JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 510
Golden Hat - Silver                               
JMR's other stuff - 23 Oct - Airbrush fun - Flamesphyre PhoenixJMR 02-04-2012

Hello all,

I wanted to show of some of the miniatures I'm working on right now. I find myself working on a zillion different armies at once for some reason, while I used to play just 1 army for years.

I've purchased a box of Privateer Press' Skinwalkers. Ever since I first saw them I knew I had to have them someday. Here's my progress on the first one:

I intend to use these as Dragon Ogres in my WoC army. I have had some (in my humble opinion) awesome ideas for a feral/wolf themed Khorne army in my head for ages. This is the first step in realising said army.

At the same time, I'm painting up some undead. Using Mantic's cheap-o, yet excellent miniatures.

The colour scheme is shamelessly stolen from a plog I saw on Warseer. I normally never use green or yellow and it normally wouldn't be my first choice of colours for skeletons at all, but it's fun to do something different. They're speed-painted and the bases aren't finished yet. I also need to redefine the yellow on some of them.

I'm using combined bases to give me a bit more freedom with positioning of the models. This allows me to disrupt the ranks a bit and create a more ramshackle horde of undead. I intend to have more elite units (Grave Guards/Revenants) look more organised.

A small word on mantic's models. When seeing pictures of the skeletons on the web, I've had mixed feelings about these models, but once I was building and later painting them I started to appreciate them more and more. They simply have a different vibe from GW's skeletons. Mantic's skeletons give me more of a "classic" Dungeons&Dragons skeletal warrior. They're well detailed, fun to paint, very quick to assemble and have a lot of character. Oh, and they're about a third of the price of GW skeletons or so Big Grin Good stuff.

Questions or comments are most welcome!

My blogs:
-Renewed Chaos Dwarf log- -Manticlicious Chaos Dwarves-
-Dark Elves with a hint of Slaanesh- -Other stuff-

This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 06:39 AM by JMR.

02-04-2012 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
JMR's other stuff - 23 Oct - Airbrush fun - Flamesphyre Phoenix - JMR - 02-04-2012 11:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Transitioning Phoenix WIP TheFNG 2 1,913 11-27-2013 05:49 AM
Last Post: Bloodbeard

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites