Post Reply  Post Thread 
Artisan's #5 Winners
Author MessageArtisan's #5 Winners
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
Artisan's #5 WinnersGrimstonefire 09-18-2009

Here are the winners!

1st place and Gold Artisan's medal goes to:  Thommy H
2nd place and Silver Artisan's medal goes to:  SteveM
3rd place and Bronze Artisan's medal goes to:  Wallacer

Final votes
Entry 2:  8 44.44%
Entry 7:  6 33.33%
Entry 1:  4 22.22%

Entry Key
Entry 1: - Wallacer
Entry 2: - ThommyH
Entry 3: - NIcodemus
Entry 4: - Loki
Entry 5: - Scion
Entry 6: - Patrikson
Entry 7: - SteveM
Entry 8: - Grimstonefire
Entry 9: - Hashut's Blessing
Entry 10: - GRNDL
Entry 11: - Pyro Stick
Entry 12: - torn
Entry 13: - Revlid

Medals and Slaves will be awarded now.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
09-18-2009 06:25 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's #5 WinnersThommy H 09-18-2009

Woo!

Thanks to everyone who voted for my entry. I knew going into this that if I couldn't win a creative writing contest I'd never win anything! So thanks for reaffirming my self-belief, everyone.

There were some great entries in this contest and I genuinely feel like it was a legitimate achievement to win. I pushed hard for this kind of contest when I was fortunate enough to be party to some of the discussions regarding it, and the strength and number of the entries made me very happy I'd done so. Wallacer's entry in particular I felt sure would beat mine (I voted for it in both rounds) but I could definitely have seen a few others emerging the winner too.

So, congratulations to everyone involved and thanks again Cheers!

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

09-18-2009 06:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1224
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Artisan's #5 WinnersWillmark 09-18-2009

I don't normally give stuff away regarding future peaks into the Word of Hashut but looks like there needs to be more room made for the issue Wink

Great work everyone.

My Want List / My Trade List
09-18-2009 10:23 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1256
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Artisan's #5 WinnersNicodemus 09-18-2009

Congratulations Thommy H, SteveM and Wallacer!  Nicely done all!

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

09-18-2009 11:50 PM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 713
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Artisan's #5 WinnersSkink 09-19-2009

Well deserved guyz!!! Especially Thommy H, you are a very good writer, will we be enjoy anohter tale of yours in WOH???

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
09-19-2009 12:41 AM
SteveM
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0
Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's #5 WinnersSteveM 09-19-2009

Thank you all who participated and/or read the entries and voted.  Special thanks to Tommy H whos stories in WoH were very inspiring to me.

This post was last modified: 09-19-2009 01:53 AM by SteveM.

09-19-2009 01:51 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1389
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's #5 WinnersZanko 09-19-2009

Congratulation to all the authors for their creative potential! Takes Hat off

Thommy H you are a worthy winner! Cheers!

One question to the authors: Have you longer versions of your stories? If so could you post them? IMO would be very interesting to read it! Happy

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

09-19-2009 02:53 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's #5 WinnersThommy H 09-19-2009

Skink Wrote:
Well deserved guyz!!! Especially Thommy H, you are a very good writer, will we be enjoy anohter tale of yours in WOH???

Thank you, and thanks to everyone else who said kind words, especially SteveM - there is no higher compliment for a writer than the one you just paid me, especially from the person who came second in this competition.

There won't be anything new in terms of fiction from me in the coming issue of WoH, though I'm assuming that my entry in this competition will find its way in. I've written a few things for it though - a small fluff piece accompanying some rules, for example - but I've really been too busy recently to commit to anything else.

I'm probably going to ask Willmark if I can start another series soon though, possibly with the same characters, or maybe something different.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

09-19-2009 06:12 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 619
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's #5 WinnersBaggronor 09-19-2009

Grats guys, I really enjoyed reading the entries for this artisans comp Happy

So, whens the illustration version Willmark? Happy

http://www.titanwargames.com
09-19-2009 08:39 AM
Henroth
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 159

RE: Artisan's #5 WinnersHenroth 09-22-2009

Congrats for the winners. Big Grin

Faith, Patience and Resignation, greats qualities for see to the new Chaos Dwarfs.
09-22-2009 04:16 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXVII - Winners! Admiral 13 5,930 08-14-2019 04:55 AM
Last Post: Will Liam
  Artisan's Contest XXVI - Winners Admiral 15 2,368 01-31-2019 06:57 PM
Last Post: Bolg
  Artisan's Contest XXV - Winners! Admiral 11 2,664 09-15-2018 10:22 PM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners Admiral 12 3,121 05-25-2018 03:21 PM