Post Reply  Post Thread 
CDO Website Changes
Author MessageCDO Website Changes
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 588
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
CDO Website ChangesAdmiral 01-03-2020

Mega-Threads in Chaos Dwarf General Discussion

Greetings, folks!

Multiple existing threads have been merged and hijacked to serve as mega-threads fo AoS Dawi Zharr & Twisted Duardin, T9A Infernal Dwarves and KoW Abyssal Dwarves and Blood Bowl & Fantasy Football Chaos Dwarfs. Please keep most AoS, KoW, T9A and BB Chaos/Abyssal/Infernal Dwarf discussion to those threads. Topics which do not necessarily need a new thread will me merged with the mega-threads per routine, going forward.

These big threads are for the need of Chaos Dwarfs Online to register in the top search results for evil dwarfs in the various new settings. By keeping discussions concentrated we stand a better chance to appear on the Google radar in the current split wargaming milieu.

Unlike the aforementioned AoS, T9A and KoW Mega-Threads, the BB/fantasy football one will also feature relevant miniature news from all companies (whereas only GW/FW will show up for AoS, and Mantic for KoW).

The Staff

Upcoming Overhaul

Also, a big overhaul/reboot will be attempted later this year. Tjub and I are dead set to make it or break it, and give CDO the critical technical features which allows for direct image upload, such as Imgur, Reddit or Facebook sport: Mantic's Kings of War Forum shows the way forward.

This forum that refused to die, for the race that refused to die, have fought many succesful rearguard actions over the last years:

We met the Photobucket crisis with stubborn toil and escaped with the vast bulk of our accumulated image treasures intact. We have managed to keep the flame alive and sport lively activity from our members in all the new major wargames out there, where many other forums died in the wake of the End Times. And while our numbers have dwindled, our creativity burns as bright as ever, and the forum is overall a friendly community.

Yet the magnetism of Facebook with its intuitively simple image upload is proving too great a challenge to overcome with our old tech. So we will have to rejuvenate CDO's software and catch up in the race for the sake of our long term.

Chaos Dwarfs Online is now over 12 years old. It has been a creative hobby hub of brilliance from the very start. We hope to make it bloom anew in numbers for our next dozen years ahead, even if we have to restart it on a new site to acquire all necessary features. There might be a crowdfunding attempt; we shall see.

Be assured that all our treasures will be carried over by manual labour if a reboot occurs. We will not lose our past to safeguard our future.

Special thanks to all our active members, new and old! Stay tuned as ever, and keep sharing your ingenious creations. Takes Hat off

Cheers

Also on CDO
Artisan's Contest XXIX: Deadline 18th of January 2020

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 01-03-2020 02:42 PM by Admiral.

01-03-2020 02:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: CDO Website ChangesFuggit Khan 01-05-2020

This is definitely a huge undertaking, and I'd like to thank Hashut for such devout servants here on CDO Takes Hat off
A great initiative!
Hashut!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
01-05-2020 12:35 AM
Reaver of Uzkulak
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 158
Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: CDO Website ChangesReaver of Uzkulak 01-05-2020

While I acknowledge the ease of posting to facebook, for me this forum sparks more creativity than a casual scroll through facebook. Personally, I find that participating here in this well curated environment with such collaborative folks to be more rewarding in the long run. Here's to the revamp going smoothly, Zharr will survive!

Army Blog: Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet

Other miniature projects on Instagram
01-05-2020 08:42 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MadHatter
Zharr-Naggrund Fancyhat

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 231
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: CDO Website ChangesMadHatter 01-06-2020

Sounds good this, yes forums are a thing of the past with the social platforms, as the project moves forward let me know and I'll put a CDO splash in my battlereport videos moving forward

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
BAD BATTLEREPORTS
01-06-2020 12:45 AM
Zanthrax
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 232
Artisan's Contest - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: CDO Website ChangesZanthrax 01-06-2020

Sounds great -  good luck to the team on this exciting new era for the undying CDO

My guide to alternative Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs 2017 edition: http://ironhaiden666.blogspot.com/2017/1...chaos.html
01-06-2020 01:03 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: CDO Website Changestjub 01-06-2020

Jupp, I think most of us feel kind of the same regarding "social platforms" or Forums. So with the ability to host/upload photos to the forum will make it alot smoother to post and hopefully survive for years to come...
Admiral is really doing an epic job here! Takes Hat off

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

This post was last modified: 01-06-2020 05:08 AM by tjub.

01-06-2020 05:08 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: CDO Website ChangesXander 01-06-2020

Hear, hear. Well said.

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
01-06-2020 09:50 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sjoerdo
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 106
Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: CDO Website ChangesSjoerdo 01-06-2020

i applaud all the efforts you guys have made over the years to make this forum to what it is today. I don't do facebook, so a forum like this is crucial for me!

01-06-2020 11:22 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1392
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: CDO Website ChangesZanko 01-06-2020

Sjoerdo Wrote:
i applaud all the efforts you guys have made over the years to make this forum to what it is today. I don't do facebook, so a forum like this is crucial for me!

I couldn't agree more. Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

01-06-2020 01:42 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: CDO Website ChangesHashut's Blessing 01-11-2020

Absolutely fantastic ideas. And the great thing that a forum can do that Facebook and the like haven't mastered is proper and decent blogs. As well as easier search functionalities and just straight up finding topics you want to read/talk about by getting a headline and choosing to pop into the conversation.

You guys have done fantastic work from what I can see over the last few years and I'm grateful you've kept things going and given me a place i can come back to.

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

01-11-2020 08:41 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: CDO Website Changestjub 01-12-2020

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Absolutely fantastic ideas. And the great thing that a forum can do that Facebook and the like haven't mastered is proper and decent blogs. As well as easier search functionalities and just straight up finding topics you want to read/talk about by getting a headline and choosing to pop into the conversation.

You guys have done fantastic work from what I can see over the last few years and I'm grateful you've kept things going and given me a place i can come back to.

Oh, and Welcome back! What are your dark plans for the future? Cheers!

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

01-12-2020 05:54 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: CDO Website ChangesHashut's Blessing 01-22-2020

Thanks, tjub! I have many and varied plans for the dark future. I mean dark plans for the many and varied futures. I mean... urm.... Cake?

I do plan to start up a new blog as I try coming back into the fold. I still technically moderate the Chaos Dwarfs Online Facebook group too. I'm aiming to build a full Age of Sigmar Legion of Azgorh force and I want to paint all of it properly and as best I can. I'm also looking at Star Wars Legion - have some models, but not been able to prime them over winter. Looking to sort out proper terrain and gaming area and start playing. I also plan to still use my Chaos Dwarfs for some 8th edition playing, if I can find some local players - not sure yet if I'll finagle the bases onto trays or just go for 4th edition big hats for 8th and Forgeworld roundies for Age of Sigmar or what. My big plan is still to make my K'daii Destroyer (a treat after building the core of my force) from all those years ago when I was still frequently on here (for Age of Sigmar, I plan to use Orghotts Daemonspew's rules as they seem to most closely fit the profile from the Tamurkhan book).

I want to get back to being active on here (and in general, frankly) and get involved in the contests and pushing forward witht he Chaos Dwarf narrative where I can. I gotta earn my username back, after all Wink

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

01-22-2020 12:30 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites