Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (9): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!
Author MessageGolden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Hashut's Blessing 03-20-2008

Mine is done and I actually have two entries, just deciding which to send in now.

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

03-20-2008 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1225
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Willmark 03-20-2008

I think I'm totally going to regret this but.... I'm going back the drawing board. My model is not coming out the way I want it to so I'm going to plan B. Plan B will be way cool but I've wasted a fair amount of time with only 11 days to go!

My Want List / My Trade List
03-20-2008 02:21 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
furrie
hat lover

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!furrie 03-20-2008

good luck, I hope it you manage to get it done in time

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

03-20-2008 02:55 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Hashut's Blessing 03-21-2008

I fortunately have the pictures for the model I want to post. I left my camera at university ya see Wink

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

03-21-2008 05:45 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Ishkur Cinderhat 03-21-2008

Hehe Willmark so we both will have the same amount of time for our model, then. Still haven't started any serious work here. Time to make good use of the weekend!

03-21-2008 06:13 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!clam 03-22-2008

Ahh! I have finished the greens for this - but as the rest of my army - he (yes, it's a he) still needs a lot of paint. Just spend about £20 on some of those Formula P3-paints. Think I'll try them out on this one Happy - So there is still hope - for me - to enter my first GH!

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
03-22-2008 12:59 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Kera foehunter 03-23-2008

Ha ha  i'm done !!!!all i have too do is send the pictures .

The last of female chaos dwarf
03-23-2008 07:06 AM
WarplockMonkey
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0
Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!WarplockMonkey 03-23-2008

Yarrrr! Mines almost done!

Well....to be honest the actual model itself has been done for weeks....i only have the base to paint...but i REALLY can't be arsed to get my paints out...

Plus i have been distracted by a shiney new project...sculpting a PROPER kroxigor...not those scrawney little things GW make...

And yes GRNDL...both of them are made ENTIRELY of GS/BS!!!!

"I dont have TIME fo' pain, the only pain I'VE got time fo' is the pain I put on foos who dont know what time it is" - Terrible Terry Tate

Got an idea for that model you've always wanted to make, but couldn't find the means to convert it? Seen that bit of artwork and thought 'That would be an awesome model'? Give Warplock a PM, any sculpting/converting request considered Wink

Sojourn Wrote:
Anything Warplock says, instantly becomes fact.

03-23-2008 04:47 PM
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Slaves: 158
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!GRNDL 03-23-2008

Takes Hat off Warplock!

I'm about 30 mins or so from finishing the converting/sculpting on my entry and its come out more or less as I'd hoped it would. I'm not sure what it says as a Standard Bearer but... hhehehe

About 20% of the putty used was in Warplock's fabled mystical legendary Modelling Compound, whose recipe was long lost to most modellers, hidden in the secret repertoire of Warplockmonkey in ancient, kelp strewn Wetwang...

I'm looking forward to the Krox, Warp! You've done nothing but awesome work!! Although now you have some good competition in the Lizardman conversion/sculpting race from Kyte!!

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

03-23-2008 05:46 PM
WarplockMonkey
Bull Centaur Hero

Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!WarplockMonkey 03-23-2008

You see? I TOLD you it was good stuff!

And as for the krox...iv just about got all the musculature done, iv done the weapon, iv sulpted the scales on the hips and legs, a few more hours and he should be complete!

HOWEVER...no matter how hard i try i cannot do a convincing head...i must have had 4 attempts and all turn out to look like a cartoon snake...any ideas or tips?

"I dont have TIME fo' pain, the only pain I'VE got time fo' is the pain I put on foos who dont know what time it is" - Terrible Terry Tate

Got an idea for that model you've always wanted to make, but couldn't find the means to convert it? Seen that bit of artwork and thought 'That would be an awesome model'? Give Warplock a PM, any sculpting/converting request considered Wink

Sojourn Wrote:
Anything Warplock says, instantly becomes fact.

03-23-2008 06:13 PM
Vexxus
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 67
Army Showcase Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Vexxus 03-23-2008

Xander Wrote:
My bro is working on an entry!  I need to catch up to him, perhaps I will dedicate tomorrow to converting something special. Happy

Well I guess the word is already out that I will be entering (hello everyone btw)!

Is everyone afraid? You should be, I just finished today!

What Xander failed to mention, is that I am his older, better-looking, taught-him-all-he-knows brother!

Mmmwahahaha joking... on the last bit anyhow.

Great competition, I always love deadlines and the competitive spirit. There is plenty of talent and experience to compete with here, and I wish all entrants the best of luck!

Vex

03-23-2008 06:26 PM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!torn 03-23-2008

this is just fantastic!

dont usually bother looking at doing the golden hat because im always away all the time working but i have been off for easter and guess what . . . i have a half made standard bearer sat next to my painting table and i have just been thinking i should actually get some CD's done for once.

unfortunately the banner is already done in 3d, because i would have liked to hand paint a mural for the competition. if its any inspiration to you here is a blood angel banner i hand did a few years ago (thankfully my painting skills are better now though)

well he is wearing red :p
good luck to everyone!

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
03-23-2008 09:37 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Willmark 03-24-2008

Looks like I'm back on track. I should probably finish my entry by Thursday.

03-24-2008 08:32 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Hashut's Blessing 03-24-2008

Dang it. I seem to have competition Big Grin At least my pics are posted!

WarplockMonkey Wrote:

03-24-2008 06:13 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Grimstonefire 03-24-2008

@Vexxus
Do I see a bit of family sabotage?  Watch that Xander, particularly if he's doing a Sneaky Git standard bearer Happy

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
03-24-2008 06:37 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Willmark 03-24-2008

Vexxus Wrote:
What Xander failed to mention, is that I am his older, better-looking, taught-him-all-he-knows brother!

Well You got part of that right... let me fix it for you:

Vexxus Wrote:
What Xander failed to mention, is that I am his know it-all brother!

Happy

03-24-2008 08:07 PM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!torn 03-24-2008

finished my entry now i just have to choose which photos make it actually look good lol

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
03-24-2008 08:23 PM
Abyss
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Abyss 03-25-2008

hey, havn't posted in this thread but as soon as i saw the topic of this golden hat i knew i had to giv it a go, my entry is finished and i had a bit of a revelation which i thought i'd share with you all.

when i first started on the entry it was because i wanted to enter and i wanted to win (who doesn't? lol) but as i got further into the project and invested more time in it i realised that i wasn't realy bothered weather i won of not, as i had created a model and with my sculpting abilities (they're not great) i had managed to take the idea through to being a completed model which looked like i had first imagined it should.

i thought this was quite special and is what the golden hat competition is about, rather than just creating a model which will beat everyone else.

peace out bro's

my chaos dwarfs- http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...973&page=3
03-25-2008 05:41 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!Willmark 03-25-2008

You have the right idea Abyss. Only one of us is going to win and with the likes of Grim and Ishkur entering its a tall order indeed.

I've always said that painting is about how good YOU can do and not anyone else. Try your best and improve on your capabilties. That is what i've always done and its worked for me Wink

03-25-2008 07:47 AM
furrie
hat lover

Slaves: 243

RE: Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!furrie 03-25-2008

the reason I entered the comp was to practise my skills (my entery it is my first CD Tongue)

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

03-25-2008 02:24 PM
Pages (9): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition Grimstonefire 244 135,115 03-01-2009 05:33 PM
Last Post: clam
  Golden Hat #7 - Painting Competition Willmark 116 63,568 11-03-2008 01:15 AM
Last Post: Sojourn
  Golden Hat #6 - Painting Competition Willmark 184 100,045 07-04-2008 09:09 PM
Last Post: Hashut's Blessing
Exclamation Golden Hat #3 - Painting Competition! The Flying Beaver 86 45,515 10-01-2007 09:54 AM
Last Post: Canix
  One Week Left for the Painting Competition! Xander 15 9,152 09-27-2007 07:32 AM
Last Post: Xander

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites