Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of Renown
Author MessageMini Contest- Create a  Regiment of Renown
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1223
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownWillmark 01-17-2010

Fun mini contest for the writers of the site.

Create a Regiment of Renown.

What to enter?
Create a Chaos Dwarf Regiment of Renown! This will be in written form, no pictures (however winning entries may have their works illustrated at a later point YTBD).

Units should have full rules for Warhammer fantasy battle along with some fluff to describe the unit.

Optionally the unit may include special character(s) for the RoR if you so choice. Such a special character should follow the same rules for special characters in Regiments of Renown. If there are any questions contact either myself of Bilbo for examples of Regiments of Renown.

Deadline
The deadline for the submission of entries is January 31st @ 11:59pm EST.  

Rules of the Competition
Create a written entry for a Regiment of Renown that based on a unit type for the Chaos Dwarf Ravening Hordes list. Thus it could be for a Chaos Dwarf, hobgoblin, Orc, goblin, black orc or bull centaur regiment.

To list out your entry, download the list file from the attachment. This is the same file that was used for Artisan's Contest 4.

How to Enter?
To submit your entry send a PM to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to) (Note: This is the same as the Artisan's Contests) Make sure that you have checked your work prior to sending it in.

How will this be judged?
After all entries are received I will create a thread for voting and a timed poll of 7 days will be created to determine the winner.

Entries will be judged on balance, point costing, flexibility, and usability. In short the voters will be asked to imagine could this unit be used on the table-top and would it fit the theme of chaos dwarfs without being over the top and/or unwieldy.

Unlike Artisans 5 there will not be a discussion thread as this is a straight up create a regiment of renown contest. So make sure you think out your entry prior to submission.

All those that enter will receive a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. thus if 7 people enter you each get 7 slaves.

The bigger "reward" will be perhaps being featured in a certain ezine, plus something else... what else I cannot say just yet Happy

Please PM me with any questions.
WM

Attached File(s)
.doc File  List.doc (Size: 39 KB / Downloads: 58)

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 01-22-2010 12:46 PM by Willmark.

01-17-2010 01:22 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownWillmark 01-19-2010

I see a bunch of downloads of the file so that is good hopefully we will have quite a few entries.

01-19-2010 07:37 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownHashut's Blessing 01-20-2010

I('d like to point out that the form is mentioned to be from AC4 and then you say it won't be discussed like in AC5 Wink I'm hoping to try and get something done for this, particularly since I didn;t manage to enter the last AC. Let's see what comes out, eh? Big Grin

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

01-20-2010 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 617
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownBaggronor 01-20-2010

I'm working on the assumption Champions and other Command models can also be named, is this ok as long as they are '1 wound' level dudes? Like Blind Ibn and Al Muktar for example. Obviously only the hero and champion would be able to challenge, etc.

http://www.titanwargames.com
01-20-2010 01:20 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1359
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownGrimstonefire 01-20-2010

What is the word count limit for this?

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
01-20-2010 03:20 PM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownBaggronor 01-20-2010

Quote:
What is the word count limit for this?

lol good question. If they're all as long as mine, this competition won't be very 'mini' Happy

01-20-2010 04:15 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 531
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownThommy H 01-20-2010

Here's a question: one of the old Regiments of Renown consisted of two witch hunters, so essentially two special characters hanging around together rather than a whole unit of identical blokes led by a named hero. Would a similar Chaos Dwarf-themed entry be within the rules?

(It shouldn't be hard to guess who I'm planning on making rules for...)

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

01-20-2010 04:49 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownGrimstonefire 01-20-2010

I will probably have a go at this.  I've got an idea already, I just need to think up some fluff.

@Thommy
I'm not sure if I would call 2 guys a unit.  As you said though, they were included under 'regiments of renown' at the time.

This post was last modified: 01-20-2010 04:54 PM by Grimstonefire.

01-20-2010 04:54 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownThommy H 01-20-2010

Yeah, there's precedent, that's all. I'm actually a little bit confused about the "you may include only one special character" rule anyway. Aren't Regiments of Renown all special characters anyway? It's not like you can field the Fighting Cocks without Lumpin Croop, or the Desert Dogs without Al'Muktar - they're not ordinary units with optional special characters, they come as a set.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:

01-20-2010 05:00 PM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownBaggronor 01-21-2010

Quote:
I'm not sure if I would call 2 guys a unit.  As you said though, they were included under 'regiments of renown' at the time.

There were a couple of RoR that were like that. Those Giants with the Druid for a start; technically they're only 3 guys Happy

Although he does say:

Quote:
a Regiment of Renown that based on a unit type for the Chaos Dwarf Ravening Hordes list. Thus it could be for a Chaos Dwarf, hobgoblin, Orc, goblin, black orc or bull centaur regiment.

Booo, allow 2 men armies!! Happy

01-21-2010 08:05 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownWillmark 01-22-2010

Sorry for the confusion guys, I didn't think this would garner so much interest! I have ammended it to say you may inlude special character(s). So Baggronor, yes you can have named low level flunkies in the unit like you describe. Thommy, yep that will work.

HB- it means we won't have a discussion round like last time before voting.

Grim & Baggronor- word count? Well, no novels please say perhaps 2000 max? I wouldn't worry about the word count on the rules section of the entry either.

This post was last modified: 01-22-2010 12:56 PM by Willmark.

01-22-2010 12:44 PM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownBaggronor 01-22-2010

Quote:
no novels please

I trimmed it Happy Sent.

01-22-2010 02:55 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownThommy H 01-22-2010

Mega. I might enter this then.

My models:

My rules:

01-22-2010 03:46 PM
dncswlf
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 59

RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of Renowndncswlf 01-24-2010

How can we submit the RoR?  I cannot attach to a private message...

Check out my blogs, lots of oldies but goodies:

Dncswlf's Chaos Dwarf Blog
My blog of other stuff
01-24-2010 10:30 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownWillmark 01-24-2010

Create a link to it and send the link to the user Staff.

01-24-2010 11:55 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownThommy H 01-26-2010

Create a link to it? Are we supposed to be hosting this thing? I'm a bit confused, so I'm going to write this just as a basic text file to start with, but if you get back to me and tell me who you want the entries formatted, I'll change it to that.

My models:

My rules:

01-26-2010 03:35 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownWillmark 01-26-2010

That's what some have done. The other possibility is to copy and paste it into a PM. If that doesn't work PM. Me then we can work out an email if need be.

This post was last modified: 02-28-2011 09:35 PM by Willmark.

01-26-2010 04:22 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownGrimstonefire 01-26-2010

We have a staff email account people can use for attachments:

cdostaff@hotmail.co.uk

01-26-2010 04:29 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of RenownThommy H 01-26-2010

I'll just use text. If you can't use it, let me know and I'll reformat it.

My models:

My rules:

01-26-2010 04:35 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1333
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Mini Contest- Create a  Regiment of Renowncornixt 01-26-2010

The template needs quite a bit of adjustment for anything that isn't a war machine. I've been adjusting mine as it goes, but it seems to remove the need for a template in the first place.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

01-26-2010 05:19 PM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Create your own special character Karak 11 4,409 07-04-2008 09:36 PM
Last Post: Hashut's Blessing

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend