Author MessageGolden Hat #9
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXTarrakk Blackhand 05-07-2009

I have made my Bull Centaur Battle Standard Bearer @ 3 weeks ago, but haven't painted him. (Remeber my You Tube video?)

I'm not sure why there's a June deadline, but hopefully I can get a digital camera by then and get some good photo's off. At least there's that opportunity!

I might also start another Bull Centaur, but I hate the idea of customizing my last 2 Grudge Ponies as I was going to keep them for a Dwarf Mine I was going to build for some instore gamming. I also guess I'm going to have to write off my last (for sale) box of Dwarf Warriors. Oh well....I think I'm the only guy playing them anyway!Big Grin

@ Clam....I think the best way to answer your contest question is in Danish : Jeg Vill De Ikke! Big Grin

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
05-07-2009 12:17 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXGrimstonefire 05-07-2009

clam Wrote:
Do this "something completly new" means that I can do something thats not a Bull-body/dwarf torso creature - like boar centaurs, spider centaures ect. - or could I even do some kind of cavalry looking figure - like a dwarf riding a cool monster? as long as I keep it on a 50x25mm base?

The actual theme is a 'bull centaur'.  So a spider centaur does not really fit into that theme as well as something on 4 legs.  A boar is a little more open to interpretation, as some people may feel a lot more comfortable using that as a base for their entry.  I wouldn't want to stop these people from entering if they consider it to be a bull centaur.

A CD mounted on something is not a centaur.  Unless he happens to have no legs, and his mount has no head ... Wink

The 'completely new' part of that was intended to allow people to create a robotic/ daemonic bull centaur etc if they wanted to without feeling that they would not be allowed to enter it.  Some people may do upper bodies with an actual bull head etc.  The main thing I wanted to achieve with this theme is to open it up so people did not feel they HAD to stick to the 'traditional' image we all associate with the Bull Centaurs.

So stick to the 'bull centaur' theme; something involving bulls and preferably on bull like legs.

You could do a spider themed bull centaur simply by doing 4 mechanical legs that ended in spikes.

I have seen a BC lord in the past that was the size of a giant!  Although I increased the base size to allow for scenic bases, I think people should bear in mind that an entry this big may not score as highly as others.

If anyone was looking for inspiration, I just had an idea (not the one I will be using).  What about a Bull Centaur Sorcerer!  It would be considered a themed lord/ hero or a special character.  If you did him rearing up you might even be able to get away with 20mm x 20mm base and treat him as a regular sorcerer to be ranked up.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 05-07-2009 01:03 PM by Grimstonefire.

05-07-2009 12:53 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXTarrakk Blackhand 05-07-2009

Hmmm...a reversed Bull Centaur....makes me think of that Red Dwarf episode where The Cat was telling Rimmer that he wanted to meet a Mermaid that had the fish head on top and woman's legs on the bottom because the girl on top, fish body was boring!

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
05-07-2009 01:00 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXKera foehunter 05-07-2009

so a cow centaur would be out ????

The last of female chaos dwarf
05-07-2009 01:40 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat IXIshkur Cinderhat 05-07-2009

Aw this is a tough one.
Hmm... it would give me a chance to try a new take on my bull centaur design, though! ^^

Willmark Wrote:
For this one (and maybe more), your entry can be based based on a circular display base if you prefer (up to 50mm), a cavalry base, or maybe even a 20mm x 40mm base (Wink).  

What kind of a base is 20x40mm? Shock

05-07-2009 01:40 PM
apocalypstia
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 5

RE: Golden Hat IXapocalypstia 05-07-2009

Kera foehunter Wrote:
so a cow centaur would be out ????

Well there are more ways than one to make a bull centaur... not just deity interventions.... lol.. a nice cow centaur could be so cute...

woot!!! I was a little apprehensive about entering the artisans comp, but this one shouldnt be an issue, so my first golden hat aspirations.. definately gives me reason to start crack'in on the ole'bull centaur idea.

looking forward to the fun.

05-07-2009 01:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXThommy H 05-07-2009

It's one that's about 20mm by 40mm. GW don't make one like that of course, but if one were to theoretically come into existence somehow I guess it would be okay.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

05-07-2009 01:45 PM
Sojourn
Bull Centaur Lord

Slaves: 0
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat IXSojourn 05-07-2009

what about... a bull centaur UNICORN!? eh? eh? Wink

I doubt I'll enter, CMA in full gear, but I KNOW I'll vote Wink super excited guys.

self-assigned gold stars:

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
On special orders by Sojourn, Crayola created a Sojourn-coloured crayon. No matter what you draw with it, the result will always be a picture of Sojourn in her CDO t-shirt, looking smug.

05-07-2009 01:54 PM
Kera foehunter

Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXKera foehunter 05-07-2009

Come on sojourn!!!! now that would of been the winner!!!

05-07-2009 02:01 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat IXHashut's Blessing 05-08-2009

A cow centaur is simply a female bull centaur and so I think we'll allow it Wink Mind you, we all know that if at least one comes up, one of them will be Kera's Big Grin

Sojourn, if you're BC's have single horns, that's fine Big Grin

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

05-08-2009 02:02 PM
Kera foehunter

RE: Golden Hat IXKera foehunter 05-08-2009

well if everyone knows it mine !! i have a good chance of beating ishkur !!!!!

05-08-2009 02:30 PM
TwilightCo
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 0
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat IXTwilightCo 05-08-2009

Eh, why not. They are the only troop type I DON'T have in my army... which I should take pictures of. Rats, I still have tones of them to draw too.  Sad

05-08-2009 02:53 PM
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 158
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXGRNDL 05-08-2009

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
A cow centaur is simply a female bull centaur and so I think we'll allow it Wink Mind you, we all know that if at least one comes up, one of them will be Kera's Big Grin

From what I know, Bull centaurs have a lot of tackle that cow centaurs would be missing, and cow centaurs have a lot of features thankfully missing in bulls, soooo....

If these were Bovine-centaurs, I would agree, but the competition is for BULL centaurs and if species are regulated by this motion, then so should gender... And if gender is not an issue, then we should allow cross-species centaurization as well....

After all, its not like this is an extension of GW Canon for Chaos Dwarves anyway; the last GH and the recent Artisan's Contest was anything but...

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

This post was last modified: 05-08-2009 02:57 PM by GRNDL.

05-08-2009 02:56 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat IXHashut's Blessing 05-08-2009

Bull-centaur IS the species, a cow-centaur is, presumably, a female of it, otherwise it's a slang term for one. That's my reading of it, anyhow. The staff shall discuss and decide.

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

05-08-2009 03:00 PM
Kera foehunter

RE: Golden Hat IXKera foehunter 05-08-2009

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the contest will be over before the staff could decide this !!
i do a bull its ok!!

05-08-2009 03:44 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXGrimstonefire 05-08-2009

'Bull centaur' is like having 'beastmen'.  There is no mention of the female of the species.  I agree a Bull is not a Cow, but I doubt we would make this a seriously unbalanced competition to allow it.  Just remember to include udders. Wink

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 05-08-2009 05:21 PM by Grimstonefire.

05-08-2009 05:20 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

RE: Golden Hat IXHashut's Blessing 05-12-2009

Thanks GSF, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't assuming the opinion of the other staff members, but we're agreed now it seems.

Bull Centaur is the race for the purposes of this competition, not the gender.

WarplockMonkey Wrote:

05-12-2009 04:11 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1531
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat IXtjub 05-13-2009

If not able to beat last GH, I do hope we get atleast 15 entrys. Shouldnt be a problem since there is alot of good BCs on CDO! Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

05-13-2009 04:43 AM
kerbak
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 36

RE: Golden Hat IXkerbak 05-13-2009

Takes Hat off This a very good oportunity to end my unit and make a New hero...

i saw a question but no the answer) on.. do we have to create Bull centaurs, or could we make some conversions in a classic Bull centur??

Kerbak´s blog
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=5572
05-13-2009 11:22 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IXTarrakk Blackhand 05-13-2009

GRNDL - I work in the cattle industry and I have heard the truckers stories of them getting charged by female cattle. I didn't know before, but they can charge too and be equilly damaging!

05-13-2009 12:51 PM
Pages (9): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites