CDO Forums
Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV (/showthread.php?tid=9425)

Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Xander - 06-03-2011 09:55 AM

Evil At Heart

Welcome one-and-all, to the 15th Golden Hat modeling and painting competition!

We are pleased to announce that this Golden Hat has been sponsored by Mantic Games!  They have offered up prizes for contestants placing 3rd, 2nd and 1st!

Mantic Games Wrote:
Yes, absolutely we'd love to do some giveaways with you guys. We could do a Black Souls Regiment (20 Warriors) worth £20 for 3rd prize, Abyssal Dwarf Half-Breed cavalry worth £35 for 2nd and an Abyssal Dwarf Army Set worth £50 for 1st prize? How does that sound to you?

That sounds awesome to me!

In addition, I want to have some random-draw giveaways so that any participant will have a chance to win a prize.  If you want to contribute a prize, you must be willing to pay for the shipping to send it to a fellow member. I am donating my Big Hat Death rocket. Happy

Random Prize Draw Items (donated by members):
- Death Rocket with Crewman (Xander)
- Dronzak Bannerfist [MM90 Standard Bearer] (clam)

Subject Matter
As we all know, the look-and-feel of the evil-hearted Dwarfs have a long and storied history that includes many different styles.  Be it Helms, Hats or Masks (or some combination of the three), we all have our favourite variety.  With many miniatures companies throwing their hat in ring, the evil-hearted Dwarfs are finally having their day in the sun!

So, what faction do you represent?

The challenge for Golden Hat #15 is to create a single Evil Dwarf Infantryman on a 20mm base that represents your idea of the perfect Evil Dwarf.  

The model should be a rank and file trooper.  Any equipment is allowed: hand-weapon and sheild, great weapon, any variety of firearm. Just make sure the model is not a hero, champion, musician or standard bearer.  You can convert or model your own figure, or use any existing model from any applicable miniatures range. Just make sure it is fully painted (though WIP shots of any conversion or modeling work are welcome).

Basing
20mm - A small amount of scenic basing is allowed, but bare in mind the model should represent a run-of-the-mill trooper of whatever unit type he (or she?) happens to be.

Diorama style bases are not allowed.

The full rules for basing can be found here.

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

When is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM June 30th, 2011 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (You have around 4 weeks to complete your entry)

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, I "highly advise" that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.
- If you place in the top 3, you'll win a prize, courtesy of Mantic Games

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

Entries will count towards a veteran medal.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.  Ideally pm one of the staff as it's less likely to be missed.

Summary:
Subject Matter:  Create an evil dwarf infantryman on a 20mm base.
Due Date: 11:59 PM June 30th, 2011 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

Also, I am revealing now that we will be running the 16th Golden Hat from July-August and it will likely have a Warhammer Forge theme (so don't worry!). More on this later!

So that's it, get cracking! What does the perfect Evil Dwarf warrior look like? Cheers!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Thommy H - 06-03-2011 10:01 AM

I have a funny feeling this one is going to get a lot of entries...

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - zobo1942 - 06-03-2011 10:14 AM

Corporate sponsors? Well done!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - gIL^ - 06-03-2011 10:18 AM

Big love to Mantic i would buy more minis but i already 100's on mantic stuff Big Grin

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Dino - 06-03-2011 10:33 AM

I'm so in. Need to get some mantic minis first.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-03-2011 10:35 AM

Mantic just arose one or two steps in my eyes. Those Halfbreed Cavalry seem really interesting, they look a bit better than their ordinary infantry, and Bull Centaurs stand-ins are certainly welcome. If I'm able to find my digital camera (lost at home...) or borrow one, I'll enter. Had planned to do so anyway, if the theme wasn't too hard to meet. With a sponsor, it got even better.

Good theme, by the way! I had hoped for a different entry, which would allow me to enter a Chaos Dwarf woman with an infant that I'm currently sculpting, but you cannot have everything served at your table.

Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - clam - 06-03-2011 10:36 AM

I'll be more than happy to donate a Four A Miniature Dronzak Bannerfist - or shall we call him the MM90 Standard Bearer Big Grin

And yes, I predict lots of entries - and lots of new members - should be cool watching.

Sadly we'll all be painting the same miniature - the skull face MM90 - best one ever made Big Grin

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - fonejaker - 06-03-2011 10:42 AM

I have two ideas that I think might work

Shame it has to be a normal infantry man, i got a ace captain that would work wonders as my representations of a chaos dwarft >_<

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Zanko - 06-03-2011 10:42 AM

I'm definitely in! Big Grin

Momentary I have no idea what mini I will paint but I'm sure I will find an appropriate one! Wink

At the weekend I will have a look for a model which I could donate!

Hashut!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Kered - 06-03-2011 11:01 AM

It's too soon for me to cast my infantry I'v already made so I'll just have to sculpt a new one from scratch.

I look forward to seeing the range of the different entries.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Thorne - 06-03-2011 11:05 AM

Oh god damn ! ! ! ! ! ! mental news Im all over this like jam on toast Big Grin Gives me a chance to do something fun. Simply put I have some mental ideas what I can do with sculpting something new. Not to mention sponsorship for this from Mantic games too. Huge shock, I always thought highly of their ethos and design. Perhaps a sign of things to come I hope.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Xander - 06-03-2011 11:10 AM

I think the best part about this is that it will be a celebration of the diversity!  We'll get to see so many styles and looks.  I can't wait to see how this turns out.  And the 4 week turn around time means it will be hard to procrastinate and forget about the contest.  

Everyone should get started now! Wink

EDIT: A small bit of clarification.  If you want to use a model that is meant to be a Hero/Champion/Captain as a starting point for a conversion, you can, provided the final model ends up looking like a regular trooper.

Bear in mind that if your model still looks too hero-like, the vox populi may punish you when it comes time to vote on the winners. Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Grimstonefire - 06-03-2011 12:51 PM

I'll try and give this a go I think.

Can't argue with free stuff involved.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - cornixt - 06-03-2011 02:01 PM

There are so many evil dwarf models out now, there's not even a need to convert.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Nazhur - 06-03-2011 02:55 PM

A very intersting competition as it´s a basic dwarf warrior that hsall be painted. Very good. The prizes are just toping on the icecream Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Golder Goldeater - 06-03-2011 04:13 PM

I have a good, self sculpted model for this competition!
Hopefully I'll place 2nd! Tongue Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Ishkur Cinderhat - 06-03-2011 04:44 PM

Oh boy.. prizes galore! Awesome! Now where are those sneaky workshop slaves of mine hiding...

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Da Crusha - 06-03-2011 04:56 PM

wow! what a surprise!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Thommy H - 06-03-2011 05:04 PM

I've knocked Mantic in the past for various things (because, as everyone knows, I'm an equal-opportunities hater, except when it comes to Scibor) but this is exactly the kind of marketing that a small, up-and-coming company needs to be doing. I appreciate even paying lip service to the idea of giving people good value (and, conversely, reserve a special contempt for those who don't even bother pandering to their customers *coughNestlecough*) so to do something which really is just pretty generous goes a long way towards making me think they've got a good thing going here.

I still don't think the Abyssal Dwarfs are that great, but I'll take anything that's free.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - vulcanologist - 06-03-2011 05:04 PM

Great competition can't wait ... Also means I can now post my pics of my iron demon that I was holding back in case it was forgeworld themed!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - tjub - 06-03-2011 05:16 PM

Really cool, big up to Mantic for this!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Pyro Stick - 06-03-2011 06:37 PM

Cooool. When i saw the thread title i was worried it was going to be mantic models only but this is going to be great. I know exactly what im going to paint.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Da Crusha - 06-03-2011 07:11 PM

I still have no idea what Im going to do, or if I have time to focus on it.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 06-03-2011 08:52 PM

so cool!! cudo's for mantic. i'm defiantly joining in!!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-04-2011 03:26 AM

Awesome! Kudos to Mantic, they are cool guys =D
Mine´s almost finished haha.
Man I want to end second place, those half-breed dwarfs are awesome centaur proxys!

Edit: just needs basing!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Ishkur Cinderhat - 06-04-2011 05:39 AM

Borador Wrote:
Awesome! Kudos to Mantic, they are cool guys =D
Mine´s almost finished haha.
Man I want to end second place, those half-breed dwarfs are awesome centaur proxys!

Edit: just needs basing!

That's not how it's supposed to work, you can't finish your entry within 24 hours after the competition has been announced. Finishing in the last two hours before deadline is the traditional proper way of entering. Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-04-2011 05:45 AM

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:

That's not how it's supposed to work, you can't finish your entry within 24 hours after the competition has been announced. Finishing in the last two hours before deadline is the traditional proper way of entering. Wink

Haha I know, I saw it sitting on my desk and thought I'd might aswell finish it Tongue Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Obsidian - 06-04-2011 05:51 AM

I like the theme a lot! Same as Thommy H I've not been impressed much by Mantic's stuff (although those centaur thingies actually look quite nice!) but I really applaud their support!

Now let's see what I can come up with...

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - fonejaker - 06-04-2011 01:41 PM

My entry was finished 25 mins after the competition was announced

i was painting it
looked at computer
saw this thread
took photos
sent them off

I got like a month to chill now and revise for my exams Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-04-2011 02:25 PM

My pictures are coming in next weekend Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - ryanamandaanna - 06-04-2011 10:11 PM

Dude, this totally rocks!  Count me in!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - G.2 - 06-05-2011 05:28 AM

fonejaker Wrote:
My entry was finished 25 mins after the competition was announced...

Good work!!! I havn't even thought about what I am going to paint....well actually I have thought about it, but I have not decided which way to go.

Your keeness deserves to be rewarded....I am handing you over some of my slaves.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Obsidian - 06-05-2011 01:07 PM

Started the first work on my entry and to my own surprise I got a pretty clear idea of what I want which should help me to finish him quite fast! Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Redarmy27 - 06-05-2011 03:05 PM

Well, I'm new here, so I guess I better give it a try, haha.

Jake

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - nitroglysarine - 06-05-2011 03:20 PM

SWEET! love you mantic!!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - inkpwn - 06-05-2011 04:31 PM

5 seconds after reading this I  started work on converting a mantic dwarf. Just waiting for some greenstuff to harden....

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Hashut's Blessing - 06-06-2011 04:17 AM

Well, I think this is one time where I can't fail to enter, but time will tell. Must keep remembering to get on with this.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - nitroglysarine - 06-06-2011 04:24 AM

On top of this I already have an idea for a standard trooper, Now just to get it painted, easiest GH for me yet! (just need to perfect it)

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Lord Archaon - 06-06-2011 02:45 PM

Awesome news! I'll have my last exam at 15 of june and then I'll start working on my entry. Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Redhammer - 06-06-2011 05:08 PM

Well, I'll throw my big hat in the ring this time.  My lord an taurus didn't get finished in time before, but this time?  I have one on my bench already.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - warh - 06-06-2011 06:16 PM

Got a idea! hope I will finnish it, as I forgot the brush slave and I don't have time for both Tongue

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - lord marcus - 06-06-2011 06:58 PM

I will be entering.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Shinobi - 06-07-2011 06:34 AM

Is the contest limited to people located in USA/UK??? Not that I stand much chance of winning, but shipping to the tropics isn't cheap!!!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Hashut's Blessing - 06-07-2011 06:53 AM

No geographical limitations are in place.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - t5p1ny - 06-07-2011 10:32 AM

hey, do you guys make any drawing/painting contests?

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Xander - 06-07-2011 11:05 AM

Mantic has linked to us: http://www.manticblog.com/?p=3685

Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Da Crusha - 06-07-2011 07:18 PM

Xander Wrote:
Mantic has linked to us: http://www.manticblog.com/?p=3685

wow, this is sure going to up the ante.

t5p1ny Wrote:
hey, do you guys make any drawing/painting contests?

yeah, keep an eye out for the artisan contest for art/fluff stuff.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Tarrakk Blackhand - 06-08-2011 04:18 PM

Only one entry? This shold be a cinch! I like the sponsor's idea! Awesome stuff!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-08-2011 04:33 PM

Hmm redid my painting, he looks better now ^^
Man I am curious to see all entries!!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - tjub - 06-09-2011 12:59 AM

I really like when GHs are just one model, mine is ready for painting. But Im already wondering if I should try another concept, there is much time left and loads of ideas... Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - wallacer - 06-09-2011 01:29 AM

It's a pity all my GW CD figures are painted.
I guess I could enter one of the Forgeworld Infernal guard.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Abecedar - 06-09-2011 01:40 AM

aaargh, I'm still trying to decide what to try and do

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Thorne - 06-09-2011 07:14 AM

Mantic sponsoring the prizes for Carpe Nocturn and Chaos Dwarves Online, I do wonder if they have found the orc community too ?

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Obsidian - 06-09-2011 08:41 AM

If not, I'm sure they will soon! Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-12-2011 05:44 AM

entered ^^

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - vulcanologist - 06-13-2011 05:57 AM

Mine's well underway should hopefully finish it Tonight. Very Very simple model I'm entering this time so no chance of a medal! Looking forward to seeing everyone else's entries as usual though!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Hashut's Blessing - 06-13-2011 07:28 AM

Got mine barely started after sorting out pieces. Building 19 others at the same time, so it's one way of getting a unit made, lol. At least I'll have 20 choices to decide between to enter Big Grin

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Pyro Stick - 06-13-2011 08:49 AM

Finally got a new can of undercoat today so im going to be starting my entry tonight.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Golder Goldeater - 06-13-2011 12:45 PM

Happy I just sent mine! Happy
I think he looks exactly like I wanted him to.
But he is not the regular mask/hat style dwarf so you may dismiss him as a blasphemy.
But anyway I hope you'll like him and I can't wait to see what you came up with.Takes Hat off

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Obsidian - 06-14-2011 06:24 AM

Just re-read and saw the dealine is 30 june! Shock Seeing I'm going on holidays this week I hope I can make it... Sad

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Ishkur Cinderhat - 06-14-2011 01:22 PM

Sure you can. My entry has not yet even made the jump into the third dimension! Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Blue in VT - 06-15-2011 11:10 AM

Takes Hat off

Inspiration has finally struck!  I've been quite stumped on what to do for this contest....but last night in the wee hours (after I photographed my BS 5 entry)...when I should have been sawing logs...Tongue...I was rummaging through my collection of odds and ends...and finally got a good idea...and off I went...chopping...clipping and filing...now I know why people prefer plastic for conversions...cutting large chunks of white metal is a bitch!

This figure will see me really pushing my GS "skills" so I hope I don't embarrass myself...Unsure

Cheers,

Blue

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Hashut's Blessing - 06-17-2011 07:06 AM

Well, I'm getting on with mine also. Hatted and beweaponed 10 of my easy-convert guys, just got my 10 not-so-easy-convert guys. Just gotta remove bits, add beards, edit weapons, add bits and then I et to spray and paint everything!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - vulcanologist - 06-17-2011 07:10 AM

Hooray! Entry finished, photographed and sent in! With time to spare too!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 06-20-2011 12:29 PM

I've started on my entry. And i'm actually sculpting (trying to) greenstuff.

Having oodles of fun (:

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Ishkur Cinderhat - 06-20-2011 01:40 PM

Jeez.. I'm not sure I will be able to enter something this time.. I'm currently increasing the numbers of my Grey Knights force and finding the right tone and style for a truly impressive chaos dwarf warrior is getting ever more difficult. Sad

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - snowblizz - 06-20-2011 01:48 PM

Wow, and I thought I was the last one to start...

...at least my efforts and creating a figure (why did I pick this time to give it a first go?) is done and it's now undercoated. How I'm going to get paint to some places is still a mystery though.

And hopefully I won't need a paint that has dried up on me...

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - nitroglysarine - 06-20-2011 02:02 PM

Not started yet either, but I at least have a bit of an idea!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-20-2011 03:04 PM

This might actually increase my chance of getting to a possible round two! Tongue Wink

But now being serious again: come on guys, you can do it! We all want to see those entries! (at least I do Wink )

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - RTMaitreya - 06-21-2011 05:29 PM

I am actually going to try my butt off to enter this.  I had an idea bopping around for my official start to my "look" for my army. . . oh for about 6 months now.  

I have started the conversion already, and it was EASY!  What the hell have I been waiting for?  All this hand wringing and I could have a unit done by now, instead of working on the first trooper.

RTM

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 06-21-2011 08:44 PM

damn, that green stuff takes hours to dry. I really like working with it but it takes forever...

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-22-2011 12:38 AM

@Bolg: had that aswell, but I am using procreate now! ProCreate dries very fast!
(google procreate epoxy putty, note: you dont want their Stickputty, that stuff dries in a matter of seconds, it's not workable at all, only nice for like armatures and such!)

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Shinobi - 06-22-2011 02:32 AM

Due to real life......... I have only just assembled my selected model, painting will begin tonight, hopefully will be finished by the weekend so that I have time to take sum piccys and submit........ must...... buy...... more...... coffee...... Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Mahtipakarat - 06-22-2011 02:58 AM

WOAAH!

I almost missed this one! like I did the last one, and the one before that. Now It's such a simple task of painting one model. Even I think I can manage it. Must get started...

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 06-22-2011 08:02 AM

Borador Wrote:
@Bolg: had that aswell, but I am using procreate now! ProCreate dries very fast!
(google procreate epoxy putty, note: you dont want their Stickputty, that stuff dries in a matter of seconds, it's not workable at all, only nice for like armatures and such!)

Thanx. I'll check it out. but I just got my hands on some more green stuff so I'll finish that first.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Blue in VT - 06-22-2011 10:36 AM

Takes Hat off

I ignored the wife and kids last night and focused on my figure...and got the assembly finished...the GS work is not perfect but pretty good for a newbie like me.  Now I just have to paint it up!

Cheers,

Blue

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Thorne - 06-22-2011 11:47 AM

Lucky for me I haven't painted a darn thing for an age of my chaos dwarves as I'm more focused on my squat force now that said I do have near 4 regiments to paint of CDs so I'll likely submit one of them and hope Tongue

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-22-2011 11:49 AM

You know what I think we should do? We should make an anonymous poll so you can vote "I'm in!" when you have entered, that way it's more clear how much entries there are/how much slaves you will get!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - tjub - 06-22-2011 01:40 PM

Hopefully Ill get mine painted tomorrow, it has been finished for a while...

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - G.2 - 06-23-2011 03:01 AM

I couldn't even fathom starting to sculpt something, as I am complete noob at sculpting. So I just started painted one of my favourite Chaos Dwarf minis. The first attempt was a complete waste of 5 hours. The colour scheme was all wrong, and everytime I tried to fix it (usually by adding another colour), it started to look like a real freak-show. So I took a day off work today, and I painted another mini, but in a completely different colour scheme, and now I am just waiting for the paint to dry on the base, and I will take some photos, hopefully in next 2-3 hours, and I should be done.

Good luck to everyone else who is still going, especially to the sculptors.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-23-2011 03:10 AM

@G.2
Curious to see what you came up with!
I could have used a selfsculpted mini (have a few unpainted and never-before-shown ones lying around) but I just painted a classic chaos dwarf aswell Tongue Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - G.2 - 06-23-2011 07:37 AM

Borador Wrote:
@G.2
Curious to see what you came up with!

I have just submitted my entry. So you will see it soon enough.

Borador Wrote:
...I just painted a classic chaos dwarf aswell

I look forward to see it. I will see if I can recognise it, by looking for "your style".

Good Luck.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - tjub - 06-23-2011 08:19 AM

G.2 Wrote:
I will see if I can recognise it, by looking for "your style".

Its half the fun, to see how many entrys you can pin down... Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Zanko - 06-23-2011 09:09 AM

Damn ... Sick

I nearly finished my entry yesterday evening and then ... I made a stupid mistake! Mad

So I stripped the model and began to paint it again ...

What the hell! Wink

I hope I will have enough time!

Hashut!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-23-2011 10:10 AM

tjub Wrote:

G.2 Wrote:
I will see if I can recognise it, by looking for "your style".

Its half the fun, to see how many entrys you can pin down... Happy

Haha it is indeed!

@G.2: I'll try to spot out yours aswell (: thanks, you good luck aswell!

@Zanko: hope you are able to finish it in time, good luck mate!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 06-23-2011 11:23 AM

So the last bit of greenstuff is applied. Monday I have time to paint (:

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - fonejaker - 06-23-2011 06:15 PM

I think this one is going to be easy to guess who's chaos dwarf is who's,

We all have different styles that make chaos dwarfs such a awesome race with so many variations and styles............... this will be a good one!!!!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-23-2011 09:31 PM

Soon finished with the sculpting. Hopefully the camera pictures will show up well enough.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-24-2011 12:30 AM

@Admiral: try using macro, good for closeups. (usually the icon looks like a flower)

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Mahtipakarat - 06-24-2011 04:49 AM

Just finished my model, but the weather is so dark that I cant take proper pictures yet. Maybe tomorrow is a better day :-).

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 06-24-2011 07:54 PM

Got plans for monday. now I just have to paint it on tuesday... No stress (;

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Zanko - 06-25-2011 03:39 AM

Begun to paint again ... hope I will manage it till the deadline!

Hashut!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - tjub - 06-27-2011 04:23 PM

Yay, just sent mine in! Big Grin

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-27-2011 09:00 PM

Borador Wrote:
@Admiral: try using macro, good for closeups. (usually the icon looks like a flower)

Good tip!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Shinobi - 06-27-2011 09:34 PM

Doesn't look like I can enter..... dammit..... just can't get time to paint the figure, unless I can somehow get tomorrow off work then post pics on Thurs............ Looking forward to seeing the entries.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Obsidian - 06-28-2011 04:38 AM

Back from holiday and dislocated my shoulder! Not able to finish what i started...

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - G.2 - 06-28-2011 05:30 AM

Obsidian Wrote:
Back from holiday and dislocated my shoulder! Not able to finish what i started...

Ouch!! That sounds very painful. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-28-2011 07:07 AM

G.2 Wrote:

Obsidian Wrote:

Ouch!! That sounds very painful. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery.

Seconded, hope you get well soon mate!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-28-2011 07:30 AM

Obsidian Wrote:

Bad luck, there. I hope you'll recover with quick speed.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Golder Goldeater - 06-28-2011 09:53 AM

@ Obsidian: OUCH! dead ... I wish you a speedy recovery then. Cheers!

PS; 2 days left Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Obsidian - 06-28-2011 10:09 AM

Thanks all. I have a returning problem with my shoulders. It pops out sometimes whenI over reach it. Normally it goes back in easy but this time however i had to go to the hospital to get it popped back in...

Btw, posted what I was working on in my blog;

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4754&pid=163773#pid163773

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - clam - 06-28-2011 10:21 AM

Sorry to here Obsidian, as it looked very promising. Hope you find the time to finish it even without GH.

I've finished my entry, but haven't done pictures yet. But 2 days left for that, right? Got all the time in the world Tongue

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - tjub - 06-28-2011 11:23 AM

Obsidian Wrote:

That sucks... But I hope to see your work in your blog once its finished! Wink

Edit: Doh! Tongue

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Zanko - 06-28-2011 01:50 PM

I finished my entry just now!

I'm not really satisfied but this GH I had not much time and accident didn't make it better ... Unsure

I hope you will like my entry nontheless! Cheers!

Hashut!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-28-2011 03:53 PM

clam Wrote:
I've finished my entry, but haven't done pictures yet. But 2 days left for that, right? Got all the time in the world Tongue

That's dangerous thinking! A suddenly shut-down imageschack account and... dead

No, it won't be any problem to hand the pictures over to the staff in time. Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-28-2011 04:19 PM

Admiral Wrote:

That's dangerous thinking! A suddenly shut-down imageschack account and... dead

Ooooh that sounds like quite an evil plan, will put my slaves on that matter! Evil idea Tongue Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - clam - 06-28-2011 04:34 PM

Lol - yeah, you right better get it done Big Grin

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-28-2011 04:45 PM

clam Wrote:
Lol - yeah, you right better get it done Big Grin

not so fast! My hobgoblin slaves are not that keen with computers, this way they can never sabotage you! Tongue Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Hashut's Blessing - 06-28-2011 05:20 PM

Hope the healing goes well.

Well, I was delayed by a trip back to Essex, but I managed to get the sculpting finished today. Got a smidge of gluing to do and buy some primer tomorrow after my intervew then spray them, wait to dry and get painting!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-28-2011 05:46 PM

Borador Wrote:
Ooooh that sounds like quite an evil plan, will put my slaves on that matter! Evil idea Tongue Wink

You won't have to! The pictures came out quite bad (first time in years I got to grips with the camera - scanners work better), but it's no damage in entering the competition even though one cannot win, right? Funny thing, my brother's entry got messed up most by the camera, probably because it has a lot of lava glow effects. Well, I'll win over him at least. Big Grin

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - ryanamandaanna - 06-28-2011 10:43 PM

just threw my hat in.  Big Grin

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Abecedar - 06-28-2011 11:22 PM

Mines in.  As usual the painting skills don't match or really bring the evilness of the model.  But Yeh another model painted this year, that makes 14 painted in 6 months and I've bought 350 or so.   Thats 4 percent.  I'm doomed with the painting pledge, failing big time.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Dino - 06-28-2011 11:44 PM

I have my entry done and in. Looking forward to seeing everybody else has done.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-29-2011 12:40 AM

Admiral Wrote:

Borador Wrote:

You won't have to! The pictures came out quite bad (first time in years I got to grips with the camera - scanners work better), but it's no damage in entering the competition even though one cannot win, right? Funny thing, my brother's entry got messed up most by the camera, probably because it has a lot of lava glow effects. Well, I'll win over him at least. Big Grin

Oh no, that is quite the bad news? What camera do you have? Maybe someone knows a trick so you can still make the pictures!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-29-2011 03:53 AM

Borador Wrote:
Oh no, that is quite the bad news? What camera do you have? Maybe someone knows a trick so you can still make the pictures!

Hnah, it's easy - this is only done for the fun. I don't have the camera available at the moment, since a relative is taking its pictures to a computer. I relearned to handle it quite well yesterday, but came to a certain point where the photos would not improve further. The colours look odd when compared to the real miniature, but I understand that this is common. I'll take a look at the photo tutorial on the forum and see if I missed something.

But anyway, it'll be fun to see all ol' school entries, for sure! Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Abecedar - 06-29-2011 06:11 AM

Yeah. Took photos with my fuji and then with my daughters canon and even the background came out a different colour. Even though hers has a better macro I went with my older as it looked better.  ( a better macro see's closer and hence crappier paint work)

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-29-2011 04:44 PM

Yay, there went the entries. I'm not used to making pictures with views pasted in from different angles, but a single-photo picture will have to do.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - EEJR - 06-29-2011 04:46 PM

Admiral Wrote:
Yay, there went the entries. I'm not used with making pictures with views pasted in from different angles, but it'll have to do.

Yup, mine's in, at least.

We painted the miniatures in tandem. The bases of our entries turned up too similar in the end, despite using different colours and washes. And none of us would yield - black rims FTW. But my CD is more fiery. Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Hashut's Blessing - 06-29-2011 07:13 PM

Was hoping to get the last gluing and the spray done today. Looks like I'm doing that tomorrow and trying to paint and post them swiftly!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-29-2011 07:35 PM

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Was hoping to get the last gluing and the spray done today. Looks like I'm doing that tomorrow and trying to paint and post them swiftly!

Isn't it better to paint the first layer rather than prime it? It saves drying time. Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 06-29-2011 08:01 PM

Pictures are send in.
The battery of my camera died during the shoot, luckily 2 pics came up good enough.

Looking forward to seeing all the entries (:

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - snowblizz - 06-30-2011 06:51 AM

Pictures sent in! Painted it "finished" a day or so ago, but totally forgot I maybe need to take pictures as well...
At least camera held out but it did start flashing low battery.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - vulcanologist - 06-30-2011 06:55 AM

Well done Snowblizz can't wait to see all these entries!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Willmark - 06-30-2011 07:40 AM

Reminder everyone deadline is tonight at 11:59 EST.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - clam - 06-30-2011 08:44 AM

Made it! My entry is photographed, uploaded and PM is now sent Big Grin A bit more time next, please Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-30-2011 08:58 AM

clam Wrote:
Made it! My entry is photographed, uploaded and PM is now sent Big Grin A bit more time next, please Wink

But we had all the time in the world! Big Grin

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Golder Goldeater - 06-30-2011 09:12 AM

I am looking forward to see what you came up with Clam.
Your entries are always among the most interesting onesCheers!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Blue in VT - 06-30-2011 09:45 AM

I'm very close...as usual it will be the last minute but I will make it!

Cheers,

Blue

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-30-2011 10:06 AM

Hmm dang, gotta send my hobbos on an IT course, they didnt manage to sabotage you clam!!
Luckily they CAN cut powercables quite well, so you better hurry up blue Evil idea

Haha ;p

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - snowblizz - 06-30-2011 10:45 AM

Willmark Wrote:
Reminder everyone deadline is tonight at 11:59 EST.

And that's what in GMT?

One of my pet peeves. Americans who give deadlines in timezones I don't know. Happens to me a lot with my scientific publishing (attempts) so it's not like I'm just being particular. It's very annoying when you have to dig around to find out what timezone this or that body considers their "home" one.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - clam - 06-30-2011 11:41 AM

snowblizz Wrote:

And that's what in GMT?

New York time zone, I think - so tomorrow at 05.00 a.m. GMT.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Thommy H - 06-30-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:
One of my pet peeves. Americans who give deadlines in timezones I don't know.

What timezone are they supposed to use? Since not everyone lives in the same timezone, someone is always going to have to work in one they're not familiar with. The servers are on the east coast of America so, if it's going to be arbitrary which is chosen (and it is) then they might as well pick one that has a little logic to it.

Plus, seriously, it takes all of about 5 seconds to Google how far ahead or behind a certain timezone is.

And you shouldn't be leaving it 'till the last minute anyway! Just send it in a day or two early if it's that confusing, then you know you'll be fine.

Sorry: one of my pet peeves is people complaining about timezones. It has to be in one, and it's not jingoism that motivates this particular choice, clearly.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - snowblizz - 06-30-2011 12:54 PM

Thommy H Wrote:

Quote:
One of my pet peeves. Americans who give deadlines in timezones I don't know.

What timezone are they supposed to use?

GMT. That's the default after all.

Thommy H Wrote:
Since not everyone lives in the same timezone, someone is always going to have to work in one they're not familiar with. The servers are on the east coast of America so, if it's going to be arbitrary which is chosen (and it is) then they might as well pick one that has a little logic to it.

But then I need to figure out that where the servers are. Or what "mountain time" is or "hawaiian time" or all kinds of curious clues as to where the person is located. Wouldn't it just be easier to tell me in relation to the universal standard where you are.
Maybe I'm the only one to define other timezones in relation to GMT.
But it would be much easier if everyone would translate their time into GMT and then I can interpret that, instead of trying to figure out what the original timezone is supposed to be.
And it's not really arbitrary at all, I'm just asking that it be defined to the "standard measure".
In many cases it works to my advantage in so far as the deadline is "later" than me, and most are, but usually I loose any advantage from not being too sure what the time will really mean for me.

Thommy H Wrote:
Plus, seriously, it takes all of about 5 seconds to Google how far ahead or behind a certain timezone is.

It's not about how far ahead or behind, it's just that I don't know what they are. And I'm not always on-line capable. PST, CET, CAT they mean little to me, but I do know almost automatically what my time is in relation to Greenwich Mean Time. I see it in same way we use English on the site, it's "default" so to speak.
Seriously, why can't people who post times do that so thousands of people don't have to waste those 5 seconds?

Thommy H Wrote:
And you shouldn't be leaving it 'till the last minute anyway! Just send it in a day or two early if it's that confusing, then you know you'll be fine.

And that's what I end up doing mostly. In many cases I could do with a few hours of extra polishing though. More than once I've later realised I had about a day left if I only could have managed to bend my head around what the time was supposed to be.
In a perfect world I'd only have the one thing to do. And could control how "inspiration" takes. You're a creative writer, yes? So you should know that it's difficult to push something out when it doesn't want to come.

Thommy H Wrote:
Sorry: one of my pet peeves is people complaining about timezones. It has to be in one, and it's not jingoism that motivates this particular choice, clearly.

But why can't it be the *standard* one. Why does it always have to be in one's personal timezone. I don't care what the motivation is. I'm just saying it would be more convenient using what is the defacto standard. Is that really too much to ask?
It's just a general thing. But at least here someone might care. I've spent enough late nights trying to figure out what Brisbane time is and how that will affect the deadline just in case I got it wrong to not say something.

Don't even get me started on Fahrenheit....

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Thommy H - 06-30-2011 01:04 PM

You know GMT is a timezone too, right? It's only the default for historical reasons. It's not actually better or easier, like metric compared to imperial measurements. And while you might know offhand what your timezone is in relation to GMT, I'm betting that's not the case for anyone outside of Europe.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 06-30-2011 01:08 PM

I forsee, with my keen third eye, a time zone debate, which will most likely be totally off topic. If you wish to discuss this matter, please post a thread in Site suggestions or the off topic section. Thanks in advance (:

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Xander - 06-30-2011 01:58 PM

GMT-5

I finished my model last night with Vexxus.  I will be taking my pics after work while there is plenty of sunlight.

Sounds like a lot of people are entering! Which is great news!  I will try to get the contest voting online as soon as I can.  It may take some hours though, based on the number of entries!

As for "not having enough time", I only gave one month for two reasons. 1) It's only one miniature, and 2) I want to do a second contest this summer. Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - cornixt - 06-30-2011 02:09 PM

Time zones are a speciality of mine, so I'd be happy to discuss this some more in another thread. To put it simply, the eastern US timezone is probably the first or second most used in the western world (competing with Central European). Only Iceland is using GMT right now (technically UTC0) due to summer time changes so that would be far more confusing.

So we use the timezone of the person organising the competition, and it is a very well known timezone.

Five hours out of a four-week timescale it not all that much, get your models in ASAP people!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - clam - 06-30-2011 05:23 PM

snowblizz Wrote:

And that's what in GMT?

New York time zone, I think - so tomorrow at 05.00 a.m. GMT.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-30-2011 05:28 PM

It'll be great to watch all the entries. How many days can we expect to wait before the voting is up?

Oh, 100th post, too.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - nitroglysarine - 06-30-2011 05:44 PM

Mine is in, a bit on the deadline.
Not so happy with this one, had one I was happy with until the cat decided it was a toy and broke a few bits off earlier today (one of which I can't find)
Still, its an entry!!
Can't wait to see the rest of them!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 06-30-2011 06:19 PM

I think this is going to be an awesome collection of photo's... really looking forward to seeing all the results (:

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 06-30-2011 08:05 PM

Bolg Wrote:
I think this is going to be an awesome collection of photo's... really looking forward to seeing all the results (:

Yes, I think that too. Please, dear staff, make sure that a proper page for this Golden Hat is put up on the website, as most of the earlier ones have. Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Xander - 06-30-2011 08:27 PM

Admiral Wrote:
Yes, I think that too. Please, dear staff, make sure that a proper page for this Golden Hat is put up on the website, as most of the earlier ones have. Happy

That may well be possible.  Wink

I just got my entry in.

3.5 Hours until the deadline. Whew.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - JavlinVII - 06-30-2011 08:42 PM

Finished!Cheers!

What a great idea for a theme, I was able to keep my entry simple while focusing on improving my painting skill.  Can't wait to see the other entries.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Vexxus - 06-30-2011 10:41 PM

My entry is in... by the hairs of my... chinny chin chin?

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Blue in VT - 06-30-2011 10:47 PM

Takes Hat off

Me too Vex! just sent mine in with 1:15 minutes left on the clock.

I'm really anxious to see all the entries...hopefully the voting thread will be up before I leave for a week long camping trip on Monday!  (waiting till I get back would give me an ulcer...Sad)

Cheers,

Blue

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - frostbit3 - 06-30-2011 11:45 PM

I'm excited for the contest to begin.  Didn't find the forum too long before this contest started last month, and have been wanting to start a motivating blog for the last month.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - vulcanologist - 07-01-2011 03:32 AM

Hope the entries are up soon, can't wait to see them all!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - clam - 07-01-2011 03:53 AM

4 hours since we past the deadline so I'll expect the voting thread will be up any minute, now Tongue Only like 20+ entries so how long can it take?

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 07-01-2011 11:16 AM

I know its way to early, but I keep getting back to CDO and F5-ing  to see if the pictures are on jet. (its like waiting for X-mas as a kid)

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 07-01-2011 11:33 AM

Bolg Wrote:
I know its way to early, but I keep getting back to CDO and F5-ing  to see if the pictures are on jet. (its like waiting for X-mas as a kid)

Dont you mean sinterklaas? Tongue Wink
But I totally understand it mate, I am checking every 30-50 min as well Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - fonejaker - 07-01-2011 11:34 AM

Bolg Wrote:

It is like wating for xmas

I want to see the competition Respect to the Hat!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 07-01-2011 01:26 PM

Borador Wrote:
Dont you mean sinterklaas? Tongue Wink
But I totally understand it mate, I am checking every 30-50 min as well Wink

Jup, Sinterklaas (or WounterSlash as the say in Southpark). But I thought I keep it international (:

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - cornixt - 07-01-2011 01:59 PM

You'll be lucky if you get it before Saturday. And you'll be happy with it too Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 07-01-2011 02:51 PM

cornixt Wrote:
You'll be lucky if you get it before Saturday. And you'll be happy with it too Wink

Take your time mate (:

Just let me/us be exited Cheers!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bassman - 07-01-2011 03:26 PM

No problem, tomorrow and day after tomorrow I'll be out of town. When I will be back I PRETEND a surprise Wink

Just kidding, take your time, this will be a great Golden Hat Big Grin

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 07-01-2011 04:52 PM

@bolg: haha true (:
@cornixt: take your time mate ^^

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - tjub - 07-01-2011 06:29 PM

I do hope that Artisan's X get anounced before GH... Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - G.2 - 07-01-2011 07:49 PM

Great work everyone. It will be a competition with a lot of entries, and with prizes up for grabs, I am guessing it will be a competition with a lot of interest.

Good work everyone who entered. Sorry to everyone who had Real Life issues which prevented them from entering.

I am looking forward to seeing ALL the entires.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Xander - 07-02-2011 09:33 AM

I am going to attempt to compile the entries in the next hour or so.

We have something like 28 entries, so it can take a while!

EDIT: Didn't finish before I had to head out! Dang! Maybe tonight. Sorcerer

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Golder Goldeater - 07-02-2011 11:43 AM

MadMadMadHashut!MadMadMad

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 07-02-2011 12:18 PM

Golder Goldeater Wrote:
MadMadMadHashut!MadMadMad

There, there. This should not be a rushed job. Take your time staff, but not too long. Wink

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - fonejaker - 07-02-2011 01:22 PM

only a few more hours untill i can see if i have any chance Sad

Time to sacrifice the cat to the great god of online voting , HAIL LORD VOTEIGOR

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 07-02-2011 01:36 PM

fonejaker Wrote:
Time to sacrifice the cat to the great god of online voting , HAIL LORD VOTEIGOR

No! Not the cat!

I don't have any hopes of winning. The entries are numerous, and there are a lot of skilled folks here. The theme of the competition will make for some very rich source material in terms of conversions and army colour schemes, methink.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - snowblizz - 07-02-2011 01:42 PM

fonejaker Wrote:

ShockShockShockShock

Now I definitely know who *not* to vote for.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 07-02-2011 02:34 PM

See? Hashut already punishes you for contemplating a feline sacrifice. Hashut don't want cats, he want big, bold bulls! Wink

Also, remember that on the Internetz cats are worth far more than, say, teenagers.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 07-02-2011 02:34 PM

snowblizz Wrote:

fonejaker Wrote:

ShockShockShockShock

Now I definitely know who *not* to vote for.

Aye, poor kitty Sad

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - fonejaker - 07-02-2011 03:40 PM

The funny thing is ................... i dont have cat

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - vulcanologist - 07-02-2011 04:43 PM

@Fonejacker:
You can always come round mine and sacrifice my neighbours cat that's always sh*****g in my garden!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - snowblizz - 07-02-2011 06:09 PM

vulcanologist Wrote:
@Fonejacker:
You can always come round mine and sacrifice my neighbours cat that's always sh*****g in my garden!

Another guy on my list!

Move your garden. Besides, it's good fertilizer...

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - fonejaker - 07-03-2011 04:52 AM

snowblizz Wrote:

vulcanologist Wrote:
@Fonejacker:

Another guy on my list!

Move your garden. Besides, it's good fertilizer...

Cat dodo isnt that good for your garden, its full of worms and other nasties, this is down to the cats meat eating diet

Whilst a vegi horse, is a lot safer and beter for your garden

*  I have no idea how we go from painting man dolls to talking about manure  *

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Golder Goldeater - 07-03-2011 08:02 AM

Hands off the cats.
Hashut wants bulls not cats.
So sacrifice your T-stake and hope he forgives you for not being able to give him the whole thing.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 07-03-2011 08:37 AM

F5, F5, F5 (:

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 07-03-2011 08:37 AM

Bolg Wrote:
F5, F5, F5 (:

Oh, you too? Tongue

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Blue in VT - 07-03-2011 09:05 AM

Takes Hat off haha...me too...My wife is giving me grief about how much time I'm spending looking at the same web page and cussing...Tongue Wink

Waiting patiently...

Blue

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Xander - 07-03-2011 10:26 AM

Only 8 more entries to compile! They will be some sometime today for sure!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Bolg - 07-03-2011 10:34 AM

something to look forward to when I come home tonight (:

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Thorne - 07-03-2011 10:48 AM

Do you think I could find my camera..... Turns out my wife left it at her school..... Not to mention the time spent looking for the damn thing but I can't enter anyhows. Good luck folks.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Admiral - 07-03-2011 11:45 AM

Thorne Wrote:
Do you think I could find my camera..... Turns out my wife left it at her school..... Not to mention the time spent looking for the damn thing but I can't enter anyhows. Good luck folks.

Too bad, but better luck next time!

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - fonejaker - 07-03-2011 11:47 AM

Blue in VT Wrote:
Takes Hat off haha...me too...My wife is giving me grief about how much time I'm spending looking at the same web page and cussing...Tongue Wink

Waiting patiently...

Blue

Mother is giving me the same look

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Golden Hat - 07-03-2011 03:20 PM

Finished the entries, making the thread now. Happy

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - Borador - 07-03-2011 04:36 PM

To all the staff: WE LOVE YOU! <3

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - snowblizz - 07-03-2011 04:47 PM

Golden Hat Wrote:
Finished the entries, making the thread now. Happy

No hurry. I'm just going to bed and won't be up for another 10 hours hopefully.

RE: Mantic Games Presents - Golden Hat XV - nitroglysarine - 07-03-2011 05:47 PM

wow, that must have taken some doing, 28 entries!