Pages (10): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #17
Author MessageGolden Hat #17
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1232
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
Golden Hat #17Nicodemus 04-24-2012

Welcome to the 17th Golden Hat competition!

Subject Matter
For this Golden Hat competition we want to see your War Machines! This could be something pre-8th Edition, such as a Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower, a Tenderiser, an Earthshaker Cannon; it could be something from the Legion of Azgorh list, such as an Iron Daemon, a Magma Cannon; or perhaps something of your own creation!  Please keep in mind, if this is a Warmachine of your own creation, it should still be recognizable as a warmachine, not a K'daai Destroyer or something else.  Yes, technically the Hellcannon, and the older Seige Cannon (aka "Ass-cannon"), are Monsters, but these the only Chaos Dwarf pieces that we're going to allow to cross-over into this competition.

Your Warmachine must be Chaos Dwarf-related, but beyond that it may be operated by a number of Chaos Dwarf(s), Bull Centaur(s), Hobgoblin(s), Slave(s), etc.

EDIT: Restrictions on basing have been lifted. Any kind of base will be permitted. Additionally, while a war machine typically will have crew, this is not a requirement any longer (nor is there a limitation on the maximum number of crew). Ogre slaves and other beasts used in the service of the Machine of War are permitted, and this can include monsters of any size or description. The war machine itself ought to be the focus , however. We want to see the coolest Chaos Dwarf war machines ever constructed in the depths of Zharr Naggrund!

Also:
Display bases, plinths, as well as diorama style bases, are allowed.
The full rules for basing can be found here.

Specifics
Subject: 1 Chaos Dwarf War Machine
The due Date: 11:59 PM June 30th, 2012 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

What is the deadline?
Once again, this is the same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM June 30th, 2012 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Entrants have ~5 weeks to complete entries).

If, for some reason, you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame.
- The top entry will also receive a Forge World Hellsmith, courtesy of Grimstonefire, which includes 'free' postage (up to a value of £3, any additional postage cost will need to be paid for by the winner) -- the perfect accompanying character for your prize-winning warmachine!!
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

Entries will count towards a veteran medal.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting within the first week of July, 2012. If there are any questions please send a PM to myself, another Staff member or post them here.  Ideally post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 08:46 AM by Xander.

04-24-2012 03:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
furrie
hat lover

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Golden Hat #17furrie 04-26-2012

Lets see if I can finish a Warmachine with crew

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

04-26-2012 02:54 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 514
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #17DAGabriel 04-26-2012

I think i will try my luck, too!

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
04-26-2012 05:04 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Slaves: 675
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #17Skink 04-26-2012

...First of all: great theme.
Second: I know you said "no K'Daai" but what if a person submits a sort of mechanical monster? I mean, what if it is CLEARLY recognizable as something mechanical? I don't know: trains, mine carts, mechanical bulls, steam drills (and so on)

EDIT: Thommy H's book allows daemonsmiths to ride Hellborn Constructs. Does this count as a Warmachine (with one crew)?

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!

This post was last modified: 04-26-2012 06:22 AM by Skink.

04-26-2012 05:34 AM
The_Bear_in_the_Hat
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 16

RE: Golden Hat #17The_Bear_in_the_Hat 04-26-2012

Count me in.

Blogging about collecting a new Chaos Dwarf army here: http://newwoldchaosdwarfs.blogspot.com/

And now Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/
04-26-2012 05:49 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1309
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #17tjub 04-26-2012

Herby Wrote:
The 17th Golden Hat competition! Great!

Hi Nicodemus!

I guess you will see a new creation not such one which has already be shown here on the side?

Greetings Takes Hat off
Herby

As long as you havent posted a painted version of the model its ok... Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

04-26-2012 06:15 AM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 579
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #17Bolg 04-26-2012

What a great motivator to finally finish my hellcannon!!  awesomeness!!!

Check out my webcomic here...
04-26-2012 07:11 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bas_2312
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 443
Golden Hat - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #17bas_2312 04-26-2012

I just started planning some warmachines to update my Big Hat army, so this came at exactly the right time!

Check out some of my other stuff:
-Big Hat Ogres
-Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs
-Halfling Empire
-Scifi stuff
04-26-2012 07:56 AM
G.2
Lammasu

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 177
Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat #17G.2 04-26-2012

Do the Chaos Dwarf / Hobgoblin Operators need to be visible? For example; can the warmachine be completely enclosed (think WH40K dreadnought), with the assumption (and room) for 1-3 crew.

G2 is short for George Georgiou.

Standing Small - G2's miniature blog

04-26-2012 08:54 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1309
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #17tjub 04-26-2012

G.2 Wrote:
Do the Chaos Dwarf / Hobgoblin Operators need to be visible? For example; can the warmachine be completely enclosed (think WH40K dreadnought), with the assumption (and room) for 1-3 crew.

I assume that at least one will have to be...

Quote:
Crew
There must be a minimum of one crew accompanying your Warmachine, up to a maximum of 3 Crew members.

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

04-26-2012 11:11 AM
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 360
Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #17Blue in VT 04-26-2012

Takes Hat off

Great!  I may not have the most eye popping war machines for my old school dwarfs but I'll give this a go for sure.

Cheers

Blue

A huge thanks to Pyro for my Avatar!!
My painting/collecting blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

04-26-2012 11:40 AM
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #17Nicodemus 04-26-2012

G.2 Wrote:

At least one would have to be visible.

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

04-26-2012 11:50 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1178
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #17Zanko 04-26-2012

Great theme! Takes Hat off

I'm definety in - must think over with which model I will enter! Big Grin

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

04-26-2012 11:59 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               

...Does anyone mind answering my questions?

04-26-2012 12:35 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #17Grimstonefire 04-26-2012

The Hellsmith prize is unpainted and unassembled. Wink

I will have about a week to paint this after my exam.  So I may be in.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
04-26-2012 02:14 PM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 259
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #17vulcanologist 04-26-2012

Great! Here we go again! Have to put my other projects on hold!

@skink: I would have thought it was ok but best ask the mods. Pm Nico.

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
04-26-2012 02:50 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #17Grimstonefire 04-26-2012

@Skink.

I think Nicodemus already answered which monsters would be allowed, ones which are 'GW approved' (the ass cannon and hellcannon).  Aside from those two (which are more recognisable as war machines), this is not a monster/mount contest.

Just my unmodly opinion though.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 04-26-2012 03:18 PM by Grimstonefire.

04-26-2012 03:15 PM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

...Right!!! Just wondering Cheers!

04-26-2012 03:58 PM
Nicodemus

RE: Golden Hat #17Nicodemus 04-26-2012

Skink Wrote:
...Right!!! Just wondering Cheers!

It would have to look liek it's clearly not going to be mistaken for a monster type of unit (exception is the Hellcannon, which is a Monster, but clearly looks like a cannon). It would also need crew.

That being said, if you're confident it will still look like a warmachine, even if there's some creature features in there, then enter it.

04-26-2012 04:03 PM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Uh, nuh!!! Being totally honest I'm sculpting a mechanical bull. There's no way I can pass that as a cannonBig Grin. It's time for me to think about a Magma Cannon I reckon! Thank you for your answers guyzCheers!

04-26-2012 05:01 PM
Pages (10): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites