CDO Forums
Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown (/showthread.php?tid=8553)

Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-20-2010 08:27 PM

Welcome all to Artisan’s IX!

What to enter?

The theme for this Artisans is to write a complete rules set and some background for a Chaos Dwarf themed Regiment of Renown.  

It is important that people consider the context in which the entry may be appropriate is going to vary from person to person.  A Regiment of Renown may be appropriate for the Dwarfs of Chaos list, but may be stupendously unbalanced if considered in the context of the Ravening Hordes list.  

So to try and be even handed we want people to be open minded and try and think of an entry that could be used in any CD list (or fanlist) instead of any one in particular.  This means that those who are not familiar with a particular fan list can still discuss it.

Deadline

The deadline for the submission of entries is 2nd January 2011 11:59pm EST.  

Only enter if you are happy with the rules as they are stated below.

Rules of the Competition

Each member may only enter once.

Seeing as it would be all too easy to present ‘cool’ rules that are incomplete or seriously unbalanced, this competition has to have a fair few more rules than usual:

You MUST have the following per entry:

1.  You must state the classification of the unit, which must be one of the following:  Infantry, Monstrous Infantry, Cavalry, Monstrous Cavalry or War Beast.  You cannot have mixed units.

2.  You must state which slot it falls into; Core, Special or Rare in a Chaos Dwarfs/Dwarfs of Chaos army.  If other armies can take them you can state this, but you must state which category they are for the CD as a minimum.

3.  The unit must conform to the typical minimum unit size for each classification:

Infantry (core for CD army):  10+
Infantry (special or rare for CD army):  5+
Cavalry:  5+
Monstrous Infantry: 3+
Monstrous Cavalry: 3+
War Beasts: 5+

Obviously if you want to state a maximum that's up to you.

4.  Basic points cost for the minimum unit size (the base cost before all upgrades or options) must be included.  This includes any named champions.

5.  Basic Points cost for any additional models.  

6.  The cost for upgrading command models.  A named champion should be included in the basic points total in point 4 above and not as an upgrade.  If you have a named musician or standard bearer you can include them either in the basic total in point 4 above or as an upgrade.

7.  A profile for everything in the unit including mounts if there are any.  This must follow the GW format. M WS BS S T W I A Ld etc

8.  If the unit is armed with a missile or combat weapon that is not a weapon type in the 8th Edition Warhammer rulebook, the rules for this must be described.

9.  If the unit have any special rules that are not in the 8th Edition Warhammer rulebook, the rules for this must be described.

If your entry does not include all the above by the deadline it will probably not be included.  I may consider an entry if it's 99% of the way there and only needs a couple of things adding quickly.  No promises though.

Optional things

You may include 0 - 3 Optional unit upgrades (aka ‘Options’) per entry.  These cannot be for a named champion (it is assumed that his weapons/ equipment are already stated and cannot be upgraded, a regular un-named champion will obviously need to be included as usual) and must each have a points cost.  For example, a shield, heavy armour, or a pistol.  A magic banner is not a unit upgrade (it's a standard bearer one) and would not take one of these 3 options.  You can include a specific magic banner if you want, made up or not, however, you may not include a general points allowance for the unit to have a magic banner (as RoR don't do this afaik).

You can include a named champion for your regiment.  They may have an additional wound and not count as a hero.

You cannot include lord or hero level characters (or special characters), or anything with more than 1 wound over the basic unit type.

Background:

The background part is optional, but I suggest you include something as everyone else probably will. Wink

There is a 1000 maximum word limit on this.  This doesn't include any rules descriptions (e.g. what the 'Iron Will' rule is).  Though fluff descriptions of things like magic banners etc, or the fluff behind rules will be included in this total.

Anything over the 1000 words will be deleted, starting with rules fluff (things like what the 'Hashut's Chosen' rule is fluffwise or how a magic banner looks etc), before deleting from the background section.

Other Stuff

NO ART OR MODEL PHOTOS are allowed.

Spelling, punctuation and grammar will not be corrected.

Unlike the last time we ran this, as long as people include all the things above there isn't a specific format required.  Note that I will amend all entries to be the same format regardless of how they are sent.

Unless by specific permission, nothing can be changed after the deadline.

How to Enter?

Submit your entry by an email attachment to cdostaff@hotmail.co.uk.  You must have your CDO user name in the title or text of your message so we know who you are!

Do not post it in the forum.

How will this be judged?

On 5th or 6th January we will have an  open poll for people to vote for the entry they like best.  This is a unit creation competition, so people are free to judge however they want.  If the rules impress you, or the background, maybe how fun or original it is, you can vote freely.  It will be a 10 day timed poll to decide the winner(s).

Just to be clear on this, an entry with what some consider to be unbalanced rules can win if enough people vote for it. Wink

If there are more than 10 entries there will be Silver and Bronze Artisan's medals.

Judging a competition with a rules element is unlike any other sort of judging, it requires people to use both common sense and their gaming knowledge and experience to find the strengths and weaknesses of every entry.

To help people with this we have designed a list of categories that people could use to help them decide.  You are not required to use this list at all.  

• Use of Language (is it professionally written?)
  • Playability (are the rules streamlined?)
  • Balance (are the rules and points fair and do they adhere to typical GW design?)
  • Fun (do the rules make for a fun experience?)
  • Lore (are the rules fluffy and do they fit the character of the Chaos Dwarfs?)

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Grimstonefire - 11-20-2010 08:31 PM

Sorry guys for the rules being fairly long winded.  The things I included are all things that can be simply addressed, so it's not too complex really.  Hopefully people won't be put off entering.

Especially the formatting this time around, which is easier for all of you.

At a basic level people can just copy something from the RH list and give them some fluff.  You wouldn't score very highly for imagination but it would be fine to do that, especially if people haven't designed rules before.

If anyone has a specific question about the rules, or about an entry they are considering that may be outside of the rules above please pm me and don't presume if it is unanswered in this thread that it is ok. Wink

Thanks.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Nicodemus - 11-20-2010 09:30 PM

Sounds great!! Great writing and play testing everyone!

~N

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Willmark - 11-20-2010 09:38 PM

Banner added! Wink

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Skink - 11-20-2010 10:18 PM

Uhm... Even though I'm happy to see another Artisan contest and I can't wait to read the entries... We've already done this. Thommy H was the winner and the rules for Gozzadini and Kazharn arer in WoH#8 if I'm correct. I was expecting something new...

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Willmark - 11-20-2010 10:25 PM

Skink Wrote:
Uhm... Even though I'm happy to see another Artisan contest and I can't wait to read the entries... We've already done this. Thommy H was the winner and the rules for Gozzadini and Kazharn arer in WoH#8 if I'm correct. I was expecting something new...

No that was not an "official" one, that was a mini contest I ran. Takes Hat off

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - BilboBaggins - 11-20-2010 11:48 PM

It's got me thinking, and that is a dangerous thing.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - zobo1942 - 11-21-2010 12:06 AM

I was looking forward to trying to build something. Sad

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - vulcanologist - 11-21-2010 05:53 AM

HmmMmm... That's an interesting one wasn't expecting that!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - nitroglysarine - 11-21-2010 05:56 AM

Sounds cool!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Golder Goldeater - 11-21-2010 06:03 AM

Ehm...Forgive my ignorance but I didn't really understand the subject.Tongue Wink
Do we have to model a new DOW unit of CDs and write some rules for them or what?

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Obsidian - 11-21-2010 06:33 AM

Nope, no models and no art. Just the rules, profiles and fluff.
Sound cool, might have a go.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Ishkur Cinderhat - 11-21-2010 07:04 AM

Writing rules for a unit and not being allowed to include artwork... how booooooooooooring! Wink

Although this clearly favours those whose 1st language is English I might still give it a try, though.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Da Crusha - 11-21-2010 07:18 AM

zobo1942 Wrote:
I was looking forward to trying to build something. Sad

+1. Im pretty dissapointed

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Grimstonefire - 11-21-2010 07:56 AM

We try and alternate between building stuff, stories, rules and art to cater to the most people, as some people will only be interested in one out of four.  This isn't a hard and fast rule btw on what is coming next, we haven't given it any thought yet. Wink

Anyone interested in the fluff side of this and not the rules can just write a short story about the unit and use rules straight from the RH/ Dwarfs of Chaos/ other fanlist.  You'd have to type them all out in full, as people may not know all the rules for the list you're using.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Hashut's Blessing - 11-21-2010 09:58 AM

Just had a spark of an idea. Now to figure out how to implement it!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - Thommy H - 11-21-2010 01:11 PM

Can I just enter what I wrote to win the other competition?

Also: it's "Renown", not "Reknown".

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Reknown - nitroglysarine - 11-21-2010 01:32 PM

@Tommy - I'm guessing that's a no as that would be 're-known' Big Grin

Nice idea, but its a shame about the no art or pictures rule, would have liked to have all the bits a normal unit for ROR would.

I'll still enter none the less!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-21-2010 05:46 PM

Cheers for spotting that.  No, this has to be something people haven't entered in a competition before.  Besides, where's the fun in that!? Wink

From what I remember you'd be needing a few more people to make your last one a unit anyway.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - GRNDL - 11-21-2010 07:40 PM

And, probably, entries written with beautiful calligraphy on hand-made parchment, illuminated with home-made dyes and pigments won't be allowed...

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-21-2010 07:47 PM

I'd actually be really impressed if someone did that Big Grin.  But no.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - zobo1942 - 11-21-2010 11:19 PM

Ummmm.... Question. If I have an idea which uses a different number than the listed typically accepted unit sizes, does that different pose a problem, or could that count as a 'special rule' or amendment?

Just curious.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Akahoushi Rezo - 11-22-2010 08:33 AM

Can I join the competition too?

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - AGPO - 11-22-2010 09:27 AM

Akahoushi - anyone can enter our competitions as long as they're registered on the site.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - clam - 11-22-2010 04:25 PM

Skink Wrote:

My thoughts exactly Sad

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Nicodemus - 11-22-2010 04:44 PM

clam Wrote:

Skink Wrote:

My thoughts exactly Sad

I just followed through to the thread in the Rules Development section. Gosh... that was not that long ago, 10-11 months.   I'm wondering where I was back in January/February this year as I don't remember even seeing that thread, and certainly don't recall seeing any of those entries!  I guess it was popular enough it's worth making a more official contest?!?

I guess the pdf of all the entries is a good place for folks to start looking if they want ideas on what has been done... although there are some experts out there who will undoubtedly have no trouble coming up with something novel and reasonably balanced.

~N

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-22-2010 04:45 PM

@zobo
It has to have a minimum unit size as I laid out, determined by what it is.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Baggronor - 11-22-2010 07:09 PM

Is the word count limit really necessary? I just wrote mine and its longer, but I can't edit it down any further Sad

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-22-2010 07:46 PM

Yeah, I'd like to question the word count too. I get that the idea is to make it less of a fluff competition (?) but it's a bit weird that it doesn't affect the special rules - is it supposed to be that just the fluff is subject to the limit? Do the stat lines count? Equipment? Magic Items?

Would it not be simpler to have an overall word count of 1500 or something?

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-22-2010 08:26 PM

Stat lines, equipment magic items etc do not count, as they are all part of the rules description (which has no word limit).

If people spent 200 words describing the fluff behind what the 'Will of Hashut' special rule means to to their RoR that's up to them, but it wouldn't leave many for the unit story.  It would not be 'simpler' to have a larger word count, as it's easy to edit it down from my end either way.

This is part way between a fluff and a rules contest, so by having a fairly restrictive word count people are going to have to impress in both areas and may not be able to win by one side alone.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Baggronor - 11-22-2010 08:38 PM

Hmm... can't really see a way to shorten mine enough, as the story is kinda the point. Oh well, probably have to give it a miss then Sad

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Willmark - 11-22-2010 09:46 PM

Nicodemus Wrote:

clam Wrote:

Skink Wrote:

My thoughts exactly Sad

I just followed through to the thread in the Rules Development section. Gosh... that was not that long ago, 10-11 months.   I'm wondering where I was back in January/February this year as I don't remember even seeing that thread, and certainly don't recall seeing any of those entries!  I guess it was popular enough it's worth making a more official contest?!?

I guess the pdf of all the entries is a good place for folks to start looking if they want ideas on what has been done... although there are some experts out there who will undoubtedly have no trouble coming up with something novel and reasonably balanced.

~N

Again, that was not a Artisan's Contest.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-23-2010 05:14 AM

Quote:
If people spent 200 words describing the fluff behind what the 'Will of Hashut' special rule means to to their RoR that's up to them, but it wouldn't leave many for the unit story.  It would not be 'simpler' to have a larger word count, as it's easy to edit it down from my end either way.

Yes, you'd obviously describe the fluff for the rule in the special rule section. So, while the fluff section has a really harsh word limit, apparently we can spend thousands of words describing something as long as we put a bold heading in front of it and say it's part of the flavour text for a rule?

Right now, the background section for my unit is just over 500, and I can easily edit that down (I haven't even done a first proofread yet), but I'm horribly aware that I've packed a fair amount of background into the special rules section, so that the total words are now easily over 1,000. I want to know if that's in the spirit of this word limit, because it makes the whole business seem a little pointless to me.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - clam - 11-23-2010 06:02 AM

Willmark Wrote:
Again, that was not a Artisan's Contest.

And...???

Official or not - you really can't blame us for finding this a bit .... 'uninspirational'. Can't see why an unofficial event needs an 'official' one so soon after - thats all.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-23-2010 07:53 AM

@Thommy.
The reason I put an overall cap on all fluff parts was to stop people writing 500 words on the background and another 3000 (etc) on the fluff descriptions for the special rules.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Hashut's Blessing - 11-23-2010 09:27 AM

Thommy H - I may have misinterpreted, but it seems you think the 500 words is just for the fluff and not for the fluff of each special rule. I'm fairly certain (and correct me if I'm wrong) that anything not classed as part of the rules (I.E. Any flavour text, such as a description of how a magic item works in the WH world instead of its rules) counts against the 500 words.

To those asking why it's a limit of 500 words, it's because it's to prevent it being fluff over rules, but fluff is allowed so that it's not rules over fluff. 500 words is enough to get a point across, but is also a test - professional writers almost always have word limits to adhere to, so I see no reason why it's a problem here.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Baggronor - 11-23-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:
professional writers almost always have word limits to adhere to, so I see no reason why it's a problem here.

I'm not a professional writer Tongue Wink

I'll just write a different entry I guess. It won't be as good though.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - nitroglysarine - 11-23-2010 10:21 AM

Do what everyone does with word limits, refer to an appendix and then you are set ;D

Always works with dissertations Wink

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Skink - 11-24-2010 06:06 AM

...I don't wanna sound like I'm moaning but I share Clam's thoughts!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Baggronor - 11-24-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:
but I share Clam's thoughts!

That must get inconvenient Wink

I have to agree, it wasn't what I hoped for, but then again it must be hard to consistently think up themes that are markedly different to GH.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Willmark - 11-24-2010 11:08 AM

Then I'm not sure what to tell everyone. The mini contest was well received and if fact AFAICR people were upset that they didn't know about it.

Bottom line is that we are never going to please everyone, not are we going to try. As an individual (that's anyone) you have the option to not enter if that's your choice. Again I learned long ago that being a staffer means no matter what you do there will be someone who doesn't like your choices (or ours for that matter).

We'd like to have everyone participate that wishes to do so, if you feel a contest is not to your liking then wait for one that is.

So once again chalk it up to we try for the best outcome possible.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-24-2010 12:56 PM

So, now that people have had their say about what they think (and to those who are unhappy, yes, we have heard it), who is actually interested/ excited about entering??  

Enough of the negativity, let's focus on the positive to encourage people to enter.  Controversy does not encourage people, but for those who are not entering feel free to discuss some ideas for those who are.

I have a couple of ideas rattling around.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Zanko - 11-24-2010 01:09 PM

This is not my prefered theme for an AC because of my lack of the english language and my nonexistent knowlege of the current rules (I don't own the new 8th edition rulebook)!

I will try to use the 7th edition rules ... if this is ok?!

I have a quite cool (imo) idea for a RoR but I'm not sure if I'm able to bring it in a correct form ... we will see! Unsure

Hashut!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - nitroglysarine - 11-24-2010 01:34 PM

Huzzah, now I have a concept, thank you a boring job interview!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-24-2010 02:56 PM

Were you thinking about this during the interview??!

@Zanko.  There are still people playing 7th ed, so I doubt you'd lose many votes from people for that.  I guess it depends whether people think it would still be balanced/fun/effective in 8th maybe?

It's all good fun writing and entering, so I'd just enter anyway if I were you.  If there are fewer of the regulars in there the odds of getting a gold may be higher... Evil idea  (though I'd love to see us get more than 10 entries).

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Hashut's Blessing - 11-24-2010 03:16 PM

I temporarily considered rebalancing my (very imbalanced - what a dolt!) entry into the WoH competition, but I decided to go for something completely new! Damnit, I've just had a second idea for this!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - nitroglysarine - 11-24-2010 03:23 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
Were you thinking about this during the interview??!

yup, damn multi-channel mind.
at least I have an idea now.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Blue in VT - 11-24-2010 04:06 PM

Zanko Wrote:
This is not my prefered theme for an AC because of my lack of the english language and my nonexistent knowlege of the current rules (I don't own the new 8th edition rulebook)!

I will try to use the 7th edition rules ... if this is ok?!

I have a quite cool (imo) idea for a RoR but I'm not sure if I'm able to bring it in a correct form ... we will see! Unsure

I will probably not be entering this comp for similar reasons as Zanko...except I haven't played since 4th edition!!  But I encourage everyone else to do so...sounds like a fun idea.  

That said I would be happy to read/edit the work of anyone for whom English is a second (or third) language.  While I am not a professional editor I do a lot of writing for work and would be happy to help...feel free to drop me a PM if I can assist (thats assuming the organizers wouldn't have a problem with me helping non-native speakers)

Takes Hat off

Blue

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Skink - 11-24-2010 08:02 PM

Hey, I just want to point out that I'm not questioning the work of our valiant moderators!!! This forum is great and contests like AC keep the comunity active!

I just gave out a (minor) critic that's it!!!!

Other than this I hope to read loads and loads of rules for fantastic RoR!!!! Plenty of inspiration for future conversionsHappy

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Nicodemus - 11-24-2010 10:27 PM

Given that I'm relatively new to the whole WHFB scene I'm not feeling so confident with this one, so the previous rules development comp. is a big bonus for setting the stage.

Skink Wrote:
Other than this I hope to read loads and loads of rules for fantastic RoR!!!! Plenty of inspiration for future conversionsHappy

Along that same line of thought... I had an idea for a RoR, but I started thinking that it would require some conversion for absolutely every model in the unit. I'm wondering how much of a deterrent such an entry would be? If I had two RoRs side by side that I had to vote on and they were equally well thought out and well written, characterful, etc. but one could be fielded as just a unit of CD Warriors and the other would require hours of conversion work to ever make it playable I'd vote for the most immediately playable/less conversion one first.  Does anyone else think the same way? Am I setting myself up behind the 8-ball by doing a unit that requires an overly involved conversion for each model?

~N

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - zobo1942 - 11-24-2010 11:39 PM

I don't think it would matter a whole lot, as there's always the option to use (unconverted) proxy models...

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-25-2010 07:13 AM

Wait: so the 500 word limit includes the flavour text in special rules?

a) How will you measure that? Anyone who's read an Armies book knows that fluff and rules are rarely delineated in such a convenient way.

b) Why so harsh a word limit? 500 is, like, one page on Word. Yes, writers can work with word limits, but there has to be a threshold below which nothing meaningful can be achieved. There's no way I can present an idea for a unit that will actually work and be interesting in under 500 words.

Seriously, please take a look at how many words just a basic unit in an Armies book is allotted, and take a look at the old, full, DoW rules from 5th Edition - it should be obvious that 500 isn't enough.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Obsidian - 11-25-2010 07:17 AM

I think I have mine almost finished! Happy

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Hashut's Blessing - 11-26-2010 08:32 AM

Nico: That shouldn't be something to worry about too much because, let's face it, how likely is it going to be that it comes down to a factor of the only difference in quality is the conversionf actor? Besides, on a forum where conversion is such a massive part of the community, I don't think it would lose you any votes Wink Regardless, would it not be fun to have the rules done? DO IT!

Obsidian: Already?!? I've still not yet decided as to which of my two thoughts I shall develop!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - G.2 - 11-26-2010 09:01 AM

Thommy H Wrote:
Why so harsh a word limit? 500 is, like, one page on Word.

I don't think it is harsh at all. I think the restriction, will make you write more efficiently. I hear this from timt to time, from the Uni students I work with. "Oh the word count is set so impossibly low, how am I ever going to write a good essay with so few words. I have a lot to say". Well the truth of the matter is, that you are simply just going to HAVE to do it that way.

Thommy H Wrote:
- it should be obvious that 500 isn't enough.

Again I disagree. Sorry. I think that 500 words is do-able.

Obsidian Wrote:
I think I have mine almost finished!

Well Done!. I am still fleshing out my ideas. I am working on 3 different ones, at the same time, and depending on which one I like the most when it is finished, I will submit it.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Obsidian - 11-26-2010 10:50 AM

@Hashut's Blessing and G.; well maybe a coincidence but I was already thinking of doing something alike a while ago! ^^

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - BilboBaggins - 11-26-2010 10:53 AM

I have an idea (or three) but will I really get them done for the contest that is the question. I usually put my ideas for Regiments into TDS.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Swissdictator - 11-26-2010 11:42 AM

I think I have a fun idea for a unit, should be a fun little design.

It will also fit the background and basis of the chaos dwarfs too.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-26-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:
I don't think it is harsh at all. I think the restriction, will make you write more efficiently. I hear this from timt to time, from the Uni students I work with. "Oh the word count is set so impossibly low, how am I ever going to write a good essay with so few words. I have a lot to say". Well the truth of the matter is, that you are simply just going to HAVE to do it that way.

As nice as it is to be patronised (yes, I was a student myself just a few years ago - I know all about word limits, thank you), 500 words just isn't that much. And we're not talking about an essay which is graded on the assumption that a certain amount of brevity is necessary, and even desirable: just look at any Armies book and you'll see that a page on Word is only enough to create a usable unit. It isn't enough to create an exciting unit that's going to win a competition. The Dogs of War units that were featured in White Dwarf all got at least a two page spread, generally in 10-point type, which takes them way over 500 words.

It's just not enough. And I wouldn't mind, but I don't think this particular limit has actually been thought out at all. You're going to get a bunch of bland, boring entries that no one's going to have any opinions on.

So can we have it changed to something a bit more realistic? If not, I'm really not that interested in entering.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Nicodemus - 11-26-2010 02:01 PM

Not that I have any authority to make any changes, ... but as a compromise (maybe nobody thinks we need one) what about keeping the word limit where is it, which may mean there's a significant amount of material that has to be cut, including good stuff, but then after the competition the winning entrant(s) could be sent a PM to provide their full-length text and fluff.  ... so the comp would be for the RoR with the most paired-down fluff representation, and by winning those people are effectively given the green light to present their fully-developed rules, which will be showcased in the Website news comp. results thread... while everyone else will be relegated to posting in their blogs and/or the rules development threads.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Baggronor - 11-26-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:
but as a compromise (maybe nobody thinks we need one) what about keeping the word limit where is it, which may mean there's a significant amount of material that has to be cut, including good stuff, but then after the competition the winning entrant(s) could be sent a PM to provide their full-length text and fluff.  ... so the comp would be for the RoR with the most paired-down fluff representation,

But then someone has to go through and edit everything down. And we all lose parts of fluff when people vote. Is that not the worst of both worlds?

I could do a 500 word RoR, but they won't be nearly as fun as the 1000 word one I wrote first (and even that was edited).

I just don't see why such a harsh limit has been imposed; was the first competition plagued by overly long-winded entries or something?

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Xander - 11-26-2010 02:53 PM

I'd be fine with upping the limit.  

It seems logical that a typical Dogs of War entry from the original army book would be a good template size to use.

Though, I didn't initiate this contest, that would be my two cents.  I leave it up to the fine staffers who've been very active when I have not been so.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-26-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:
I could do a 500 word RoR, but they won't be nearly as fun as the 1000 word one I wrote first

Which is the whole point really. See, I get word limits. I'm fine with word limits. There is a skill in eliminating extraneous language and presenting an idea succinctly. But is that the point of this contest? Is it a competition to see who can say the most with the least words? It seems like a bizarre thing to be rewarding, when I think the whole point is for everyone to have fun and write something cool.

I should point out that we've had this problem with rules/fluff competitions before. The staff sometimes seem to have a weird bee in their bonnets about writing competitions failing because people won't read all the entries or whatever. I argued several times that you can't police people's participation or investment in a contest, so why not just let those people who want to join in let loose? Why does it matter?

All I'm asking for is a word limit that allows me to produce what I want. Otherwise what you get is a bastardised entry that's been pared down for no good reason. If there was some logic to such a harsh limit, I'd understand, but I genuinely think it was arrived at almost arbitrarily.

I could be wrong. It does happen very, very occasionally.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - BilboBaggins - 11-26-2010 04:37 PM

Hmm, I did my fluff in under 400 words. Big Grin

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-26-2010 04:41 PM

On mine, the basic fluff section at the start clocks in at just over 500 (without editing, yet), but the special rules all have fluff too, and the total word count is >1000. So I either need to do some harsh editing to bring it under this word limit, or just decide it isn't worth it *shrugs*.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - The_Bear_in_the_Hat - 11-26-2010 05:06 PM

The other option, though I'm not sure how those running the comp would view it, would be to do it like an army book entry.  Submit your piece as though it were a simple listing, with a bit of description, and then do a post on the site as a Bestiary entry with as much detail as you see fit.  If you think people have to know every detail about your unit's style of underwear and prefered dietary requirements then you can include all that in the Bestiary post, without needing to put it in the entry.  I don't know how that would sit with everyone but it seems a decent way to get around everyone's issues.  There could even be a specific thread where everyone could post their background fluff, which would mean the 'judges' would have less to read but nobody would feel put-out.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Baggronor - 11-26-2010 05:49 PM

Tbh, if its long and boring, no one will vote for it anyway. Keeping people interested is all part of it, surely.

My fluff is now under 500 (just) but the rules listings still contains some extra.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-26-2010 05:54 PM

I think I'd mostly like some clarification on how the "fluff" sections of the special rules are going to be measured. I can easily cut the main body of the background text down to 500, but there's probably a few hundred more words lurking around explaining why this special rule does that or whatever.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Baggronor - 11-26-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:
I think I'd mostly like some clarification on how the "fluff" sections of the special rules are going to be measured. I can easily cut the main body of the background text down to 500, but there's probably a few hundred more words lurking around explaining why this special rule does that or whatever.

I think anything that is explanatory fluff and not the in-game rule explanation itself counts towards the 500.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-26-2010 06:43 PM

Seeing as we are over a month off from this closing, and as I'd like to get more entries than the last rules artisans (7 I think), I'll up the word count to 1000.  The same rules apply though, anything that appears to be background parts over this will be deleted.  Unless your story writing is particularly dull it will be obvious which parts these are in the rules section Wink.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-26-2010 06:51 PM

What if your rules are particularly exciting?

But thanks. 1000 is a lot more generous! I hope no one whose entries are currently clocking in at <500 don't feel they've been hard done by. I played an online roleplaying/creative writing game for some years in which there was persistent rumour that the judges always picked the player that had written the most and that writing long posts was the surefire way to win. Of course, unlike in love making, size didn't really matter: it was what you did with it. The real reason I kept winning was because I was awesome, not because I rambled on pointlessly for thousands of words.

So, to summarise, I hope everyone will keep in mind that the length of the entry should have no bearing on its quality. Again, unlike in love making.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - G.2 - 11-26-2010 07:07 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
I'll up the word count to 1000.

This should keep everyone happy, and happy people write great fluff.

@ Thommy H: I am now expecting to read something awesome. The pressure is on. Happy

Thommy H Wrote:
I hope no one whose entries are currently clocking in at <500 don't feel they've been hard done by.

I don't think anyone should feel too hard done by. It is not too late to add a few more words if they need to.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-26-2010 07:10 PM

If it makes it easier you can label the fluff parts that are connected to the special rules in a separate section and not directly next to the rules, when I piece it all together I'll know which bits to look for if the word count is over.

I imagine yours will be exactly 1000 words anyway Thommy so nothing to fear. Wink

Although it's obvious really from the first post, I will be doing any editing I see fit to make it fit the rules.  This will be simple if people follow the rules to begin with, but only enter if you are happy with me doing this.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-26-2010 07:14 PM

My entry is done in the GW style, so it'll all be kind of mixed up. But the whole thing will clock in at under 1000 words, rules and all, so there should be no problem.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - BilboBaggins - 11-26-2010 07:26 PM

Mine is 415 words for everything. But then I didn't go wordy in the fluff.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Hashut's Blessing - 11-27-2010 08:01 AM

If people are worried as to what will count as fluff and what won't, if it's not a rule/statistic etc (I.E. Directly relating to the gameplay mechanics), then put it in italics (note: this is not compulsory, just might make you feel safer).

BilboBaggins: Bear in mind that it's not all about the fluff (although with the amount of discussion we've had, it may seem a little like that, lol) and that if it's written well and says what it needs to say, you won't be losing out. If you don't need to use up the extra 585 words, then don't because it will only make the entry suffer from unnecessary chatter.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - BilboBaggins - 11-27-2010 01:27 PM

I put in what I felt it needed and stopped. Of course I could have gone further but I'm going with the Less is More style.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Vexxus - 11-29-2010 11:44 AM

Sad I am, caved to complaining, we have. Sad

BIG RED LETTERS said: "Only enter if you are happy with the rules as they are stated below."

I am honestly disheartened to see that the squeeky wheels have gotten the grease. Changing the limit has changed the contest, which is now more weighted to fluff and less to rules, and I think that is a shame really.

The irony is that I was an advocate for less restrictions in these contests, as I felt that they honeslty seemed in place solely out of fear of the "bigger is better" phenomena. Just as I come to accept the imposing of arbitrary conditions as indisputable, a select few threaten (yes I am sorry to inform you, those were threats) to withdraw their entries, and the cap is raised.

::SIGH:: Quite Disappointed.

That being said, I won't pretend I was going to enter and/or threaten not to.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-29-2010 11:50 AM

I know they were threats - why do you think I made them?

Or, perhaps a better way of looking at it is this:

Suppose in the last Golden Hat, everything had been the same, except that instead of it having to be on a "game legal base", the rules stated that it had to be on a 20mm base. No exceptions. There was still all the stuff about how it could be a Bull Centaur or a Wolf Rider or whatever, but everything had to be on 20mm. End of.

Would prospective entrants who wanted to make larger models not be within their rights to question that limitation? Now, if the organisers don't want to change it, that's fine, and they can adapt or not enter (like how Clam withdrew his entry because of the base...), but they have the right to ask for a bit more leeway.

That's all we've done. Asked. Don't ask: don't get. We got, so no worries. I should point out that no one's complained about the additional word limit - there weren't two camps here. Some of us just felt that 500 was a bit restrictive and asked for it to be raised. It's really not a big deal.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-29-2010 12:22 PM

To be honest with well over a month left at the time of changing it, everyone has a chance to improve it if they were struggling.  The rules change is equally fair to everyone I think.

If I had changed the ruling right near the end it would be different.

I didn't (and don't) see the need for it to be 1000 words, but unlike the GH's where we will get dozens of entries regardless of the rules specifics, a rules based artisans we'll be lucky to get 8 entries.  So in the spirit of trying to make it more inclusive upping the word count was justified in this instance.

In terms of setting a precedent that if people complain and threaten enough the rules will change, this is not. Wink  The GH competitions are always aimed at the majority.  Artisan's we try and get lots of entries but we realise they're not as inclusive.

As to how issues are raised about our competitions, this is something the Staff have been discussing recently.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Vexxus - 11-29-2010 12:37 PM

Thommy H Wrote:
I should point out that no one's complained about the additional word limit - there weren't two camps here. Some of us just felt that 500 was a bit restrictive and asked for it to be raised. It's really not a big deal.

Firstly, congratulations on your victory, I can see just how proud you are about it.

Secondly, to presume there aren't two camps is jovial at best. Not everyone has the compulsion to speak out (as do you and I), and even then, people in general are less likely to advocate in support, versus against, especially when a precident against change by way of complaint has already been set. Why would anyone argue to keep the rules as they are, when the rules have stood firm in the past, and bright red letters said to take it or leave it.

Thirdly, let me edit your post "It's not a big deal [to me]", or at least thats how it should have read. I find it a very big deal that the wheels are in motion for a new precedent to be set, allowing what should rightly be described as whining, to get its way. If the contest could be improved upon, why not let it happen, see the results, and then provide suggestions at that point, rather than change the rules by way of forceful rally, threat, and conjecture based on your opinion.

I don't have the time and inclination to get into it any further with you, so by all means take the last (or several last) words we all know are coming, and feel free to convince yourself you are, as always, right. Don't worry about your motivations, they are about as difficult to see through as my car windshield which was just cleaned.

Oh, and while I have your attention, I wanted to let you know that I really do appreciate your contributions to CDO, despite our differences. Your informative posts and fantastic army books are a valued addition to a wonderful community.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Vexxus - 11-29-2010 12:40 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
To be honest with well over a month left at the time of changing it, everyone has a chance to improve it if they were struggling.  The rules change is equally fair to everyone I think.

If I had changed the ruling right near the end it would be different.

I didn't (and don't) see the need for it to be 1000 words, but unlike the GH's where we will get dozens of entries regardless of the rules specifics, a rules based artisans we'll be lucky to get 8 entries.  So in the spirit of trying to make it more inclusive upping the word count was justified in this instance.

In terms of setting a precedent that if people complain and threaten enough the rules will change, this is not. Wink  The GH competitions are always aimed at the majority.  Artisan's we try and get lots of entries but we realise they're not as inclusive.

As to how issues are raised about our competitions, this is something the Staff have been discussing recently.

Just quickly, since we were writing at the same time, I do agree it is "fair" as far as the contest, but I still believe that it changes the contest altogether, by way of emphasis. Still, people will judge for themselves based on their own criteria.

As far as a precedent, I am still concerned, but I appreciate your assurances nonetheless.

Cheers

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Nicodemus - 11-29-2010 12:55 PM

I saw no problem with the previous word limit.  As each entry would have been held to the same word limit it really wouldn't matter how restrictive it was, all of the entries would have been judged against the other entries.  I think we all could have written something in 500 words or less for fluff. Whether it's the best-written RoR ever, or not, the forum is still here to post a follow-up or an update down the road for the winners to fully develop their idea in more florid prose and flesh-out ideas that could only get a brief hint in at 500 words.  

Personally, I'm really mad now... I spent a lot of time writing some of the best and concise fluff ever to get it into the 500 word limit and I think I would have won. Now that I have to double it to make it look competitive it's unfair [to me] and it's just not going to read as well if made much longer!!    
(insert sarcasm here^)

Joking aside - I'm not keen on brown nosing, but I'll throw in my 2-cents here:  When I first signed on to CDO just over a year ago and saw these competitions, I assumed everything was written in stone and inflexible.  I think it should probably really be that way... and conveyed that way too. If I don't like the fact that the next GH is going to be a unit filler for a with a maximum size that I think is too small to be useful given the larger numbers in infantry taken in 8th ED I can a.) not enter because the rules have been set, or b.) enter what I wanted to make, which is something contrary to the rules, in which case the staff can disqualify my entry because it doesn't fit the rules.  Familiarity breeds contempt, and I too feel like I've been around CDO enough to voice my concerns, etc. but at the end of the day I'm not staff and have no say. End of story. I think the staff should feel rightly justified to stick to their guns and present what they like for competitions, at the end of the day none of us have to enter and the staff certainly don't have to spend their time organizing these things for our benefit. It's supposed to be fun for everyone, but only within reason. You can't please everyone all the time.  

~N

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-29-2010 12:58 PM

It's possible you're taking this a little too seriously...

I've explained my point of view regarding what happened. I wasn't aware there were any hard feelings about this issue. I'm not enjoying a "victory" because I wasn't aware there was any kind of conflict taking place. I (and others) just felt that the contest, as it stood, was a little more restrictive than we might like, so we asked for it to be changed. Grim didn't have to change it - he could have insisted that 500 was the golden number and told us to put up or shut up, but obviously he saw our point of view and caved to our (not unreasonable, I felt) demands.

I'm sorry if you think this whole thing is motivated by some kind of malevolent intent, or some sense of self righteousness, or even the desire to dominate this contest, but all that happened was that I really wanted to enter, and had already written an entry that was over the word limit (because I'd misunderstood it initially).

That's all.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-29-2010 02:41 PM

As I have been writing elsewhere, it always pains me to have page after page of discussion about something seen to be unfair in these competition threads.  These are supposed to be positive and encouraging, with those not entering giving ideas to those who are.

The staff do listen to all your feedback, and together with the immortals (those who want to help) we are going to make sure that we reduce the amount of time wasted with negativity.

I am also going to be making damn sure that there are no loopholes left on the GH side and that the Artisans ones have general standards we apply for the different types of competition (for instance any sort of rules one will have X word count max, and story ones will have Y rules, any terrain ones Z).  That way the rules will always be set in stone and we will stop all the controversy that has plagued recent competitions (and others going back over the years).

I do appreciate some of you guys are actually put off entering at all because of all this, that is a failure of us as a forum and as Staff, and it's something I apologise for and will try very hard to stop once and for all.  It also saves me hours of work answering questions and sending angry pm to people. Wink

@Nicodemus
I'm sure people will get bored reading 1000 words anyway. Wink  Mine will probably be a lot shorter than that.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 11-29-2010 02:53 PM

In the spirit of actually encouraging people to join in instead of arguing, here are a couple of resources that will hopefully spark off some ideas for people:

The original RoR contest from this summer Lots of interesting entries in this one.

The 6th Edition Regiments of Renown list that was featured in White Dwarf for people who may not be totally familiar with the basic idea.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Vexxus - 11-29-2010 03:00 PM

Thanks Thommy.

In that same spirit, the following links can help with Chaos Dwarf naming (thanks Cornixt) and fluff:

Chaos Dwarf Name Generator

Chaos Dwarf Names Wiki

Terrain Map (Labelled) of the Dark Lands

For those of you with the Island of Blood Rulebook, some handy page references are the following:

Weapons        p.90
Special Rules   p.66

Best of luck to all who enter!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - cornixt - 11-29-2010 03:13 PM

And if anyone thinks those could be improved then I'd be happy for any input you may have. The name generator was based purely on what I thought they would be (lots of gutteral sounds with Arabic and Russian inspiration) since there are so few CD names mentioned anywhere. Because of that, I am pretty sure it is wrong ;-)

I have noticed that a few usernames on here have used it for their own inspiration. Either that, or I was a lot closer to the general feel of what the names should sound like than I thought.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Willmark - 11-29-2010 04:48 PM

*ominous music*
The later portion of this thread warms my dark side infused mechnical heart. Now I'm off to my hyperbaric chamber to doff my helmet via those cool to mechanical grabbers. But not before I go force choke some rebel scum.
*ominous music*

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 11-29-2010 04:52 PM

Thommy has made an excellent suggestion, which I am happy to do.

A problem I could encounter with this one is that because of the wording of things (if it is weaved in with the rules for instance), me deleting out words could mean things don't make any sense.

So what I will do instead is to delay posting the results until about 48 hours after the competition closes.  This way I can go through and check all the word counts and contact people if they need to delete a bit.  48 hours only though, after which the delete button will be pressed on the extra words...  It's only fair to give people a bit of flexibility if they are a little out and need to change a bit.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - nitroglysarine - 11-29-2010 04:55 PM

That is a VERY good idea, but i'll double check my word count
but I do often fall into the idiot part of the idiot check, so I approve of this change!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Nicodemus - 12-03-2010 12:57 PM

I'm relatively new to WHFB. Given the fact that the only army I have experience with is Chaos Dwarfs and the only official "Army book" I have is the 2-pager Ravening Hordes supplement for CDs ... Can someone point me in the direction where can I look to find a good example of some RoRs? I looked on GWs website to see if there were any pdf articles that I could download but there's nothing.
I'm assuming there must be a format... but I don't know what the "must have" things are.  I can certainly make up an entry but I'm sure it'll be poorly done because it'll be missing things.

Any suggestions and/or links to other "good" RoRs would be welcome.  
~N

PS I haven't forgotten about the Rules Development thread from earlier this year with the RoR entries... already looked at those

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 12-03-2010 02:17 PM

I put a link further up the thread to the 6th Edition Regiments of Renown rules, which should give you the general idea. As far as format goes, I would recommend looking at some of the fan-made Armies books on this site. Mine follows the exact formatting of current Warhammer Armies books so it may be useful to have a look there if you're unfamiliar with some of the basics.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Nicodemus - 12-03-2010 04:38 PM

Thommy H Wrote:
I put a link further up the thread to the 6th Edition Regiments of Renown rules, which should give you the general idea.

OK, Duh, how I missed that I have no idea.  dead  I'll go have my beard shorn off in shame by Stumpy, former leader of the Hobgoblin bomb squad...

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Vexxus - 12-22-2010 04:07 PM

Happy Holidays everyone!

Be sure to get your entries in!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Hashut's Blessing - 12-22-2010 06:14 PM

Ah, buggery. Gotta get on with this, lol Tongue

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Nicodemus - 12-22-2010 08:59 PM

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Ah, buggery. Gotta get on with this, lol Tongue

You and me both brother... just got back from 2 weeks vacation in Hawaii and feel the need for some quality evil stunty time!

~N

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - nitroglysarine - 12-23-2010 05:36 AM

must get the idea into print.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Nicodemus - 12-24-2010 03:55 PM

After having just gotten back from a long vacation away I went back over the rules for the contest.... After reading the Optional things again I may not to enter. The 1 Wound bit ended it for me even though it wasn't exactly a "lord" in the unit it was a model that necessarily needed more than 1W.  While I could write up something entirely different (i.e. a special blunderbuss unit) I'm not as enthused with what I might otherwise come up with. I'll post my RoR to my blog after the judging is done.  Still looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!

~N

PS.... I had ideally wanted to do some play testing on the 27th with my previous RoR, if I can write up another RoR from scratch before the 27th and get it finished up by the deadline I will, but it's so hectic over the holidays that it may be a lost cause to get something done to play test in 2-3 days time Tongue

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Thommy H - 12-24-2010 05:15 PM

I think you misread:

Quote:
You can include a named champion for your regiment.  They may have an additional wound and not count as a hero.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Nicodemus - 12-24-2010 11:09 PM

Thommy H Wrote:
I think you misread:

Quote:

I did see that too.

Essentially I had a 3W Hero/Lord level equivalent sorcerer character who lead the unit.  While I could shoe horn him in to fit the rules I'd rather keep it as I intended and just write it up separately.  Basically, to tie him in to the fluff I wrote (and what I want for my own army) he needed to be a powerful Lv 4 Sorcerer who found a way of dissipating some of the Sorcerer's Curse of petrification by distributing its effects on to the bodies of slaves Wink  The mechanics of the ability meant that he had to stay close to the unit though, so he wouldn't really be used on his own (i.e. he wouldn't leave the unit to join other units without him suffering massive penalty like forcing him to have a Movement of 1 or something).  

I started working on another RoR but it's lacking on the well-thought-out theme/flavour dept at present :/

~N

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Zanko - 12-26-2010 06:27 AM

I wanted to send my entry today but the e-mail address is no more valid! Sad

To what address should I send my entry now?

Hashut!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 12-27-2010 04:50 PM

Others have been able to send it to that address.

Let's see a few more entries in now that we are past christmas.  We've had 3 so far, 4 with Zanko

I've done the rules part, just need to write the fluff for mine.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Nicodemus - 01-01-2011 05:50 AM

.. Oh my... I may finally have something that can be entered by the deadline Wink

Yikes.
~N

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 01-01-2011 09:41 AM

Just a reminder this closes tommorow (11:59pm EST).

*Cracks whip*

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - BilboBaggins - 01-01-2011 10:20 AM

Good thing I sent mine in a while ago.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Obsidian - 01-02-2011 09:01 AM

Sorry to say I did not manage to finish. Real life stepped up and consumed all the fun out. Guess I'll be saving '' Borzak's Mutant Berserkers' for a later date...

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Baggronor - 01-02-2011 10:00 AM

Hm. Annoying. I completely missed the deadline, thought it was the 5th for some reason Mad

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Hashut's Blessing - 01-02-2011 12:07 PM

I just didn't get back online after the Winter festivities of seeing my family down South...

Still, I can always get to work with revealing my thoughts anyhow Wink

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Nicodemus - 01-02-2011 05:16 PM

Phew... entry in with a bit of time left to go Wink

Hopefully there will be more than 10 entries to help out with spreading medals around!

~N

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 01-03-2011 11:22 AM

We had 6 entries, about average it seems for a rules based one.

I'll sort through them later to see what (if anything) needs changing and send out pm as required.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Hashut's Blessing - 01-03-2011 03:37 PM

Can't wait to see the entries! Thoroughly kicking myself for not getting online sooner so that I could sort this out. Really should do it as soon as it's announced...

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - ingtar_shinowa - 01-03-2011 05:27 PM

i should have done an entry :-(

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - nitroglysarine - 01-03-2011 05:50 PM

ran out of time, to busy over christmas, and just got a part time job! huzzah!

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - Grimstonefire - 01-03-2011 08:29 PM

The good news is that most of the entries didn't need any changes.  I've contacted everyone who needs to change something.

The voting thread should be up thursday or friday.

RE: Artisan's IX - Regiment of Renown - BilboBaggins - 01-03-2011 08:48 PM

Can't wait till we see the unique entries.