Post Reply  Post Thread 
Language, censorship and consequences.
Author MessageLanguage, censorship and consequences.
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
Language, censorship and consequences.Bloodbeard 06-28-2015

Hello fellow Dawi Zharr. This is one of those post, that's not fun to make for an Admin.

During the last six month, we have seen an increase in hard and bad language on this page. This has also been noted to the staff from several members of our community.

It's a shame really.

One thing we often here about our community is how good and respectful the general tone and discussions are. That's setting us apart from much of the internet. This is worth keeping.

I have been censoring the posts found containing profanity and changing words to "apple pie", "water melon", "fruit cake" etc. And some post have simply had the words removed.

Several members have received friendly reminders, some members have received warnings - depending on the individual cases.

The subject of "Age of Sigmar" have seen an explosion of cussing on this forum.

As a consequence (because using forum time on censoring is a bad use of time), post containing profanity, cuss words and bad language will simply be edited to:

This post was removed due to bad language!

Have a nice day gentlemen. Let's keep our forum clean and to the high standard CDO is known for.

06-28-2015 04:01 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1389
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.Zanko 06-28-2015

In the last few weeks I was not here regulary so I have not mentioned the incidents.

I must admit that I love this forum not only because of the topic (CDs), also because of the friendly contacts to the members and the kindly responses in the posts.

I left in the last days a german forum exactly of the unfriendly togetherness.

So I support the staff in all means to get CDO the place I love!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

06-28-2015 05:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.Abecedar 06-28-2015

I concur whole heartedly

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
06-28-2015 06:40 AM
Zuh-Khinie
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 335

RE: Language, censorship and consequences.Zuh-Khinie 06-28-2015

I applaud this as well.

My army blog Cheers!
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10136

06-28-2015 06:48 AM
MadHatter
Zharr-Naggrund Fancyhat

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 234
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.MadHatter 06-28-2015

I've personally harshened a bit at times.

Point taken.

Lets keep this community clean you pineapples.

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
BAD BATTLEREPORTS
06-28-2015 06:58 AM
gIL^
Playing Age of Sigmar

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 224

RE: Language, censorship and consequences.gIL^ 06-28-2015

Good move admin. This is a decent forum.l for decent people.

This post was last modified: 06-28-2015 09:47 AM by gIL^.

06-28-2015 09:47 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 52
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.Dînadan 06-28-2015

One thought, to make things easier for the mods - is it possible to have an auto censer function?  Some forums have a feature where the admins can set up a list of words and the forum will automatically remove/censor them from posts, but no idea if such a thing can be put in place here.

People still need to mind their language, but it'll catch any that slip through.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

06-28-2015 09:51 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.TheHoodedMan 06-28-2015

i agree totally with the first post.
Harshness does not only come from.some words, too.

06-28-2015 12:40 PM
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.Bloodbeard 06-28-2015

Thanks for your support gents. Cheers! I love this place.

Dînadan Wrote:
One thought, to make things easier for the mods - is it possible to have an auto censer function?  Some forums have a feature where the admins can set up a list of words and the forum will automatically remove/censor them from posts, but no idea if such a thing can be put in place here.

People still need to mind their language, but it'll catch any that slip through.

We can set a filter like that - and we have discussed it in staff. Personally I really dislike like it, when forums do that to me.

Secondly it's okay to assume people are polite and respectful.

06-28-2015 02:49 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doombeard
Unregistered

RE: Language, censorship and consequences.Doombeard 06-28-2015

cant we punish somehow, like remove slaves or turn their avatar into a picture of a vanilla dwarf or hobgoblin or something for a week?!

06-28-2015 04:50 PM
Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1546
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.tjub 06-29-2015

Doombeard Wrote:
cant we punish somehow, like remove slaves or turn their avatar into a picture of a vanilla dwarf or hobgoblin or something for a week?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuiiGTg0l6g

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

06-29-2015 12:17 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.Fuggit Khan 06-29-2015

Doombeard Wrote:
cant we punish somehow,  turn their avatar into a picture of a hobgoblin or something for a week?!

?

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
06-29-2015 11:32 AM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 510
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.JMR 06-29-2015

Doombeard Wrote:

Oi! What are you getting at?! I say we gut him, Fuggit!

On topic, I haven't seen the harsh words, so I guess you're modding well. I'm not a fan of word filters.

My blogs:
-Renewed Chaos Dwarf log- -Manticlicious Chaos Dwarves-
-Dark Elves with a hint of Slaanesh- -Other stuff-
06-29-2015 11:41 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.Fuggit Khan 06-29-2015

JMR Wrote:

Doombeard Wrote:

On topic, I haven't seen the harsh words, so I guess you're modding well. I'm not a fan of word filters.

Yeah! Us greenskins gotta stick together Evil idea
I also am not a fan of auto word filters. In fact I once tried to login to CDO while I was visiting China...and I could not login because 'Fuggit' was auto censored.

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
06-29-2015 12:07 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 52
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.Dînadan 06-29-2015

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

JMR Wrote:

Doombeard Wrote:

Yeah! Us greenskins gotta stick together Evil idea
I also am not a fan of auto word filters. In fact I once tried to login to CDO while I was visiting China...and I could not login because 'Fuggit' was auto censored.

I'm betting it was 'git' that was censored and the word filter, being moronic only picked up on that.  You'd probably encounter the same problem if you were talking about your friend Richard and wanted to use the nickname for that name.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

06-29-2015 02:36 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Language, censorship and consequences.cornixt 06-29-2015

It would be annoying if you wanted to arrange a meet-up to see the Chronicles of Riddick in Scunthorpe.

I've toyed with the idea of implementing amusing alternatives and have everyone be surprised by it.  Or we could just be like US tv and make up our own fracking words to get around the shooty censors, who are a load of counts.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

06-29-2015 04:11 PM
Bloodbeard

RE: Language, censorship and consequences.Bloodbeard 06-29-2015

We could also go Firefly!

Da-shiang bao-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

06-29-2015 04:25 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites