Pages (13): « First < Previous 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 26 Jun - Altar of Hashut
Author MessageJMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 26 Jun - Altar of Hashut
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 515
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 28 May - Hobgoblins rebased.DAGabriel 05-28-2012

The Hobgoblins are cool, but the Dwarf is a burner! Is he peeing magma? That little droplets are suspicious.

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
05-28-2012 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 510
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 28 May - Hobgoblins rebased.JMR 05-28-2012

DAGabriel Wrote:
The Hobgoblins are cool, but the Dwarf is a burner! Is he peeing magma? That little droplets are suspicious.

The what now? You mean the leaves?

My blogs:
-Renewed Chaos Dwarf log- -Manticlicious Chaos Dwarves-
-Dark Elves with a hint of Slaanesh- -Other stuff-
05-28-2012 04:07 PM
Naagruz
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 20

RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 28 May - Hobgoblins rebased.Naagruz 05-28-2012

Nice bases!  Very natural & they fit the models.Takes Hat off

05-28-2012 08:26 PM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 28 May - Hobgoblins rebased.JMR 07-15-2012

Wow! Last update was the 28th of may?! About time I posted something again!

I have picked up my mechanical bull a.k.a. Infernal Engine again. I had much bigger plans when I started on this conversion, but it proved to be a bit too far-fetched. Which means the thing was just laying on my desk gathering dust. So, instead of having a model that could theoretically be awesome, but never gets finished - I opted for just getting on with it and live with a lower quality result.

I have completely redone the pose, going for a more aggressive expression. I've also actually glued everything on already, which I am sure is going to cause me problems when trying to do fine detail work with greenstuff. I'll just have to forgo some details in order to get it done.

Pictures!

I'm going to add pistons between all the moving pieces using plasti-rod. I'd also like to add cables here and there, but I don't have the material to do so. Another thing is that I want to add smoke-stacks, and maybe more engine-like parts to make it appear more like a deamon/steam-driven engine. Finally, I might add a howdah or similar construction to it's back to be able to add 3 crew members. (Game-wise, I'll be playing it with 3 crew.)

I know it's still very, very WIP, but... Opinions?

My blogs:
07-15-2012 04:18 PM
fairoaks024
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 15

RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 15 July - Mechanical Bull (Infernal Engine)fairoaks024 07-15-2012

looks really good to me, my only question, the back half seems to be very low in comparison to
the front half, i presume you are covering that with another layer of something?

regards

jim

07-15-2012 05:05 PM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 15 July - Mechanical Bull (Infernal Engine)JMR 07-15-2012

Yeah, it is getting a layer of armour using green stuff, that will raise it a little, although not too much. I've changed the entire posture and build of the body to match this picture I googled:

My blogs:
07-15-2012 06:19 PM
CopperPot
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 22

RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 15 July - Mechanical Bull (Infernal Engine)CopperPot 07-16-2012

Nice work can see now that the Bull is coming along nicely I take it your using Tommys list do you plan on adding ogres or Black Orcs.

If you havn't noticed yet I have a base fetish.
07-16-2012 01:39 AM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 15 July - Mechanical Bull (Infernal Engine)JMR 07-16-2012

Yup, I'm using Thommy's book. I don't have any plans to add Ogres or Black Orcs any time soon. I do have an unpainted Ogre army though, and there's 2 ogres used as fillers in my Hobgoblin unit.
I kinda always wanted to have a few Black Orcs to paint, but they're so expensive now... Somewhere, far in the back of my mind, I have some plans to maybe start an Orcs and Goblins army someday using my Hobgoblins as Goblins and buying Orcs to go along with them.
Probably never going to happen Wink

As far as my Chaos Dwarves go, I'm pretty much working towards a 2500ish point list including:

• Sorcerer Lord on Palanquin
  • Bull Centaur BSB
  • Pyrophant
  • 28 Warriors with GW
  • 18 Immortals
  • 50 Hobgoblins
  • 6 Hellborn Constructs (K'daai style)
  • Doom Harness
  • Infernal Engine

I'd love to get this finished and playable at some point, but I tend to hop between projects a lot and end up never getting anything done Happy

My blogs:
07-16-2012 06:23 AM
fairoaks024
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 15 July - Mechanical Bull (Infernal Engine)fairoaks024 07-16-2012

thanks for the reply JMR, that sounds like, and i fully expect from your work, that it'll be epic.

regards

jim

07-16-2012 06:32 AM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 15 July - Mechanical Bull (Infernal Engine)JMR 07-21-2012

@fairoaks Thanks! That's quite a compliment. It also adds more pressure to deliver Wink

Here's my Doom Harness completed, used in the Golden Hat competition.

A pretty a-typical Chaos Dwarf engine amongst all the other entries, so I don't think I'll get a lot of votes, but I personally am really happy with it.

The white on the dozer blade came out a little too white in the pictures.

My blogs:
07-21-2012 09:45 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 21 July - Doom Harness finishedBassman 07-21-2012

It was one of my top 6-7. unfortunately at the end you did not get my vote (dozer blade too 40k imo) but I really love details like the furnace and the crewhobbo :-)

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

07-21-2012 09:50 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 21 July - Doom Harness finishedJMR 07-21-2012

I might as well update on my Infernal Engine's progress while I'm at it.
I'm still happily slavering away on it's construction. I've green-stuffed more armour, then dremeled it off again to make room for a crew-compartment. Dropped the thing, shattering into pieces, rebuilt it, re-did armour again etc etc. In short; pictures:

Some dwarves are included to give a better idea of it's scale.

Oh yeah, I've also repositioned it's rear-axle/hip further up into the body-work.
Still a ton to do... After completing some armour on it's legs I'll add a big exhaust pipe on it's back along with pistons between the moving parts and some random pipes and such to add to the steam-engine feel. Then there's the crew-compartment and the crew itself. Like I said, still a ton to do...

P.S. I try not to think about how many rivets I'll have to glue on.. all those small black dots will be rivets. Sick

My blogs:

This post was last modified: 07-21-2012 10:57 AM by JMR.

07-21-2012 10:56 AM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 1

RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 21 July - Doom Harness finished + Infernal EngineBorador 07-21-2012

Holy cow. It's really starting to come together. I always find it hard to see where people want to go at the start of a scratch-built project, but now there's a clearer image in my head of your infernal engine and I really like where this is going! Looks very good!

The doom engine machine also turned out very nicely, the smoke really adds character to the piece IMO.

Keep it up! (:

07-21-2012 12:52 PM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 515
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 21 July - Doom Harness finished + Infernal EngineDAGabriel 07-21-2012

Nice work, don`t keep us in suspense! It is weekend, so go, go go!

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
07-21-2012 01:48 PM
fairoaks024
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 21 July - Doom Harness finished + Infernal Enginefairoaks024 07-21-2012

Borador Wrote:
Holy cow. -

Un-Holy Cow!

great work, looking better with each update

regards

jim

07-21-2012 03:51 PM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 21 July - Doom Harness finished + Infernal EngineJMR 07-21-2012

DAGabriel Wrote:
Nice work, don`t keep us in suspense! It is weekend, so go, go go!

Well, I'm playing a game of Warhammer tomorrow. So that's pretty much going to be it for Warhammer-hobbying for this weekend.

In case anyone is interested, here's the army list I'm going to use:

Code:
1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord on Palanquin
     General; Lore of Hashut; Magic Level 4
     Talisman of Preservation
     Earthing Rod

18 Immortals
     Full Command

1 Bull Centaur Elder
     Throwing Axes; Chaos Armour; Shield; Battle Standard
     Dawn Stone
     The Other Tricksters Shard
     Dragonhelm

1 Pyrophant
     Magic Level 1; Lore of Fire
     Channeling Staff

28 Chaos Dwarf Warriors
     Great Weapon; Full Command

50 Hobgoblins
     Spear; Light Armour; Full Command

1 Bull Centaur Doom Harness

1 Infernal Engine
     Thundrous Charge
     Fiendish Blast
     Ironclad
     3 Hellforge Guard
          Great Weapon

1 Arcane Artillery
     Diabolic Sentience

1 Arcane Artillery
     Diabolic Sentience

10 Hobgoblins
     Normal Bow; Light Armour; Musician

Total Army Cost: 2400.0

Sorcerer Lord goes with the Immortals. Pyrophant with Warriors most likely. Bull Centaur Elder is there to hunt chaff, warmachines or add punch to a combat.

I'm wondering how my Infernal Engine performs. I think it looks a little too big for what it's capable off. Even so, it should have quite a punch on the charge with D6 Impact Hits (Thundrous Charge), Flame Breath (Fiendish Blast) and Thunderstomp.

My blogs:
07-21-2012 04:51 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 21 July - Doom Harness finished + Infernal EngineThommy H 07-21-2012

Looks like a nicely balanced list. I'll be interested to see how it works out. I'm fascinated by the idea of someone convincing their opponent to play against some army book from the internet that I wrote.

I really like the "Doom Harness", by the way, although I'm not totally convinced by the white on the dozer blade... It's a really nice paintjob though, and a great model.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

07-21-2012 05:08 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 21 July - Doom Harness finished + Infernal EngineKera foehunter 07-22-2012

love the bull idea !!  Best idea ever

The last of female chaos dwarf
07-22-2012 07:33 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 21 July - Doom Harness finished + Infernal EngineJMR 07-22-2012

The battle is over! I bring back more slaves for the pits of Zharr Naggrund. Put them to use quickly though, because these wretched Lizardmen don't tend to last very long in our lands.

Battle report, 2400 points vs. Lizardmen.
I don't remember everything exactly, so things like casualty numbers aren't correct in the pictures.

First off, here's my opponent's army.

Code:
Lizardmen
---------
  (TG) 20 Temple Guard with (SMP) Slann Mage Priest

(S1) 28 Saurus (Spears+Shield)

(S2) 28 Saurus (HW+Shield)

(S3) 14 Skinks with (SP) Skink Priest

(C) 9 Charmeleons

(Steg) Stegadon

(Sal1) Salamander

(Sal2) Salamander

And mine.

Code:
Chaos Dwarfs
------------
  (I) 18 Immortals with (SL) Sorcerer Lord on Palanquin

(BCE) Bull Centaur Elder

(H) 50 Hobgoblins

(CDW) 28 Chaos Dwarf Warriors with Pyrophant

(HA) 10 Hobgoblin Archers

(DH) Doom Harness

(IE) Infernal Engine

(AA1) Warmachine, Arcane Artillery

(AA2) Warmachine, Arcane Artillery

Deployment

Slann Mage priest used Lore of Light (for a change of pace) and got Pha's Protection, Speed of Light, Net of Amyntok and Birona's Timewarp. I don't know what the Skink priest got, because he never cast anything.
My Lord got Fugue of Hashut, Storm of Ash, Flames of Azgorh and Shadow of Hashut. My Pyrophant took Fireball.

Lizardmen Turn 1

Lizards got the first turn and moved up at full speed. The Salamanders opened fire and inflicted casualties on the Hobgoblins, while the other fire breath fell short. The scouting Charmeleon Skinks quickly took out one of my Artillery pieces. The magic phase saw the Slann casting Net of Amyntok on my Sorcerer Lord and his unit.

Chaos Dwarf turn 1

I was reluctant to expose my Infernal Engine to the enemy skinks on my right flank, but finally decided that it'd be best to just move up and hope for some (magical) shooting to rout the Skinks.
Net of Amyntok prevented my Immortals from moving. Reluctant to break my battle-line because of this, I moved up only a short distance. My Doom Harness did his best to get to the enemy's line as soon as possible, this turn moving 5".

Magic was fairly hopeless. The Net of Amyntok prevented my Sorcerer Lord from casting anything. My Pyrophant 6-diced a maximum level Fireball at his Skinks, but pulled out a dispell scroll.
Shooting saw my remaining Cannon desperately trying to avoid certain death by firing at the Charmeleon Skinks and killing 4 of them. Hobgoblin Archers whittled away killing a Skink Skirmisher or two.

My blogs:
07-22-2012 11:26 AM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 21 July - Doom Harness finished + Infernal EngineJMR 07-22-2012

Lizardmen turn 2

Turn two saw the Lizardmen advancing again, but parking themselves far enough away to give me a fairly difficult charge of 11" to reach his units. Charmeleon Skinks moved further in to take out my remaining Artillery piece. On the right flank the Skink skirmishers did what I feared they would do and leaped around my Infernal Engine to shoot it up. The large number of Poisoned shooting attacks could easily spell doom for my Engine, but they only inflicted 3 wounds leaving my Engine to wreck more havock.

To my surprise, the Stegodon moved up into the face of both my Bull Centaur Elder and the Infernal Engine.
The Salamanders shot down some more Hobgoblins and some Chaos Dwarf Warriors.

Magic was uneventful.

Chaos Dwarf turn 2

The Doom Harness pilot commanded his Hobgoblin servant to stoke up the furnace for extra power and moved 9" ahead, running over a Salamander (but not killing it) and the Temple Guard (+/- 7 casualties).

Due to my Immortals lacking behind thanks to Net of Amyntok, I was reluctant to charge in. The charge distance was a bit of a gamble either way. I choose to have my Immortals move up to close the line again, while my Hobgoblins assumed a bus formation to stall the opposing Saurus unit for as long as possible.
On the right flank, the Infernal Engine and Bull Centaur jumped upon the Stegadon and killed it in one round. Electing not to overrun, they reformed to face the battle line.

In the Magic Phase my Lord cast AoE Fugue of Hashut, effecting my entire army. The Hobgoblin Archers were startled by the powers of Hashut effecting them and barely managed to escape going into a panic.

My blogs:

This post was last modified: 07-22-2012 11:57 AM by JMR.

07-22-2012 11:28 AM
Pages (13): « First < Previous 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Return to Chaos - yet another chaos dwarf blog thymbrin-snakebeard 6 404 07-04-2019 02:34 PM
Last Post: Jackswift
  [HUGE update! 11-26-2013] The Legion of Hashut - Army Blog BoomBoom 68 40,422 05-04-2018 03:35 AM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Bloodbeards Chaos Dwarf Blog Bloodbeard 556 339,868 10-09-2017 03:19 PM
Last Post: Pappa Midnight
  To the honour of Hashut - Army Blog 07.16.15 Question to all readers DAGabriel 597 377,070 04-16-2016 04:08 PM
Last Post: Willmark
  Chaos Dwarf Army BIG blog/site - lots to see! ruinouspowers 0 2,005 10-21-2014 12:30 PM
Last Post: ruinouspowers

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites