Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer Podcast
Author MessageChaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer Podcast
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer Podcastcornixt 03-07-2008

Finally got around to listening to it.  Might be a bit long an over an hour.
Chaos Dwarf Cast: It does sound pretty odd.  "CDO Podcast" seemed okay, how about "Hashutcast".  You got the dollar conversions round the wrong way for the 25th anniversary deals, but it still doesn't mean you save that much.  Add some ID3 tags to the mp3 file.  Give a list to everyone involved of the discussion topics and the sorts of questions that will be coming up so they can think about what they are going to say before the recording.  Putting them on the spot seems to lead to a bit of dead-air.  It felt like they knew some of it was going to come up but others came out of the blue that could have been prepared for.  Of course, you don't want to lose _all_ of the spontenaity.  Maybe people will loosen up as they get used to it (I am useless enough on the phone, not sure how well I'd do on something like this even if I could find my webcam microphone)  Do you know if you can balance the different people before or after the recording?  Some were a lot quieter than others.  Was it recorded all in one take?

Overall, the format worked well and it was far better than most first-time podcasts I've heard.  I didn't think that you could fill up the time so well.  Nice and prepared to look up stuff on the fly too.  Looking forward to the next one.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

03-07-2008 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer PodcastXander 03-07-2008

cornixt Wrote:
Finally got around to listening to it.  Might be a bit long an over an hour.

Ya, I will try to keep it under and hour in the future, that's my target.

cornixt Wrote:
Chaos Dwarf Cast: It does sound pretty odd.  "CDO Podcast" seemed okay, how about "Hashutcast".

Ya, I am not really keen on any of those, they don't sound greata rolling off the tongue.  We will have to brainstorm some more...

cornixt Wrote:
You got the dollar conversions round the wrong way for the 25th anniversary deals, but it still doesn't mean you save that much.

Heh, slip of the mind, $10 = 5 pounds. We should know this.

cornixt Wrote:
Add some ID3 tags to the mp3 file.

Not a bad idea.  The RSS feed stores some good information viewable in iPods.

cornixt Wrote:
Give a list to everyone involved of the discussion topics and the sorts of questions that will be coming up so they can think about what they are going to say before the recording.  Putting them on the spot seems to lead to a bit of dead-air.  It felt like they knew some of it was going to come up but others came out of the blue that could have been prepared for.  Of course, you don't want to lose _all_ of the spontenaity.  Maybe people will loosen up as they get used to it (I am useless enough on the phone, not sure how well I'd do on something like this even if I could find my webcam microphone)

This we did have.  We use a Google Document that we are all looking at that includes links.  We even discussed a lot of these prior to the cast.  Like I said at the start, Pyro was a bit tired/shy.  But yes, dead air was an issue.  I actually editted out some of it myself.  Confidence will come with time, I think.

cornixt Wrote:
Do you know if you can balance the different people before or after the recording?  Some were a lot quieter than others.  Was it recorded all in one take?

Pyro was a quiet guy, though I thought the rest of the voices were fairly balanced.  It was all one take through skype, all one wave file, so I can't really adjust the volumes once it is recorded, the best we can do is try to align the volumes before we begin.

cornixt Wrote:
Overall, the format worked well and it was far better than most first-time podcasts I've heard.  I didn't think that you could fill up the time so well.  Nice and prepared to look up stuff on the fly too.  Looking forward to the next one.

I have a couple episodes worth of podcasting experince, hence my taking the Lead role in moving things along.  Yes, YOU didn't think we could.  I did recall you being one of the naysayers! Tongue

I am glad you were able to enjoy it anyway. Happy

Thanks for the comments, Cornixt! Takes Hat off

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
03-07-2008 05:49 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer Podcastcornixt 03-07-2008

I'd be the first to admit I was wrong!  Although my main concern was that there wouldn't be enough material for sveral of them, I guess we'll see in 6 months, especially if any new official CD news comes in.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

03-07-2008 06:20 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer PodcastXander 03-07-2008

There will always be something to talk about. Wink

03-07-2008 07:14 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Khaosbeardling
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 9

RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer PodcastKhaosbeardling 03-07-2008

Xander Wrote:
There will always be something to talk about. Wink

I agree, and personally I liked it be over an hour, I listened to the podcast as I drove to school, and then while I was in the car before I actually go in, the subjects were all pretty good, but the best part I think was the fluff section.  Talking about fluff interests me to no end, so more of that would be fantastic IMO.  

Overall, better than I could do, but has a few chinks to work out, the volume thing as already mentioned by Cornixt, along with the "putting them on the spot kind of thing."  

I give it an 7/10 Cheers!

Praise Hashut!Respect to the Hat!
03-07-2008 09:25 PM
Vassago
Slave

Slaves: 0

RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer PodcastVassago 03-08-2008

This was a great idea, and a great podcast, by a great community. I am thinking about starting up with warhammer again, and things like this community and this podcast ensured that the race of choice in that case will most definately be chaos dwarfs!

Thanks a lot for simply being great!

If I had any slaves, all of you would have gotten some Wink

03-08-2008 10:47 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer PodcastHashut's Blessing 03-08-2008

Glad people liked it. Apologies for the volume stuff, but as Mr. Xander said, we can't edit voulmes of people. We did this in one take and it was around midnight when we started (apart from for Mr. Xander). We'll imrpove with time Wink

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

03-08-2008 06:40 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1225
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer PodcastWillmark 03-10-2008

I was suprised Pyro was so soft spoken! Wander to the Marketplace posts. His posts are anything but that! Happy

My Want List / My Trade List
03-10-2008 09:24 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 960
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer PodcastPyro Stick 03-10-2008

Willmark Wrote:
I was suprised Pyro was so soft spoken! Wander to the Marketplace posts. His posts are anything but that! Happy

Yeah im going to try work on that. I must have some kind of microphone phobia.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

03-10-2008 02:22 PM
furrie
hat lover

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer Podcastfurrie 03-11-2008

to hide there big heads ofcours Tongue

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

03-11-2008 03:10 AM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer Podcasttorn 03-24-2008

cool podcast i always enjoy my hobby podcasts just as things to listen to whilst painting.

what i suggest for future casts is maybes have 1 subject for every cast and discuss that, say discussing your own opinions, opinions on the forums, etc. a good one would be big hats vs masks/helms.

you could call it 'The CDO Show'

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
03-24-2008 11:13 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer PodcastHashut's Blessing 03-24-2008

I disagree with the idea of one talking about hats v helms v masks. That's what near enough killed the Hand of Hashut. Bad route to take.

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

03-24-2008 06:07 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer PodcastXander 03-24-2008

I don't think the topic is beyond discussion so long as every one remains civil.  But their is no point in choosing a single one as better than another.  

The structure of the show is unlikely to change wholey, but we do have background discussions for which a topic such as this may be brought up.

We are getting close to April too, which means a new cast!

The CDO Show... not bad.  Better than what have so far. Tongue What do people think of Chaos Dwarf Radio?

This post was last modified: 03-24-2008 11:10 PM by Xander.

03-24-2008 11:08 PM
asheira
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 6

RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer Podcastasheira 03-24-2008

An awsome name for the podcast might be "The Words of Hashut"

....or something like that.

All girl WoC army of Slaneesh
armies-
chaos dwarfs, woodelfs, WoC

My name may sound Girly, but i'm the toughest guy you'll ever see.
(Yes i'm a Guy)

ALL BOW DOWN BEFORE THE AWESOME MIGHT OF MY PLAYFUL KITTEN!!!
03-24-2008 11:44 PM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Cast: 1 - A Warhammer Podcasttorn 03-31-2008

im usually fairly good at naming things. i actually named my mates business and it has worked well lol.

i was thinking of it being a hats vs masks discussion in more modelling terms, and why people choose one type over another, rather than which ones are best/most legitimate etc

New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
03-31-2008 05:50 PM
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version