Author MessageXander & Vexxus' Mordheim Band
Vexxus
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 67
Army Showcase Golden Hat - Bronze                               
Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim BandVexxus 07-30-2008

The Mordheim Warband has been a long time in the making. Hopefully it has been worth the wait! All of these models were painted to be able to stand alone in the Mordheim band, as well as be able to be included in our Fantasy army as well. The warband base was an afterthought, while I was sitting in front of the painted warband WAITING impatiently for Xander to get home and see all the progress I had made. It has metal plates built in and painted over, for the magnets on the bottom of each figure to stick to.

The Blunderbusser, the two-handed axeman, and the bull centaur were all expertly converted by Xander, and are the product of experimenting with ideas for Chaos Dwarfs, from very early on in his army development. While they do not yet (and may indeed never) have matching units in our fantasy CD army, they could potentially be used in future units or as characters if desired. I really enjoyed painting these minis, and used the bases as a sort of in between of styles, including elements that match the Gaoler (the first model painted for the band, and also my bronze medal entry into GH6), while they also try to pay homage to the grass and rubble bases found in our fantasy army (the only difference being that the grass on the warband bases were painted to look scorched at the edges, due to close proximity to lava).

The Gaoler, and the Informer/Slave were converted and painted by me (Vex). The Gaoler was the first model painted, and I had completed the conversion and painting in under a week after the contest started, I was that enthusiastic about the idea. Being so pumped with the results, I wanted to make more, and it was at that point I decided to try and make a full (or at least starting) warband before the deadline. The Informer was actually the last addition to the warband, his weapon is converted from the two blades on either side of one of the metal chaos banner heads, and I love it, haha. The goblin is a last minute addition and is simply a touched-up repaint, just to have an extra informer available, haha.

Finally, the mage/fire sorcerer is a joint conversion. Xander converted the popular figure into his Chaos Dwarfy self, while I provided the rock/lava base complete with ceremonial candles vibrant with daemonic energies. This model was the second contribution to the warband, so my motivation was at its peak, and I was extremely happy with the end result. My vision was to make this model usable as both the warband leader, and a cool caster for the fantasy army also.

This post was last modified: 07-29-2009 05:28 PM by Vexxus.

07-30-2008 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Xander & Vexxus\' Mordheim BandKera foehunter 07-30-2008

great job love the band !! i like the mad bowler!!! lol  bowl down those candles
great lava baces guys

The last of female chaos dwarf
07-30-2008 08:00 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim BandXander 07-30-2008

Stellar work.  This will probably find a home on the main page.

Great to see some of my earliest work come to life!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
07-30-2008 09:26 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sojourn
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim BandSojourn 07-31-2008

I know those guys! =D so amazing Vex, great paint job.

my fave is definitely the sorcerer Happy

self-assigned gold stars:

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
On special orders by Sojourn, Crayola created a Sojourn-coloured crayon. No matter what you draw with it, the result will always be a picture of Sojourn in her CDO t-shirt, looking smug.

07-31-2008 12:19 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim Bandclam 07-31-2008

That's a mighty fine warband Takes Hat off Great work guys Happy

And I love you Gaoler - Vexxus. Casted my vote on him too - you know! Though I hated not being able to guess that it was yours (I guessed 12 out of 15 - not bad, but ...).

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 07-31-2008 02:00 PM by clam.

07-31-2008 05:34 AM
snyggejygge
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Chaos Star
Slaves: 0

RE: Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim Bandsnyggejygge 07-31-2008

Great looking warband!

07-31-2008 08:34 AM
Merchant
Bull Centaur Hero

Slaves: 5

RE: Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim BandMerchant 07-31-2008

Wow thats' a great warband - really cool Happy
Mates, whats' next on the paper?

Blasting Zombies since 1987!
When the traitor's hand strikes, it strikes with the strength of a legion.
07-31-2008 11:27 AM
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 226
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver x2                               
RE: Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim BandObsidian 07-31-2008

Good looking group of models there!

The Obsidian Forge
07-31-2008 02:01 PM
Knight Of Awsome
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 8

RE: Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim BandKnight Of Awsome 07-31-2008

What I want to know is how much work Xander did on this project and how much work Vexxus did. Based on the models it looks sweet but I can see your magnets that you put there... just something that I noticed...

07-31-2008 03:09 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim BandXander 07-31-2008

I converted the BC, CD w/ GW, BB, and Sorcerer model.

Vex converted the rest and painted the lot.

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
07-31-2008 05:24 PM
Vexxus
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 67
Army Showcase Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim BandVexxus 08-02-2008

After the rave reviews on the podcast, I feel compelled to add some individual shots with a special spotlight for Willmark's favorite of the warband, the Fire Sorcerer! Enjoy!

08-02-2008 01:34 AM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Xander & Vexxus\' Mordheim BandKera foehunter 08-02-2008

you guys do have the best colors .Did you cut your ear off to become this great artest Vexxus.
your stuff rocks!!!!!

The last of female chaos dwarf
08-02-2008 08:58 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim BandHashut's Blessing 08-02-2008

As you can hear on the podcast, I love this! It's all so cool. A lot of stuff I said about it isn't in the podcast (as I mentioned it before we started recording). I really like the use of the Chaos Warrior horn as a blunderbuss, I think I mentioned the blades of the Gor in the podcast, but if not they look sweet as! As others have mentioned, the fire sorcerer is cool (*blows own horn on the crewman idea unintentionally*), I particularly like the base, the orb-colouring and the fact the candles are a b*tch*ng purple. I'd not been able to see the Bull Centaur's shield properly before, but it is awesome too! Keep us updated on the progress of your warband's combats and improvements!

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

08-02-2008 09:22 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites