Author Messagetjub's blog
Uther the unhinged
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 444
Best Overall Member - 2018                               
RE: tjub's blogUther the unhinged 04-15-2019

He is sooo cute! Mind you what did that horn come from?

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110
04-15-2019 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 65

RE: tjub's blogboyfights 04-15-2019

Haha fantastic, the pose is perfect Happy That will make a great objective piece!

04-15-2019 06:16 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1478
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: tjub's blogtjub 04-16-2019

Thanks all! Happy

@Uther the unhinged: Hmm, legendary mystical creatures who roamed the steppe a long time ago? ....or did I ever tell you the ancient tales of Tjubla-Khans thundering War Mammoths who trampled cities and foe alike? Cheers!

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

This post was last modified: 04-16-2019 12:25 AM by tjub.

04-16-2019 12:24 AM
Uther the unhinged
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: tjub's blogUther the unhinged 04-16-2019

Tjub. War Mammoths for Tjubgobs? Now stop! You’re getting me all excited.

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110
04-16-2019 02:41 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 396
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: tjub's blogAdmiral 04-16-2019

Great horn! Lovely stuff.

Now we want a Tjubgob War Mammoth in the long run by the sounds of it. Big Grin

Perhaps a ranged Mammoth, with a catapult or ballista or some other artillery weapon on top of it? T9A added one to their Makhar Confederacy (steppe human riders, complete with a giant with big bow). Or perhaps just lots of Tjubgobs with composite bows? And a flashy throne for da Khan?

News on CDO: Scribe's Contest XII - Deadline 26th of April  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
04-16-2019 02:52 AM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 15

RE: tjub's blogJasko 04-16-2019

+1 for Tjubgob War Mammoths! I want them. I need them.

Chaos Dwarf Showcase: Legion of Jaskorh

Offtopic Showcase: Night Goblin Auxiliaries

Hobby Blog: ijasko @ Wordpress
04-16-2019 05:00 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 581
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: tjub's blogJackswift 04-16-2019

Some really good stuff since last I looked.  Love the firecracker styling of the storm dancer cannon.  What a cool ideas and the execution is perfect.  The thunderhorn blower likewise has that characterful touch that makes these so very cool... must... Resist... Another... Army...

Do you pre-sketch or just go straight to sculpt?

04-16-2019 09:53 AM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Jackswift Wrote:
Do you pre-sketch or just go straight to sculpt?

Ufff, please tell me you pre-sketch Shock

04-16-2019 10:39 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 581
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: tjub's blogJackswift 04-16-2019

+1 more for the War Mammoth.Shock

04-16-2019 10:44 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               

Thanks a lot! Takes Hat off

Hmm, jupp. I guess there needs to be a War Mammoth of some sort. Happy
Usually I draw a crude concept sketch, sometimes of a pose or an idea on various bits of paper when I have downtime at work etc. But its mostly more to remember my thoughts than something I try to replicate in a sculpt. Ive got loads and loads of ideas scribbled for the future koncepts, some will hopefully see realisation in models. I could upload some sketches of stuff that's been done if that would be interesting? But cant really draw. Tongue

04-16-2019 03:40 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

For example here are some concepts of the Tjubling Doom Hammer and Black Hammer class rockets as well as the Storm Dancer cannon. Which originally had a kind of gun shield that got dropped, preferred the more nimble look of the model without it. Given the nomadic nature of the Tjubgobs etc. I must have at least 50+ of these. Tongue

04-16-2019 03:59 PM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

tjub Wrote:
For example here are some concepts of the Tjubling Doom Hammer and Black Hammer class rockets as well as the Storm Dancer cannon. Which originally had a kind of gun shield that got dropped, preferred the more nimble look of the model without it. Given the nomadic nature of the Tjubgobs etc. I must have at least 50+ of these. Tongue

Really nice, of course that is interesting! I agree, I think the nimble look fits better. But I can't really make out the War Mammoth in those sketches Tongue Wink

04-16-2019 04:14 PM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 251
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: tjub's blogBABIS 04-17-2019

tjub Wrote:
Did a simple basing tutorial for the Tjublings. Useful for smaller scales with models tightly based on unit bases etc.

1. Use dreml to drill and glue a supermagnet into the 2mm MDF base. Useful for easy storage on a metal/magnet sheet.
  2. Glue model to the base and paint the border black.
  3. Coat the base with PVA/Wood glue.
  4. Flock with Woodland Senics Blended Turf, Green Blend T9
  5. Once dry remove excess flock and soak the flock in watered down PVA/Wood Glue (3/1 or like milk)
  6. Flock again with WS Blended Turf, Green Blend T9
  7. When dry remove excess flock and superglue clumps of WS Foliage Clusters. Light Green FC57 and Medium Green FC58.

nice! isn't a single layer of flock enough?

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

04-17-2019 11:09 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: tjub's blogtjub 04-17-2019

BABIS Wrote:
nice! isn't a single layer of flock enough?

A matter of taste I guess, I flock everything twice. Big and small 6-32mm, so not only 15mm KoW. Ive found that after a few games you loose some flock if you now do it once and the base shines through. If you do it twice the flock locks in by the second layer.

...and also when doing multi basing for 15mm, its easy to miss a base tab or some small spot. The second layer will take care of that as well. So not necessary but recommended for better appearance. Happy

Btw, Babis dont think I ever saw your Tjublings with paint on? Wink

This post was last modified: 04-17-2019 11:58 PM by tjub.

04-17-2019 11:57 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: tjub's blogtjub Yesterday

Tjuba-Jaga - Tjubgob Witch, Shamaness and Mother of Gobimps. She is always surrounded by a mass of green mites, which no one knows whence they come. These mischievous, tiny creatures are known by many names: Gobsnots, Tjubsnots, Gobimps - not to mention more curse-laden and obscenity-loaded honorary titles. Some of the Tjubsnots become food for Wargs and lice-ridden camp hounds, while others find their days ended in Tjuba-Jaga’s cooking cauldron, and yet their numbers are without end. There always seem to be new mites around, and they all seem to willingly risk life and limb for her. Gobsnots have been known to voluntarily act as doorstops with their own hands (while visiting house-building Tjublings or other civilized peoples - the Tjubgobs’ own “doors” are mere tent flaps), and many witnesses will attest to having seen her faithful mites throw themselves in front of her to shield Tjuba-Jaga from danger. Such unthinkingly suicidal fondness is virtually without compare.

Legends among the Tjubgob tribes on the steppes tell of weird happenings. They claim that Tjuba-Jaga, during the most stormy of nights, jump down into her cauldron to be carried away by the winds to the Storm Demon himself, whereupon this couple lose themselves in each others’ lusts. And it is from this otherworldly union that the Gobimps spring forth; for according to camp tales, these mites are her own children, fathered by the thundering Storm Demon, and they are as childishly bewitched by her as their sire is in red-blooded fleshly thrall with Tjuba-Jaga’s charms during copulation in the stormy heavens. Indeed, many Tjubgobs have come to believe that the Storm Demon thunder forth more frequently these days than he usually is wont to do, in order to meet his lover more often, and Tjubgobs even go so far as to claim that some lightning bolts are in fact the wild scratching of Tjuba-Jaga’s nails upon her divine lover’s back. And so the roiling dark clouds and the roll of thunder masks the proverbial waves in the couple’s blanket.
Whatever the truth of the matter, Tjuba-Jaga is the most renowned Tjubgob Shamaness alive in our present day, and she commands instant respect and fear in all Tjubgobs who meet her. The Witch’s reputation precedes her, and no Tjubgob man dares to touch her, for they have all heard of Skarztuk the Bold who once pulled up her skirt and tried to overpower Tjuba-Jaga for beastly intercourse upon a hillock, only to have his mortal form utterly incinerated by a titanic hail of striking lightning bolts, which in moments reduced his flesh and bones to blowing ash and cinders between her opened legs, with no harm done to the raging Storm Demon’s earthly lover. And to this day, the Rideress of Cauldron and the Mother of Tjubsnots wield her powers with an aura of dread, walking among the tribes as the embodiment of the lustful and devouring cycle of life hijacked by higher powers, stirring her cooking pot and brewing fearful stews and elixirs with her own children as ingredients.

Her powers of divination in intestines and cloud patterns is unmatched on the harsh steppes, and her curse is widely feared. For it is said, and believed, that whomsoever she would hex, will find woes and misfortune without end, so that it is better to die soon and quickly, than to perish by Tjuba-Jaga’s evil magics. Many Tjubgobs secretly seek her out, and offer up valuable presents, food and trinkets in exchange for her services. Some male specimens wish to enchant fine female Tjubgobs to fall in love with them, and them only; while others wish to confuse or hide in plain sight their errors or rigged traps. Most clients of the Shamaness, however, bring thin lead plates, which she then scratch figures and curse-runes into, all the while spitting and hissing her gibberish swearwords and archaic spells formulations. For what most Tjubgobs desire in their heart of hearts, is to bring down their rivals and enemies. And so the underhanded ways of Tjubgob plotting does not end at mundane tricks and daggers, but will be carried into the realms of higher powers, which only Shamen and Witches ken... (Lore by Mathias)

(15mm DemonWorld human and Tjubling for scale.)

Yesterday 11:13 AM
Uther the unhinged
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: tjub's blogUther the unhinged Yesterday

Awesome lore. Go to love the romance (Tjubgob style). Awesome figures too. Totally fantastic.

Yesterday 12:19 PM
Pages (132): « First < Previous 128 129 130 131 [132] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Blood Bowl ala tjub tjub 39 36,421 12-29-2011 02:27 AM
Last Post: vulcanologist
  Tjub! I have a hostage! Golder Goldeater 27 8,602 11-04-2010 05:24 AM
Last Post: Loki

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend