The sons of Hatsut
Author MessageThe sons of Hatsut
noigrim
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 6

The sons of Hatsutnoigrim 04-21-2014

Here I present my first CD model: a daemonic construct.

All the assyrian imagery of the CD really appealed me, so when I decided to make a pair of constructs for my army It was very clear that one of them should be a mechanical bull, stating the devotion of it's constructors to the father of darkness.

more stuff in my blog: into the maelstorm

04-21-2014 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: The sons of HatsutYodrin 04-21-2014

Not sure what Hatsut is, but I am familiar with Hashut Wink Wink

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

04-21-2014 03:31 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 158
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: The sons of HatsutAdmiral 04-21-2014

Haha, that mechanical bull is a nice start. You should to give it details and perhaps some more angles to avoid a boxy toy look. How about making some segmented plates on its body and legs? It could be done with cardboard, though I recommend cut-off lengths of plastic rod for rivets.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
04-21-2014 03:34 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 234
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: The sons of HatsutMadHatter 04-21-2014

freaking love oldschoolstyle stuff! With a little color and bitz on that I bet it can become really cool

It's Hashut, however seeing how this is a community of gentlemen it just might be right sometimes to pronounce it Hatsuit Wink

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
04-21-2014 03:36 PM
noigrim
Hobgoblin

RE: The sons of Hatsutnoigrim 04-21-2014

Truth is that it's a joke about hats, Hat-shut anyone?

Thanks for the advice Admiral it's a great idea

04-21-2014 03:51 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               

Ah, yeah. Another green stuff free method which anyone can do at home is to create fire out of toilet paper and super glue like Bloodbeard did. I guess it would take some work to get it right.

Another alternative divine name would be Hatsup. Much useful for rites involving food intake. Tongue

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
04-21-2014 03:56 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 234
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: The sons of HatsutMadHatter 04-21-2014

Admiral Wrote:
Ah, yeah. Another green stuff free method which anyone can do at home is to create fire out of toilet paper and super glue like Bloodbeard did. I guess it would take some work to get it right.

Another alternative divine name would be Hatsup. Much useful for rites involving food intake. Tongue

That's pure gold hahaha! Really Admiral, "Hats up" is a damn useful expression. When someones feeling down "Hats up dwarf, everyone has bad days sometimes!" or perhaps a phrase for suiting or gearing up before hitting the pub? At the Uzkulak festival "Put your hats in the air"? Perhaps when the Look-out Sir rule is used a troop is really yelling "Hats up sir!"?

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
04-21-2014 04:07 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: The sons of HatsutYodrin 04-21-2014

MadHatter Wrote:
It's Hashut, however seeing how this is a community of gentlemen it just might be right sometimes to pronounce it Hatsuit Wink

I also think many in this forum would like Hat-sweet!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

04-21-2014 04:44 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Another detail source would be watch components. Don't hesitate to buy it. It's very useful for flavour and one purchase for £15 will last you a lifetime. If you do, you might want to construct the legs out of something else. Polysterene is flimsy and will melt at contact with super glue. Best to do it in any case, since the legs might break off anyday with polystyrene legs.

MadHatter Wrote:

That's pure gold hahaha! Really Admiral, "Hats up" is a damn useful expression. When someones feeling down "Hats up dwarf, everyone has bad days sometimes!" or perhaps a phrase for suiting or gearing up before hitting the pub? At the Uzkulak festival "Put your hats in the air"? Perhaps when the Look-out Sir rule is used a troop is really yelling "Hats up sir!"?

Haha, that's true! I was actually thinking of hats and ketchup, and hatsoup, so it's your discovery. Takes Hat off

Yodrin Wrote:
I also think many in this forum would like Hat-sweet!

Cheers!

Chaos Dwarf Writings:

This post was last modified: 04-21-2014 04:59 PM by Admiral.

04-21-2014 04:56 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: The sons of HatsutBloodbeard 04-22-2014

"And this my little zharrlings is how you completly hijack a thread..."

Admiral Wrote:

actually real easy to make. Easy to get right the first time around. The trick is to not get glue all over yourself, kids, cats and other living things. Still have to master that part.

04-22-2014 02:12 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: The sons of HatsutAdmiral 04-22-2014

You might also want to invest in a little plasticard of different thicknesses from Galeforce Nine or whatnot. It's really handy, more durable and allows you to pull off more advanced tricks than with cardboard. Not that you should rebuild your nice construct in plasticard, but rather you might find it useful to glue plasticard plates onto the cardboard structure. Mainly due to the thickness one cannot achieve by single sheets of cardboard.

Will that Daemonic construct have victims running for their lives or something like that on its base? Happy

Bloodbeard Wrote:
"And this my little zharrlings is how you completly hijack a thread..."

Waddya mean? I've kept on topic a little in every post. Tongue Wink

Chaos Dwarf Writings:

This post was last modified: 04-22-2014 03:04 AM by Admiral.

04-22-2014 02:54 AM
noigrim
Hobgoblin

RE: The sons of Hatsutnoigrim 04-22-2014

No I'll just draw a rune of Hashut in magma on the base like someone did in word of hashut (but with a chaos star)

This post was last modified: 04-22-2014 07:18 AM by noigrim.

04-22-2014 07:17 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites