Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Designing the units
Author MessageDesigning the units
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 528
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Designing the unitsAdmiral 05-10-2017

Splendid! The face is particularly well painted. Keep on churning out great art. Looking forward to the next instalment. Cheers!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
05-10-2017 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Roark
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 18

RE: Designing the unitsRoark 05-10-2017

The Father of Darkness himself!! @#&£ing brilliant mate. Made my day.

"Raise the icon. Load the pyres. The Father will have the spoils today, that we may be blessed tomorrow." - Drughaz the Taker
05-10-2017 08:27 AM
t5p1ny
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 232

RE: Designing the unitst5p1ny 05-10-2017

Roark Wrote:
The Father of Darkness himself!! @#&£ing brilliant mate. Made my day.

This makes me happy Happy cheers

A.K.A. knightinflames

Check my artwork @ http://knightinflames.deviantart.com/
05-10-2017 03:06 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Roark
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 18

RE: Designing the unitsRoark 05-11-2017

That's the first representation of Hashut I've ever seen. I don't know if anyone's actually portrayed him... ever! Did not disappoint.

"Raise the icon. Load the pyres. The Father will have the spoils today, that we may be blessed tomorrow." - Drughaz the Taker
05-11-2017 09:52 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Designing the unitsAdmiral 05-11-2017

I think many of us have had aspects of Hashut in mind when doing various bull or Lammasu stuff, including Baggronor's fantastic balrog body-lammasu head altar idol. But this is indeed on a whole level above. Great stuff t5p1ny! I can't help but think a polished acrylic version with dark and fiery background in thick colours akin to the heavy tone in CD Forgeworld art would suit this Dark Godhead perfectly. Perhaps drooling molten metal as with Baggronor's idol scene.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 05-11-2017 11:06 AM by Admiral.

05-11-2017 10:25 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 497
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Veteran                               
RE: Designing the unitsJackswift 05-11-2017

Nicely executed and a great use of watercolor on the Hashut head.  Especially the horns.  Also, I very much like the fantastically epic Big Hat on the pencil sketch prior to that one.  Would love to see a sculpt of that one for certain.  Cheers!

05-11-2017 01:19 PM
t5p1ny
Hobgoblin

RE: Designing the unitst5p1ny 05-11-2017

Admiral Wrote:
I think many of us have had aspects of Hashut in mind when doing various bull or Lammasu stuff, including Baggronor's fantastic balrog body-lammasu head altar idol. But this is indeed on a whole level above. Great stuff t5p1ny! I can't help but think a polished acrylic version with dark and fiery background in thick colours akin to the heavy tone in CD Forgeworld art would suit this Dark Godhead perfectly. Perhaps drooling molten metal as with Baggronor's idol scene.

I will eventually get to do just that!

I am taking classes in traditional medium art. I started using gouache today, and next will come acrylic. As I go on learning expect more and more experiments with the various materials as I reach for mastery. Every time I can work on a Chaos Dwarf piece in class I do so, rest assured. Also I hope not to disappoint, considering I still lack experience with many of the finer mediums (a.i. acrylics and oil)

Thank you for all the feedback and support guys Happy

A.K.A. knightinflames

This post was last modified: 05-11-2017 07:21 PM by t5p1ny.

05-11-2017 07:20 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
t5p1ny
Hobgoblin

RE: Designing the unitst5p1ny 07-01-2017

Here's a gouache of a chaos dwarf warrior i made in class

A.K.A. knightinflames

This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 09:31 AM by t5p1ny.

07-01-2017 02:28 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1360
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Designing the unitsGrimstonefire 07-01-2017

I've been having a look in your gallery, that's a seriously cool collection of art you have there!

You should do some big bits and get them framed!

I really like the Zharr Naggrund as well, that might possibly be the first time anyone has drawn it actually.??

Personally I imagine it being about 10 times as big as that, but even so it's lovely to see someone finally draw it!

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
07-01-2017 03:14 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Designing the unitsAdmiral 07-01-2017

Lovely colour painting! Could you perhaps take a straighter picture of it, not at an angle? It would be much easier to use as an illustration etc. that way. Happy

Speaking of which, if you could take a straight-square picture/scan of your goauche warrior, would you by any chance be interested in giving us your permission to use it as an illustration in e.g. this story or this song? I know you've got Games Workshop ambitions, so I don't expect a yes in any way, but I'm always asking whenever a member produces illustration-appropriate material (one trait is that there is a coloured picture extending all the way to the four corners). Whatever you choose, keep the artworks and concepts coming!

I'm always a fan of vibrant colours and especially blue contrasted against red, so it's nice to see in your painting. (Although I'm sure John Blanche would have avoided blue altogether; everyone has a style of his own.) Keep up the good work!

We've had ziggurat city depictions before (t5p1ny's is a classic among them), though indeed none of them are as colossally big as is proper. Megalomania ahoy!

This post was last modified: 07-01-2017 05:52 PM by Admiral.

07-01-2017 05:51 PM
t5p1ny
Hobgoblin

RE: Designing the unitst5p1ny 07-03-2017

Thank you Grimstone. Your feedback is appreciated Happy

I think it might take a bit until I can get a proper scan of this latest painting but I'll try. Thing is, what I do in class is supposed to stay in the class room until I am done with the current module/technique. I don't mind my artworks being used in fan material, so long as I am credited for the art ^^
What we discussed was more about creating and selling alternative miniatures, which I will refrain from doing, for the time being Happy

As a sidenote, the pose for this last painting was taken directly from this artwork:
https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/...r_2_lg.jpg

A.K.A. knightinflames

This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 05:30 PM by t5p1ny.

07-03-2017 05:23 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Designing the unitsAdmiral 07-03-2017

It was indeed very familiar! Thanks, due credit is always given to artists for story illustrations.

07-03-2017 07:00 PM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1232
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Designing the unitsNicodemus 07-04-2017

So full of greatness!!

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

07-04-2017 02:41 PM
t5p1ny
Hobgoblin

RE: Designing the unitst5p1ny 07-05-2017

Here's a little profile portrait of a chaos dwarf, I made in class with ballpoints, alcohol and Neocolor II watercolors.

A.K.A. knightinflames

This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 09:31 AM by t5p1ny.

07-05-2017 07:41 AM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Slaves: 183
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Designing the unitsCarcearion 07-05-2017

OoooOooooh! I like portrait! It has a very Lost Kingdoms Chaos Dwarf feel to it. The darkend hornes, glowing eyes, and pointy ears all kind of give an air of fell magic.

I love the warrior up above as well! Great image! I really love the idea of sort of converting classic dwarf artwork to Chaos Dwarf material.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
07-05-2017 11:58 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1307
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Designing the unitstjub 07-17-2017

Amazing stuff!

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

07-17-2017 02:48 AM
t5p1ny
Hobgoblin

RE: Designing the unitst5p1ny 11-10-2017

So it's been a few months since I last posted. Since then I didn't get to work more on chaos dwarf pieces but I am finishing one right now, so I thought I'd post a WIP for your consideration.
Refining my watercolor technique.

A.K.A. knightinflames

11-10-2017 02:12 PM
Will Liam
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 231
Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Designing the unitsWill Liam 11-10-2017

That picture is brilliant - the way it captures movement with the dust as he is about to slay his victim looks amazing - the proportions look good too - well done!

11-10-2017 04:26 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Designing the unitsAdmiral 11-10-2017

Sweet indeed. Agreed with Will, and the way you manage to paint detailed characters with water colour is in itself impressive, just as the equipment design on the CD is. Extra good since you included a belted whip, trophy skulls and such add-ons. Great WIP picture! Death to the longshanks!

This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 04:31 PM by Admiral.

11-10-2017 04:30 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Designing the unitsAbecedar 11-10-2017

Beautiful

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 07:15 PM by Abecedar.

11-10-2017 07:14 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites