Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
The Word of Hashut - Issue #5
Author MessageThe Word of Hashut - Issue #5
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Willmark 07-06-2009

Click here to download The Word of Hashut No.5!

Welcome back fellow Dawi Zharr and those from further afar, it is that time again:
Time again for all of the lesser races (i.e. all those who are not chaos dwarfs) to bow before our magnificent! Errr.... I'll try not to get too carried away. Wink

One year... who would have thought such a thing possible? This issue is a symbol, the culmination of an entire years work if you will and is a testament to the entire community
as whole. So what's inside? I'm not  going to give it away as there is plenty to read on the inside, so get downloading!

Again, sorry about the minor of a delay for Issue #5 of the Word of Hashut (I swear one of these times we are actually going to hit the release date specified). Tipping in at 104 pages
of awesome Dawi Zharr "goodness". Beware this issue in its high rez format is 61.6 megabytes.

You'll also note that the webzine is presented in two page spreads this time, that is because some of the awesome artwork is so big and so cool! It's also is because we are not adverse
to trying out new ideas.

Down the road: Issue #6 is in the earliest planning stages as is the outline for #7 so if you want to submit something please contact me and let me know, from there Maul will take over and arrange for submissions. There is plenty of room available so get to work if you want in.

A special call out has to go out to Swissdictator who provided so much in terms of support for articles, and proofing. As well as someone to bounce ideas of of during the many layout sessions that I was up working on this till the very early in the AM.

Also major thanks to the entire Illustration Team, you will be hearing more from them in Issue #6 and beyond, so stay tuned for that.

So on behalf of the Word of Hashut team, please enjoy our efforts.

NOTE: As always for those with lower speed internet connections you can access a low res (its 15.9 megs) version here (caution it will look terrible if you print it from this file) http://www.mediafire.com/file/mt22d4omyz...sue5lr.pdf

And a third way is now available for viewing: http://issuu.com/wordofhashut/docs/woh05

Lastly, always if there is something we missed please let me know, with something this big its bound to happen Wink.

Willmark

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 01-08-2010 12:20 AM by Willmark.

07-06-2009 09:53 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sojourn
Bull Centaur Lord

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Sojourn 07-06-2009

the issuu publication is not available anymore Sad *sniffle* or has it not yet been put up? why tease? why!?

I want to see it... haven't seen it yet. I'm out of the loop, noooooooooo!

self-assigned gold stars:

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
On special orders by Sojourn, Crayola created a Sojourn-coloured crayon. No matter what you draw with it, the result will always be a picture of Sojourn in her CDO t-shirt, looking smug.

This post was last modified: 07-06-2009 10:37 PM by Sojourn.

07-06-2009 10:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Willmark 07-06-2009

Downloads will work, just use those links.

07-06-2009 10:35 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Heh we just noticed one BIG typo on the Front Cover, we will take care of it in the first round of updates that always seem to happen... Wink

This post was last modified: 09-13-2009 11:49 PM by Willmark.

07-06-2009 10:57 PM
dedwrekka
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 29

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5dedwrekka 07-06-2009

Holy ! The artwork, the comic!

->Hashnahet's Immortals Army Blog
07-06-2009 11:15 PM
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Still need people who are established members to post on the following sites in question. Remember only those who are members of the sites mentioned don't spam and make sure you post in the right section.

Librarium-Online
http://www.librarium-online.com/
Primary poster there: Xander
Alternate(s):

Table Top Gaming News
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com
Alternate(s):

The Warhammer Forum
http://warhammer.org.uk
Alternate(s): Viskar Zhragoth, Baggronor, Grimstonefire

Brushthralls
http://forums.brushthralls.com
Primary poster there: Onii One Orc
Alternate(s):

Border Town Burning
http://bordertownburning.de.vu/
Primary poster there: Cianty
Alternate(s):

07-06-2009 11:57 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1307
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5tjub 07-07-2009

Great work! The comic was awesome, got really inspired to build more CDs... Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

07-07-2009 03:02 AM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Loki 07-07-2009

Amazing work, the best one so far cant wait to see number 6 Happy a big hats off to every one that helps make WOH what it is. truly the best web magazine there is  Takes Hat off

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

07-07-2009 03:11 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 444
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Thommy H 07-07-2009

That Rykarth guy really gets around!

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

07-07-2009 04:11 AM
cianty
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5cianty 07-07-2009

Another awesome issue! Congratulations to all involved!

By the way, made a news entry on the BTB site, of course. Thanks for promoting the issue on TBMF, Willmark!

Check out the Border Town Burning Mordheim supplement featuring the Black Dwarfs warband!

Cianty's Tabletop Wargames Blog
07-07-2009 05:46 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 616
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Baggronor 07-07-2009

I appear to have been credited as cover artist, which I'm sure whoever did the cover won't be impressed with Happy

Quote:
That Rykarth guy really gets around!

Originally I was intending to have Zhatan as the cameo in the comic, but after drawing Rykarth for the special character bit I really liked his spiky gorget and decided to include him instead. Although I really want to worm in a scene with Ghorth and Zhatan somewhere....

Edit: Have posted a link on the Warhammer Forum too.

http://www.titanwargames.com

This post was last modified: 07-07-2009 06:09 AM by Baggronor.

07-07-2009 06:01 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               

You know, we should really do some kind of collaboration since we seem to be working in the same version of the Chaos Dwarf universe with the same cast of characters...

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:

07-07-2009 06:08 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               

Quote:
You know, we should really do some kind of collaboration since we seem to be working in the same version of the Chaos Dwarf universe with the same cast of characters...

Happy

It is becoming undeniably true I feel. In fact, as you can probably tell, my writing skills have something of the muppet about them and I am far more comfortable drawing pretty pictures. Perhaps some kind of joint effort in future episodes of the comic? I have enough material for the rest of this story, probably 50 pages or so, after which I was going to wait and see.

07-07-2009 06:17 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

So would you want help with what remains of this story or just after you're done with this one and starting on the next one? I'd certainly be willing to offer ideas or tweak what you already have, but I know that it can be difficult to have someone offer editorial advice when you already have certain ideas in place. I don't want to step on your toes just for the sake of doing a collaboration is what I mean.

My models:

My rules:

07-07-2009 06:28 AM
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Willmark 07-07-2009

Baggronor Wrote:
I appear to have been credited as cover artist, which I'm sure whoever did the cover won't be impressed with Happy

Heh, added for the list of changes!

07-07-2009 06:38 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Quote:
So would you want help with what remains of this story or just after you're done with this one and starting on the next one? I'd certainly be willing to offer ideas or tweak what you already have, but I know that it can be difficult to have someone offer editorial advice when you already have certain ideas in place. I don't want to step on your toes just for the sake of doing a collaboration is what I mean.

Basically, part of the reason I'm doing this comic is that I want to see if I can put together a comic from start to finish, ie story idea through to final piece. I'm doing it independently of my usual writer, as he is busy moving house and writing the script for Shadows of a Changing Face, my main comic. Soooo, I'm quite set on doing Daemonsmith Blackhand's story myself, and this would likely be about 50 odd pages (probably 3-4 issues worth). After that, I am open to collaborations, and quite keen on the idea. Writing for it would presumably start while I'm still drawing Blackhand's story, so it could work Happy

07-07-2009 06:44 AM
Border Reiver
Lammasu

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 64
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Border Reiver 07-07-2009

I'll post a link to the Word on Warhammer Realm - just because.

Questions, comments, criticisms, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks.
07-07-2009 07:43 AM
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Willmark 07-07-2009

Awesome keep up the good promotion work!

07-07-2009 08:20 AM
Bjorni
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Army Showcase                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Bjorni 07-07-2009

After having been away for a while 2 things strike me immediately

1. The production quality of the zine is really nice, special kudos to a large portion of the artwork.

2. The amount of very good looking models produced by various members, kudos.

This post was last modified: 07-07-2009 08:48 AM by Bjorni.

07-07-2009 08:48 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut - Issue #5Grimstonefire 07-07-2009

Glad I managed to sneak in for the cover on this one! Happy  I assumed you were going to use the other one..?

This one really is awesome.  This is miles better than WD was, even in it's best day imo.  The video I mentioned in my article is now up  here.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 07-07-2009 11:00 AM by Grimstonefire.

07-07-2009 10:59 AM
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Word of Hashut # 12 Hashut's Blessing 42 29,679 06-05-2012 04:25 PM
Last Post: Baggronor
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #11 Willmark 25 20,291 02-21-2011 11:33 AM
Last Post: Nicodemus
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #10 Willmark 43 28,443 11-04-2010 06:04 AM
Last Post: vulcanologist
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #9 Willmark 30 24,589 08-12-2010 04:57 AM
Last Post: Skink