Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Golden Hat XXSticklander 10-09-2013

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Sticklander Wrote:
Cycled 7 miles to the nearest town, and then another 6 miles to the next town, and another 10 miles back home to get all the supplies I need today!

Wow, I'm giving you a well deserved slave for that...if ever someone deserved a slave in recognition of their contribution to Chaos Dwarfs, this is it Takes Hat off

Thanking you kindly, but I'm hoping my entry will win many a slave for the Bloodbeard's horde! Wink

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

10-09-2013 05:23 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXBloodbeard 10-13-2013

Just finished building, painting and pimping the base of my entry. I figured building from the base up would let the sky by the limit!

10-13-2013 03:55 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1528
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat XXtjub 10-13-2013

Just sent the slaves over to start the construction...

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

10-13-2013 03:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXGrimstonefire 10-13-2013

Been working for a week on mine now and still no end in sight.  Still, I am making progress on something that otherwise would have sat unfinished so I'm pleased.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
10-13-2013 04:25 PM
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Golden Hat XXSticklander 10-14-2013

I'm painting the models first, as Hashut knows that will take me the longest!

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

10-14-2013 05:05 AM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1256
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XXNicodemus 10-15-2013

So I've got a lead on some plasticard sheets here in town and had them special order me some, so so far so good!  I started a little project mid-September and decided a few days in to the GH contest to make it the focus of my entry (mostly because it was the best idea I had and I had already made sketches etc.).  Seeing as my last few attempts have missed the deadline due to inability to complete my entries, I'm determined to submit something this time.  The trouble is, I rapidly expanded the size and complexity and despite making up what I thought was a generous timeline for working on various aspects of it I'm already several days behind schedule. All this talk of people painting stuff, etc??!?  Yikes, I'm weeks away at best... probably more like a month away.  I keep finding more things to elaborate on and make more detailed. I find myself really questioning whether this is because I'm creative and a perfectionist or if there's something deeper going on, like I'm trying to find excuses not to finish in a timely fashion so that I won't be publicly judged during the voting and can just live in my own world thinking 'yeah, I just didn't get it finished because it was being made more awesome'.  Hmm.

Anyway, my wife bought me a Paasche Talon airbrush and Paasche DC600R compressor (it's quieter so that I can run it at night while the kids sleep directly above where I have my hobby table) for Xmas and has given it to me early, but I've never used one before and am really leery about painting up my GHXX entry as a noob airbrush painter.  What I really need are some quick tips about the basics and how not to screw up.  I'm sure it'll be better than painting everything freehand, but only if I don't screw up Tongue  Anyway, the massive box is sitting up in our sun room unopened. I know if I get into that thing now I'll be wrapped up in testing and playing around with it for the next week and won't be getting any of my entry completed!

Hmm, need more slaves!
~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

10-15-2013 04:47 AM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 642
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXBolg 10-15-2013

Good luck with the Air brush.

I've shelved 2 ideas already both converted heroes. I need to think bigger... wow deciding what to do for this GH is tricky.

Check out my webcomic here...
10-15-2013 05:08 AM
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XXNicodemus 10-17-2013

So by my estimate we have 23 people planning to submit something for GHXX. Even if a few people don't finish or change their mind, we always have a healthy number of surprise entries from lurkers Wink  If all goes well we'll likely have 25 entries minimum this time around.

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

10-17-2013 05:50 PM
Ravenswood
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 1259
Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXRavenswood 10-17-2013

Sad-sad-sad(((((
I spotted this thread only now, after revealing my Bezhuk(

Legion of Ravenswood blog: painting plan 2017 [147/1000]pts Sad
Off-topic painting thread: Fantasy, Sci-Fi
10-17-2013 06:53 PM
Nicodemus

RE: Golden Hat XXNicodemus 10-22-2013

How's everyone's progress coming along?  I've been putting in ~4-5 hours a night almost every night since the announcement and have been adjusting my plans and scaling back expectations accordingly as the days continue to tick by.  As you guys know from my blog... I'm a bit slow and it takes me a while to get anything done!!

@ravenswood - why not just sculpt something new and wonderful to amaze us!?  You've got some real skills there!

~N

10-22-2013 12:47 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1364
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXZanko 10-22-2013

There is a very slow progress in my efforts ... my spare time is limited! Mad

But I hope that in 2 weeks (at the weekend there is the SPIEL here in Essen and friends of mine will come from northern Germany) there will come a much more restful time! Happy

@ Ravenswood: Awesome miniature! Takes Hat off  I ordered one last weekend! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

10-22-2013 01:16 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 740
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Golden Hat XXFuggit Khan 10-22-2013

My progress is coming along at a pitifully slow rate...I've already changed directions with it 3 times. Last night I came up with an idea that I think will finally work (hopefully).
I think I can make the deadline...I just need to prioritize my free time better...

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
10-22-2013 01:41 PM
Nicodemus

RE: Golden Hat XXNicodemus 10-22-2013

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
I think I can make the deadline...I just need to prioritize my free time better...

LOL, after watching the entire Horatio Hornblower series as well as the Robin of Sherwood series and the first 3 Pirates of the Caribbean movies plus a few others I've started turning Netflix and the TV off so I'm not distracted Tongue

10-22-2013 01:47 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 740
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Golden Hat XXFuggit Khan 10-22-2013

Nicodemus Wrote:
LOL, after watching the entire Horatio Hornblower series as well as the Robin of Sherwood series and the first 3 Pirates of the Caribbean movies plus a few others I've started turning Netflix and the TV off so I'm not distracted Tongue

Hmmm...I'm seeing a pattern of epic seafaring tales here, which is funny because my distraction lately has been watching the WW2 'Victory at Sea' series. I guess we're both in the same boat (bad pun).
But the episode of the battles at Rabaul in the South Pacific did give me my final idea/inspiration for my Golden Hat XX entry Cheers!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
10-22-2013 03:26 PM
Ravenswood
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 1259
Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXRavenswood 10-23-2013

Nicodemus Wrote:
@ravenswood - why not just sculpt something new and wonderful to amaze us!?  

Just because I am not a sculptor Wink but I try to paint something.

Legion of Ravenswood blog: painting plan 2017 [147/1000]pts Sad
Off-topic painting thread: Fantasy, Sci-Fi
10-23-2013 06:21 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1224
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat XXWillmark 10-24-2013

Ravenswood is entering? I guess there goes my chance of winning! Wink

My Want List / My Trade List
10-24-2013 08:34 AM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat XXYodrin 10-24-2013

Willmark Wrote:
Ravenswood is entering? I guess there goes my chance of winning! Wink

That goes for the most of usWink - he is a champ!!! Happy

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

10-24-2013 04:31 PM
ClawLeader
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 14

RE: Golden Hat XXClawLeader 10-24-2013

I haven't even started...

LoA W: 4/D: 1/L: 0

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7970
Chaos Dwarves
10-24-2013 07:25 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1528
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat XXtjub 10-25-2013

Better build something to match his painting then... Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

10-25-2013 12:19 AM
ClawLeader
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 14

RE: Golden Hat XXClawLeader 10-25-2013

I got something up my beard

LoA W: 4/D: 1/L: 0

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7970
Chaos Dwarves