Pages (7): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October
Author MessageGolden Hat #10 - Closes 31st October
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st OctoberGrimstonefire 09-16-2009

Much as the Golden Hats are part of what the staff have organised, we are not the only ones that can organise contests. Wink

I feel it's a shame that some people don't want to enter this, but anyone so inclined could start another painting contest to run at the same time so you can take part in something.  It would not be staff run, or with medals, but it could be challenging nonetheless.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
09-16-2009 07:41 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1334
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st Octobercornixt 09-16-2009

I have one in my pocket as we speak. Maybe I'll pop it out soon.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

09-16-2009 08:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stubbs
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 0

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st OctoberStubbs 09-16-2009

Ohh so you can't tell what your planning to do? Big Grin (not that I wantet to do that but just wondering)  already working on something which I love so far well can't wait till it's finished!

09-16-2009 01:47 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1334
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st Octobercornixt 09-16-2009

I don't want to ruin it. It will be a fun thing, very low expectations. I haven't even mentioned it to the rest of the staff. I was planning a reveal at the end of summer but things overran at work so I didn't have time to oversee it then (or yet)

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

09-16-2009 02:19 PM
Revlid
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 191
Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st OctoberRevlid 09-17-2009

cornixt Wrote:
I have one in my pocket as we speak. Maybe I'll pop it out soon.

Converted to Slaanesh, have we? Tongue Wink

Yeah, headed down to GW tonight, so I might get something then. REJOICE! This may be the first competition I actually spend money on rather than just cobbling s*** together!

Madness? THIS IS... Well, maybe it isn't Sparta, but it's still pretty awesome.
Would you kindly comment on my Warhammer Armies: Chaos Dwarfs?
09-17-2009 02:18 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st OctoberTarrakk Blackhand 09-17-2009

So....can I build a Temple to Hashut for this competition if i wanted to? It said that Terrain wouldn't be allowed....or is this something different?

I think that having "No theme" is a bit better in some reguards. It makes it more of a "bigger" contest than just a contest with all Bull Centaurs or Hobgoblins or what have you.

However, I think that if the contest is going to be wide open with many catagories, then having a "First, Second and Third" overall won't be good. That would mean that a bull centaur competes agains a diorama.

Instead, the models should be grouped and then there should be multipule 1sts, 2nd's and 3rds for each catagory. Therefore bull centaurs will be judged with Bull centaurs and dioramas with Dioramas.

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
09-17-2009 12:49 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 713
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st OctoberSkink 09-17-2009

Damn, I posted my entry and just red now that you can't submit models already shown on this forum!

Too late to retry???

Jeez, this is one of the most interesting competitions and I can't partecipate it! Sad life on cruise shipsMad

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
09-17-2009 03:01 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st OctoberGrimstonefire 09-17-2009

Whatever your final entry is at the deadline is what will be counted. Wink  It allows people to improve their photos etc as well if they feel they need to.

@tarrak
As long as the temple has models as part of it like a diorama then yes.  If they are just sitting on it on their bases, or it's in the background then no.

This post was last modified: 09-18-2009 02:30 PM by Grimstonefire.

09-17-2009 05:03 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1224
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st OctoberWillmark 09-17-2009

I've got a very cool idea, problem is that pesky Word of Hashut always cuts into my GH time! Wink

My Want List / My Trade List
09-17-2009 11:24 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 959
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st OctoberPyro Stick 09-19-2009

Could this GH please have its deadline extended to the 30th of November? It calls for seriously big entries that a lot of people who want to enter probably wont be able to finish in the time allocated, so i think because of the nature of the contest subject the deadline should be extended. I know that i for one will not be able to finish my planned entry in the time available if i get the job im applying for and im going away for a week in the last week of october. By keeping the deadline the same as a normal GH you will be seriously cutting back on the number of entries in this contest.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

09-19-2009 03:47 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1263
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st Octoberclam 09-19-2009

You see, now we are talking. Thought I would personally have liked to see deadline extended to something like 31. December instead - now that would give most of us a fair chance doing something spectacular.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
09-19-2009 03:58 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               

clam Wrote:
You see, now we are talking. Thought I would personally have liked to see deadline extended to something like 31. December instead - now that would give most of us a fair chance doing something spectacular.

31st of december would be good as well but i would have thought a hell of a lot of people would be preoccupied with new year/christmas etc to be thinking about entering a painting contest.

09-19-2009 04:06 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st Octoberclam 09-19-2009

Pyro Stick Wrote:
31st of december would be good as well but i would have thought a hell of a lot of people would be preoccupied with new year/christmas etc to be thinking about entering a painting contest.

With Christmas, 2 kids  Birthday's and new year - I would concider being on of those presccupied persons - but will have to finish the week before Christmas, then. Would still have liked to see a 10 or 12 week deadline with a theme like this.

09-19-2009 04:25 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st OctoberGrimstonefire 09-19-2009

I would say extending it more than a couple of weeks is unlikely.  If we extended it until the end of december the next GH would be 2 months later than usual.

November/ December is usually a very quiet time for forums, hence us putting an artisan's there. Wink

09-19-2009 05:36 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Grimstonefire Wrote:
I would say extending it more than a couple of weeks is unlikely.  If we extended it until the end of december the next GH would be 2 months later than usual.

..So?

Grimstonefire Wrote:
November/ December is usually a very quiet time for forums, hence us putting an artisan's there. Wink

I would rather an extended GH than an AC.

09-19-2009 05:49 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st Octoberclam 09-20-2009

The ways of our Mods are past understanding - when it comes to the subject of GH.

They want a grand, outstanding, big#10 - but not willing to give the contenders time to actually fulfill it - because of ... a hypothetical deadline of a futher contest - not even announced yet. You guys really have a strange way of thinking (IMO).

But like Pyro S said: 'so what'?

This post was last modified: 09-20-2009 04:53 AM by clam.

09-20-2009 04:48 AM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st OctoberIshkur Cinderhat 09-20-2009

Jeez, seven weeks is not enough time for you? What do you want to enter? A whole new army??

09-20-2009 05:09 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st Octoberclam 09-20-2009

@Ishkur
Something that can't be fitted on a 20x20 base Wink

My bigest problem with this GH is the fact that I have a demanding job, a house, wife and two kids, so I'll have something like 20-30 hours within a 6 week time frame. That's perfect for a single miniature or two.

- but I think this calls for something other then a singel miniature - to force you to do your absolute best to win this one, too. But you are obviously not interested in that, I see (can't blame you, though) Big Grin

A yes, think we are back where all this started (for me), that this theme: 'will only favour those who have already started something or those who have way to much time one their hands'.

This post was last modified: 09-20-2009 05:31 AM by clam.

09-20-2009 05:28 AM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st OctoberKera foehunter 09-20-2009

I say stick to the dead line !  When you want to do bad enough
your find time !! most of my entry are a couple of weekends
and if you find the groove it takes less

The last of female chaos dwarf
09-20-2009 08:13 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1531
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat #10 - Closes 31st Octobertjub 09-20-2009

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:
Jeez, seven weeks is not enough time for you? What do you want to enter? A whole new army??

Hehe, I have to agree... If you need to, call in sick and get a few extra hours of painting. Wink

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

09-20-2009 09:43 AM
Pages (7): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest #6 - Ends 31st December Grimstonefire 78 31,549 01-05-2010 10:00 PM
Last Post: Border Reiver
  Artisan's Contest #5 - Ends 31st August Willmark 56 21,211 09-03-2009 05:04 AM
Last Post: Thommy H

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites