Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!
Author MessageArtisan's Contest XVII - Voting!
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Bloodbeard 06-24-2015

The world is being ripped apart by the tides of chaos. Everything known has started to crumble and fall. Which structures will stand through the turmoil of The End Times? Which ruins will remain in the Wasteland as a testament of Powers of Old.

Welcome to the voting thread for the 17th Artisan's Contest!

How to vote:
Please submit 3 numbers as votes by sending a PM to the Staff account (a special account all Staff members can access). We had 7 entries this time, which means each entrant will receive 7 slaves once the winners have been announced.

Each (more or less) anonymous entry is numbered ranging from 1 to 7. There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Simply list the three that you like and we will do the rest. You are not allowed to vote for yourself.

Voting will close at 11:59 PM July 1st, 2015 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone).   Once the votes are tallied we will post the results.

<1     <2     <3     <4     <5     <6
    <7

Entry 1

Entry 2

Entry 3

Entry 4

Entry 5

Entry 6

Entry 7

Album Link
Should you be unable to view the attachments, Bloodbeard has made a Public Picassa album with the entries: Entries in order

The shiny prizes
DAGabriel has been so kind to donate some models from his collection and thus there'll be a nice 3rd edition prize for the entire top three!

1st place will recieve a Bazooka Team:

2nd place will recieve a Barin Spikehead:

3rd place will recieve a  Lufin Bristlebeard:

But this is not all! The nice people over at Greenstuff World have decided to make three donations as well. Three randomly chosen participants will receive a Texture Pin Roll, for making great looking bases and patterns in greenstuff.

All entries will be posted to Green Stuff Worlds Creative Site, a page where some members has already shared their works.

Great job everyone and good luck!
Bloodbeard on behalf of the CDO Staff

This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 07:39 AM by Bloodbeard.

06-24-2015 04:44 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 340
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Kamphre 06-24-2015

I was expecting more entries, due to the lack of updates on the blogs. Maybe too many were ambitious like proper Chaos Dwarfs !

Great job everyone and good luck !

06-24-2015 05:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1705
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Abecedar 06-24-2015

I actually wasn't expecting a lot of entries and a big thanks to those who did enter.
But I too think that the End of Times theme itself may have lead to over-imaginationitis (I know I did). And thinking of huge things and big events may have put a lot of people off or like some just been unable to finish a big themed contest in time.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 05:28 AM by Abecedar.

06-24-2015 05:27 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!TheHoodedMan 06-24-2015

Abecedar Wrote:
I actually wasn't expecting a lot of entries and a big thanks to those who did enter.
But I too think that the End of Times theme itself may have lead to over-imaginationitis (I know I did). And thinking of huge things and big events may have put a lot of people off or like some just been unable to finish a big themed contest in time.

Yes, maybe you`re right.
Nevertheless the entries are great, thanks to all of you creating one.
I`ve got to think some hours about my votes.

06-24-2015 05:39 AM
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Bloodbeard 06-24-2015

Kamphre Wrote:
I was expecting more entries, due to the lack of updates on the blogs. Maybe too many were ambitious like proper Chaos Dwarfs !

I would like to hear from the people who wanted to enter - but who didn't - why it's so. Like MalornDK and Admiral.

I was expecting more entries as well, as the competition allowed for very small entries as well. And the random prize give away would be well worth the effort of putting together a small barricade, ruined wall etc.

I summer genereally a down time for hobby work? I know my time is flying by, and more poor unpainted hobgoblins are laughing at me.

As always I have some clear favourites. But the third vote will be hard to give out.

This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 07:43 AM by Bloodbeard.

06-24-2015 07:43 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 52
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Dînadan 06-24-2015

Some nice entries there, especially the last one - hope that whoever made it plans on making more; would love to see an entire line of them (possibly some variants carrying war machines or siege equipment) lumbering forwards towards a city wall.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

06-24-2015 09:04 AM
Miasma
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 156
Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Miasma 06-24-2015

I really wanted to enter but unfortunately could not as I have had to return home to look after my mother following knee surgery. All of my time outside of work (which is now busier then ever) was pretty much me acting as a taxi to food shops, follow up appointments and pharmacy pick ups. I have all of the equipment I need approximately 300 miles away so will be building but not for the forseeable future, it also explains my lack of activity on the boards of late

5th Edition Chaos Dwarf Army Log
Eeeew Elves
06-24-2015 10:03 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Fuggit Khan 06-24-2015

Interesting entries Takes Hat off
I thought I had already picked my favorite three, but then I clicked on the attachments which allowed me to see the full size pics. And then I saw more details that I had initially overlooked.
Time to rethink my favorite choices Hashut!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
06-24-2015 11:42 AM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 515
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!DAGabriel 06-24-2015

Great work everyone even if my favorite was clear from the first moment.
First two are easy but third will be a pain to choose.

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
06-24-2015 04:15 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Grimstonefire 06-24-2015

I'm curious, could the person who did the first entry pm me.  I'd like to know if it's got lighting on the inside.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
06-24-2015 04:24 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1539
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!tjub 06-24-2015

Great entries, more than I would have thought... Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

06-24-2015 04:32 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Abecedar 06-24-2015

Grimstonefire Wrote:
I'm curious, could the person who did the first entry pm me.  I'd like to know if it's got lighting on the inside.

I'd already personally decided that I believed that it was internally lit.   Will be impressed with it even if it isn't.
I remember commenting on that model when someone posted it, but cannot remember when and where.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
06-24-2015 07:52 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 52
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Dînadan 06-24-2015

Abecedar Wrote:

Grimstonefire Wrote:

I'd already personally decided that I believed that it was internally lit.   Will be impressed with it even if it isn't.
I remember commenting on that model when someone posted it, but cannot remember when and where.

Thought I'd seen it posted on here somewhere before - isn't it part of a display board?

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

06-24-2015 07:59 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Abecedar 06-26-2015

My votes are in.

All I remember is talking about the size of it

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
06-26-2015 08:18 AM
Bloodbeard

RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Bloodbeard 06-27-2015

Please respect the "anonymity" of the contest - as much as it is possible. That includes not asking for entrants to "show themselves" and linking to blogs with very strong (despite old) hints on who's behind the entry.

Remember that the rules state entries "may not have been shown in a complete state before".

Whatever detective work and blog trawling you might do is fine - but don't post your results until after the competition.

Cheers gentlemen.

(What a way to bump the thread. Vote people!)

06-27-2015 05:03 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Abecedar 06-27-2015

I always vote before thinking too hard about who did what.  
The "model" in question was viewed by a link in a discussion of its merits. So it was never shown before as far as I know.
I still don't kinow who it was as I'd rather wait for the proper revelation and surprise of who did what.
And then go "Yep. I should have known."

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
06-27-2015 07:03 PM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 515
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!DAGabriel 06-28-2015

Votes are in!

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
06-28-2015 11:14 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Fuggit Khan 06-29-2015

Just sent in my votes (and giving this thread a bump)
Please support your fellow Dawi Zharr and their modeling efforts, everybody please vote! Cheers!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
06-29-2015 01:49 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Grimstonefire 06-29-2015

I just read your blurb under the banner here.  That's quite inspirational actually to think about how Zharr Naggrund would look after the fall of the world.

I suppose that's what these Artisans are about, to inspire.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
06-29-2015 04:43 PM
Bloodbeard

RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Voting!Bloodbeard 07-01-2015

Last day of voting folks! Just received the three winners of the draw for the prizes given by Greenstuff World.

07-01-2015 01:32 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXIX Admiral 6 520 Yesterday 10:00 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Winners! Admiral 8 441 11-25-2019 10:26 AM
Last Post: Reaver of Uzkulak
  Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Voting! Admiral 5 624 11-19-2019 11:11 PM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XXVIII Admiral 22 2,503 11-13-2019 08:27 AM
Last Post: Hashoooot
  Artisan's Contest Gallery & Scribe's Contest Hall of Fame Up Now Admiral 1 1,156 09-27-2019 09:08 PM
Last Post: Reaver of Uzkulak

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites