Post Reply  Post Thread 
Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!
Author MessageArtisan's Contest XVII - Winners!
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Bloodbeard 07-02-2015

Time to announce the winners!
First of all thanks to all the people who have voted. You've shown great support of the competition this way, and we have had a lot of people vote this time. Thanks for that.

Secondly (of the competitions I've been organizing) this one has been best to count votes for. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place are all just one vote apart! And they changed places several times during the count! And for once no one is trailing behind by only a few votes. Good job gentlemen!

<1     <2     <3

First Place - Fuggit Khan - Entry 5 The first member to hold three of these below his avatar.

Second Place - Heavygear - Entry 1

Third Place - Kamphre - Entry 4

Congratulations to the winners.

You have won some beautiful 3rd edition miniatures donated by DAGabriel. Please get in contact with him, to find out how to get your prizes shipped.

An honourable mention
Nobody was close enough to get the traditional honourable mention. But this was the fifth competition DAGabriel entered. So there's a shiny Veterans Medal on the way to you.

If someone else should be awarded this, please speak up and tell us how many competitions you've entered.

Entry Key and Slaves
We've had 7 entries this time - so all participants will receive 7 freshly polished slaves. Why not send these chaps some more for their hard work?

Entry 1 - Heavygear
Entry 2 - Abecedar
Entry 3 - DAGabriel
Entry 4 - Kamphre
Entry 5 - Fuggit Khan
Entry 6 - Bloodbeard
Entry 7 - Grimstonefire

The Extra Prizes
Greenstuff World decided to donate some greenstuff pin rolls to three randomly chosen participants. I've had a mate with no knowledge of CDO roll a d8 (re-rolling 8's) for three different numbers. Congratulations to

Khampre you've won a Factory Floor Roll Pin

Fuggit Khan you've won a Hexagon Roll Pin

Bloodbeard I've won a Double Diamond Roll Pin.

Again thanks to Greenstuff World for providing these fine prizes. I will need your contact information gentlemen, so GSW can send you your prizes.

Stay tuned
Up next is another Scribe's Contest and then a Golden Hat. With all this Age of Sigmar stuff going on, we'll punp out some competitions here to help keep the site going.

Thanks for participating and showing support.

Bloodbeard on behalf of the Staff.

This post was last modified: 07-02-2015 01:26 AM by Bloodbeard.

07-02-2015 01:23 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!TheHoodedMan 07-02-2015

Congratulations to the winners and all participants for finding the motivation to build something in this AoS Paralysis Cheers!!

07-02-2015 01:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clam
Slave to Darkness

Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!clam 07-02-2015

Yes, congratulations to all participants and Winners. Very well done, all of you Takes Hat off

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
07-02-2015 02:00 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Abecedar 07-02-2015

I do believe I scored three out of three.
Well done to the winners

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-02-2015 02:11 AM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 515
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!DAGabriel 07-02-2015

Congratz to the three winners!
Please contact me regarding the postal adresses!
And please be patient, the german postal service is in strike.

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
07-02-2015 04:35 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 71
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Dînadan 07-02-2015

Congrats to the winners, all well deserved. Takes Hat off

Once more I guessed Fuggit's entry correctly - your style is too distinctive to be anonymous Tongue Wink

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

07-02-2015 05:53 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Abecedar 07-02-2015

Dînadan Wrote:
Once more I guessed Fuggit's entry correctly - your style is too distinctive to be anonymous Tongue Wink

Duh. . Even I guessed that one.
The closest I came to guessing any other was one I knew I'd seen on of them somewhere before.
us oldies do have varying levels of "craft" but it is not polite to say so to our faces
We now need a "Fuggit" imitator to confuse us.  Since Tjub has gathered so many admirers

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 07-02-2015 06:28 AM by Abecedar.

07-02-2015 06:22 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 71
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Dînadan 07-02-2015

Abecedar Wrote:
We now need a "Fuggit" imitator to confuse us.  

That's what I was thinking.  Either that or the next Golden Hat needs to be a Fuggit lookalike contest - can Fuggit win, or will he pull a Charlie Chaplin and come in third? Tongue Wink

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

07-02-2015 06:52 AM
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 340
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Kamphre 07-02-2015

Thanks everyone for your votes and again, great work for this entries.
I had  a lot more ideas (a defensive spiky wrecking ball, a drawbridge, a lava base, a summoning lava pit on top...), but not enough skill to achieve them in time.
I just managed to make the top removable, to ease the game.

I forget to take WIP pictures, I have just a few before painting.

07-02-2015 07:38 AM
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Bloodbeard 07-02-2015

Kamphre Wrote:

Would still like to share those though.

07-02-2015 07:53 AM
Miasma
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 156
Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Miasma 07-02-2015

Congratulations to the winners, and everyone else who entered. Hopefully life will settle down so I can once again start participating in these events

5th Edition Chaos Dwarf Army Log
Eeeew Elves
07-02-2015 08:05 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Fuggit Khan 07-02-2015

Wow, Hashut was kind enough to me that I won a medal and one of the random prizes? My thanks to Hashut, and to all of you who voted.
I was surprised to see that only one of my votes made it.
And Mister Abecedar, yours was the only one I successfully guessed who the entrant was, as well being my outright favorite from the start. It actually looks like it's made of stone, and I loved the backdrop you added.
Well done everybody Cheers!

Bloodbeard Wrote:

Kamphre Wrote:

Would still like to share those though.

Yes! I'm hoping everybody will share wip pics, the infernal Engineer in me is always wanting to see how everything was put together.

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
07-02-2015 11:21 AM
Timothy Archer
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 155

RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Timothy Archer 07-02-2015

Félicitations à tous, bravo 👏 bravo 👏

07-02-2015 12:31 PM
Parish
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 172

RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Parish 07-02-2015

Didn't get much time recently, but good job guys some great work here Happy I hope I had the time and willingness to go for such great structures.

On a more personal note, thank you a lot Bloodbeard for managing all of this once again.

I have not participated, I haven't voted for the entries either but thanks again for the investment and the dedication you have done so far for this community.

Great communication, great post, great entries, good job guys Happy//

07-02-2015 12:40 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1392
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Zanko 07-04-2015

Congrats to the winners! Takes Hat off

Sadly I couldn't finish my entry! Mad

Hopefully more members (and myself) will join the next contest! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

07-04-2015 02:39 AM
Bloodbeard

RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Bloodbeard 07-04-2015

Zanko Wrote:
Congrats to the winners! Takes Hat off

Sadly I couldn't finish my entry! Mad

Hopefully more members (and myself) will join the next contest! Wink

Hashut!

Please snap some WIP photos of your project Zanko. We need something to share with GSW.

Sad you couldn't make it. You're usually always a part of our competitions.

07-04-2015 02:51 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1392
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Zanko 07-05-2015

My actual Fortress-projekt is "dead"! Sad

Now I try to build some smaller strongholds which I could combine to a greater one.

Actually I not sure about the details ... if I have the first acceptable results I will post it! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

07-05-2015 02:01 AM
Scar
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 200
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Scar 07-05-2015

Gratz guys! Nice buildings! Happy

07-05-2015 08:18 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!tjub 07-05-2015

Great work guys, especially in times like these!

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

07-05-2015 02:52 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 588
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVII - Winners!Admiral 07-31-2015

Great work indeed, both medal winners and other entrants. There's some really creative stuff in those entries, worth a lot of praise. I got too busy and couldn't join in, but will either upload WIP entry pictures this weekend, or wait until the project is fully finished come autumn/winter.

Good theme and good show of entries! Next time, we'll probably be more joining in. Happy

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
07-31-2015 10:36 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXX: On New CDO Discourse Forum! Admiral 0 1,164 06-21-2020 10:36 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XXIX - Winners! Admiral 7 4,128 03-01-2020 08:18 AM
Last Post: Dînadan
  Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting! Admiral 10 4,599 02-26-2020 05:57 AM
  Artisan's Contest XXIX Admiral 26 7,369 02-19-2020 11:28 AM
  Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Winners! Admiral 8 5,203 11-25-2019 10:26 AM
Last Post: Reaver of Uzkulak

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites