Post Reply  Post Thread 
Scribe's Contest IV
Author MessageScribe's Contest IV
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
Scribe's Contest IVBloodbeard 07-07-2015

Welcome to the 4th Scribe's Contest writing competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

We are pleased to announce that this Scribe's Contest has been sponsored by Ravenswood! There will be one prize of the unpainted miniature of Bezhukk the Cruel.

Subject Matter: Prophecies of Rebirth and Resurrection
"As all dwarven kind the Dawi Zharr has a strong tradition of honouring the past. Myths, sagas and grudges can be found in written down on ancient stone tablets, told in cruel voices over dark beer and seen pictured on temple walls.

But for the Dawi Zharr prophesies and visions of the future are held in high regard as well.

Twisted, dark and cryptic are the words of the seers and oracles. Some are cast away as mere madness, but overs are saved and studied by acolytes of Hashut. Studied over decades and centuries in order to find clues about what's to come.

Yet nobody, not even the strongest among the Dawi Zharr would see the End coming in time and no one knew for sure what would follow."

Your task is to create prophecy written and saved by the Chaos Dwarfs. Your prophecy must in some way revolve around Rebirth and/or Resurrection.

You are encouraged to ask Bloodbeard on whether your entry meets the requirements of the contest or not, should you be unsure.

Why this theme?
The Age of Sigmar has hit our hobby in force. Once again we don't know the future and role of the Chaos Dwarf race in the new setting. Will we belong in The Mortal Realms? Will Forge World rename our factions?

Whether your into AoS or not, whether your staying with 8th edition or not - the CDO community has always used it's creativity in favour of the Chaos Dwarfs.

So feel free to use your entry, to describe how the race of the Dawi Zharr from The Warhammer World will be reborn in the Age of Sigmar.

Writing Rules
The word limit for each entry is 10-200 words in total.
The story must include the above mentioned themes.

Chaos Dwarfs have to be the protagonists.

All entries are to be written "in-universe" or as a description of "in-universe" events, meaning no lines about D6s or green stuff are allowed. See the General Rules.

Entries can be submitted in any language you prefer. Though it's up to the individual voters if they'll translate or not.

Spellcheck
Please spellcheck your entry, to the best of your ability, before submission. But please don't let a few mistakes stop you, anyone should enter. If needed write in your native language and translate with Google Translate.

Please read the full rules and guidelines that apply to the Scribe's Contest competition before submitting your entry!

Deadline: 11:59 PM July 24th 2015 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Submit your entry by PM to the Scribe account before the deadline. Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (You have around 2½ weeks to complete your entry.)

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff before the deadline. In order to avoid problems, we strongly advise entrants not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries... As things can and do go wrong at the last minute. Please do not send entries to individual Admin or Staff members to submit on your behalf as they may not check their PMs!

How to Enter
Write a prophecy about Chaos Dwarfs, Rebirth and/or Resurrection, invented by you, and send a PM to Scribe (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the prophecy. The moderator organizing the contest will then check the inbox one or a few days before deadline and verify to each entrant that their submission was received.

If you win
- Take your place in the upcoming Scribe's Contest Hall of Fame (to be created), where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Scribe's Contest medal for your online persona:

- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 40 people enter we award 40 slaves to each person who entered.
- If you win Gold, you'll win a model prize, courtesy of Ravenswood. Why not send him a slave or two as a thank you?

Entries will count towards a participation medal, which is the simpler Scribe's Contest equivalent of Artisan's Contest and Golden Hat veteran medals.

As usual once all entries are received a voting thread will be created. If there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

Summary
Subject Matter: Prophecy: Rebirth and Resurrection.
Deadline: 11:59 PM 24th of July 2015 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

If any forum members would like to aid our contests by donating models or other materials as prizes for future competitions, or as random give aways to this one, feel free to contact myself or one of the Staff to help sort out details.

Now, carve your tablet. Sharpen your pen and dip it in fresh slave blood, for Hashut demands words!

Bloodbeard on behalf of The Staff

This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 03:12 PM by Bloodbeard.

07-07-2015 03:05 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IVTheHoodedMan 07-08-2015

Great theme, I feel inspired right now! Cheers!
Let`s go!

07-08-2015 06:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IVBloodbeard 07-10-2015

I like the theme, though I don't really have any inspiration yet myself.

Goes to show it's not really doping being the one making up the competitions.

07-10-2015 05:28 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard

RE: Scribe's Contest IVBloodbeard 07-12-2015

As posted by Vogon from White Dwarf.

Quote:
Veteran warriors show the horrific burns they sustained in the Magmadroth Peaks, where the banners of eight daemon legions were raised over the bodies of the brave.  Only the arrival of a stampede of Lava-beasts ridden by strange Duardin bought time enough for a few good men to escape.

I think I'll go from there. Somehow.

07-12-2015 03:20 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IVFuggit Khan 07-17-2015

An idea finally came to me last night...now to see if I can put it in words.

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
07-17-2015 11:25 AM
Bloodbeard

RE: Scribe's Contest IVBloodbeard 07-19-2015

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
An idea finally came to me last night...now to see if I can put it in words.

I'm sure you'll succeed. I've gotten an idea myself just now.

07-19-2015 12:42 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IVTheHoodedMan 07-21-2015

Made it this time ;-).

07-21-2015 04:54 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IVFuggit Khan 07-23-2015

Just sent in my entry...not quite what I originally had thought of, I had to rewrite and edit it quite a few times. But I'm reasonably content with it Cheers!
Who else is joining in?

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
07-23-2015 11:51 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 71
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IVDînadan 07-23-2015

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
Who else is joining in?

I'm going to try - been procrastinating, mainly because I've been stumbling over executing a specific poetical device Sad. Did start writing something on the first day, but it's not particularly Chaos Dwarfy so I'm probably going to have to scrap it and start over (probably without the aforementioned poetic device to make it easier to write lol)

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

07-23-2015 12:02 PM
Bloodbeard

RE: Scribe's Contest IVBloodbeard 07-24-2015

Last day of writing folks. Get writing! Everybody should be able to write down a 200 word prophecy!

07-24-2015 03:34 AM
Bloodbeard

RE: Scribe's Contest IVBloodbeard 07-24-2015

I've send out PMs to all who have entered the contest. If you haven't received a PM, then you entry has made it to the Scribes account.

07-24-2015 04:44 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IVAbecedar 07-24-2015

I threw one in at the last minute and forgot to count the number of words.
The "bosses" got me to fix it but I only just saw the message, so the delay is my fault

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-24-2015 05:38 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

RE: Scribe's Contest IVTheHoodedMan 07-24-2015

Me, too ;-).
200 is not so much as it seems...

07-24-2015 06:32 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 71
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IVDînadan 07-24-2015

Grr, just typed out a nice little entry only to check and find that it was double the max word count size.  Tried gutting it and stripping it down but even that didn't help (plus it loses a lot of character just to prune that much Sad ), will have to think of something else quick Unsure

Edit: decided to go back to my first attempt.  Not particularly happy about it, but couldn't really think what else to do; it starts strong, but the second half is a bit weak. :/.  Once the voting thread is up I'll post the two attempts I wrote tonight that were too long in the Stories and Background section for everyone to enjoy. Happy

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

This post was last modified: 07-24-2015 08:04 PM by Dînadan.

07-24-2015 07:42 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IVAbecedar 07-24-2015

Yeah, the "delay" is not my fault. I had the deadline wrong by 2 or 3 days

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-24-2015 08:19 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest Gallery & Scribe's Contest Hall of Fame Up Now Admiral 1 2,592 09-27-2019 09:08 PM
Last Post: Reaver of Uzkulak
  Scribe's Contest XII - Winners! Admiral 12 6,369 05-04-2019 01:57 PM
Last Post: Gargolock
  Scribe's Contest XII - Voting! Admiral 11 6,522 05-01-2019 11:59 PM
Last Post: Gargolock
  Scribe's Contest XII Admiral 28 7,634 04-26-2019 10:15 PM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Scribe's Contest XI - Winners! Admiral 7 3,164 09-04-2017 06:17 PM
Last Post: Ghrask Dragh

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites