critic of course, I was just asking myseld this questionTakes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Anonymouse - 06-05-2010 07:14 AM

cornixt Wrote:
"Everyone is an individual, except me"

I'm sure it would be fine.

"Yes, we're ALL individuals." :p

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Bassman - 06-05-2010 08:30 AM

Good question Skink, why not command?

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Mahtipakarat - 06-05-2010 09:02 AM

In my opinion it's good that command groups are not allowed. Everyone is on the same starting point and you have to use even more skill to create unique/impressive looking standard troops. I find that usually the command group is the focal point in most units and standard rank and file troopers are usually a lot less impressive and sort of 'faceless' if you know what I mean. So let your imagination run free and try to add that extra touch to make amazing models, Good luck to everyone!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 06-05-2010 09:46 AM

Not including command groups leaves that open as a theme for another golden hat.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Willmark - 06-05-2010 01:37 PM

Plus it levels the playing field because you have base models to judge, not someone's standard, champion or musician.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Da Crusha - 06-05-2010 05:17 PM

sorry to hear about your back pyro, thats gotta suck.

I would've preferred to have to create a character with a blunderbuss that way we could work on our hailfire gun conversions. regular blunderbuss without command is too restricting IMO. like I said earlier I paint all my blunderbuss the same and my GH entry is likely to look exactly the same.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 06-06-2010 07:16 AM

Da Crusha Wrote:
sorry to hear about your back pyro, thats gotta suck.

The inflamation was what really crippled me but i got some heavy duty anti-inflamatories and it feels much better. Im just waiting on some new washed to arrive then im going to get painting.

Da Crusha Wrote:
I would've preferred to have to create a character with a blunderbuss that way we could work on our hailfire gun conversions. regular blunderbuss without command is too restricting IMO. like I said earlier I paint all my blunderbuss the same and my GH entry is likely to look exactly the same.

I think a single blunderbuss character would have been wayy to constricting. For those of us that only have original models we would only have been able to bling up the base a bit and we would have no chance of doing well in the competition at all. If there was a command group included then it would have been all about the command and no one would pay attention to the other 2 models needed to build up the rank. This way command group is avaialable for another competition.

I also paint all my blunderbuss the same way but since all the models are different they arent going to look exactly the same. Theres loads of different poses and hats to choose from if you are using original models and you can do whatever you want to each individual base so i think this competiton is more open that people might originally think.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 06-06-2010 02:58 PM

Like Pyro, I think it's a good thing that we keep the command group out of this. It could easily be turned into 'another' standard bearer comp. But I can't really see the problem, you could easily put a commander in you unit, as long as you arm him appropriately. If he has something that comes to the definition of 'blunderbuss' and is on a 20mm base - no one can/will rule him out.

And a question - slightly off-topic - does anyone really use a command group in there BB-units? I think it's a waste of points really. So, to me it make perfect sense. A GH for 5 hard core troopers - just what we need after war machines, open cat. and sorcerer. Back to basics Wink

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Da Crusha - 06-06-2010 07:02 PM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
I think a single blunderbuss character would have been wayy to constricting. For those of us that only have original models we would only have been able to bling up the base a bit and we would have no chance of doing well in the competition at all.

Oh Yeah I didn't think of this.

clam Wrote:
does anyone really use a command group in there BB-units? I think it's a waste of points really.

actually now that I think of it, I only use a musician in a blunderbuss unit.

well I think Ill try my hand at converting some plastic dwarfs for this competition then. Itll be fun hopefully it wont take long since Im pretty busy working on my bull centaur unit right now for the tournament this weekend.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 06-09-2010 03:16 PM

I've assembled about 3 and a half now. Unsure But on the plus side I've painted about 10 clanrats since this was annouced!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 06-09-2010 03:50 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
I've assembled about 3 and a half now. Unsure But on the plus side I've painted about 10 clanrats since this was annouced!

I'm falling further behind... I haven't made any progress on mine in ~2 weeks. I got distracted with my 10th unit of Warriors and worked on those instead. After today we're away on vacation for the next 9 days... the deadline is closer in terms of available working hours than I'd like!!  Sick

~N

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - warh - 06-09-2010 03:56 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:

only got two finished sculpted Angry

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 06-10-2010 07:12 AM

NIcodemus Wrote:
I'm falling further behind... I haven't made any progress on mine in ~2 weeks. I got distracted with my 10th unit of Warriors and worked on those instead. After today we're away on vacation for the next 9 days... the deadline is closer in terms of available working hours than I'd like!!  Sick

~N

Know excatly how you feel. Haven't done anything in weeks. First my back was killing my hobby, but now that it's way getting better, I always find myself watching Doctor Who (have bought series 1-3, now) - instead of painting (when I finally have that personal free hour, that family life allows you to have- maybe I should try combine painting and watching TV ..??!!).

- and now, the upcomming World Cup .... that isn't helpfull eighter.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Zanko - 06-10-2010 11:46 AM

I couldn't participate this time! Sad

I had two main problems: 1st time and 2nd no unpainted blunderbuss models!

But next time I could hopefully again attend at the GH!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 06-11-2010 07:14 AM

Sorry to hear that, Zanko - so promoting true old school Chaos Dwarfs is just up to me then, that's sad Sad - or are you in DaCrusha?

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Zanko - 06-11-2010 11:42 AM

clam Wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Zanko - so promoting true old school Chaos Dwarfs is just up to me then, that's sad Sad - or are you in DaCrusha?

I'm sure you will present great and worthy Chaos Dwarfs! Takes Hat off

You are a much better sculptor and painter compared to me - so imo you will manage that task in a very smooth and brilliant way! Cheers!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - dncswlf - 06-11-2010 11:48 AM

clam Wrote:

Hey Hey now, I've got a few kicking around.. I'm just trying to squeak out the time!!!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 06-11-2010 12:56 PM

Ups, sorry Rolleyes

Thought you were busy painting Confrontation dwarfs Wink

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Tarrakk Blackhand - 06-12-2010 12:37 PM

@ Zanko and Pyro - Hope you guys are doing Ok.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Obsidian - 06-15-2010 09:58 AM

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 06-17-2010 11:41 AM

Ive had some pretty life altering stuff happen recently so hopefully i can get my models done. i finally got the paint i ordered so its just a matter of sitting down and finishing them off. But ive honestly lost all passion for it right now. Ive just got out of a 5 year relationship and its going to take a while to get over it.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 06-17-2010 04:08 PM

So sorry to hear, my friend. Always hard breaking up with a good friend or the love of your life. Sometime, life really sucks Sad

Take care, old friend and  I wish you all the best.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Gar Shadowfame - 06-19-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:
maybe I should try combine painting and watching TV

I do that all the time.
I hope i will finish my models for this competition, especialy since i am quite a moody painter and if i dont have a feel to paint, and to paint a specyfic model, i dont.

Btw We've had a lot of chaos dwarfs as topic for GH, how about slaves, did we have greenskin units for GH?

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 06-19-2010 02:06 PM

We had 5 slaves a long while back, and a hobgobbo hero.  Maybe this is something to consider.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Arashi - 06-20-2010 09:54 AM

My entry is sent now. Hope it gets more votes then my previous tries Tongue Wink

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 06-20-2010 12:40 PM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
But ive honestly lost all passion for it right now. Ive just got out of a 5 year relationship ...

Focus on your passions and hobbies man... force yourself to do it, maybe watch LOTR while you're painting, etc. It'll help take your mind off other things a little.

Arashi Wrote:
My entry is sent now.

Brutal!!  I'm so far behind... just got back from a week's vacation and before that I hadn't touched my models for the contest in ~10 days, so it's time to kick this project into high gear if I want to get it finished and painted in time!!

~N

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 06-21-2010 05:04 AM

clam Wrote:
So sorry to hear, my friend. Always hard breaking up with a good friend or the love of your life. Sometime, life really sucks Sad

Take care, old friend and  I wish you all the best.

NIcodemus Wrote:
Focus on your passions and hobbies man... force yourself to do it, maybe watch LOTR while you're painting, etc. It'll help take your mind off other things a little.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Luckily my entry was almost complete so i dont have that much to do and the washes make it so much easier for me to paint, but i changed my mind about a model a few days ago so ive had to paint up a new one. My rank would have looked a bit weird the way it was so i had to change one model for one with a different pose. Im using music at the moment to take my mind of things but ill give watching LOTR a go as well. Maybe ill try watch all 3 in one day and finish my entry at the same time.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - warh - 06-22-2010 07:23 PM

Question:  must all the models be in all four pictures?

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 06-23-2010 02:49 AM

warh Wrote:

No, they dont all have to be in every picture.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - warh - 06-23-2010 04:11 AM

Pyro Stick Wrote:

warh Wrote:

No, they dont all have to be in every picture.

thanks!
now i have some painting to dodead

EDIT: Finnished painting now, should have my entery submited later today.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 06-23-2010 12:00 PM

warh Wrote:

Sheesh!! This reminds me of the days writing university exams and watching the first couple of people, who you know are good, hand in their exam well before anyone else... meanwhile I'm still sitting with my head doing thinking "What the heck am I doing?!?! Am I even going to be able to finish before the time's up?".  In this case there's no partial marks for incomplete work... so... yikes. Just yikes. This is what I get for going on vacation for a week, making my 10th unit of Warriors and doing "work" work instead of my Blunderbusses.

~N

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - warh - 06-23-2010 01:06 PM

NIcodemus Wrote:

warh Wrote:

Sheesh!! This reminds me of the days writing university exams and watching the first couple of people, who you know are good, hand in their exam well before anyone else... meanwhile I'm still sitting with my head doing thinking "What the heck am I doing?!?! Am I even going to be able to finish before the time's up?".  In this case there's no partial marks for incomplete work... so... yikes. Just yikes. This is what I get for going on vacation for a week, making my 10th unit of Warriors and doing "work" work instead of my Blunderbusses.

~N

well, I've ben working hard sculpting the models since I first heard about this GHBig Grin also my deadline was today becouse I can not work the last six days.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Ellimist - 06-26-2010 10:01 PM

Well mine are mostly all sculpted, I'll be pushing it to get them painted though...

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - vulcanologist - 06-26-2010 10:09 PM

My BB's are finished! They're my 1st ever chaos dwarfs & my 1st ever attempt at converting anything.. Check them out in my army blog "1st attempts" & let me know what you think!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Alfract - 06-26-2010 11:40 PM

vulcanologist Wrote:
My BB's are finished! They're my 1st ever chaos dwarfs & my 1st ever attempt at converting anything.. Check them out in my army blog "1st attempts" & let me know what you think!

if they are the ones that you intend to enter in the contest, it is advised that those pictures are removed from your blog ( as is against the rules to show them before the judging of the contest)

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - vulcanologist - 06-27-2010 02:40 AM

Oh sorry I did'nt realise, i never saw that anywhere...oh well at least it gave me the impetus to make a start on my army! I'll remember next time. good luck in the competition everyone!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Alfract - 06-27-2010 03:51 AM

vulcanologist Wrote:
Oh sorry I did'nt realise, i never saw that anywhere...oh well at least it gave me the impetus to make a start on my army! I'll remember next time. good luck in the competition everyone!

just make 5 more and everything will be okay

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Mahtipakarat - 06-29-2010 07:37 AM

AAArgh! it's almost deadline... And I haven't even started painting yet :/. well I guess have to skip this one as well. I just wish I could get some more time to actually paint something, at least something other than commission works.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Baggronor - 06-29-2010 08:06 AM

Once again, I have failed utterly to complete anything on time. I will be making some BBs anyway though.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Alfract - 06-29-2010 08:19 AM

wasn't able to make this one was well, uni proved to be too much of a strain this time round.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 06-29-2010 12:53 PM

This one is going to be down to the wire for me... still a lot of painting to do and unfortunately this time I'm flying blind with no colour palette scheme in place. I'm just kind of putting colours of paint on places that seem to look good as I go Tongue

If nothing else I've pushed myself to make 5 interesting Blunderbuss models for a future unit ... which is kind of the point.
~N

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 06-29-2010 01:47 PM

Ive finished my entry so all i need to do now is get some decent pictures. Whats the deadline in GMT?

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 06-30-2010 05:35 AM

@Pyro
EST is GMT - 5 if I remember correctly - so final deadline will be ... 1st July 04:59 a.m. - so that will give you 17 hours to do the pictures Wink

Had to rush the painting last night (really had to watch that Spain match Big Grin). Could have used another day to tighten it up nicely - but this is as good as it gets - this time. Hopefully I'll plan the project slightly better next time.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 06-30-2010 06:49 AM

We had a huge rain storm here that lasted ~7 hours. Heaviest rain I've seen in a long time... maybe the most since experiencing a "big" rain storm in Scotland Wink  Anyway, I spent the last few hours dealing with a leak in the basement that lead up into the main bathroom and from there up into the crawl space in the attic. Barf. So much for painting tonight, and I have to be awake for work in about 2 hours Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - dncswlf - 06-30-2010 11:21 AM

Drat, couldn't eek out the time for this one!!!  bummer, I'll have to finish my guys up and just post them to my blog... good luck to all who entered!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - tjub - 06-30-2010 11:37 AM

dncswlf Wrote:
Drat, couldn't eek out the time for this one!!!  bummer, I'll have to finish my guys up and just post them to my blog... good luck to all who entered!

Same here... Sad

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 06-30-2010 02:02 PM

Finally got my entry sent of but half way through taking pics i dropped and broke my 10 megapixel camera so some of the pics arent the best quality and i didnt get all the shots i wanted but they are good enough.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 06-30-2010 02:25 PM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
Finally got my entry sent of but half way through taking pics i dropped and broke my 10 megapixel camera so some of the pics arent the best quality and i didnt get all the shots i wanted but they are good enough.

Judging from all of the details in this thread this sounds like it's the Golden Hat for making "Cursed Blunderbuss" models.  Wink

~N

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Ronshank - 06-30-2010 10:04 PM

Darn i've done it again. Missed it. 4 painted models but not finished in time. Although on the upside it's 4 painted models more than I had before.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 06-30-2010 11:06 PM

Right down to the wire with painting, matte finish and photos.  My first submission to any kind of contest for models... but I'm more excited to see the other entries!!

~N

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - kerbak - 07-01-2010 12:23 AM

This is going to be huge,, I think that there is going to be a lot of submisions,, good luck to all

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Tarrakk Blackhand - 07-01-2010 12:29 AM

Well, my pics are coming through soon! Just hope I made it. It's 10:28 PM here in Canada. Don't know if I beat the allotted time slot or not. It does say "11:29 PM" at the bottom of the screen.

I had to baby sit my 2 babies, so I had to take the pics at the last avalible minute. Hope I didn't go over the time limit.

Please tell me if they made it on time!

Thanx - Tarrakk.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Bassman - 07-01-2010 06:27 AM

Not time for me, too many things to do and.... too many blunderbusses already painted!

Anyway, longing to see your entries!
Happy

Poor Pyro, it's really a bad period! Well, sometimes it's better to get all the wrong at one time, then it will be better! Happy

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Pyro Stick - 07-01-2010 06:58 AM

NIcodemus Wrote:
Judging from all of the details in this thread this sounds like it's the Golden Hat for making "Cursed Blunderbuss" models.  Wink

Bassman Wrote:
Poor Pyro, it's really a bad period! Well, sometimes it's better to get all the wrong at one time, then it will be better! Happy

lol it has been a pretty painful ride. At least i got there in the end.

Im looking forward to seeing all the entries but it sounds like a lot of people didnt make it. Maybe this time ill be in for a chance!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 07-01-2010 10:07 AM

Although it's obvious, it's worth saying that the competition is now closed for entries.

There were 13 in the end, unlucky for someone perhaps.

Hopefully the voting thread will be up by end of saturday.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 07-01-2010 05:04 PM

We had 13 entries ... ??? Big Grin

After reading this thread I would have expected about 5.

Did you enter yourself? Hope so Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 07-01-2010 05:25 PM

I did, I painted them all yesterday.  Bit of a marathon effort for me, but I finished in good time for a change.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - cornixt - 07-01-2010 07:36 PM

I was planning it, but for some reason my wife considered furniture to be more important. Maybe the next Golden Hat can be "Build an 8 foot bookcase from scratch".

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Xander - 07-02-2010 08:14 AM

Missed the deadline.  It conflicted with an essay due date, and the essay took priority.  I do have 5 converted blunderbussers though. Pics forthcoming. Happy

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Da Crusha - 07-02-2010 08:27 AM

Im looking forward to these when are they going to go up?

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Nicodemus - 07-02-2010 03:07 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
Hopefully the voting thread will be up by end of saturday.

See above.  I'm hoping it'll be sooner.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Da Crusha - 07-02-2010 06:19 PM

ohh by saturday, sounds good!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 07-03-2010 07:22 PM

Seeing as there were no other volunteers I will make a start on this now, but it will not be up until later on sunday.

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Tarrakk Blackhand - 07-03-2010 08:58 PM

Well, we have the time! Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - clam - 07-04-2010 09:06 AM

8 staff members and only one to do the hard work !!???! - you should really pick your staff more carefully Big Grin

Sunday then!

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Obsidian - 07-04-2010 09:13 AM

Sunday's almost over, give us the pics! Wink

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses - Grimstonefire - 07-04-2010 09:48 AM

@Clam
It's much easier for one person to do it as the pics all come out the same, which imo is very important so that one person does not have an advantage over another.

In this case sometimes Xander does the compilations, sometimes Willmark and sometimes me.  I wasn't sure you see, and I had some things to do so it could have been late saturday but I was busy all day and didn't have time (I was digging a pond, if anyone is interested). Wink