Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!
Author MessageArtisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 591
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Admiral 12-07-2015

"Heinous heathens and maverick madmen. Drenched in blood and gore up to their armpits and bathing in fire. They have truly made the Dark Lands their home, for they have made it into hell on earth, and they are its Daemons..."

Welcome to the voting thread for the 18th Artisan's Contest!

Hidden Masters of the Dark Empire

How to vote:
Please submit 3 numbers as votes by sending a PM to the Staff account (a special account all Staff members can access). We had 7 entries this time, which means each entrant will receive 7 slaves once the winners have been announced.

Each (more or less) anonymous entry is numbered ranging from 1 to 7. There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Simply list the three that you like and we will do the rest. You are not allowed to vote for yourself.

Voting will close at 11:59 PM December 15th, 2015 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone).   Once the votes are tallied we will post the results.

<1     <2     <3     <4     <5     <6     <7

Remember, the gold winner will receive the following prize, courtesy of Grimstonefire!

Great job everyone and good luck!
The Staff

Also on CDO: Happy Holidays from Chaos Dwarfs Online- 2015 Edition

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
12-07-2015 05:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 591
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Admiral 12-07-2015

I'm busy these weeks and barely found time to launch the voting thread, which explains the shoddier-than-usual MS Paint image edited entries, all done quickly to a prepared template with substandard care. Just wanted to get it done and share the entries with you quickly before I'm too occupied again for much of this week. Don't want to leave you waiting.

Please tell if you can't view the attachments.

Also, we in the Staff have realized that the advent of Age of Sigmar and the popularity of Kings of War means that rules for basing and base sizes will be loosened.

As someone quite lousy with rules (not least wargame rules!) one aim with running these contests was to get into that mindset and tackle problems as they come up, since it can be a valuable experience for other areas of life and work. Part of this effort has consisted in tweaking the rules to improve them, and part has consisted of keeping up with the rules established by other Staff members here on CDO. After all, the rules probably have a good reason of careful consideration and experience for being there in the first place.

In short, there is a reason one of the entries have a vase glued to the side of the base rather than on top of it, and still are allowed into the contest even though it would not necessarily have been allowed previously. We'll see about similar things in the future, but my attempts to explain the limits of the basing guidelines were, on closer consideration, a misleading hindrance to the particular entry and I apologize. Noted for rules tinkering: Less base restrictions in the future. Happy

I'll be away now for much of this week, but wanted to say that all entrants made a hell of a job! The creativity and quality on show is impressive. You should all be proud of your work! Cheers!

Hope to finish the started big hat daemon-grenadier entry of mine sometime next year.

Also...

Methinks someone has watched Mad Max: Fury Road a tad much. Tongue Wink

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 12-07-2015 05:46 PM by Admiral.

12-07-2015 05:42 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 71
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Dînadan 12-07-2015

Dunno why, but I was expecting more entries.  Still, there are some nice ones from what we got. Happy

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

12-07-2015 05:56 PM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 620
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Jackswift 12-07-2015

To all of entrants.  Nicely done!  Some great character ideas brought to life with skillful modelling.  I too thought there were going to be more entries.

Though we are missing the flamethrowing Chaos Dwarf flautist suspended from the front of an Iron Daemon...  Cheers! an idea for next time...

12-07-2015 07:04 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Abecedar 12-07-2015

Thanks Admiral for getting this up so quickly.
Some great thematic ideas that have been created.  
To be honest I haven't seen the Mad Max Re-make, but it doesn't matter where you get your ideas from.

And I guessed about right for the number of entries.  7 isn't too bad considering the damage GW and AoS has done to us.

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-07-2015 09:22 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 71
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Dînadan 12-07-2015

Out of interest, to those who entered, did anyone have trouble only writing 25 words?  I really wanted to write more and even my condensed versions were about 30 long lol.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

12-07-2015 09:45 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Abecedar 12-07-2015

Much the same here.  I was able to par it down but lost some flavour and flair from it.

Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-07-2015 10:52 PM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 620
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Jackswift 12-08-2015

I was trimmed down to a minimum as well, and had to leave out some of the detail to keep it at 25 words.  Still, the essential part is there.

12-08-2015 12:19 AM
TimothyLeighton
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 54
Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!TimothyLeighton 12-08-2015

These are all awesome!  Well done on a batch of great entries.

12-08-2015 08:19 AM
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 270

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!The_Penguin 12-08-2015

Awesome entries, guys! Cheers!
Yes, fitting within 25 word limit was challenging, I must say.)
Thank you for hosting this contest, it was really fun participating!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) Takes Hat off

"But we, your brethren, scorned the Ancestor gods, and mocked your foolish rune rituals, and preferred instead our bull god Hashut. Who can blame us if it were you and your gods who left us?"

Golden Sands Desert Dwarfs
12-08-2015 11:45 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1394
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Zanko 12-08-2015

Great and very different entries! Takes Hat off

Well done guys!

Hard to choose my favourites ... Unsure

Nonetheless I hoped to see some more entries!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

12-08-2015 12:02 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!tjub 12-11-2015

Well done! Big Grin

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

12-11-2015 12:43 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Fuggit Khan 12-11-2015

I'm currently oversea's traveling, and just now had a chance to login and check out the entries...and Holy Hashut they are good!
Wonderful work everybody...the imaginative creativity that this forum has always impresses me Takes Hat off

I'm gonna have to take some time to narrow my votes down to just three...I like them all Cheers!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
12-11-2015 12:53 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!TheHoodedMan 12-11-2015

That was really difficult. Each single entry has it´s qualities. My votes are in. Thanks to all participants and organizers!

12-11-2015 06:16 AM
Forgefire
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 387
Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Forgefire 12-11-2015

Awesome stuff brothers! Very impressive characters. After some deliberation i have sent my votes. Takes Hat off

12-11-2015 09:42 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Abecedar 12-11-2015

I'm still thinking. we had a busy  week and quite nasty, road accident wise. Am on days off now so I will have another look

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-11-2015 06:45 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1394
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Zanko 12-12-2015

My votes are also in!

Thanks to the stuff / organiseres and the paticipants!

Maybe I will be able to steal some ideas ... Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

12-12-2015 06:02 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Abecedar 12-14-2015

Okay, my votes are in.
This was harder to choose than I thought.  The theme of what the model was or did was the clincher

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-14-2015 06:06 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Fuggit Khan 12-14-2015

My votes are in, tough choices to be sure...really good entries, all of them Happy

Admiral Wrote:
Methinks someone has watched Mad Max: Fury Road a tad much. Tongue Wink

Treason! Witnessed! What a movie, what a lovely movie!

Cheers!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
12-14-2015 12:23 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!Abecedar 12-14-2015

Abecedar Wrote:
Okay, my votes are in.
This was harder to choose than I thought.  The theme of what the model was or did was the clincher

I think I was a bit tipsy yesterday as I don't remember doing this.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-14-2015 07:55 PM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXXI: On New CDO Discourse Forum! Admiral 3 407 11-25-2020 06:39 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XXX: On New CDO Discourse Forum! Admiral 0 8,485 06-21-2020 10:36 AM
  Artisan's Contest XXIX - Winners! Admiral 7 13,040 03-01-2020 08:18 AM
Last Post: Dînadan
  Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting! Admiral 10 14,239 02-26-2020 05:57 AM
  Artisan's Contest XXIX Admiral 26 18,326 02-19-2020 11:28 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites