Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #7 - Painting Competition
Author MessageGolden Hat #7 - Painting Competition
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1224
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionWillmark 09-03-2008

Filipicusius Wrote:
@two_heads: I'd like to hear more about this "inapropriate idéa". Just curious.

Today i realised that on thursdays i have to leave home at 07.30 (AM) and won't get home until 21.00 (9.00 PM)
Time isn't on my side...

Sure it is get it done a day early.

My Want List / My Trade List
09-03-2008 03:28 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hammerhand
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 14

RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionHammerhand 09-03-2008

I have an awesome idea, but I also have a 6 week project for work as well as two presentations running concurrently. I don't think I'll have time to do it justice! (especially when AoBR arrives on my doorstep this weekUnsure)

It's been a long time baby, but I guess the mark of Hashut just burns too deep.......
09-03-2008 04:51 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionHashut's Blessing 09-03-2008

Ishkur, it means a minimum of 2 models and a maximum of 6 models. This is to be within a cube with sides of 15cm each. The models needn't be enemies as it could be a trade occurring between, say, Chaos dwarfs and Archaon or something.

Annoyingly, it wasn't all that long ago that I made a cool diorama (poorly painted though) without a CD in it Big Grin Still, it simply means I get another chance Big Grin Now, if only my current idea can be applied... Also, what else to include... *wanders off thinking*

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

09-03-2008 05:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 226
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionObsidian 09-03-2008

I'm going with Clam and Pyro here and pass.

I'm probably going to the Polish GD and need the time for that. Good luck to all who enter!Cheers!:

The Obsidian Forge
09-03-2008 05:46 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionWillmark 09-03-2008

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:
"Maximum 2-6 models" actually means "minimum 2 models, max. 6" right? ^^ And the models have to be enemies, the topic being a duel and all? I just want to make sure I get the idea right.

Wouldn't be much of a duel with only one model... Wink

as far as being enemies, who says, could see anyone squaring off against CDs.

09-03-2008 06:07 PM
al-hashut
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 8
Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting Competitional-hashut 09-03-2008

3 way mexican stand-off, that's where the money's at

09-03-2008 06:30 PM
Vexxus
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 67
Army Showcase Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionVexxus 09-03-2008

Pass.

Tongue

Sounds like an Artisan's to me *snicker*

09-03-2008 07:17 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionKera foehunter 09-03-2008

2 men enter one man leves!!! the mob start yelling!!!!!!!

The last of female chaos dwarf
09-03-2008 07:41 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 499
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionXander 09-04-2008

If people are wary of making a "diorama" I encourage you to simply paint two models on regular bases and fit them into a small themed base. Happy

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
09-04-2008 08:20 AM
two_heads_talking
Lammasu

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 0

RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting Competitiontwo_heads_talking 09-04-2008

Filipicusius Wrote:
@two_heads: I'd like to hear more about this "inapropriate idéa". Just curious.

Today i realised that on thursdays i have to leave home at 07.30 (AM) and won't get home until 21.00 (9.00 PM)
Time isn't on my side...

my idea originally had to to with a bullcentaur and a slave.. one enjoying the other's company and the other, not so much.. an alter was involved, chains and all that good stuff.

09-04-2008 08:40 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionWillmark 09-04-2008

Thanks for refraining then.

Let's try to keep it PG-13.

Believe or not we do have a few young/youngish members on the site....

*takes off Dad hat*

09-04-2008 10:09 AM
two_heads_talking
Lammasu

Market Rep: 2

RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting Competitiontwo_heads_talking 09-04-2008

Willmark Wrote:
Thanks for refraining then.

Let's try to keep it PG-13.

Believe or not we do have a few young/youngish members on the site....

*takes off Dad hat*

My dad hat was on and that's why the original duel won't be seen. I assumed we had more than a few young members, so, I censored myself.  No need to thank me or chastise me.. lolCheers!

09-04-2008 11:15 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionGrimstonefire 09-04-2008

Just to second what Xander said, this is a 'duel', but people shouldn't be put off entering because they think the idea is vastly different to the single mini Golden Hats we've done in the past...

At the most basic level you just paint a CD and include any other WH model you fancy.  You could even paint another CD and have them training!  As long as they fit within the size/ model restrictions the limit is your imagination.

If you don't fancy gluing models down to a larger base because you want them based on 20mm bases later, just drill some holes and glue wires in.  Then you just drill the holes in the larger base and sit the models in the photos (no glue).  Easy.

The free Ork with the most recent WD would make a good Orc Boss...

Just to clarify a point (as Ghrask Dragh asked by pm), the bit on flying models in the size limit basically means that as they are flying there is a chance they may be outside of the 15cm x 15cm x 15cm size limit.  But to allow people to include flying models if they wanted we decided that they are allowed to go beyond the size restriction.

So you can include flying models, but they are the ONLY exception for things allowed outside of the size limit.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 09-04-2008 02:20 PM by Grimstonefire.

09-04-2008 02:11 PM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 854

RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionGhrask Dragh 09-04-2008

Big Grin Thanks Takes Hat off

This might actually be my first Golden Hat entry, might be Wink

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
09-04-2008 04:11 PM
WarplockMonkey
Bull Centaur Hero

Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionWarplockMonkey 09-09-2008

Gahhhhh, so many ideas....which one to choose!

Hey, if anyone is in need of any ideas, PM me, i have too many to make myself!

- Warplock

"I dont have TIME fo' pain, the only pain I'VE got time fo' is the pain I put on foos who dont know what time it is" - Terrible Terry Tate

Got an idea for that model you've always wanted to make, but couldn't find the means to convert it? Seen that bit of artwork and thought 'That would be an awesome model'? Give Warplock a PM, any sculpting/converting request considered Wink

Sojourn Wrote:
Anything Warplock says, instantly becomes fact.

09-09-2008 04:33 PM
Snotling
Bull Centaur Hero

Slaves: 26
Army Showcase Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionSnotling 09-11-2008

hm, diorama? i think this GH will be without me again, i don't like dioramas Happy
i like the GH, because you can enter with the minis of your army. if it is about creating a sorcerer, you add a new sorcerer to your army, if it's about slave, make a new slave unit, so the the army grows with every GH. for a diorama i would have to stop my army project, even if i just build a scenic base to glue some minis on Happy
i thought, the idea behind the first GHs was, to make something "new" to inspire the community how to convert and evolve the new Chaosdwarfs. so why a diorama, why no Bull Centaures or Warmaschines? even terrain would be more inspiring...
but hey, i don't want to complain, it's just my humble opinion. love the GH and will watch this one with great interesst, like allways...
good luck Takes Hat off

09-11-2008 07:55 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1334
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting Competitioncornixt 09-11-2008

You could just make a warmachine and put two models on the base fighting

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

09-11-2008 08:28 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 959
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionPyro Stick 09-11-2008

Snotling Wrote:
hm, diorama? i think this GH will be without me again, i don't like dioramas Happy
i like the GH, because you can enter with the minis of your army. if it is about creating a sorcerer, you add a new sorcerer to your army, if it's about slave, make a new slave unit, so the the army grows with every GH. for a diorama i would have to stop my army project, even if i just build a scenic base to glue some minis on Happy
i thought, the idea behind the first GHs was, to make something "new" to inspire the community how to convert and evolve the new Chaosdwarfs. so why a diorama, why no Bull Centaures or Warmaschines? even terrain would be more inspiring...
but hey, i don't want to complain, it's just my humble opinion. love the GH and will watch this one with great interesst, like allways...
good luck Takes Hat off

I totally agree. Thats why i always suggest a unit or a rank of something or a warmachine so i was quite dissapointed by the diorama decision when there was a thread asking everyone what they wanted for the next GH and the results were a war machine or bull centaurs. Im not really complaining either as im painting 40k instead of fantasy at the moment and i think that this gh will have a lot of cool entries, just probably not as many as the previous ones.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

09-11-2008 08:35 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 499
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionXander 09-11-2008

It seems that many people cannot see the forest for the trees!  I must say I am disappointed that people cannot get beyond the "diorama" aspect of this competition.  I thought both Grim and I explained how easy it was to enter the competition using miniatures that you WILL use in your army.

I am not sure how else to explain how to make a duel without repeating myself, but it frankly seems necessary.

Let me give an example of a possible entry I could make:

Xander's Mind Wrote:
Hrm... I really need a metal sorcerer for my army, it would be nice if the Golden Hat could motivate me to do this!

A duel?! Cool, I can create my metal sorcerer for my army and put him on a normal slotta base, and then place him on a small scenic base where he can be attacking some other foe!  I'll just slot him in the scenic base like I would a warmachine crewman onto a base holding a warmachine, and I can still remove him when I need to use him in my army.  

Yay!

Hopefully this doesn't sound condescending or anything!  Perhaps people are reading the first post of this thread and nothing else... in which case I will update the first page with the above!

Happy

Now let's see an entry SNOTLING AND PYRO! We'll have no more of your mamby-pamby excuses! Wink

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter

This post was last modified: 09-11-2008 10:35 AM by Xander.

09-11-2008 10:12 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat #7- Painting CompetitionWillmark 09-11-2008

Snotling is out? Cool! Now us meer mortals stand a chance! Wink Now if I can just arrange an "accident" to keep Ishkur out... Mmmmmmwwwwwwwwaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaa!

Seriously guys, think about it for a minute. WD has featured things like this plenty of times with minis that can be removed from the scenic base.

This post was last modified: 09-11-2008 10:52 AM by Willmark.

09-11-2008 10:48 AM
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat #8 - Painting Competition Grimstonefire 244 127,339 03-01-2009 05:33 PM
Last Post: clam
  Golden Hat #6 - Painting Competition Willmark 184 94,599 07-04-2008 09:09 PM
Last Post: Hashut's Blessing
  Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition! Grimstonefire 164 94,264 04-02-2008 12:30 PM
Last Post: Grimstonefire
Exclamation Golden Hat #3 - Painting Competition! The Flying Beaver 86 43,285 10-01-2007 09:54 AM
Last Post: Canix
  One Week Left for the Painting Competition! Xander 15 8,770 09-27-2007 07:32 AM
Last Post: Xander

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites