Pages (7): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of Azgorh
Author MessageBlack Fortress Immortal's Legion of Azgorh
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 107

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhBlack_Fortress_Immortal 04-27-2017

Additional shots of the Drazhoath.  I need a better camera.        

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Age of Sigmar Record: 36 wins / 9 losses / 0 draw

This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 07:51 AM by Black_Fortress_Immortal.

04-27-2017 07:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhBlack_Fortress_Immortal 04-27-2017

Buffed up Shar'tor staring down the Ironjawz Megaboss for a duel to the death.

04-27-2017 08:05 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1476
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhAbecedar 04-27-2017

I love your Drazhoath and Cinderbreath but you've lost all the yellow from the flames on his shield and now it all looks like blood

And who won the duel?

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 07:03 PM by Abecedar.

04-27-2017 07:02 PM
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Abecedar Wrote:
I love your Drazhoath and Cinderbreath but you've lost all the yellow from the flames on his shield and now it all looks like blood

And who won the duel?

Shar'tor won Mad

And the lighting was poor, so the overexposure made the flames look too glossy.  There is indeed yellow in there from a lower angle towards the center of the flame.  I painted it as if the flame was being dragged.

04-27-2017 07:33 PM
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhBlack_Fortress_Immortal 04-30-2017

Played 2 games of AoS this weekend:  

1. 1500pt Gift from the Heavens vs. Death

The Legion fell Respect to the Mask!

My army consisted of:
2 Daemonsmiths
1 Iron Daemon
3 Magma Cannons (Proxy a deathshrieker while I await my Magma)
1 Bull Centaur Taur'ruk
2 x 10 Ironsworn
1 x 20 Fireglaives
1 x 3 K'daai fireborn

I advanced forward, setting up on terrain for cover bonus, and buffing up my ironsworn and with the iron daemon, blocked off a path to the magma cannons, shooting and missing their shots.  He ended up getting a double turn and with the zombie dragon rolled TWO 6's to wound and did 12 MORTAL WOUNDS to my 20 man of fireglaives.  Summoned K'daai onto my objective to capture it.  I wounded the dragon down to only a few wounds, but my magma cannons continued to miss.  The crypt horrors and ghouls that I whittled down with the bull centaur and ironsworn regenerated and Arkhan wiped out the centaur with a lucky cast of their spell for the loss.

2. 1000pt Border War vs. Khorne Bloodbound

The Legion prevailed Takes Hat off

My army consisted of:
2 Daemonsmiths
1 x 20 Ironsworn
1 x 10 Ironsworn
3 x 10 Fireglaives
2 x 3 K'daai Fireborn

I was able to fly my k'daai to the objectives first turn, and force him to split his forces, while I whittled down the charging bloodwarriors and bloodreavers with my shielded ironsworn on cover (2+ save, spiteshield wounds on 4+ save!), while the fireglaives threw their grenades, along with the Daemonsmiths for 5d3 mortal wounds, and gunning down a slaughterpriest and lord of khorne in the process as well.  The slaughterpriests did manage to pump out 2d6 mortal wounds per turn, so I had to wipe them as fast as possible.  The K'daai flew over to challenge the remaining home objective, but the blood-tithe for khorne granted insane mobility with movements during MY hero phase by the khorgoraths, who then ate some pyrelock shots as I was scrambling to survive on my home objective.  I managed to get a major victory on this one.

This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 10:40 PM by Black_Fortress_Immortal.

04-30-2017 07:11 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhAbecedar 04-30-2017

Thanks for the Battle Report.  AoS itself isn't my game but I'm enjoying reading the battles of those who do play it

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
04-30-2017 07:17 PM
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhBlack_Fortress_Immortal 04-30-2017

Abecedar Wrote:
Thanks for the Battle Report.  AoS itself isn't my game but I'm enjoying reading the battles of those who do play it

Yep, I do like the AoS ruleset, as it is fairly straightforward and quick rules-wise, and does have a lot of strategy due to the special rules and mobility during combat phases that you have to keep in mind.  I should have mopped the floor against the death army, but failed due to only getting off 1/9 shots, when they have a 66% chance to hit.. and the enemy rolling boxcars and essentially deleting an entire squad.

Chaos Dwarfs lack some mobility tools of the other armies, BUT they have an insanely versatile roster and some of the best artillery rules.  My cannons were swarmed by ghouls and they were barely scratched as they were spewing magma.

This post was last modified: 04-30-2017 07:33 PM by Black_Fortress_Immortal.

04-30-2017 07:31 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhAbecedar 05-01-2017

Black_Fortress_Immortal Wrote:

Abecedar Wrote:

Yep, I do like the AoS ruleset, as it is fairly straightforward and quick rules-wise, and does have a lot of strategy due to the special rules and mobility during combat phases that you have to keep in mind.

Chaos Dwarfs lack some mobility tools of the other armies, BUT they have an insanely versatile roster and some of the best artillery rules.  My cannons were swarmed by ghouls and they were barely scratched as they were spewing magma.

Glad you like it so keep doing what you like.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
05-01-2017 03:36 AM
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhBlack_Fortress_Immortal 05-01-2017

Finished up a new balewind vortex for my infernal Daemonsmiths in their game this week against the new Kharadron dwarfs.  Hopefully will help me in landing a pre-emptive Ash Storm.

05-01-2017 09:02 AM
Pappa Midnight
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 484
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2016 Golden Hat - Silver x2 Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhPappa Midnight 05-06-2017

I'm liking the Balewind Vortex and I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on against the Kharadron dwarfs.

PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
05-06-2017 07:13 AM
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhBlack_Fortress_Immortal 05-06-2017

Pappa Midnight Wrote:
I'm liking the Balewind Vortex and I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on against the Kharadron dwarfs.

PM

Takes Hat off

The Legion prevailed.  I took my standard 1000pt list.

I've been slow with the army painting as of late because of moving and such.

1000pt Take and Hold vs. Kharadron Overlords

My army consisted of:
2 Daemonsmiths
1 x 20 Ironsworn
1 x 10 Ironsworn
3 x 10 Fireglaives
1 x 3 K'daai Fireborn

Summoning Reserve:
1 x Balewind Vortex; 1 x 3 K'daai Fireborn

He deployed his Arkanaut company inside of two frigates, that moved up first turn with the Aether Khemist, disembarked, and shot my K'daai off in the first round.  I retaliated with a summoned balewind to Ash Storm and advancing my line of Infernal Guard that were protected with mystic shield, splitting to either side of the ruins to engage the oncoming ships.  He was able to shoot at my guard, but failed because of cover and shielding bonuses, taking some casualties from the spiteshields activating on a 4+ roll for every save.  The Fireglaives did the real work here, where 20 wiped out the Arkanauts, and the barrage of naptha bombs and arcane bolt made quick work of the hero.  It was all over by the end of the third shooting phase, where the middle of the board had been cleared by the fusillade of the double-damage pyrelock critical hits and burning naptha.  I believe I had lost 6 models total, where he had lost 23, and his entire army was destroyed (tabled).

Overall, the chaos dwarfs do amazingly well in AoS, but it took me a while to find what works and what does not.  At first, I thought the battalions were best, but are a bit of a points-sink, and there is much more reliability in the Infernal Guard.

This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 09:00 AM by Black_Fortress_Immortal.

05-06-2017 08:52 AM
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhBlack_Fortress_Immortal 05-07-2017

Age of Sigmar 2000pt game versus Death (vampire counts and ghouls)!

The Legion prevailed Takes Hat off

2000pt Take and Hold vs. Death

My army consisted of:
1 Drazhoath the Ashen
2 Daemonsmiths
1 Iron Daemon
2 Magma Cannons
2 Deathshrieker Rocket Launchers
1 x 20 Ironsworn
1 x 10 Ironsworn
1 x 20 Fireglaives
1 x 10 Fireglaives
1 Balewind Vortex

We rolled for initiative in which I was granted the first turn, barely scratching the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon.  He charged forward, and scored a double turn, decimating my front line of infernal guard, where things started to look grim.  My Daemonsmith summoned up a Balewind Vortex which blasted the vampiric Blood Knights away from the artillery, in which Drazhoath summoned flames of Azgorh to burn them to a crisp.  With support from the Fireglaive pyrelocks, the Magma Cannons melted the Vampire Lord, and the Naptha and remainder of the pyrelocks felled the Ghoul King on his Terrorgheist.  From here, it was merely cleanup, as the undead threat was crumbling without support from their heroes, and the deathshriekers wiped off ghoul patrols, while more Azghorian fire and magma had banished the vampiric threat.  The rest is history...

Drazhoath was the true king in this battle, goring and trampling the weakened enemy General with Cinderbreath's horns and hooves, while his chaos spells murdered over a half dozen vampires.

This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 10:41 PM by Black_Fortress_Immortal.

05-07-2017 09:34 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhAbecedar 05-08-2017

Well done.  Hashut is pleased with you.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
05-08-2017 04:06 AM
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhBlack_Fortress_Immortal 05-08-2017

Abecedar Wrote:
Well done.  Hashut is pleased with you.

Thank you, sir Takes Hat off

I got bit by the painting-bug and have some more spare time this week, so I'll be finishing up some more pieces.

05-08-2017 08:36 AM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 207
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhCarcearion 05-08-2017

Great progressing on a satisfyingly dark force of Dawi Zharr.

I also really enjoyed the mini-battle report! I would have liked more pictures of chaos dwarves locked in combat with the dead- but it sounds like so much was dealt with at range you didnt have the opprotunity.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
05-08-2017 11:25 AM
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhBlack_Fortress_Immortal 05-09-2017

Carcearion Wrote:
Great progressing on a satisfyingly dark force of Dawi Zharr.

I also really enjoyed the mini-battle report! I would have liked more pictures of chaos dwarves locked in combat with the dead- but it sounds like so much was dealt with at range you didnt have the opprotunity.

Thank you sir Takes Hat off

Tomorrow will be an AoS showdown with the Blades of Khorne at 2000pt.

05-09-2017 10:25 PM
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhBlack_Fortress_Immortal 05-10-2017

The Legion fell Respect to the Mask!

2000pt Blood and Glory vs. Blades of Khorne

My army consisted of:
1 Drazhoath the Ashen
2 Daemonsmiths
1 Iron Daemon
2 Magma Cannons
2 Deathshrieker Rocket Launchers
1 x 20 Ironsworn
1 x 10 Ironsworn
1 x 20 Fireglaives
1 x 10 Fireglaives
1 Balewind Vortex

We deployed our forces to cover our home objectives, where I was granted the initiative by my opponent.  My Daemonsmith summoned a Balewind Vortex, in which he conjured a full-strength arcane bolt against the slaughterpriest, in which the Deathshriekers finished him off, but missed the other priest.  The line advanced, allowing the magma cannons to melt nearly a dozen bloodletter daemons, and the Iron Daemon throwing a barrage of shots into the remaining priest, nearly killing him.  He gained the double-turn, charging into my front line of Ironsworn, but was also sneaking a 30-strong force of reavers and blood warriors around the side of the field to hit my flank and secure an objective.  The shielded Iron Daemon was able to absorb the hits from the blood warriors, but was struck from the blood-fueled chaotic prayer from the dying priest.  By the time I could retaliate with shooting, nearly 2 dozen dwarfs lay dead, where my counter-fire was deadly indeed.  Drazhoath's conjured flames were extinguished by Khorne's brazen rune, but the arcane bolt from the Daemonsmith almost killed the priest, but the fireglaives finished the job.  A hail of naptha grenades and pyrelock shots had slain the Skullgrinder and a handful of skullreapers, where magma cannons had finished off the rest of the bloodletters.  The remaining Deathshriekers slayed the Bloodsecrator, further reducing the enemy's strength, where Drazhoath soared over the line and charged the remaining support heroes, setting them ablaze with Cinderbreath's blazing body, and goring the bloodstoker.  On his next offensive, the Iron Daemon fell, as did more Ironsworn, allowing him to flood the objectives with dozens of blood-crazed warriors, immediately securing the win.

If I was of sound tactical mind, I would have sent Drazhoath over to challenge the infantry sneaking around the side, but my Artillery wasn't able to kill as many of them as I thought.  I only lost 28/60 dwarfs and 1 Iron Daemon, whereas he lost 30 daemons, 2 priests, 1 'secrator, half dozen blood warriors, half dozen bloodreavers, a handful of skullreapers... but I positioned poorly in regards to the objectives with my gunline infernal guard.

This post was last modified: 05-11-2017 08:46 AM by Black_Fortress_Immortal.

05-10-2017 10:46 PM
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhBlack_Fortress_Immortal 05-12-2017

So, I was thinking that instead of going the more "comical" dark armor and glowing rune route, I will probably go for the realistic and corroded and grimy/evil/dark route on the army.  Glowing runes may be added eventually, but I REALLY am digging this look... especially with some burnished bronze plates over a volcanic base.  I recently picked up the line of Citadel Technical Paints... and I think that they can be used to great effect on the Infernal Guard and warmachines.

What do you guys think here?

Keep in mind that I play Warhammer, and in the lore, the world was eradicated, but the Chaos Dwarfs survived.  I'd like a bit of the "beat up" look to shine through.

This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 12:59 AM by Black_Fortress_Immortal.

05-12-2017 12:52 AM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 207
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhCarcearion 05-12-2017

Looks great, always a fan of a worn or corroded metal look.

What technical paints did you use?

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
05-12-2017 01:36 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 697
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of AzgorhAdmiral 05-12-2017

I think your "comical" look of sharp contrast between fiery glow and dark armour is as iconic as it is striking in quality and contrast. I've looked at pictures of your army for quite a long time. This is precisely how one would imagine Chaos Dwarfs appearing in cinema if monochromatic trends persist but the art director had the good sense to include red as a spot colour. I'm glad to have seen such an exquisite mix of fire and darkness executed to this high degree. However, if you want to go for something else, then go for something else by all means. Happy

The corroded metal effect works well, too, and is a testament to your painting skills. I'm sure your army will look splendid like that as well. Any particular recipe to achieve that effect?

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Deadline 4th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 03:04 AM by Admiral.

05-12-2017 02:50 AM
Pages (7): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Legion of Azgorh - Zaramuskharaz' Chaos Dwarfs and their Infernal Machines Zaramuskharaz 18 3,151 03-05-2017 02:42 PM
Last Post: Pazuzu
  Dawi of the Black Fortress & AoS Warband gIL^ 87 27,908 09-20-2015 05:55 PM
Last Post: gIL^
  Thorgars Legion of the Black Fortress Thorgar 37 13,806 04-24-2014 09:40 PM
Last Post: Thorgar
  MLPs Legion of Azgorh [2500/4000] MLP 38 29,784 09-26-2012 03:16 PM
Last Post: DAGabriel
  Thrawn's Legion of Azgorh (Forgeworld Models) thrawn 49 32,592 09-11-2012 11:45 AM
Last Post: Vogon

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites