Chaos Dwarves
10-05-2013 12:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XXNicodemus 10-05-2013

I went out this morning to stock up on hobby supplies, only to fine out that sheets of plastic and rods and tubing and everything else like that I need for making models aren't stocked anywhere in the city anymore!! Nuts!! I found one boardgame store that stocked very small bags of assorted thickness sheets of white plastic from Galeforce Nine, but they're too small for what I need.... I bought 'em anyway as I'll use them eventually, but the city here has no more materials for scratch building things out of styrene. If I cant get materials within the next few weeks I'm going to be hard pressed to get what I want to make finished in time! Argh

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

10-05-2013 02:40 PM
zobo1942
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 19
Slaves: 109

RE: Golden Hat XXzobo1942 10-05-2013

Would going to the hardware store and picking up a smooth plastic light diffusion panel work?

10-05-2013 03:03 PM
Forgefire
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 387
Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXForgefire 10-05-2013

Darn it! I want to draw something Happy!

10-05-2013 04:28 PM
ClawLeader
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 14

RE: Golden Hat XXClawLeader 10-06-2013

Nicodemus, chill out! I'm just going to post pics of a carnifex I used as a proxy lammasu. You'll beat me out!

LoA W: 4/D: 1/L: 0

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7970
Chaos Dwarves
10-06-2013 12:01 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1394
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXZanko 10-06-2013

The planning stage is finished and today I begun with the preliminary work!

I hope it will look as good as I intended Unsure ... I will see!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

10-06-2013 01:56 PM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 515
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXDAGabriel 10-06-2013

Plan is ready and put the first paint on. But have to do some building betwixt the painting.

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
10-06-2013 02:41 PM
gIL^
Playing Age of Sigmar

Slaves: 224

RE: Golden Hat XXgIL^ 10-06-2013

"it may be a unit, multiple units, one or more warmachines,"

Does this mean you could enter an entire army if it hasn't been seen before?

10-06-2013 07:34 PM
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XXNicodemus 10-06-2013

gIL^ Wrote:

For sure!

~N

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

10-06-2013 08:35 PM
gIL^
Playing Age of Sigmar

Slaves: 224

RE: Golden Hat XXgIL^ 10-06-2013

Nicodemus Wrote:

gIL^ Wrote:

For sure!

~N

Ive got work to do!

10-06-2013 09:07 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXTarrakk Blackhand 10-07-2013

Hi Nich!

Sounds like this will be a good contest. I haven't entered a Golden Hat in a few years now, but since my army was wiped out by the High River Flood of 2013, and since a lot of people here donated new CD figures to me after that, I think I will paint up one of the models and try and enter it into this GH. - sort of a "Come Back" piece.

The model I have in mind is a small one, so I'm sure that the other members who are considering painting up a custom made Forgeworld Chaos Dwarf Steam Train (Or insert ridicously awesome model here) will probably overshadow my attempts, but I will still try my best. I also haven't won a GH yet either, so I take my chances.

I would like to thank the sponsor for donating such awesome models. I sure would like one, but don't have the money or skills to win one. However, it is well worth the effort to try.

Since the flood, I have to think about doing something involving models again. I also need to check my remaining paint supply...but doing a GH might be a good step for the "Healing/Rebuilding" process. Wish me luck guys!

Count me in!

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!

This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 12:53 AM by Tarrakk Blackhand.

10-07-2013 12:50 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus

RE: Golden Hat XXNicodemus 10-07-2013

gIL^ Wrote:
Ive got work to do!

LOL. Oh my!! I can't wait to see what the entries for this one are going to look like!

On a related note, we have allowed members to submit entries for things that have been shown as WIPs before the contests are announced, as we realize that members could have started modeling something and then realized after the contest is announced that their creation would suit the contest.  So, certainly anyone should feel free to enter things they've shown off previously in the blog or the conversions sections, as long as they weren't painted and shown off in some sort of 'finished' state.  

As stated in an earlier post in this thread as well, once the contest starts it's best to avoid posting your progress on your entry until after winners are announced... so some of you may notice some blogs slow to a crawl or fall silent for the next few weeks Wink

Nuts, what am I doing posting... I've got GHXX work to do!! Tongue
~N

10-07-2013 01:51 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Slaves: 1394
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXZanko 10-07-2013

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:
Count me in!

Good that you are back! Takes Hat off

I'm eager to see your entry and also your regrowing CD force! Cheers!

I wish you luck in the GHXX! Happy

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

10-07-2013 02:12 AM
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 340
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXKamphre 10-07-2013

Nicodemus Wrote:
Nuts, what am I doing posting... I've got GHXX work to do!! Tongue

You should have a handicap (like in golf) to allow others a chance! Finding plastic card is the first one. Happy

10-07-2013 04:54 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 714
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XXSkink 10-07-2013

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:
Hi Nich!

Sounds like this will be a good contest. I haven't entered a Golden Hat in a few years now, but since my army was wiped out by the High River Flood of 2013, and since a lot of people here donated new CD figures to me after that, I think I will paint up one of the models and try and enter it into this GH. - sort of a "Come Back" piece.

Nice to see you are back into business buddy. Looking forward to see your entry!!!

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
10-07-2013 05:09 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 590
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXAdmiral 10-07-2013

I'm in. We'll see if the planned little Ogre-base diorama receives any votes at all, but it'll probably get a good laugh or two if the result corresponds to the plan.

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
10-07-2013 06:17 AM
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Golden Hat XXSticklander 10-08-2013

Cycled 7 miles to the nearest town, and then another 6 miles to the next town, and another 10 miles back home to get all the supplies I need today!

Time to get the ball rolling!

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

10-08-2013 02:25 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 590
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXAdmiral 10-08-2013

Sticklander Wrote:
Cycled 7 miles to the nearest town, and then another 6 miles to the next town, and another 10 miles back home to get all the supplies I need today!

I bet Hashut is pleased by your dedication, but you should've ridden a bull.

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
10-08-2013 02:37 PM
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Golden Hat XXSticklander 10-08-2013

Admiral Wrote:

Sticklander Wrote:

I bet Hashut is pleased by your dedication, but you should've ridden a bull.

There are plenty around 'ere, but I don't know how pleased it would have been with my presence, especially on it's back.

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

10-08-2013 03:44 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Golden Hat XXFuggit Khan 10-09-2013

Sticklander Wrote:

Wow, I'm giving you a well deserved slave for that...if ever someone deserved a slave in recognition of their contribution to Chaos Dwarfs, this is it Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
10-09-2013 01:02 PM
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites