CDO Forums
Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law (/showthread.php?tid=8140)

Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Hashut's Blessing - 09-02-2010 03:09 PM

Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut’s Big Red Book of Holy Law (Part 1 of 2)
Early May, 2010
Sorcerer Patriarchs: Nicodemus & Hashut’s Blessing
[ MP3 68.9 MB | Show Notes & Comments ]

Your Sorcerer Patriarchs deliver the Holy Law, as commanded by Hashut Himself – The State of the Chaos Dwarf Empire and the Ravening Hordes List in 8th Edition.

For too long have we remained within the Dark Lands.  Our forges and industry hunger for precious metals, warpstone, souls and flesh.  We will march forth from Zharr-Naggrund into the heart of the Old World.  The ground will quake with the advance of our war machines, striking panic and terror in our enemies.  We will plunder the lands and enslave all who oppose us.  For Zharr-Naggrund and the Dark Father!

Hosts are Nicodemus and Hashut’s Blessing.

Part 1 of a 2-part special series of "Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents": We cover some general 8th Edition rules and changes from 7th Edition, such as army composition, Horde rule, Line-of-Sight, Hand Weapon & Shield considerations, etc.  We then cover all of the Core units from Ravening Hordes, as well as alliances in 8th Edition, and Terrain.

Show Links:
-8th Edition Rulebook: Hashut’s Big Red Book of Holy Law.
-Ravening Hordes Chaos Dwarf Army List: US GW archives
-CDO 8th Edition Ravening Hordes (CD) errata: Get it while it’s hot

Credits:
Clips from Elliot Goldenthal’s soundtrack from the movie Titus.

Note: RSS feed updated!

Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut’s Big Red Book of Holy Law (Part 2 of 2)
Mid September, 2010

Note: In-post player and RSS feed need updating.

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Nicodemus - 09-03-2010 11:48 AM

Please feel free to leave feedback and comments on the RH list and information from the podcast. Every effort was made to ensure we're telling you the right things... but invariably we may have misinterpreted a rule or what have you.

If you've got further ideas related to the podcast feel free to post them here as well!

~N

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Hashut's Blessing - 09-03-2010 01:58 PM

Something else to note is that Nicodemus was in charge of this project, is the host and did the editing. I simply arrived and blagged the title, lol Big Grin

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Xander - 09-03-2010 02:54 PM

Cool stuff.  RSS feed updated, will listen later!

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - clam - 09-03-2010 03:33 PM

Don't work for me - nor can I pick up episode 8b Unsure last episode in iTunes Store is still just ep 8a

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Hashut's Blessing - 09-03-2010 07:11 PM

Thanks, Xander Big Grin Much appreciated Wink Will really have to get you to teach me how to do it, lol Tongue

clam: Sorry, friend. You can download it as an MP3 and then plonk it onto your device manually if desperate though?

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Nicodemus - 09-07-2010 04:43 AM

For those keeping up on such matters, HB and I wrapped on the second half today... first 2 hours out of ~2½ have been edited, but it'll be a few more days before it's locked and ready to roll.

~N

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - clam - 09-07-2010 08:15 AM

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
clam: Sorry, friend. You can download it as an MP3 and then plonk it onto your device manually if desperate though?

I know, but you'll lose all podcast features. That allows you to jumb back and forth through you podcasts. If I just ad it as a regular mp3 - I'll have to start all over. So, I would appreciate if Xander could/would fix it.

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - The Snowman - 09-07-2010 09:23 AM

With iTunes I keep getting a "does not seem to be a valid podcast url" message. I will also wait until someone has fixed it before grabbing it and giving it a listen.

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Clinkz - 09-07-2010 09:42 AM

Yeah i have never been able to get the podcast through itunes, downloading the MP3 and loading it up was good enough for me though! Thanks for the episode guys, great stuff look forward to hearing more. Takes Hat off

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Nicodemus - 09-07-2010 12:06 PM

Hmm. Well it sounds like this linking issue may be hurting us then.    PM sent to Xander...

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - clam - 09-07-2010 01:36 PM

The Snowman Wrote:
With iTunes I keep getting a "does not seem to be a valid podcast url" message. I will also wait until someone has fixed it before grabbing it and giving it a listen.

My problem exactly Big Grin

If you write Xander, please makes sure he fix the 8b episode as well Wink

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Xander - 09-07-2010 01:44 PM

Odd, I am not sure why it is not working.  I must have an error in my code some place:

http://chaos-dwarfs.com/podcast/cdc.rss

EDIT: Found it.  An invalid character was in there.  Should work now!

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - clam - 09-07-2010 03:15 PM

Still get that invalid URL-error - but I managed picking them up from the iTunes store after re-subscribing. Some I'm pleased - for now Big Grin

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Xander - 09-07-2010 03:27 PM

It might have to refresh or something.  The XML validates. :S

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - The Snowman - 09-08-2010 04:05 AM

Well it fixed the problem that I was having. Many thanks Xander!!

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Clinkz - 09-08-2010 05:36 AM

The Snowman Wrote:
Well it fixed the problem that I was having. Many thanks Xander!!

Yes, same with me. Thanks very much Takes Hat off

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Hashut's Blessing - 09-08-2010 10:45 AM

Glad that it's all working now and hope you all enjoy the show! Just waiting on Nicodemus finding the free time to fo finish editing and send me the file/form to upload in here Big Grin

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - warh - 09-08-2010 01:29 PM

only been able to listen half of the pod but awesome as allways!

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Nicodemus - 09-08-2010 01:43 PM

... hitting the Play button above still plays one of the previous podcasts... but oh well Wink  Until I'm able to make changes or post these things myself I'll just have to keep pestering others Wink

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Nicodemus - 09-10-2010 04:03 AM

Just a quick heads-up.  I'm still editing the second part of the CDR Presents special.  This one is taking much longer. We recorded it in a somewhat disjointed fashion. There was a break of several days between recording everything we needed for the second half, and in that time I remembered a few things that needed to be mentioned in the first half, so there's been a lot of copy&pasting of short 1-2 minute segments from both myself and Hashut's Blessing.

... so far without the final sweep of editing to remove repetition, excessive "um"s,  "ah"s and gaps of silence while we contemplate the downfall of the cursed Dawi, it's up to ~3 hours. Yikes.  I'll get it down to as close to 2 hours as I can, but that may be optimistic.  In the time since we recorded the second half I've also caught a couple of omissions or mistakes (i.e. we give the wrong points cost for an item or an upgrade) and I've been re-recording as much as possible to fix those.

Patience my bearded brothers! The final words of Hashut's Holy Law will soon be heard!  
And with it, we Dawi'Zharr will march to war.

Update: The total run time so far is 3h 49 min.
I'll try to get that down a little Wink

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Clinkz - 09-10-2010 05:55 AM

A big chunk of content then?..sounds good to me! I actually like the longer sessions, its good to be able t sit down and listen to CDR and get a nice solid couple of hours painting down. Thats what i did when listening to the 1st part anyway. Happy

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Hashut's Blessing - 09-10-2010 06:57 AM

Nicodemus: Thanks for taking so much time to edit and re-record (a pain, right? Big Grin ) and doing such a good job! Many kudos!

Clinkz: it's funny that you say that because, at one point, people were asking for it to be shorter so that the file size was smaller, lol Big Grin

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Clinkz - 09-10-2010 07:09 AM

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Clinkz: it's funny that you say that because, at one point, people were asking for it to be shorter so that the file size was smaller, lol Big Grin

Heretics! Wink nono, just kidding. But coming from a country with terrible internet i wouldn't think file size would be an issue..though i don't know what kind of data rates other country's get, it would have to be better then the copper wire that supply's Aus with its internet. Anyway its good stuff! Big Grin

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Hashut's Blessing - 09-10-2010 07:41 AM

Well, I think nowadays we're just letting it run its course, as opposed to trying to limit ourselves.

Still, very glad to hear that you enjoy it Wink

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Nicodemus - 09-10-2010 05:36 PM

I'm glad someone out there enjoyed it too.   Personally I felt this was a good exercise just to get myself up to speed a little better with 8th ED.

FYI - Good gravy!! After 30 minutes I just finished editing the first 15 minutes.  At this rate it'll be another ~5½ hours before it's done Tongue
Doesn't help that I'm going to take a break for a bit right now Wink

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Nicodemus - 09-15-2010 03:38 PM

Quick update - After sorting all of the dice last night I've now finished editing ~2hours 45 mins of the recording for part 2.  The total time is also 30 minutes shorter than before.

It'll be up tonight or tomorrow.

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - zobo1942 - 09-15-2010 04:30 PM

Sweet!

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Hashut's Blessing - 09-15-2010 07:10 PM

Excellent to hear, o sleepless one! Just PM me the stuff and I'll get it posted up Wink

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Clinkz - 09-16-2010 06:42 AM

Huzzar! Cheers!

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Nicodemus - 09-16-2010 02:52 PM

It's done, and lurking out there in the chaotic Æther somewhere.  If Hashut's Blessing dares brave the perils of the realm of Chaos long enough to stick his gauntleted arm in and grab the file, it'll likely be posted tonight...

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law - Hashut's Blessing - 09-17-2010 03:58 PM

Sorry, you know how time gets up North Wink

Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut’s Big Red Book of Holy Law (Part 2 of 2)
Mid September, 2010

Forgot to mention: I say that Bloodcrushers can't be a horde, but they can! THAT's a hugely scary prospect!