Pages (122): « First < Previous 118 119 120 121 [122] Last »
5 Votes - 5 Average   tjub's blog
Author Messagetjub's blog
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1362
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: tjub's blogtjub 08-06-2018

@boyfights: Hah, almost seems that way...Tongue

The Tjublings are from a place very similar to the Darklands, lets call it Ashlands from now on. Wink Most places I dropped are from the Ashlands, might even be a map in the future. Alot of the iconic places will be similar and some will be places that I consider will fit well in the setting of Ashlands but are not in the Darklands. You get the idea.

Anyway, Im not aware that there are anything similar to the Plateau of Madness in the Darklands. There is a place called the Demon Stump but I dont remember exactly what it is. As for the Plateau of Madness it will be explored a bit in the future, but for now its a inaccessible part of the Ashlands where few have set their foot.

Who know what happens, Im sure the weaker minds will go insane or simply drawn into the gaze losing track of time and space untill the slowly starve and wither away? As of the Watchers true purpose Im not sure, they have been there since aincient time. Nor do I know the reason why or who made the chains...

08-06-2018 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uther the unhinged
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 181

RE: tjub's blogUther the unhinged 08-06-2018

No work for me this week just chauffering kids. Guess thats why I have been thinking about this waaaay too much. I see tjublings on the lonely island continent of Hobbehmania, far out near the rim of Aqshy, surrounded by storm ravaged acidic oceans. The realm gate that once linked Hobbehmania to the great parch mow lying ruined by some ancient catastrophe. Isolated from the inner lands, forgotten by the ruinous powers and stormcast alike, washed by winds of magic the inhabitants of the continent have been affected by extreme island dwarfism. The great chaos dwarf empire of the Ashlands once stood on the brink of continent wide domination but was racked by a terrible internal strife. For centuries two factions vied for dominance in a bitter civil war divided by belief, the big-enders holding that Hashut was only pleased by big hats that expanded towards the top and the ‘heretical’ little enders who held that only tapering hats could please the Father of Darkness. Finally exhausted by war the two factions were forcibly united by the great sorceror prophet Tjub, feared be his name.
Now the Tjublings march forth once more. The fire of Hashut in their eyes.
Let the hatless mark their passing and tremble.

I think I need to get out more

08-06-2018 12:31 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 697
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: tjub's blogAdmiral 08-06-2018

Hahaha! Liliputian island dwarfism and hat shape sectarian civil strife! Tjublings to count as Nurglings in a 28mm army. This is ingenious and crazy in equal measure.

Thanks a lot for sharing these ideas, Uther. Takes Hat off

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Deadline 4th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
08-06-2018 12:43 PM
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 46

RE: tjub's blogboyfights 08-06-2018

tjub Wrote:
The Tjublings are from a place very similar to the Darklands, lets call it Ashlands from now on. Wink Most places I dropped are from the Ashlands, might even be a map in the future. Alot of the iconic places will be similar and some will be places that I consider will fit well in the setting of Ashlands but are not in the Darklands. You get the idea.

Anyway, Im not aware that there are anything similar to the Plateau of Madness in the Darklands. There is a place called the Demon Stump but I dont remember exactly what it is. As for the Plateau of Madness it will be explored a bit in the future, but for now its a inaccessible part of the Ashlands where few have set their foot.

Who know what happens, Im sure the weaker minds will go insane or simply drawn into the gaze losing track of time and space untill the slowly starve and wither away? As of the Watchers true purpose Im not sure, they have been there since aincient time. Nor do I know the reason why or who made the chains...

The Ashlands sound very interesting and I look forward to hearing more about them! I suspect my warbands will find a portal at some point.. seems like a good excuse to buy more Tjublings and try a different colour scheme.. Wink

Your description of the eyes is similar to what I had in mind which makes me happy, I've got some half-buried skeleton treasure tokens that should work nicely with them. As tempted as I am to expand on what you've hinted at, I'd be getting way ahead of myself in terms of my own campaign so I might just wait and see Happy Very exciting stuff though, thanks for sharing!

@Uther I love the idea of a Tjubling civil war and will likely be inspired by your wonderful post so thank you too Big Grin

This post was last modified: 08-06-2018 01:27 PM by boyfights.

08-06-2018 01:23 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: tjub's blogtjub 08-08-2018

More 15mm Flora & Fauna of the Ashlands.

Bonestingers (Skallus-ztikhas) - A common critter on the Bonefields. They hunt in packs of three or more individuals. Hiding in ambush among the skeleton remains attacking simualtaniously, leaving their prey nowhere to run.
The Bonestingers deadly poison is known to be one of the prefered poisons used by hobgoblin assassins to coat their daggers.
Bonestingers are also the primary source of food for the Bak-kak-kus which use their beaks to crack open the hard ”skullshell”. The Bak-kak-kus also seem to be more or less immune to the Bonestingers poison.

08-08-2018 03:12 AM
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: tjub's blogboyfights 08-08-2018

Fantastic! I'm planning to make a board/terrain for the Field of Bones and these will go along perfectly Happy

Something about the black eyes makes these guys look cuter than they probably should, especially the one with his claw up like he's waving hello Big Grin I'm sure they'll be appropriately menacing with some paint though, the toothless skull shape is pretty unsettling. Very nice work!

08-08-2018 05:18 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: tjub's blogtjub 08-09-2018

Hehe, ask your partner and you might get to keep one as a pet! Wink

Btw, planning to do another hat sprue for some future release. But wondering if there would be any interest in any of the following as well: a weapon sprue, shield/icon sprue, fire plate(?) sprue etc. Either as basing, for terrain or conversions.

Also feel free to name any wishes you might have for 15mm bit sprues.

This post was last modified: 08-09-2018 02:05 PM by Admiral.

08-09-2018 11:51 AM
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: tjub's blogboyfights 08-09-2018

A pet one sounds great; might help me with my pet cat problem Tongue

With this many spare hats I might have to plan for a entire warband of Hashut-worshipping ogres Happy Weapons and shields both sound very handy. I had to google what a fire plate was and I'm still not sure, but if it's like camping equipment then that sounds great too! Any sort of baggage/storage/supplies stuff would be great really, the Baueda stuff is very nice but pretty prohibitively expensive to ship over here Sad

08-09-2018 05:18 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: tjub's blogtjub 08-10-2018

boyfights Wrote:
A pet one sounds great; might help me with my pet cat problem Tongue

With this many spare hats I might have to plan for a entire warband of Hashut-worshipping ogres Happy Weapons and shields both sound very handy. I had to google what a fire plate was and I'm still not sure, but if it's like camping equipment then that sounds great too! Any sort of baggage/storage/supplies stuff would be great really, the Baueda stuff is very nice but pretty prohibitively expensive to ship over here Sad

Haha, that was me not knowing the proper English term so I went with "Swenglish". Cheers! Like these(pic), to be placed on terrain/conversions etc. Much like versions of what the "Fireguards" have on their hats.
Might try a sprue with different stuff, some shields/icons a weapon or two etc, and see how it goes. The problem right now is too many ideas... Takes Hat off

This post was last modified: 08-10-2018 12:19 AM by tjub.

08-10-2018 12:19 AM
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: tjub's blogboyfights 08-10-2018

Ohh I get you now, I think the proper term is "brazier", I got a bunch of cooking-related results when I googled "fire plate" and my brain went in that direction Happy Those would be useful too!

I feel you on the too many ideas problem! I barely have time to work on the models I already own but I can't stop buying bits, making my test ogres so early might have been a mistake Big Grin

08-10-2018 05:14 AM
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: tjub's blogboyfights 08-12-2018

I had another thought for a potential sprue today; how about bones/skulls/skeletons, maybe even some dwarf or greenskin ones in particular? I can think of quite a few uses for something like that!

edit: I'm picturing skeletons like, dead, flat-ish on the ground like your dead tjubling, not full on animated skeletons, although those would be useful too Happy

This post was last modified: 08-12-2018 09:38 AM by boyfights.

08-12-2018 09:34 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: tjub's blogtjub 08-12-2018

boyfights Wrote:
I had another thought for a potential sprue today; how about bones/skulls/skeletons, maybe even some dwarf or greenskin ones in particular? I can think of quite a few uses for something like that!

edit: I'm picturing skeletons like, dead, flat-ish on the ground like your dead tjubling, not full on animated skeletons, although those would be useful too Happy

Jupp, we'll have to see what the future brings! at the moment Im eager to get the Bull Centaur characters to finish a unit of Bull Centaurs and the Bull Centaur warmachines. Oh, and of course to get some paint on a few miniatures as well. Ive been putting that of for far to long now...

08-12-2018 11:04 AM
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: tjub's blogboyfights 08-12-2018

tjub Wrote:
Jupp, we'll have to see what the future brings! at the moment Im eager to get the Bull Centaur characters to finish a unit of Bull Centaurs and the Bull Centaur warmachines. Oh, and of course to get some paint on a few miniatures as well. Ive been putting that of for far to long now...

Bull Centaurs and warmachines are important anyway, I'm eager to see them as well! Hope you're finding time to eat and sleep in between all this sculpting, I don't know how you do it Shock

08-12-2018 11:47 AM
Duncan
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 38

RE: tjub's blogDuncan 08-17-2018

Yes, a spru of interesting gubbins or twenty would be good for conversions. Maybe you could supply a basic Tjubling, like the one in the HQ pack (but with a variety of hats.) and then a weapon spru  with different weapons and hands similar to his axe, that they could be equipped with.

Don't  forget the crossbow dwarfs but obviously they would need quiver as well for the bolts.

Also a Tjubling with two hand weapon options rather than a shield. That way he could have a big two handed weapon or two smaller ones.

08-17-2018 09:03 AM
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: tjub's blogboyfights 08-17-2018

I have to say I do like the idea of a "build-your-own" tjubling kit Happy It would definitely be handy for conversions!

Two-handed weapon tjublings would be cool to see too! They'll need them against my ogres Hashut!

08-17-2018 10:35 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: tjub's blogtjub 08-18-2018

@boyfights: These "hammerers", which are available, were intended to be used as two handed weapons, at least in my army. With the "fireguard" as an elite option. Happy

@Duncan: Jupp, X-bows are in the plans as well as Grenadiers and Spearmen. But I doubt before Christmas. Need to finish a unit of Bull Centaurs and some more warmachines first. For every sculpt finished there are two new ideas. Tongue Wink

08-18-2018 02:18 AM
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: tjub's blogboyfights 08-18-2018

Ahh that makes sense! I actually don't have the regular hammerers or fireguard axes yet, and just assumed that all the fireguard had bigger weapons Happy Good to know! I'll be grabbing some of those as well when the next batch are ready, and hopefully by the batch after that I'll be ready to start filling my units out Hashut!

08-18-2018 05:53 AM
Duncan
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 38

RE: tjub's blogDuncan 08-18-2018

Does that mean that regular hammer and axe dwarfs can aspire to promotion to the Fire Guard units, but the poor old blunderbus ones are stuck as cannon fodder in the main bulk of the infantry?😭 Sad blunderbusers!

08-18-2018 10:47 AM
Pages (122): « First < Previous 118 119 120 121 [122] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Blood Bowl ala tjub tjub 39 34,456 12-29-2011 02:27 AM
Last Post: vulcanologist

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites