Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Admiral is now an Admin
Author MessageAdmiral is now an Admin
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminBloodbeard 04-14-2015

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Main Page Update
If you have any wishes, suggestions or other concerns regarding CDOs main page, reply to this thread or send me a PM.

The main page/title index needs pics of some Big Hats! It only has pics of helms/masks Sad
Nothing wrong with pics of helms/masks, but please add some Big Hats to balance it out (maybe even a Hobgoblin?!) Takes Hat off

You are absolutely right Mr. Fuggit Khan. Which armies do you suggest should go into the main page representing the big hats?

04-14-2015 02:21 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminFuggit Khan 04-14-2015

Bloodbeard Wrote:
You are absolutely right Mr. Fuggit Khan. Which armies do you suggest should go into the main page representing the big hats?

Dang, my thought process did not take that minor detail into account Sad
There are lots of great Big Hat models here on CDO...perhaps a public poll can help decide?
In fact, how about all new model pics shown on the main page, new pics of helms/masks/hats...the old pics are cool, but maybe it's time for something new?

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
04-14-2015 02:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminBloodbeard 04-14-2015

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Bloodbeard Wrote:

Dang, my thought process did not take that minor detail into account Sad
There are lots of great Big Hat models here on CDO...perhaps a public poll can help decide?
In fact, how about all new model pics shown on the main page, new pics of helms/masks/hats...the old pics are cool, but maybe it's time for something new?

We are not gonna delete the old armies (they are still great). And we currently have 5 (I think) agreed upon armies that we will add to the army galleries. And there are a classic big hat army amongst them.

But suggestions are more than welcome (so that the admins doesn't have to decide who gets the glory). Nominate your fellow hobbyists.

04-14-2015 03:04 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Parish
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 172

RE: Admiral is now an AdminParish 04-14-2015

Well done Happy

04-14-2015 03:35 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1334
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Admiral is now an Admincornixt 04-14-2015

Dînadan Wrote:
Congrats Admiral, that's a well earned promotion.  Btw, what is the next rank up from Admiral?  Isn't it the highest rank in the naval hierarchy? Tongue Wink

He's Admineral now.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

04-14-2015 04:12 PM
Doombeard
Unregistered

RE: Admiral is now an AdminDoombeard 04-14-2015

Admiral-min!

04-14-2015 04:48 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 148
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminAdmiral 04-14-2015

@Fuggit Khan: My cat will keep to the shadows and rule indirectly as a grey eminence and puppet master. Or go on toppling our miniatures. Big Grin

Thank you very much, everyone! If I do manage to learn the mysteries of software from Xander, the purpose of the Adminship is simply to help with updating the front page galleries as a way to "conclude" the contests we run (apart from their pages in WoH, which hopefully is to come a bit later). And maybe do some more besides, but the initial scope is limited on purpose here.

We've got quite some competition winners to catch up with, and a new Scribe's Contest gallery to create. Nowadays, there's probably up towards a dozen armies which should make it to the army gallery. Perhaps even more. We hope to not only display the sheer skill and creativity of members, but also the width and variety of GW's and people's take on Chaos Dwarfs. Ideally, we'll end up with some 3rd edition army, some big hat armies, some LoA armies, some mixed armies and some scratchbuilt armies. As Bloodbeard pointed out, feel free to nominate armies for the gallery!

Haha, we'll settle for Admineral, in order to masquerade as a mining prospector when among the landlubbers. Tongue Wink

In the Royal Navy hierarchy, I guess First Sea Lord would be the highest rank?

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 04-14-2015 07:22 PM by Admiral.

04-14-2015 07:20 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminFuggit Khan 04-14-2015

Bloodbeard Wrote:
We are not gonna delete the old armies (they are still great).

Yes, agreed! Please don't delete pics of the old armies, you're right, they are all great.
What I meant to say is to possibly update the CDO banner (sorry, I earlier referred to 'main page' pic, I meant to say the banner...is that what it's called?)...the banner only shows helms/masks...so possibly update the CDO banner to include some Big Hats Takes Hat off

This post was last modified: 04-14-2015 07:38 PM by Fuggit Khan.

04-14-2015 07:35 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 52
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminDînadan 04-14-2015

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Bloodbeard Wrote:

Yes, agreed! Please don't delete pics of the old armies, you're right, they are all great.
What I meant to say is to possibly update the CDO banner (sorry, I earlier referred to 'main page' pic, I meant to say the banner...is that what it's called?)...the banner only shows helms/masks...so possibly update the CDO banner to include some Big Hats Takes Hat off

Yeah, banner is the term you're after.  While we're at it, why not throw a 3rd ed into the mix so it's truly representive of all Chaos Dwarfs?

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

04-14-2015 07:48 PM
Bloodbeard

RE: Admiral is now an AdminBloodbeard 04-15-2015

Dînadan Wrote:

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Bloodbeard Wrote:

Yeah, banner is the term you're after.  While we're at it, why not throw a 3rd ed into the mix so it's truly representive of all Chaos Dwarfs?

A brilliant idea. And way above my skill level. I'll try to figure out which font is used for the banner and then anyone who thing they are up for the task can try and make something.

04-15-2015 12:11 AM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 234
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminMadHatter 04-15-2015

cornixt Wrote:

Dînadan Wrote:
Congrats Admiral, that's a well earned promotion.  Btw, what is the next rank up from Admiral?  Isn't it the highest rank in the naval hierarchy? Tongue Wink

He's Admineral now.

Admineral Cheers!

Does that mean he's turning to stone?

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!

This post was last modified: 04-15-2015 01:29 AM by MadHatter.

04-15-2015 01:28 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminAbecedar 04-15-2015

Admineral? lacking in something in his diet because he spends so much time writing?

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
04-15-2015 04:14 AM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminYodrin 04-15-2015

I would go for AdmirableWink

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

04-15-2015 05:30 AM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 251
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminBABIS 04-15-2015

welcome Adminral Wink

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

04-15-2015 08:07 AM
Helblindi
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 245
Scribe's Contest Gold Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminHelblindi 04-16-2015

Congratz Admiral!

Helblindi's Throng: Karak Brothar
My Evil Throng: Helblindi's Legion
My Blood Bowl stuff
04-16-2015 04:51 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 148
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminAdmiral 04-19-2015

Thank you kindly folks! Admineral it is then. Takes Hat off

Been away and busy for various reasons. Will continue to be that for this week, but hopefully will be back as normal by next week.

@Abecedar: Haha, who knows? That, or maybe an abundance of minerals due to turning to stone!

@Yodrin: Too kind! Wink

Regarding the banner idea, we should ideally have one 3rd edition Chaos Dwarf, one 4th edition Chaos Dwarf, one Hobgoblin, (at least) one Hellcannon Chaos Dwarf, one scratchbuilt (BFSP?) Chaos Dwarf and one Legion of Azgorh Chaos Dwarf to represent the different eras of GW Dawi Zharr. Nicodemus is the man for this task, both for choosing miniatures and creating a neat banner with the right fonts. And I'd please like to keep at least one of the masked Chaos Dwarfs seen in the current banner in a new one, for the sake of continuity if nothing else.

Don't miss Scribe's Contest III and your chance to put your mark on Chaos Dwarfs in the End Times!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 12:20 PM by Admiral.

04-19-2015 12:15 PM
Scar
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 200
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Silver                               
RE: Admiral is now an AdminScar 04-20-2015

Gratz! Big Grin

04-20-2015 05:09 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

RE: Admiral is now an AdminFuggit Khan 04-20-2015

Admiral Wrote:
Regarding the banner idea, we should ideally have one 3rd edition Chaos Dwarf, one 4th edition Chaos Dwarf, one Hobgoblin, (at least) one Hellcannon Chaos Dwarf, one scratchbuilt (BFSP?) Chaos Dwarf and one Legion of Azgorh Chaos Dwarf to represent the different eras of GW Dawi Zharr. Nicodemus is the man for this task, both for choosing miniatures and creating a neat banner with the right fonts. And I'd please like to keep at least one of the masked Chaos Dwarfs seen in the current banner in a new one, for the sake of continuity if nothing else.

Excellent idea! An all inclusive banner would be great Cheers!

This post was last modified: 04-20-2015 11:35 AM by Fuggit Khan.

04-20-2015 11:35 AM
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Moderator: Admiral! Xander 15 8,410 06-04-2014 03:31 AM
Last Post: Roark

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites