Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
The First Webzine- Issue #1!
Author MessageThe First Webzine- Issue #1!
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1225
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Willmark 07-02-2008

Welcome.

Cool where do you normally frequent online and where did you hear about the fanzine?

My Want List / My Trade List
07-02-2008 07:32 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uzkul Werit
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor                               
RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Uzkul Werit 07-02-2008

Saw an advert for this on the Under Empire and I was impressed. Not that I should expect anything less from you lot. I only wish every site had one. My only probelm was the amount of 'continued on page' such and such bits.

For who knows their way around a larder better than a Halfling?
Raze their cities and loot their gold, bleed them dry and burn their souls!

Yamakaze on The Ogre Stronghold

07-02-2008 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Canix 07-02-2008

Excellent work guys ,congratulations to all involved  its great when fanproduced work is so good and i am sure this will go from strength to strengthTakes Hat off

Willmark deserves the blessings of Hashut for driving the projectBig Grin

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12
07-02-2008 08:39 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Willmark 07-02-2008

Uzkul Werit Wrote:
Saw an advert for this on the Under Empire and I was impressed. Not that I should expect anything less from you lot. I only wish every site had one. My only probelm was the amount of 'continued on page' such and such bits.

Dude where the hell have you been????

07-02-2008 09:12 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uzkul Werit
Daemon Prince of Hashut

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Uzkul Werit 07-03-2008

Having a small break. Exams and junk see. But I'm back now. If you need a hand with the next issue, gimme a nod.

07-03-2008 06:54 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Willmark 07-03-2008

You must be a mind reader. I have been noting who volunteered in the old webzine thread... I'll be in contact regarding what in the not too distant future.

07-03-2008 08:08 AM
Uzkul Werit
Daemon Prince of Hashut

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Uzkul Werit 07-03-2008

I think I still have the article I wrote somewhere. Yes, I still do! Only the first half but its better than nothing.

This post was last modified: 07-03-2008 10:25 AM by Uzkul Werit.

07-03-2008 10:24 AM
Lord Archaon
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 257
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Lord Archaon 07-03-2008

Great job everybody (especially Wilmark)! Cheers!
The Webzine is outstanding!

P.S. I'm working for a very special tutorial for the next webzine. It'l be something steampowered (or should i say demonpowered).

07-03-2008 05:06 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Willmark 07-07-2008

Its that time again, what time you ask?

Time to start sending submissions for Issue #2 of the The Word of Hashut

Comments have been noted, ideas taken for consideration. Emails have already gone out to many members of the forum for inclusion in the next issue.

Start to gather your materials and get them ready for submission. The next issue's deadline for submissions is August, 28th 2008. Publish Date is Saturday, September 28th.

07-07-2008 09:41 PM
Sojourn
Bull Centaur Lord

Slaves: 0
RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Sojourn 07-07-2008

the fun never stops here at CDO! Wink

self-assigned gold stars:

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
On special orders by Sojourn, Crayola created a Sojourn-coloured crayon. No matter what you draw with it, the result will always be a picture of Sojourn in her CDO t-shirt, looking smug.

07-07-2008 10:31 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!cornixt 07-08-2008

Stick me in as a backup proof-reader for the Fall issue.  I can't promise I'll have the time until much nearer then.  I also have a couple of articles that I managed to dig up (put them in a place where I knew I'd be able to find them - then promptly forgot where that place was) so I'll send them to you soon.

Here are the errors so far (there weren't actually as many as I thought, so I gave up part way through):

p16 The Daemon’s Stump: "Itis reputted that a deamon of Khorne was imprisioned here."
should be "It is reputed that a daemon of Khorne was imprisoned here."  Someone was typing with their thumbs on that sentence!

p16 The Falls of Doom: "Chaos Darfs"

One that is not an error, but using a tinyurl (p14) is not a great idea since they might go out of business, and it is a bit scary to click on a link if you don't know exactly where it will take you from the address. You could shrink the font size of a url to get it to fit on the line, or embed the link in a word.

It might be a good idea for people to print out booklet versions to give to people at conventions and tournaments (a bit cheaper than the t-shirts)

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

07-08-2008 04:36 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Willmark 07-08-2008

cornixt Wrote:
Stick me in as a backup proof-reader for the Fall issue.  I can't promise I'll have the time until much nearer then.  I also have a couple of articles that I managed to dig up (put them in a place where I knew I'd be able to find them - then promptly forgot where that place was) so I'll send them to you soon.

Here are the errors so far (there weren't actually as many as I thought, so I gave up part way through):

p16 The Daemon’s Stump: "Itis reputted that a deamon of Khorne was imprisioned here."
should be "It is reputed that a daemon of Khorne was imprisoned here."  Someone was typing with their thumbs on that sentence!

p16 The Falls of Doom: "Chaos Darfs"

One that is not an error, but using a tinyurl (p14) is not a great idea since they might go out of business, and it is a bit scary to click on a link if you don't know exactly where it will take you from the address. You could shrink the font size of a url to get it to fit on the line, or embed the link in a word.

Thanks for the error spotting I'll fix them soon. Sojourn actually fixed everything, but I still goofed a few due to the way the first one was lain out in ID. Going forward we have a much better process for this: Everything will be proofed and corrected in outline form before I port it into InDesign.

We would love to have your stuff in Cornixt. When you find it pass it along!

07-08-2008 05:41 PM
turquois dwarf
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!turquois dwarf 07-09-2008

thanks for the second link it works for me now. finished reading it and it is easily as good as white dwarf if not better. i like the fact that the title dosent cover to much of the cover art it means i can stick it on my wall as a poster to cover the ugly textured wallpaper Sick

HappyCheers!

Lizard men: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=5607
Chaos dwarfs: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=5608
07-09-2008 01:34 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Willmark 07-13-2008

We have a MAMMOTH line-up coming up for issue #2. This thing is going to be jam packed with great stuff.

Cornixt you are on. Welcome aboard the Webzine staff!

07-13-2008 09:14 PM
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 226
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver x2                               
RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Obsidian 07-15-2008

Willmark Wrote:
We have a MAMMOTH line-up coming up for issue #2. This thing is going to be jam packed with great stuff.

Errr, Mark please let me know if I promised to do anything for issue 2. 'Cause I'd better get on it then! Shy

The Obsidian Forge
07-15-2008 12:54 PM
Sojourn
Bull Centaur Lord

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Sojourn 07-15-2008

I think we need a new thread... Webzine #2!!!

self-assigned gold stars:

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
On special orders by Sojourn, Crayola created a Sojourn-coloured crayon. No matter what you draw with it, the result will always be a picture of Sojourn in her CDO t-shirt, looking smug.

07-15-2008 12:59 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Willmark 07-15-2008

Obsidian Wrote:

Willmark Wrote:

Errr, Mark please let me know if I promised to do anything for issue 2. 'Cause I'd better get on it then! Shy

To the best of my knowledge no, but I will double check.

This post was last modified: 07-15-2008 07:38 PM by Willmark.

07-15-2008 05:20 PM
Vasquez
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!Vasquez 07-15-2008

Thumbs up! I love the way you guys devote to this CD"addiction" Happy Ant the layout is working good as well! Really nice work! Keep 'em coming Happy

Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver!
07-15-2008 05:45 PM
snyggejygge
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Chaos Star

RE: The First Webzine- Issue #1!snyggejygge 08-05-2008

Reading it now, it looks very good from what I´ve seen sofar!

You know the world has gone mad when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is black, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

08-05-2008 04:22 AM
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites