Author MessageAmarynth's Chaos Dwarf Project
Amarynth
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 8

Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectAmarynth 05-11-2016

Hello everyone Takes Hat off
I have been thinking for quite some time about what type of chaos dwarfs I want to collect and after lurking here on the forum and browsing through the vast virtual plane known as the internet, I came to the conclussion that I prefer the old look of the marauder chaos dwarfs. I quickly realized that they were a little far from my current budget, so what I think im going to do is to individualize the normal dwarf warriors with random left over warriors of chaos bits and greenstuff to make them mostly unique to get the old marauder chaos dwarf look. I am happy to finally get this project on the way. More updates to come in the future, kind regards Amarynth. Tongue Wink

2017 Image Salvage

This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 03:17 AM by Admiral.

05-11-2016 06:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BABIS
Great Taurus

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 251
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectBABIS 05-11-2016

good luck with your project!

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

05-11-2016 07:36 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectTheHoodedMan 05-11-2016

Very good!
There are also the Ewal Dvergar models if you`re looking for that old school look.
Good luck Cheers!

05-11-2016 07:43 AM
Amarynth
Hobgoblin

RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectAmarynth 05-11-2016

Thank you Babis, will be sure to check them out TheHoodedMan Wink

After experimenting in my chaos workshop I created my first chaos dwarf from a left over Chaos Warrior and I am fairly happy with the result Happy

I am also working on my non chaos worshipping norscan army, I fininshed a jarl for the army, he looks like this. He is made out a chaos marauder and a chaos warrior. I tried to remove as much of the chaos iconography, skulls are ok tho Tongue

¨

This is all that I have to show for now, more updates to come Happy

05-11-2016 09:38 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 620
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectJackswift 05-11-2016

The dwarf conversion looks good.  He's a bit on the tall side (I think; without seeing a side by side it's hard to tell) but frankly make them as you like.  Dwarf model height varies quite a bit between manufacturers and ranges.

The non chaos norscan army is a good idea, and the model is a good start.  If you are a miniature company agnostic, I would suggest taking a look at Redbox games models, or picking up a copy of Blood Rage for the models (though it's actually a fun game too).  

Cheers, JR

This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 11:44 AM by Jackswift.

05-11-2016 11:32 AM
Amarynth
Hobgoblin

Jackswift Wrote:
The dwarf conversion looks good.  He's a bit on the tall side (I think; without seeing a side by side it's hard to tell) but frankly make them as you like.  Dwarf model height varies quite a bit between manufacturers and ranges.

The non chaos norscan army is a good idea, and the model is a good start.  If you are a miniature company agnostic, I would suggest taking a look at Redbox games models, or picking up a copy of Blood Rage for the models (though it's actually a fun game too).  

Cheers, JR

Thank you for the kind words, here is a side by side picture Happy

05-11-2016 11:49 AM
Amarynth
Hobgoblin

Im sorry for double posting but I have finished assembling my first 5 chaos dwarves Big Grin and I just could not wait to show them to you all Happy

05-11-2016 02:22 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectFuggit Khan 05-11-2016

Welcome aboard CDO Amarynth Takes Hat off
And thank you for sharing pics of you conversions with all of us...it really works well to chop down the chaos warriors to dwarf size, a surprisingly nice effect Cheers!
Have you tried possibly spacing their legs/feet a small bit further apart from each other? I'm thinking that may give them a more solid "squat" dwarfish look?

Either way, they are very nice Happy
Looking forward to seeing more of them when you have time to share more Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
05-11-2016 05:46 PM
Amarynth
Hobgoblin

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
Welcome aboard CDO Amarynth Takes Hat off
And thank you for sharing pics of you conversions with all of us...it really works well to chop down the chaos warriors to dwarf size, a surprisingly nice effect Cheers!
Have you tried possibly spacing their legs/feet a small bit further apart from each other? I'm thinking that may give them a more solid "squat" dwarfish look?

Either way, they are very nice Happy
Looking forward to seeing more of them when you have time to share more Takes Hat off

Thank you Fuggit Happy I have been tinkering with the feet sadly if I space them out, then they become impossible to rank up in the unit. I finished painting them up, I just need to base them and my first 5 will be done Happy

05-11-2016 06:04 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectAbecedar 05-11-2016

Even though I don't generally like chaos warrior heads for CD's, I do like yours. Maybe it is the  whole body transformation.

As to what Fuggit said about spreading the feet. I think you should consider it.
If you cut the feet/legs off flush with the bottom of the armour and then bring each one out by literally only a couple of millimetres it would make a huge difference. and that wouldn't change how they rank up.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
05-11-2016 08:07 PM
Helblindi
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 245
Scribe's Contest Gold Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectHelblindi 05-12-2016

These are some nice conversions, but aren't you forgetting about beards?

Helblindi's Throng: Karak Brothar
My Evil Throng: Helblindi's Legion
My Blood Bowl stuff
05-12-2016 01:08 AM
Amarynth
Hobgoblin

RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectAmarynth 05-12-2016

Helblindi Wrote:
These are some nice conversions, but aren't you forgetting about beards?

Beards will be added soon Tongue Wink so no worries, theres no dwarf without beard. Big Grin

05-12-2016 01:53 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 148
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectAdmiral 05-12-2016

Beards to come? Then they'll be perfect conversions. Updated versions of the old mini-Chaos Warrior Marauder Miniatures CDs. They look good, and dare one even say a bit cute? "Mini-me, you complete me." Tongue Wink

Looking forward to future progress here!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 10:41 AM by Admiral.

05-12-2016 10:36 AM
Mrowa
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 42

RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectMrowa 05-12-2016

They look pretty awesome! Happy So original even if it's "just" smaller chaos warriors, looking forward for more Happy

05-12-2016 06:06 PM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1256
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectNicodemus 05-12-2016

Off to a great start!  Glad to hear you're going to beard them up, otherwise they might be mistaken for elves Shock

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

05-12-2016 11:09 PM
Zhatek The Weird
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 48
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf ProjectZhatek The Weird 05-15-2016

Good to see my ramblings about chaos dwarves finally got through ha Tongue Wink Cant wait till your army is finished so that we can have a chaos dwarf standoff hah Big Grin

My quest is to bring a good man's army back to life and that i will do, that is my mission.
05-15-2016 11:01 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vulcanologist's Chaos Dwarf army project (Golden Hat Destroyer Entry!!) vulcanologist 276 165,800 06-09-2013 06:55 AM
Last Post: Yodrin
  kimal79 Chaos dwarf project kimal79 39 13,333 05-26-2013 06:54 PM
Last Post: kimal79
  My chaos dwarf army project Dorktaku 22 14,721 03-26-2008 10:58 AM
Last Post: Merchant

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites