Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   Artisan's Contest XIX - Winners!
Author MessageArtisan's Contest XIX - Winners!
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 587
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
Artisan's Contest XIX - Winners!Admiral 06-24-2016

Artisan's Contest XIX: Flora and Fauna of the Dark Lands

"Aaaargh! It's got my leg!"

We had a slew of clever entries this time around, spanning natural and unnatural ambush creatures to mutant monsters and horrific bugs. The creativity and quality on show in this round of contest is evident. Well done, everyone!

And the winners are...

<1         <2         <3 (Tie)         <3 (Tie)

1st Place: Entry #4 - Abecedar!
2nd Place: Entry #2 - Fuggit Khan!
3rd Place (Tie): Entry #1 - Enjoysrandom!
3rd Place (Tie): Entry #5 - Jackswift!

The entry key!
You can share your love for each entry by donating slaves to the owners of the entries!

01 - Enjoysrandom
02 - Fuggit Khan
03 - Admiral
04 - Abecedar
05 - Jackswift

And congratulations to Fuggit Khan, who has earned a silver Veteran's Medal by entering 10 Artisan's Contests and Golden Hat competitions!

Slaves and medals are coming! Should you have earned a new Veteran's Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan's Contest competitions (note: Scribe's Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe's Medal).

And now for the gold prize! Abecedar will be contacted by Bloodbeard in the coming days to receive this grim character:

A big "thanks" to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Grimstonefire for his prize donation!

And that's it for this round of Artisan's Contest, folks. Now let's see the participants' entries in the blogs. Wink

Next up, Scribe's Contest!

The Staff

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
06-24-2016 02:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Herby Away
Ingenting undgår mig. Ingen undgår mig.

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 343
Golden Hat - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIX - Winners!Herby 06-24-2016

My congratulations!!

I knew it. Entry #4 - Abecedar!

To be honest it was quite obviously. He has a unique personal style. This time it is the best entry for sure. Like I said before. It fits the theme best. Especially if you compare it with the stuff from the others.

I like it a lot. Good idea to create a plant with use of a real plant. And it tells a little story. Poor orc. That's charming.
Reminds a bit of Sarlacc and this tentacle beast from Enemy Mine.

... Più forte ragazzi!            

KnowhutImean    
06-24-2016 02:50 AM
Loidrial
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 164
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIX - Winners!Loidrial 06-24-2016

Herby Wrote:
My congratulations!!

I knew it. Entry #4 - Abecedar!

To be honest it was quite obviously. He has a unique personal style.

i had the same feeling too.
instead fuggit with his nausicaa bug totally got me, i would have never guess

Pizza, Mandolino e Nani del Chaos
Off Topic Blog

06-24-2016 03:02 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIX - Winners!Abecedar 06-24-2016

Thanks everyone for voting and thanks Staff for another fun competition.   My first ever Gold.

Thanks Herby.  I saw Enemy Mine at the Theatres when it came out.  30 years ago now. I'll have to find it because I can only remember the turtle thingies

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
06-24-2016 03:04 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 587
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIX - Winners!Admiral 06-24-2016

Very good use of materials, you jolly Australian! And no you don't retire because you've got a gold medal. Tongue

The orc and lizard being dragged into the plant are great details, and the small creatures not caught by it add quite some life to the scene. But best of all are the tracks left in the ground. Those tracks are brilliant, and add movement to the diorama. Bloody well done!

A well deserved winner, but the others work in the setting, too. Entry #1 shows off the scale of mutation and industrial pollution well. All isn't fine in the Dark Lands. #2 can easily be expected to be found tunneling among cracked lava stone, getting eaten by Magma Dragons and suchlike (big predators need big prey), and preying upon smaller creatures than itself as well as feeding off fungi, plants and carcasses. With #5 the Daemonic connection is more than likely. A monster in a lava stream masquerading as a bridge to lure unsuspecting mortals across? It's just brilliant and out of this world.

Good entries folks!

Also, here's some background thinking on entry #3. I'm curious to see the other entrants thoughts on their own Dark Lands creatures.

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 06-24-2016 04:13 AM by Admiral.

06-24-2016 03:34 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIX - Winners!TheHoodedMan 06-24-2016

Congratulations Cheers!!

06-24-2016 03:48 AM
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 340
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIX - Winners!Kamphre 06-24-2016

Well done everyone !
Abecedar, your entry was very imaginative, such a cool idea !

06-24-2016 04:22 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 71
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIX - Winners!Dînadan 06-24-2016

Congrats Abeceder.  Commiserations Admiral on being the only one without a medal, surely we can whip up a special joke one for you? Tongue Wink

Would never have guessed #2 was Fuggit's Shock

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

06-24-2016 04:35 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 620
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIX - Winners!Jackswift 06-24-2016

Great finish to the winners. Another fun contest.  Abecedar, your's had my vote.  The use of materials was very clever, and the orc and lizard details were great.  The detail however that sold me on the piece were the root traceries beneath the soil.  Well done!  Takes Hat off

Congrats to Fuggit Khan and Enjoysrandom! as well.  Nice job gentlemen!  Cheers!

Cheers, JR

06-24-2016 10:12 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIX - Winners!Fuggit Khan 06-24-2016

Holy Hashut!? I won??? Shock
Whaaaaaaaaat? I demand a recount! Tongue Wink
Seriously, I'm very stunned that I won, I truly think everybody had better entries than mine.
Congratulations to everybody, these were all excellent entries and each one was uniquely creative and well painted/presented. Great stuff Cheers!
And a special congrats to Abecedar for your first (well deserved) Gold!
And good job Enjoysrandom! A medal on your first contest Cheers!

Dînadan Wrote:
Would never have guessed #2 was Fuggit's Shock

I thought for sure that you of all people would've figured it out...you have quite an eye for spotting small details Tongue Wink

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
06-24-2016 12:53 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXIX - Winners! Admiral 7 876 03-01-2020 08:18 AM
Last Post: Dînadan
  Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting! Admiral 10 1,206 02-26-2020 05:57 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XXIX Admiral 26 3,904 02-19-2020 11:28 AM
Last Post: Admiral