Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (152): « First < Previous 148 149 150 151 [152] Last »
Introductions: New members post here!
Author MessageIntroductions: New members post here!
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 528
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Introductions: New members post here!Admiral 07-25-2017

Sounds like fun times ahead of you, Uther! Welcome aboard, and enjoy the family wargaming. Takes Hat off

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
07-25-2017 03:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uther the unhinged
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 59

RE: Introductions: New members post here!Uther the unhinged 07-25-2017

Thanks all
Don't expect too much of my skills. But I hopoe you enjoy my attempts

07-25-2017 06:21 PM
Nebukadnezar
Slave

Slaves: 4

RE: Introductions: New members post here!Nebukadnezar 08-19-2017

// same message as in the Facebookgroup

Hello guys, let me introduce myself. I am from Austria, Vienna and Skaven player. But my big dream always was to play the chaos dwarfs and now I am going to start an army playing with the ninth age rules.
I love Chaos dwarfs because of their somehow cool and somehow funny hats. Because of this I am no big fan of the forge world models. I wan't to try the "russian alternative" models and make green stuff hats for the FW models. Furthermore I wan't to use some old models (I have 6 bull centaurs and lamassu yet).
Second reason for loving Chaos Dwarfs is, that I am very interested in Mesopotamian History. Sumer, Assur and Babylonia were at least as powerful as Egypt in their best days, but are far less popular in games/books/adaptations/history at schools. In my CD army I will mix in this interest of mine. Babylonia was bronze age, so I am looking for a way to make my army look cool with gold and bronze but without the use of iron paints.
Furthermore I would like to paint and green stuff my models as good as I can (I am no pro yet), trying to get to my limits so please expect some pictures from my advancing army starting in september Happy

08-19-2017 03:11 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1307
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Introductions: New members post here!tjub 08-20-2017

Welcome to a great and positive community! Takes Hat off

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

08-20-2017 04:08 AM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 183
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Introductions: New members post here!Carcearion 08-20-2017

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing  some new big hats! Takes Hat off

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!

This post was last modified: 08-20-2017 02:01 PM by Carcearion.

08-20-2017 02:00 PM
gandalfthegimp
Slave

Slaves: 3

RE: Introductions: New members post here!gandalfthegimp 09-01-2017

Hey guys.

I'm a brand new CD player from Glasgow, Scotland. I played 40k with Dark Angles and a small amount of Fantasy with Orcs and Brettonians back in 1999-2001 before then turning my efforts to Lotr for a couple of years.
Returning to Warhammer had always been somewhere on my mind but I've dedicated the last decade to my career, basically making my hobby into my job and I now really need another hobby! Total War games were always a love of mine, and I'd been putting their Warhammer edition off for as long as possible, knowing it would lead to exactly what it's caused. Now I'm ecstatic to build my CD army!

Having a look round the forums, I'm glad such a community exists. Especially since there's a lack of everything else of CD from GW!
Now I'm just weighing up whether to go with AoS or 9th Age. I'm pretty sure I'll mainly stick with the former, assuming there wont be many games clubs/nights in my area.

I'll be absorbing plenty of information and likely asking a lot of questions so you'll definitely see me around!

09-01-2017 07:25 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Introductions: New members post here!tjub 09-01-2017

Great, welcome to the community!Takes Hat off

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

09-01-2017 07:44 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Introductions: New members post here!Xander 09-01-2017

Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
09-01-2017 02:24 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 183
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Introductions: New members post here!Carcearion 09-01-2017

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing what you get up to. Are you team hats or team masks?

Respect to the Hat! vs Respect to the Mask!

I also highly recommend at least considering Kings of War, we have a strong showing in their "Abyssal Dwarf" army list (also the multi-basing option is phenomenal!), but most of all I recommend figuring out what people in your area play and going with that Takes Hat off

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
09-01-2017 03:14 PM
gandalfthegimp
Slave

Slaves: 3

RE: Introductions: New members post here!gandalfthegimp 09-03-2017

Carcearion Wrote:
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing what you get up to. Are you team hats or team masks?

Respect to the Hat! vs Respect to the Mask!

I also highly recommend at least considering Kings of War, we have a strong showing in their "Abyssal Dwarf" army list (also the multi-basing option is phenomenal!), but most of all I recommend figuring out what people in your area play and going with that Takes Hat off

thanks! Happy

I'm 50/50 on hats and masks... most of the models I've gotten so far are hats but mainly since I've been snatching up the 1992 GW CDs and Hobgobs since they seem to be in limited supply - especially if everyone's going for 4000+ points. I do really really like the new FW Azgorh models though.

Kings of War is now added to my research list, cheers! Seems like no one really plays it locally though.

09-03-2017 08:32 AM
Abyssalmatt
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 2

RE: Introductions: New members post here!Abyssalmatt 10-06-2017

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, but ive been playing chaos dwarfs since 92ish. I just started painting them finally, and mixing them with some battleforge and mantic miniatures.

10-06-2017 07:38 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Introductions: New members post here!Abecedar 10-07-2017

Welcome, Welcome all.
Fresh and Impressionable Minds are always needed

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
10-07-2017 03:53 AM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 828

RE: Introductions: New members post here!Ghrask Dragh 10-07-2017

Welcome all

@Abyssalmatt I'm looking forward to seeing that mix of Classic and new Chaos Dwarfs!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
10-07-2017 05:02 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abyssalmatt
Hobgoblin

RE: Introductions: New members post here!Abyssalmatt 10-07-2017

Thank you Happy. I've built up some Russian alternatives already, they're great models, but some of them need alot of pin work.
I'm gonna try the werewoolf miniatures line next I think, I'm looking for blunderbuss troops that I can use for abyssal dwarf decimators that arent terrible models, like abyssal dwarf decimators are :/

This post was last modified: 10-07-2017 09:50 AM by Abyssalmatt.

10-07-2017 09:47 AM
Hexen
Slave

Slaves: 1

RE: Introductions: New members post here!Hexen 10-16-2017

Hello! I've played exactly part of one game with the Chaos Dwarfs as yet.

They are a delightful army, despite the hard-going of meeting one with the gall to face them.

Seeking one of their Juggernauts as yet...

10-16-2017 08:22 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Introductions: New members post here!Abecedar 10-17-2017

Welcome Hexen.  If you mean one of the original 3rd Ed Chaos Dwarf Juggernauts, then Good Luck.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
10-17-2017 08:32 AM
Amoboko
Slave

RE: Introductions: New members post here!Amoboko 11-11-2017

Hi guys,

Newbie alert.
I'm Thomas from Belgium.

As a kid I collected 40 K and some random Warhammer figurines and only recently picked up the hobby again.
This time with a pure focus on Blood Bowl.
I do have some Chorfs, not a complete BB team.
But early next year my favorite artist will release a team :-)

I'm here to get some painting tips and maybe some additional Chorfs to make my BB team.

11-11-2017 07:19 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: Introductions: New members post here!tjub 11-11-2017

Amoboko Wrote:
Hi guys,

Newbie alert.
I'm Thomas from Belgium.

As a kid I collected 40 K and some random Warhammer figurines and only recently picked up the hobby again.
This time with a pure focus on Blood Bowl.
I do have some Chorfs, not a complete BB team.
But early next year my favorite artist will release a team :-)

I'm here to get some painting tips and maybe some additional Chorfs to make my BB team.

Welcome! We are quite a few Blood Bowl players here as well, so feel free to ask anything of share your ideas! Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

11-11-2017 12:24 PM
Amoboko
Slave

RE: Introductions: New members post here!Amoboko 11-12-2017

Cheers, will do.

In addition I do have a question.
Recently I purchased a second hand Lamasu + sorcerer but he is missing his lance ( to be used for banners).
Is this a piece that easily could be found?

11-12-2017 10:16 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: Introductions: New members post here!tjub 11-12-2017

Amoboko Wrote:
Cheers, will do.

In addition I do have a question.
Recently I purchased a second hand Lamasu + sorcerer but he is missing his lance ( to be used for banners).
Is this a piece that easily could be found?

Not that I know of, but we have a "Market Section" for trading.

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

11-12-2017 01:18 PM
Pages (152): « First < Previous 148 149 150 151 [152] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites