Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf Rumour
Author MessageMouthwatering Chaos Dwarf Rumour
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf RumourXander 07-31-2007

I have it from a very reputable source that as we speak Gav Thorpe is working on the Chaos Dwarfs army book, and that we can expect an early 2009 release for Chaos Dwarfs.

Of course, such rumours have been floating around for quite some time, but I am inclined to believe my source based on prior experiences.

This is pretty exciting to me!  This means anything you post right now could possibly influence the book itself, if only indirectly!  Keep the support for Chaos Dwarfs as high as possible as we ramp up to this release!

Discuss! Takes Hat off
-Xander

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
07-31-2007 10:59 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
minty
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf Rumourminty 07-31-2007

yay, we get a book, ha take that everyone who dosen't like chaos dwarves

07-31-2007 11:50 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf RumourGrimstonefire 07-31-2007

I wouldn't be that surprised that he's working on the book now.To design a whole new army and balance it into all the others takes time, that for Gav will be a labour of love I'm sure.

If we say early- late 2009 (to be on the safe side) I'm guessing the model production would begin around March next year, so concept art floating around now perhaps?

They need to do that now, so the armylist/ rules etc would also need looking at now as well.

This confirms to me that I have to complete my book and send it to them ASAP.

@Xander
We will need to have a meeting of mods/ admin to decide the future for CDO when rumours and pics start flying around.  Its going to take some planning.  All that can wait though until we get something concrete.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 07-31-2007 03:56 PM by Grimstonefire.

07-31-2007 03:53 PM
hal
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 1

RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf Rumourhal 07-31-2007

Mouth-watering indeed.
I hope it's true.

07-31-2007 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf RumourXander 07-31-2007

Sounds good Grim.  We'll reopen that Rumour Section once things start rolling out.

Cheers! I hope it is true also, he is a trusted source, so I am sitting confident.

07-31-2007 05:15 PM
ashur
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 97

RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf Rumourashur 07-31-2007

Pray Hashut for that.

Dawi-Zharr of all countries, unite !

minies:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...67#pid8567

Background:

Chaos Dwarfs and Kingdoms of Ind - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...#pid289243
The Dragon Isles - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17958
The edge of the World - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18055

Estalia:
the nature of Estalia - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17975
The priestess and the tarasca - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...#pid290710
07-31-2007 05:20 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf RumourHashut's Blessing 07-31-2007

Two years. Damnit. Wink Good news though. Let's hope it changes from rumour to truth.

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

07-31-2007 07:12 PM
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf RumourThe Flying Beaver 08-01-2007

A Chaos Dwarf book in 2009 isn't a new concept to me, but I sure hope this is true. I'll go sacrifice some wood elves now to ensure it happens. Happy

Stick 'em wiv knives. Stick 'em wiv arrows. Stick 'em wiv swords and spears. Stick 'em where it 'urts. But most importantly, stick 'em when they's not looking!
-Gorduz Backstabber, Hobgoblin Khan

My Chaos Dwarf Win Record:
W/L/D
41/23/12

This post was last modified: 08-01-2007 12:40 AM by The Flying Beaver.

08-01-2007 12:39 AM
grimsnikk
Unregistered

RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf Rumourgrimsnikk 08-01-2007

Makes sense.  Having spoken with Jervis a handful of times recently he's talked about the finishing of existing armies.  So making sure that already established armies like Orks or Chaos Dwarfs or Lost and the Damned have a good book is a significantly higher priority than making new stuff, like Alien Hunters or Cathay.  (His examples after people were asking the inevitable "when will my army get new stuff" question)

And with Orks being not too far off and the recent confirmation of a Ruinous Powers dex, CDs may not be too far off

Add some wood to the furnace for me too

08-01-2007 01:32 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Uzkul Werit
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Slaves: 1
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor                               
RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf RumourUzkul Werit 08-01-2007

This should be just the ticket to get Games Workshop out of their current drop in profits! Time to start saving.

For who knows their way around a larder better than a Halfling?
Raze their cities and loot their gold, bleed them dry and burn their souls!

Yamakaze on The Ogre Stronghold

08-01-2007 06:31 AM
minty
Lammasu

RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf Rumourminty 08-01-2007

I think i jus figgured out why, look at this and think why there finaly giving us something new

http://investor.games-workshop.com/lates...end_07.pdf

not looking to good with the big GW is it

08-01-2007 08:39 AM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf Rumourtorn 08-03-2007

lol profits are down.

my gf's companys profits went down from something like 500m to 490m, so they had to cut down on lightbulbs, despite the fact they still made 490m. i dont understand how big business works, i just know a pub is a bit useless without lightbulbs.

anyway back on topic - hopefully ill have a usable army the day the book comes out!

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
08-03-2007 07:55 AM
hobblin
Unregistered

RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf Rumourhobblin 08-03-2007

Ya we get an army book,oh I wonder will they do hat's or hell cannon style.

08-03-2007 10:11 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf RumourXander 08-03-2007

minty Wrote:
I think i jus figgured out why, look at this and think why there finaly giving us something new

http://investor.games-workshop.com/lates...end_07.pdf

not looking to good with the big GW is it

Depends how you look at it:

Sure that looks kind of bad, right?  Wow, GW is in trouble....

However:

When you look at it this way, there isn't much to complain about, unless you are a shareholder. Hehe.

This post was last modified: 08-03-2007 10:39 AM by Xander.

08-03-2007 10:38 AM
Sobek
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf RumourSobek 08-03-2007

And really, most of the drop of in sale is probably from all the LoTR players moving on after the hype started dyeing down.

08-03-2007 10:49 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Sobek Wrote:
And really, most of the drop of in sale is probably from all the LoTR players moving on after the hype started dyeing down.

I think that is a very fair assessment.  You can see usual growth in 2001-2004 coinciding with the movie releases.

That kind of goes with my proposed idea for GW.  Keep the same LOTR gaming system, but buy up new IPs (Intellectual Properties), especially movies and release games for them.  Who would have bought a 300 gaming system with sweet Spartan models?  You'd already know how to play the game since it would be the same system, but you'd get sweet new models and rulesets for the different armies.

You can't keep making LOTR games without the hype of the movies.

This post was last modified: 08-03-2007 11:02 AM by Xander.

08-03-2007 10:58 AM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf Rumourtorn 08-03-2007

what goes up must come down.

i actually blame video games. when we were kids we couldnt afford to have much in the way of video gaming, maybes 1 or 2 new games a year between us, but we could get a few models and a few paints and that would keep us entertained much longer.

now that kids all seem to sit for their whole lives infront of the tv playing on their playstations and xbox's i cant see them being convinced that spending 2 hours painting a model can be as exciting. I would bet all toys and childrens entertainment is suffering as a result.

if i were them id make a re-release of heroquest, a whole adventure in a box sort of thing, except with space marines. nice and simple for ages 8 to 12 ish, with a tv advert. that is bound to sell and get kids into it, ho we al know grow up into us men who spend good chunks of our wages on soldiers.

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
08-03-2007 11:20 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

I have played video games since before I played HeroQuest.  So I know for myself video games have never gotten in the way.  

But HeroQuest was my ticket in, a mainstream game sold in a department store.  I would love a new dungeon game from GW that would be sold in department stores.

08-03-2007 03:29 PM
grimsnikk
Unregistered

RE: Mouthwatering Chaos Dwarf Rumourgrimsnikk 08-03-2007

You can always convert your own.  I've seen the following counts as armies (or at least a test model)
Spartans:
Dogs of war, Lizardmen, Khorne Mortals (wtf?) Bretonnians (with 2 pikemen per base), Easterlings, Urukhai, Boromir w/ Osgiliath Vets, Grey Knights and Eldar.  And I'm planning on making some once the Dol Amroth Men at Arms come out.
Persians
Skaven, Beastmen (actually my fav.  Xerxes was a Master of Mortal Daemon Prince, the Big base was for his palaquin.  mostly skirmishing dudes and some daemonettes), Harad and Khand.

Talisman is being rereleased in.. October?  That will be probably be sold in other places I believe.

08-03-2007 03:50 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Ah yes, Talisman could be really fun.

08-03-2007 04:17 PM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites