Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!
Author MessageArtisan's Contest XX - Winners!
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 590
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Admiral 10-05-2016

Artisan's Contest XX: Concept Art Challenge

"Behold, the descent into darkness! The yawning abyss. The hungering flames..."

We had a whole bunch of splendid entries this time around, spanning Undead Chaos Dwarfs to warmachines and new types of Dawi Zharr warriors. The creativity on show in this round of contest is impressive. Well done, everyone!

And the winners are...

<1       <2        <3

1st Place: Entry #12 - Jackswift!
2nd Place: Entry #4 - Admiral!
3rd Place: Entry #9 - Will Liam!

And a couple of honourable mentions to Forgefire, but one vote from bronze, and to Tertius, who trailed bronze by two votes!

The entry key!
You can share your love for each entry by donating slaves to the owners of the entries!

01 - lustig1977
02 - Malorndk
03 - Tertius
04 - Admiral
05 - Fuggit Khan
06 - Dînadan
07 - Forgefire
08 - Helblindi
09 - Will Liam
10 - Abecedar
11 - Enjoysrandom
12 - Jackswift
13 - Bloodbeard

Slaves and medals are coming! Should you have earned a new Veteran's Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan's Contest competitions (note: Scribe's Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe's Medal).

And now for the gold prize! Jackswift will be contacted by Bloodbeard in the coming days to receive this daunting character of Goretrek the Chaos Dwarf:

A big "thanks" to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Dark Art Studios for their prize donation!

And that's it for this round of Artisan's Contest, folks. Now let's see the participants' entries in the blogs and in this compilation thread. Wink

Next up, Scribe's Contest!

The Staff

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
10-05-2016 02:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Malorndk
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 1154
Word of Hashut - Contributor Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Platinum Best General - 2016                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Malorndk 10-05-2016

Good job everyone and congratulations to the winners! <3

Army blog - Army Showcase - Project Banners - Legendary Battle
10-05-2016 02:54 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Abecedar 10-05-2016

Well done to everyone involved

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
10-05-2016 03:34 AM
Forgefire
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 387
Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Forgefire 10-05-2016

Good work eveyone! Takes Hat off

This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 05:10 AM by Forgefire.

10-05-2016 05:10 AM
Forgefire
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 387
Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Forgefire 10-05-2016

Slight unreladet question: how do you send slaves? I havent figured that out yet hehe

10-05-2016 07:05 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Bloodbeard 10-05-2016

@Forgefire: Left of the screen. Look under people avatar picture. Says:

Market Rep
Slaves

There's a number by slaves. Click it and you'll be able to send slaves to that user.

10-05-2016 07:20 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 71
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Dînadan 10-05-2016

Congrats to the winners.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

10-05-2016 07:31 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 620
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Jackswift 10-05-2016

Wow. Shock Thanks very much to all who voted!  Was hoping to place but wasn't sure that would be a possibility.  Too many great entries this time around.  Hats off to all the patricipants.  A hard competition.  Very well done!  Congrats to Admiral and Will Liam both.  Great concepts, both had my vote. Takes Hat off  They both need to now produce the models in minature for mass production Happy.

My personal favorite was Helblindi's K'daai Cultist.  Brilliant in my opinion, sort of a Fire Elemental possesed ultimate berzerker.  Look forward to seeing more back ground on that.  Cheers on a great entry.

The Behemoth model was an updated take on the old Chaos Dwarf Juggernaught.  I've always thought the model needed an update so I took some design elements from the original (window shape, columns, dual cannons) and updated it into a stylized Great Taurus with Assyrian motifs such as thw wing styling.  The original loose sketches I did had giant wheels instead of legs.  The legs was initally just messing around with the bull shape, but I decided I liked it so much that I ran with it.

The 'Buttressed Artillery Mounts' comment was unexpectedly amusing.  I didn't see it till it was commented on... Tongue

The underslung cannonis exactly for infantry as suggested.  Either steam, magma or grapeshot most likely.  Now to built it, right?  Cheers and Thanks again!

10-05-2016 11:39 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Fuggit Khan 10-05-2016

Congratulations to the winners, and a special thanks to all who entered, a very good contest to be sure.
And some stiff competition! Only one of my votes made it. It was especially interesting to see who the entrants were (Forgefire and Admiral were easy to spot, both of you gentlemen have a wonderfully distinctive artistic style). Well done everybody...and a special honorable mention to Jackswift for his "Butt Arsed Artillery" lol Tongue Wink

Jackswift Wrote:
Now to built it, right?  

Yes! Please do!

Hashut!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
10-05-2016 11:51 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 71
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Dînadan 10-05-2016

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Jackswift Wrote:
Now to built it, right?  

Yes! Please do!

Hashut!

That's Artisan's XXI

Wink

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

10-05-2016 12:58 PM
Helblindi
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 245
Scribe's Contest Gold Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Helblindi 10-05-2016

Well my top 3 almost made it intact into the actual top 3. Only forgefire came short a vote. Great stuff everyone!

@Jackswift: thanks a lot! You were my favorite, so well deserved! Congratulations!

Helblindi's Throng: Karak Brothar
My Evil Throng: Helblindi's Legion
My Blood Bowl stuff
10-05-2016 03:09 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Bloodbeard 10-06-2016

This was a very nice competition. Congratulations Jackswift. The Dark Arts dwarf is pretty big a real brute (they make 32mm models, not 28mm).

10-06-2016 02:28 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!TheHoodedMan 10-06-2016

Congratulations to the winners and all participants!

There were some real pieces of art in there and I appreciated really viewing all the entries, very striking.
The contest was great and perhaps there could be something similar in the future again.

10-06-2016 02:34 AM
Darkmeer
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 116

RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Darkmeer 10-06-2016

Congratulations to the winners and the participants!  

Great work, everyone.  It was all quite worth it to see this all.

10-06-2016 09:10 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1394
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Zanko 10-06-2016

Also from me a hearty congratulations to the winners and participants! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

10-06-2016 01:00 PM
Will Liam
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 384
Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XX - Winners!Will Liam 10-06-2016

Congratulations to the winners. Two out of my 3 votes made it! I am happy to get a place among all of these awesome entries. Happy Cheers Will

Don't ever chase what they are never going to give you!!

Will Liam - finished Chaos Dwarf and Hobgoblins
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16923
10-06-2016 09:01 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXX: On New CDO Discourse Forum! Admiral 0 7,982 06-21-2020 10:36 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XXIX - Winners! Admiral 7 12,430 03-01-2020 08:18 AM
Last Post: Dînadan
  Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting! Admiral 10 13,617 02-26-2020 05:57 AM
  Artisan's Contest XXIX Admiral 26 17,743 02-19-2020 11:28 AM
  Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Winners! Admiral 8 12,693 11-25-2019 10:26 AM
Last Post: Reaver of Uzkulak

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites