Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 Next > Last »
Artisan's Contest XV
Author MessageArtisan's Contest XV
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 248
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVAdmiral 06-22-2014

Abecedar Wrote:
Does anyone else have this problem?

" I started by thinking which three spells to make markers for"
then OCD kicked in and my reasoning (those little voices in the head)
tells me I have to make a marker for every single spell in a lore.

That's the completionist in you! Why not? But go for the three AC XV spell counters first. Happy

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Deadline 31st of October  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
06-22-2014 05:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1687
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVAbecedar 06-22-2014

The "completist" in me is continually being frustrated by my rampant (and highly un-useful at times) imagination.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
06-22-2014 06:12 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVAbecedar 06-25-2014

How will everybody be able to identify what my markers represent whilst voting?

Can we / should we put a short description at or on the base of the marker?

IE: Hashut #2, Death #6, Metal Sig.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 06-25-2014 07:02 AM by Abecedar.

06-25-2014 04:59 AM
Chaosftw
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 13

RE: Artisan's Contest XVChaosftw 06-25-2014

I feel like this may be a silly question but oh well...

Q: Do the markers need to be painted? or is the judging purely based on the concept, design and execution?

Thanks!

My CD Army Blog
06-25-2014 10:56 AM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVMadHatter 06-26-2014

I really hope i'll be ready in time, got the greenstuff today Happy

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
06-26-2014 04:00 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVAdmiral 06-27-2014

Abecedar Wrote:
How will everybody be able to identify what my markers represent whilst voting?

Can we / should we put a short description at or on the base of the marker?

IE: Hashut #2, Death #6, Metal Sig.

Yes, that's a good idea. You don't need to write it out (a bit of guess game could add to the fun), but it's a small bonus and would be helpful during games as well. First post updated.

Herby Wrote:
I thought about that too. I will put some small notes about lore and spell number next to them.

Or maybe put them on the equal magic card.

Do that, it sure is welcome aboard!

Chaosftw Wrote:
I feel like this may be a silly question but oh well...

Q: Do the markers need to be painted? or is the judging purely based on the concept, design and execution?

Thanks!

Yep. First post updated. The painting isn't the focal point of Artisan's Contests, but rather the creativity and execution. Still, it must be painted. The quality of some markers might only be noticeable with paint slapped on. Also, paint is more enjoyable to watch and judge than plastic, green stuff and other raw materials. Happy

MadHatter Wrote:
I really hope i'll be ready in time, got the greenstuff today Happy

Good luck!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Deadline 31st of October  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
06-27-2014 01:39 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Artisan's Contest XVAdmiral 06-30-2014

The summer-related hobby time scarcity issues of several participants have been taken into consideration, and by their wishes the deadline has been pushed forward to the 14th of July. That's the limit of flexibility, folks. After that I'll have to hop onto GH XXI to fit the schedule. Happy

Remember, should you run out of time to finish all three counters, then submit one or two instead.

Best of luck!

Chaos Dwarf Writings:
06-30-2014 03:06 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Slaves: 740
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVFuggit Khan 06-30-2014

Admiral Wrote:
the deadline has been pushed forward to the 14th of July.

Whew! Thank you Admiral, with most of my modeling stuff still packed in boxes due to moving to a new home, this will really help me out. I think I can manage one counter for sure, with a bit of luck (and some shortcuts) I should get 2 done.
Thanks again Cheers!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
06-30-2014 03:30 PM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Market Rep: 1
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVtorn 06-30-2014

I am doing 1. I'm struggling because I don't have warhammer 8th but luckily I have tamurkhan so used a spell from that.

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
06-30-2014 03:32 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Artisan's Contest XVAdmiral 06-30-2014

No worries, folks.

@torn: CDs have access to Fire and Metal magic, perhaps Death as well if I remember correctly. Just google the lores, I'm sure there exist some spell descriptions out there. Happy

Chaos Dwarf Writings:
06-30-2014 03:34 PM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1256
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVNicodemus 06-30-2014

Yes, Fire, Metal and Death. The army can access Shadow as well via a mounted Lammasu.

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

06-30-2014 04:09 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVBloodbeard 07-05-2014

Finished building and base coated my magic counters yesterday. Hopefully I'll find time to paint them - to a satisfying standard.

07-05-2014 10:41 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest XVAbecedar 07-07-2014

Mine is in.   I've had to bite the bullet and stop trying to make them better.  Am back at work this week and will hardly have anytime to spare anyway.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-07-2014 07:32 AM
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVBloodbeard 07-09-2014

Just finished my entry! When daylight comes I'll take my four photos and submit them.

I'm really curious as to how many are gonna join this one.

07-09-2014 06:14 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Slaves: 740
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVFuggit Khan 07-10-2014

Just submitted my entry...I'm only entering one counter though, I did have two made, but one of them seems to have disappeared during the unpacking of boxes from moving to my new home Sad

Bloodbeard Wrote:
I'm really curious as to how many are gonna join this one.

I was wondering the same thing, I think there will be a good number of entries because this is a really fun theme.
Looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
07-10-2014 11:35 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Artisan's Contest XVAdmiral 07-11-2014

Good work, guys.

I'll PM every participant who has submitted an entry, so if you don't receive a notification then please contact me and try again with the submission to Staff.

This is just a small safeguard against technical errors and whatnot, you never know. It would be a shame if someone was left out due to a glitch. This will be standard procedure for every contest I'll head in the coming months, Artisan's or Golden Hat.

Chaos Dwarf Writings:

This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 05:36 AM by Admiral.

07-11-2014 05:36 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1364
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVZanko 07-11-2014

Sorry guys!

I hab to make an important exam for my job at July 3rd and so I really had no time for anything! Sad

Nonetheless I'm excited to see all the entries! Cheers!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

07-11-2014 01:50 PM
Bloodbeard

RE: Artisan's Contest XVBloodbeard 07-12-2014

After snapping a million photos, and going through a tough deleting phase, I narrowed it down to four. Send them in. Good luck everyone.

07-12-2014 06:05 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest XVMadHatter 07-13-2014

Adding finishing touches...

07-13-2014 04:19 AM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest XVMadHatter 07-13-2014

Sent in mine now Happy

07-13-2014 12:33 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXVIII Admiral 6 848 10-18-2019 01:48 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest Gallery & Scribe's Contest Hall of Fame Up Now Admiral 1 628 09-27-2019 09:08 PM
Last Post: Reaver of Uzkulak
  Artisan's Contest XXVII - Winners! Admiral 13 5,621 08-14-2019 04:55 AM
Last Post: Will Liam
  Artisan's Contest XXVII - Voting! Admiral 16 5,663 07-11-2019 08:17 PM
Last Post: Fuggit Khan
  Artisan's Contest XXVII Admiral 45 7,519 07-04-2019 02:28 PM
Last Post: Jackswift

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites