Adeptus Titanicus
Author MessageAdeptus Titanicus
Cloister
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 5

RE: Adeptus TitanicusCloister 07-24-2018

Here is an unboxing video which is pretty thorough too. https://youtu.be/mAFT6DsHb6Y
It's very tempting, you can tell they really went all out on this boxed set, it's gonna be a pricey one, though.

07-24-2018 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 49
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Adeptus TitanicusDînadan 08-11-2018

So who jumped in on this?  Managed to snag a Grand Master box this morning. 😁

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

08-11-2018 07:13 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1349
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Adeptus TitanicusGrimstonefire 08-14-2018

Not so much for gameplay, but I do quite like the models.

Makes me think a diorama with a couple of hundred epic marines and tanks etc would look awesome.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
08-14-2018 03:53 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dînadan

Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Adeptus TitanicusDînadan 08-18-2018

My copy arrived this morning.  Unfortunately (for a given value of unfortunate) today was my D&D day so I haven’t had much chance to take an in depth look at it.  Gave the sprues a quick look over and they look really nice; think the Knights could be useful for converting Chaos Androids or Men of Iron for regular 40k or Inq28.

Had a quick flick through the rulebook and think it’ll require a couple more reads to get everything straight in my head, but I think once you’ve got the grasp of it it shouldn’t be too hard to play.  Looks very tactical, with the order you activate units in being very important and manoeuvring being a vital component, even more so than in games like BFG for example as you could line up a perfect kill shot in the movement phase only to lose it in the combat phase when an attack knocks your titan about or your machine spirit activates and decides to do its own thing.

Interestingly, there’s no seperate shooting and fight phases; instead there’s a single combat phase and all attacks are made in this phase.

I need to reread the rules but from my skim, I don’t think it’d be too hard for non-Titan units to be added in in a future supplement book.  Vehicle squadrons and infantry/bike squads could easily follow most of the rules for Knight Squadrons, simply being frailer and with weaker weapons.  Every unit has a ‘scale’ rating to represent its size and Knights have a Scale of 3, so it’d be easy to have non-super heavy vehicles be Scale 2 and infantry/bikes/etc be Scale 1.  Now Scale has a mechanical importance beyond simply being a unit’s size (eg when two titans collide via movement they inflict D6 hits on each other with a Strength equal to the other titan’s scale), so Knights being Scale 3 doesn’t implicitly mean smaller stuff will come, but it does mean that there is room they could be slotted into in future if AT does well enough to justify the production costs of full Legiones Astartes, Skitarii and Imperial Army ranges.

08-18-2018 06:21 PM
Dînadan

RE: Adeptus TitanicusDînadan 08-23-2018

Done a dry fit of one of the buildings this afternoon and took the time to measure the door on one of the parts; the wicket door is ~6.5mm tall which means that the minis are 6mm scale rather than the purported 8mm scale; I’m guessing the confusion is probably a misunderstanding and FW probably meant that a marine would be 8mm in this scale (which fits if you think about it - if a ~6foot man is 6mm, then an 8foot genetically engineered superman would be 8mm).  Which is good news for those with old Epic collections; while your old titans won’t fit, everything else will. Wink

08-23-2018 01:58 PM
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 40

RE: Adeptus TitanicusDuncan 08-27-2018

Any known plans for Ork Gargants, Eldar titans etc?

What about other vehicles, tanks, infantry etc, or is it Imperial against chaos Heresy era stuff only?

08-27-2018 03:28 AM
Dînadan

RE: Adeptus TitanicusDînadan 08-27-2018

FW have said there’s no plans for non-titans at the moment and that they’re sticking to Imperials vs Chaos for now.  I think it’s also been said Xenos will depend on how well the game does.

08-27-2018 07:42 AM
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii Admiral 20 6,256 06-05-2016 04:56 PM
Last Post: Admiral
  Adeptus Arbites zagor66 22 9,253 11-13-2007 04:06 PM
Last Post: Father Grumpmas

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend