Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Artisan's Contest XVI
Author MessageArtisan's Contest XVI
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1256
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
Artisan's Contest XVINicodemus 12-02-2014

Welcome to Artisan's Contest XVI!

Displaced Chaos Dwarfs

The theme for this Artisan's Contest is to create anything Chaos Dwarf-related that shows Chaos Dwarfs displaced from their usual setting. Let your imagination go wild here! Have you been wanting to create Satan Claus on his daemonic sleigh being pulled by a flaming taurus? An evil stunty Dr. Who feeding slaves to his daemon-powered TARDIS? Polo playing Bull centaurs? A unit of Slaanesh-worshing Chaos Dwarfs? Ogres that look like Chaos Dwarfs (been done, but don't let that stop you)? Undead Chaos Dwarfs? A Chaos Dwarf version of the iconic HeroQuest characters? A Brony/Bull Centaur cross over (shudder)? Or, perhaps you just want to create something as quaint and picturesque as a Chaos Dwarf in his art studio making something Jackson Pollock-like out of entrails? Well now is your chance to do that and possibly go down in CDO fame by winning ACXVI and getting a medal at the same time!

This contest is unrestricted in terms of scope - it can be a single model, a diorama, a piece of terrain, an entire unit, etc. The minimum requirement is that there be at least one Chaos Dwarf-themed model (so a Chaos Dwarf, Bull Centaur, or something that looks like one of these... which could include Goblins with axes and beards, for example) that the model(s) must fit the theme/scene/character/sport/story/place/etc you are trying to convey. It is entirely up to you to figure out how to achieve what you're going for and we won't turn any entries away or be rules laywers about your interpretation of how to achieve this.

Prize
The very nice people at Dark Art Studios has been so kind to donate their new model Goretrek the Chaos Dwarf as a prize for the winner!
The miniature is limited to 100 castings, comes with a letter of authenticity - this price is marked 1 of 100.
A very big thank you to Byron Townshend and Dark Art Studios for providing this fine price!

Deadline

The deadline for the submission of entries is January 13th 2015 at 11:59pm EST.

Only enter if you are happy with the rules as they are stated:

Rules of the Competition

Each member may only enter once.

Each member may submit anything they like, as long as there is at least one Chaos Dwarf/Bull Centaur model, based or unbased (plinths, display bases, dioramas, etc are all fair game, so no restrictions).

Submissions should include four pictures. No overlaid words of explanation or photoshop effects in your submitted photos please. They have to speak for themselves.

No posting of entries in the forum until after the winners of ACXVI have been announced, and you can't have shown any of the pieces in their finished form elsewhere before.

How to Enter?

Submit your entry by sending a PM to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to) with four photos of your entry. Please do not send PMs or e-mails to any of the admin or staff accounts as this is a sure fire way to have your entry missed.

Please note that your entry will benefit if the photos are all clearly composed, since voters will base their judgement upon what they can see in the pictures on their computer screens.

How will this be judged?

By the mid-January we will post all entries to a new thread and voting can commence!

Good Luck everyone!
The Staff

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 02:27 AM by Bloodbeard.

12-02-2014 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 340
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIKamphre 12-03-2014

Oh my !
The theme is cool but the deadline is a bit short for me, as I have lots of "jobwork" and Christmas presents to find.
I will try to do something but it's not sure yet.

12-03-2014 02:34 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1539
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVItjub 12-03-2014

This should be fun, loads of ideas just hope there is time... Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

12-03-2014 02:51 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIBloodbeard 12-03-2014

I have a plan and a back up plan already. It's time to build some of those "would never really get done" projects. Better start working on the back up plan right away.

12-03-2014 03:26 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVITheHoodedMan 12-03-2014

A absolutely cool theme for the contest. I`ve got a rough idea, but not sure if I can realize that one.

12-03-2014 03:41 AM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 234
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIMadHatter 12-03-2014

Real great theme Happy

This should be exciting!

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
12-03-2014 05:57 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 158
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIAdmiral 12-03-2014

Told ya Nicodemus had an ace theme in his sleeve for Artisan's Contest XVI. Wink

I look forward to see everyone's entries! If I can join, it will probably be a last minute ditch of the dice come the new year.

@Herby: Nicodemus is busy to the top right now. He might check in on the forum from time to time, but we should count him as being away.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 12:09 PM by Admiral.

12-03-2014 12:07 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1389
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIZanko 12-03-2014

Sounds quite cool ... but in the moment I really have no idea! Sad

O.k. some time is left!

We will see if the muse will kiss me! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

12-03-2014 12:43 PM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVItorn 12-03-2014

Im going to need an idea here, I have a couple but nothing I think I could get done in the time frame. hmmmmmm.

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
12-03-2014 12:46 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1705
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIAbecedar 12-03-2014

Oh I have an idea all right but realising it. That is a whole different kettle of fish.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-03-2014 05:00 PM
Red Skullz
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 106
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIRed Skullz 12-05-2014

I've got a couple of good ideas so I'm in Happy

[Blood Bowl] Zharr-Naggrund Juggernauts

Team Anarchy, gaming community (in norwegian).
12-05-2014 04:12 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gIL^
Playing Age of Sigmar

Slaves: 224

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIgIL^ 12-06-2014

I probably would of entered but the deadline is super short Sad

12-06-2014 09:48 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 158
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIAdmiral 12-07-2014

@Abecedar: True, true.

@Herby: Good spirit. Just dive for it, don't get distracted.

@gIL^: It's 1½ month, which is longer than usual. Granted, Christmas and New Year's Eve might make this too short anyway.

Just to get a sense of things: How many people here can't enter because of deadline, but will enter if the deadline is 2 months long instead? If that's a huge number I don't see a problem for us prolonging the deadline.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
12-07-2014 03:47 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIAbecedar 12-07-2014

Am going to go for my original grandious idea.  It is I think going to take my CD volunteer well out of his comfort zone.  An extension would be welcome due to Xmas and New Year

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-07-2014 04:22 AM
gIL^
Playing Age of Sigmar

Slaves: 224

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIgIL^ 12-07-2014

Yes Admiral i would enter if the deadline was 2 months.

12-07-2014 11:07 PM
Mivrash Faz
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 54

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIMivrash Faz 12-08-2014

Almost finished my entry for the contest. Hopefully I'll be able to post it in the next day or so.

12-08-2014 07:09 AM
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIBloodbeard 12-08-2014

Mivrash Faz Wrote:
Almost finished my entry for the contest. Hopefully I'll be able to post it in the next day or so.

That was mighty fast! Remember to send it to "Staff" and not post them publicly.

I have a small entry this time, but managed to pledge my k'daai destroyer for december, has to get done first.

12-08-2014 07:27 AM
Mivrash Faz
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 54

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIMivrash Faz 12-08-2014

My entry was/is a unit filler that just happens to fit the criteria for the contest. The January deadline just put a little fire under my feet and encouraged me to move a bit faster with this guy. Will most certainly send to STAFF, Admiral already gave me a heads up Cheers!

12-08-2014 07:37 AM
Bloodbeard

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIBloodbeard 12-10-2014

When asking for permission to feature their material on our wiki, I asked Dark Arts Studios if they would donate some Goretreks as prizes. So now:

Prize
The very nice people at Dark Art Studios has been so kind to donate their new model Goretrek the Chaos Dwarf as a prize for the winner!
The miniature is limited to 100 castings, comes with a letter of authenticity - this price is marked 1 of 100.
A very big thank you to Byron Townshend and Dark Art Studios for providing this fine price!

First post updated.

12-10-2014 02:30 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIAbecedar 12-10-2014

Awesome prize. I loves it.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-10-2014 03:45 AM
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXIX Admiral 6 553 12-04-2019 10:00 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Winners! Admiral 8 466 11-25-2019 10:26 AM
Last Post: Reaver of Uzkulak
  Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Voting! Admiral 5 650 11-19-2019 11:11 PM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XXVIII Admiral 22 2,546 11-13-2019 08:27 AM
Last Post: Hashoooot
  Artisan's Contest Gallery & Scribe's Contest Hall of Fame Up Now Admiral 1 1,174 09-27-2019 09:08 PM
Last Post: Reaver of Uzkulak

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites